• Published 27th Oct 2019
  • 4,841 Views, 40 Comments

The Reformation of Cozy Glow - Vixenthehuntress



Cozy Glow has been freed from her stony prison, it's up to the mane six to reform her.

  • ...
4
 40
 4,841

Chapter 3: Nightmare: Pieces Revealed

Author's Note:

Alright first thing is first I did not forget about this story. Things got busy at College. Now with things online I can post more on here. My plan is to post at least 2 to 3 chapters of this story every week. Hope you enjoy

Chapter 3: Nightmares: Pieces Revealed.

“What the hay?” Applejack’s eyes snapped open. One moment she was having a very pleasant dream. The next she found herself alone in a blue void. “Where the hay am I?” She questioned as she took a few steps in the old.

“It has been a while Applejack.” The apple-farmer looked up and smiled as the blue alicorn gracefully dropped down before her. “My apologies for taking you from your dream but there is something I need to discuss with you.”

“No problem Princess Luna.” Luna gave the element of harmony a hug, “how has retirement been treating you?”

Luna broke the embrace and lowered herself down on her forelegs, Applejack joining her soon after. “It has been going quite nicely, my old friend. Celestia is currently away on a bit of a journey. I have been able to get a lot more rest and I am grateful for that. How is Equestria doing under the rule of Twilight?”

“Things have been going great, though things started off a bit rocky at the start.” Applejack thought back to Twilight’s first day as an official queen. “Twilight has really taken to the rule of ruler quite well.”

“That is wonderful to hear,” Luna’s expression suddenly became very serious. “I need you to come with me for a while. Something is wrong with Cozy Glow’s dream state.”

“What do you mean?” Luna’s horn glowed a bright blue as she opened a portal to her left.

Luna rose to her hoofs, “follow me and I will show you what is going on.”

Applejack nodded her head and followed the former ruler into the portal. “So you still go through ponies dreams at night?” Applejack asked.

Luna gave her a small nod, “I may not be the ruler of the night anymore, but I still take great pleasure in visiting ponies dreams. I make sure foals nightmares do not get too bad.” Luna asked the question that had been on her mind for a while. “Why did you and your friends decide to lift the spell on Cozy Glow?”

Applejack let out a small sigh, “I suppose it is safe to say that we all didn’t want to release her.” Applejack thought back to the meeting they had. “Rarity and Rainbow were not willing to let the poor filly out. I suppose me and the others took a bit of pity on her. I couldn’t stand starring at her trapped in stone.”

“If you are all willing to do this, then I have no problem or say in the matter.” Luna came to a stop, “just let me ask you one question… have you all thought what may happen if this doesn’t work?”

“Well… Twilight believes that this will work.” The honest truth was that they didn’t have an actually back up plan. All the stuff she said about throwing Cozy Glow into the dungeons or turning her back to stone was a lie. “That girl is betting all her chips that this will work, as long as Twilight believes in this. Then I will do my part in helping this filly down the right path.”

Luna turned back around and opened another portal. “I warn you Applejack, sometimes ponies dreams get bad. Come with me into Cozy Glow’s dream state and you might understand her a bit more.”

Applejack nodded her head and the duo entered Cozy’s dream state. “Oh, sweet Celestia.”

“That is why I brought you here.” Luna’s voice was filled with sadness. “I have only seen one other filly her age have something this bad happen in her dreams.”


“Please stop…” Cozy Glow ‘s eyes were wide with true fear. She was currently tied to chair, slowly but surely being turned into stone. “Let them go!” The filly was forced to watch as two figures were brought into the room she was in. One was a stallion with a pure white coat, the other was a mare with a light red fur. “Mommy! Daddy!”

A dark pony slowly walked into the room, “come on your choice, your lives or the life of your twisted and evil daughter!” Cozy screamed as the dark unicorn forcefully lifted her mother’s head. A dagger was lifted to her throat, “come on already tell me!”

“Why on earth would I save a filly a like that?” Cozy’s eyes widened and she looked at her mother in shock. “Do you really think that I am gonna risk my skin for a demon like her.”

“My amazing wife is right,” tears filled the poor fillies eyes. “Come on now, she is evil, a monster, she teamed up with the worst of the worst and still lost!” His voice was filled with malice. “She lost to a pathetic princess and her friends. Why would I save my daughter when she can’t even do anything right?”

“No that’s not true!” Cozy Glow screamed, “this is the part where you save me like you always do!”

“Oh be quiet already,” Cozy’s panicked eyes locked onto her mother. “My life is much more important than an evil little filly.” Cozy’s whole world went completely dark. “We abandoned you for a reason, Cozy Glow. We left you to die cause we saw evil in you, and what do you know? We were right all along.”

“You’re a monster!”

“A demon!”

“A terrorist!”

“An evil little brat!”

“You were a waste of nine months of my life.”

“Stop it!” Cozy Glow frantically looked around as the stone around her began to speed up. It covered over her back legs, her stomach and slowly up to her neck. “Your suppose to save me I’m your child!”

“If you were our child than why did we leave you to die?” Her father and mother turned into shadows and faded into the darkness. However, their voices wouldn’t stop mocking the poor filly.

Cozy Glow let out an ear-piercing scream as she was turned to stone. Suddenly she was gone, she had disappeared in a flash of bright light.

“Was that your doing Princess Luna?” Applejack asked as she wiped a tear from her eye.

Luna calmly shook her head, “that dream forced her to wake up.” With a commanding stomp of her hoof, the dream state cracked and broke into a thousand pieces. “She has had this same nightmare in the past when I have come here. Before she was revealed to be who she was. I tried to help her get over it, but she refuses to talk about her past life. Something has happened to her, something that has left a scar that will not heal.”

“How many times have you saved her from this dream?” Applejack was shocked at what came next.

