• Published 26th Oct 2019
  • 1,089 Views, 7 Comments

2G - Bysen



Gilda comes to Ponyville and meets Gallus. Drama happens.

  • ...
2
 7
 1,089

Gilda x Gallus 2: for a story based around these two it took long enough to get them back together...

“Gilda!” Gallus yelled as he increased his speed towards her. He’d thought the odds of finding her at the same place as yesterday to be pretty low but he didn’t exactly have any better idea of where else to look. That and he hadn’t had breakfast yet either. She was about to leave so it was only lucky timing and plot convenience that let him catch her there in the first place.

Why he was putting so much stock into what ‘some random hen’ had come up with came down to her being right about the first thing. Even being right about her tricking him into loving her, even if Ocellus hadn’t done so on purpose. “Sup dweeb.” Gilda replied as he got closer. “Take it the changeling’s daddy came and chased you off huh?” she said with a smirk.

“What the tart did you say to him? And why the tart are you talking about me to some… some… dopplebanger?!” he yelled. Just two years ago [or three or four, not sure how long it’s been] that term would’ve been completely fine with everyone who’d just heard him. Now it was the pony’s N word, nag, but for changelings. ‘Course Gilda didn’t know that and honestly most ponies still didn’t care. Gallus knew though. “I mean… uh… darn it.” he cursed at himself to himself.

“Wow, ok, ok… calm your crotch-tits.” she said while making a forward and backward ‘slow down’ motion with one of her foreclaws. “He came up to me and just started talking. Forgive me for not being rude and telling him to shut up and shove off like I wanted to.” Gallus fully landed at this point and stepped up close to her.

He didn’t say anything. He just death stared her. She didn’t back down from it though. Not at first. A solid ten seconds passed before she flinched and her eyes darted away from his for a moment. She’d lost that match. He loosened up barely a second after that so it was clear he knew that he'd won too.

“Hey, I gotta give you credit though. Clearly you told her. So I guess you didn’t lose my respect after all.”

“Are you my mother?”

“Wot.”

“You talked about how your old enough to be my mom, about having a chick with a pony and now, turns out I might be part pony. So… are you? Coming to Ponyville with some excuse about meeting up with Miss Rainbow Dash even though she’s not even here but really coming to check on your wayward son?!”

Gilda just stood there, eyes wide and beak slightly agape.

He walked past her and sat in the seat Gilda had just gotten up from. “I’m just messing with you. How did you come up with the idea that I’m part pony?” he asked, still mildly chuckling as he sat.

Gilda, still a little shocked didn’t exactly know how to react to that little prank he’d pulled on her and just shrugged, muffling a “I’un’no.”.

She regained most of her composure and had to admit, that was a good prank. If she had caught on fast enough she probably would’ve said 'yes' just to mess with him in turn. Or was that too mean? Eh… “Think it’s actually possible? I might be part pony?” he asked as she walked up to the table she’d just gotten up from. There was only a single seat at it so she couldn’t sit down herself.

“Dunno. Got a better explanation?”

“Yeah, uh… I'll have a breakfast gryscone and a medium Dr.Poop please.” Gallus said to the waiter.

“Wait, you’re getting something? I was just about to leave!” Gilda groaned. She should still leave just to prove a point. “To go!” she called to the waiter. Whether she heard or not and then acknowledged it or not, the two of them would have to wait to find out.

Gallus, leaning on the table, answered her. “Well I’m either a one in a million son of a hippogryph. Or I’m a one in a million gryphon affected by changeling’s… phera-whatever...” he twirled his claw to emphasise the ‘whatever’ part. “Oh! And you were right. It… it was a changeling trick.” he admitted, voice downtuned.

“Wait… really?” that surprised her. “I thought I was just joking. What a bitch move.”

“What? No! It’s not her fault… she didn’t mean to.” he started, defending the girl. But by the end of it, it was barely even half hearted. “She was surprised by it too.”

“Right… if she tricked you, how exactly is that NOT her fault?” Gilda walked over to another table with two mares at it and grabbed a chair from their table without asking. The cream and mint mares watching and eating popcorn didn’t object at all. She placed it at the table directly across from Gallus, back facing inwards and sat on it cool-teacher style.

*explanation*

“That was incredibly clear and concise and doesn’t warrant going over it another time as we both now know what happened.” Gilda said stiffly as if her words where completely out of character.

There was a third option however. Neither of those one in a million things where right and his feelings for her were genuine. But Gilda didn’t think pointing that out to him would make him feel any better. And at this point, she didn’t think that was what was on the forefront of his mind. He clearly thought he was acting cool but he was a horrible actor. Wait… was she any better then?

Gallus didn’t seem upset, which is what Gilda thought he’d be around this whole thing but she couldn’t quite place what it was she was seeing from him. He corner eyed almost every pony who walked by. It was when a blue pegasus [not Rainbow Dash] flew by that he followed her hard with his eyes. The mare probably noticed too and put an extra bit of flap into her soar that emphasised what she assumed he was looking at her for. It really made that pegasus' day and made her feel good about herself.

“Wait… you really think you’re part pony?”

He answered with "That’s like the third thing you’ve started with ‘wait’ in a row.”

“Ok… guess not then.”

“Wai-damn it…” Gallus began, cutting himself off. “Wait. No, you’re right.”

“As always.”

“Yeah, will I wish you weren’t for once.” he muttered. “Granpa Gruff. He’s your grandpa right?”

“Um… probably?”

“Well, he’s my guardian for this school. And he’s the closest thing I have to a father. Even if he pawned me off to this place at the first chance.”

“Flight school for me. Join the club.” she joked in agreement before realising what he’d just said. He thought they were family. She tried to stop from saying anything more. “Listen dweeb, I-” but he just talked right over her.

“He’s gotta know something about who my parents are right?” he said, going in a different direction than she’d thought. “I’ve never really, properly, asked him before so I’ve only gotten ‘They found me crawling around town.’ but he’s gotta know who had an egg around then or who died… or if there was some pony or hippogryph around 11 moons beforeclaw.”

It was weird. Gilda had never heard someone’s voice like that before. Both excited and downtrodden at the same time. It certainly pulled on a few heart strings she didn't know were so out of tune. Or maybe that was her hope that he had thought of her as family. Nahg, who would want that? It’s not like she liked him or anything. B-baka!

“Anyway…” Gallus interrupted her thoughts. “I have a favour to ask.” she didn’t reply verbally, only raising an eyebrow slightly in a ‘go on’ manor. “Could… you… help me found out?”

“W-why do you want my help? You can talk to Granpa Gruff on your own.”

“I can. But I’d rather not if I don’t have to. When I do, I’d like to have a friend there me to help me out. That's what friends do.” Gilda looked at him for a long moment after he said it. He in turn didn’t break eye contact. But unlike before, this didn’t feel like a competition.

But if it was, he lost as Gilda answered. “Pfft… we’re not friends.”

Author's Note:

Alternate ending

“I’m just messing with y-” Gilda hugged him.

“I’m sorry son. I… I wasn’t ready to have a chick at that age. Like you said, I was only your age now when I had you and so I gave you to Granpa Gruff, my grandfather, and swore him to secrecy. And I have something else I need to tell you too! Your father’s name is Bow Hothoof and Rainbow Dash is your half-sister.”

Is it wrong I kinda want a Gilda x RD’s dad fic now?
Yes. Yes it is.