“I have saved her from this dream nearly 20 times in the last 2 years. It is always different in a way but the premise is very clear. Some ponies broke into her home and gave her parent’s a choice. Save their filly or go free, it seems they choose to leave her to behind.” Luna opened a portal to her left, “Applejack I am suggesting that you go and comfort that filly. When this happens she never returns to her dreams, meaning she is probably gonna attempt to stay up the whole night.”

“It was great to see you again Princess Luna.” Applejack gave the ruler of dreams a hug before heading into the portal.

Applejack’s eyes snapped open and she found herself back in her bed. Applejack let out a small yawn before jumping up to her hoofs and carefully making her way to Applebloom’s room. Upon arrival, she found that Applebloom’s door was wide open and Cozy Glow was gone. “Now where did that filly get along too.” Applejack walked over to her younger sister and adjusted her blanket’s a bit. The apple-farmer headed down her stairs and could hear someone was mumbling in the kitchen. Applejack poked her head into the kitchen and her heart nearly broke. Sitting against the walled near the sink, barely able to hold a cup of water was Cozy Glow.

“Don’t go to sleep, don’t go to sleep, don’t go to sleep, don’t go to sleep.” Cozy slowly rocked back and forth struggling to contain herself. “They are wrong, they are wrong, they are wrong.” Cozy Glow lost her grip on the cup, dropping it on the floor and spilling its contents.

“Cozy Glow, I need you to look at me.” Applejack lowered herself down to her level and placed a hoof on her chin. “Come on sugar cube look at me.” She said a little more sternly as she gently forced her head up.

“Ah!” Cozy was broken from her trance and looked to the warm eyes of Applejack. “W-what d-do you want!”

“Easy there little one, I found you in mah kitchen like this.” Applejack placed a hoof on Cozy glow’s cheek. “Come on little one I want you to come and sit in mah room for a bit.”

“W-Why would I do that?” Cozy was meet with a very stern and knowing look from Applejack. Cozy Glow was in no mood to argue or try to be rude to Applejack. “Ok, do you want me to clean up this water?”

“That is very kind of you Cozy Glow, but you don’t need to do that this time. Just go ahead and take a seat on my bed I will be there in a view minutes.” Once Applejack had cleaned that water up, she joined the filly in her room.

“Are you mad that I left your sister’s room?” Cozy Glow asked once Applejack was back.

“No I am not mad at you, you didn’t do anything wrong yet.” Applejack climbed up onto her bed and surprised Cozy Glow by wrapping her foreleg around her. “Princess Luna showed me your nightmare tonight.” Applejack felt Cozy Glow tense up after hearing those words. “Cozy Glow what happened to you sugarcube?”

“Nothing!” Cozy Glow snapped, “nothing happened to me! Now leave me alone!”

“Cozy you do not need to tell me everything. If you are gonna stay here on mah farm I need to know more about you.” Applejack was taken a bit off guard when she felt Cozy Glow rest her head on her side. “Why don’t you tell me about your life before all of this.”

Cozy Glow let out a sigh, “I’m from Baltimare, I lived in a small house with my mom and dad. My dad was a lawyer and my mom was a university teacher. We never had issues with money, nor did we have a lot of worries. They worked most days but we always spent time together on weekends. I was always a good student straight A in all of my studies. My life was good… one night about 3 years ago someone broke in… I don’t wanna talk about what happened next.” Cozy let out a sniffle, “then I was alone until I was placed into the ponyville orphanage. Then I learned about the magic of friendship and what it truly could do. After that, I went to her school and you know the rest of that story.”

“If you don’t mind me asking. Did your parents leave you or did they pass away?” Applejack took Cozy Glow’s silence as her way of not wanting to tell her. “Ok, then you don’t need to tell me. Cozy Glow do you want to stay with me tonight?”
“I don’t want to go to sleep at all!” Cozy Glow rubbed her eyes with her hoofs. “I’m tired of nightmares… I can’t go more than a week without that stupid nightmare.”

“Well maybe having some pony to cuddle up next to, will help you sleep for once.” Applejack gave the obviously scared filly a soft smile. “Why don’t you stop with all this foolish bravery of yours and try to relax.”

“I haven’t done that since my mom…” Cozy Glow closed her eyes as tight as she possibly could. “Since my mom and dad abandoned me.”

“Why in the name of Celestia would they do that?” Applejack saw Cozy Glow shake her head a bit. “You don’t need to tell me everything if you are not ready.”

“No, I don’t want to talk about it… could I maybe take you up on your offer and sleep with you tonight.” Cozy Glow was completely expecting Applejack to take her offer back.

“Of course sugarcube,” Applejack pulled her covers out a bit. “Now come on over here, you need to get some sleep. Tomorrow you are gonna be doing a whole lot of hard work.”

“Whatever,” Cozy joined Applejack under her blankets. “Why are you being nice to me, I’m evil, I took over Equestria, I hurt you and your friends.”

“Look sugarcube I am going to tell you this one time. You are not evil and I never want to hear you tell yourself that again.” Applejack pulled the filly a bit closer to her and nuzzled the top of her head. “I know that you were well aware of your actions, actions that you are gonna be punished for with a lot of hard work while you are here. But no matter what, you are not evil, so get that foolishness out of your head!”

“Oh goody,” Cozy Glow slowly closed her eyes. “I don’t want to have that nightmare again tonight.”

“Don’t worry,” Applejack kept this very soft nuzzle going. “You are gonna be fine, just close those eyes of yours and relax.”

Cozy Glow tried to tell herself that this was annoying her. She wanted to get out of this bed and go be alone. Everything she wanted to do right now, was overshadowed by a need to be comforted. Something that this filly hadn’t had in a long time. Eventually, for the first time in a long time, she had a peaceful night’s sleep.