• Published 6th Jan 2020
  • 803 Views, 24 Comments

Title Holder - Closer-To-The-Sun



Yona has a new passion that involves smashing: wrestling in the ring.

  • ...
0
 24
 803

Chapter 4: Protect Ya Neck

“G’evening everypony and everycreature, and welcome to Ponyville Extreme Wrestling!” the announcer loudly proclaimed to the crowded arena over the loudspeaker. “It’s JR here with, as always, Kerry Lawler.”

“It’s gonna be another fantastic night of wrestling tonight, especially with the tag-team matches tonight!” Kerry commented.

“It’s hard to believe that Megadeth and Pantera will actually be workin’ together against Fugazi and Agent Orange. With everythin’ that Megadeth has done to Pantera in the past, will there actually be any trust on that team?” JR asked.

“That’s something we’re gonna have to wait to find out tonight. Not to mention the rest of the stellar matches going on tonight! Rumor has it that we might have a special appearance in the ring tonight by wrestling legend Portishead,” Kerry Lawler hinted. “But before we think about that, let us get underway with our first B-show match of the night!”

In the audience, Smolder returned to the rest of her friends with concensions, “I’m back! Hope I didn’t miss anything.”

Gallus took some of the items and passed them down to everycreature, “Just in time, they’re about to start with the first match.”

Sandbar was looking down at what seemed to be a program, “It seems the first match of the night is between Beastie and Mastodon.”

“Ooo! This is so exciting!” Silverstream called out.

Ocellus’ ears perked up at Yona’s wrestling name. While this wasn’t her normal scene and almost everything about wrestling frightened her, she did want to see how Yona’s practice paid off.

Over the loudspeaker, JR introduced the fighters, “Here are our first wrestlers of the evening!”

Both of the wrestlers started trotting from the hallways to the ring in the center of the arena. Mastodon stepped into the ring as JR continued speaking.

“In the red corner, we have our newest fighter who has already found a place in everycreature’s heart! It’s Mastodon, hailin’ from Yakyakistan!”

“We know where she’s from, she’s a yak,” Gallus called out loudly.

Laughter and cheers erupted in the stadium at the joke, even causing Mastodon to have a smile on her face. Even when she was wrestling in an alter ego, she couldn’t help but enjoy having her friend’s supporting her.

Kerry took over, “And in the blue corner, we have the fighter who is more animal than pony, it’s Beastie!”

Entering the right was a muscular white pegasus pony. An animal-like mask covered their head and mane while a sort of sequined pants covered their flank and real legs. He seemed to bark and act more like a feral animal than a civilized pony. Then again, each wrestler has a gimmick to work with. The audience had both cheers and shouts towards Beastie, who seemed to be oblivious to it all. Mastodon watched on as Beastie was showing off various poses and feats for the crowd. This started to make the yak a little nervous.

“Look at these two titans of the ring! It’s hard to think that Mastodon has already made a name for herself after taking down Slipknot, but here she is about to go against the beast himself, Beastie!” JR commented as the referee entered the ring.

“You can already hear the crowd’s excitement!” Kerry added as the audience roared.

“This is going to be so cool!” Gallus was already on the edge of his seat.

Smolder stood on top of her seat and shouted, “We want blood!”

The referee called both the wrestlers to the center of the ring. The two exchanged glances at each other. Mastodon looked at the mask of her opponent. Just because she knew who was on the other side of the mask didn’t put her nerves at ease. After all, she knew who was beneath the mask and that they were a very kind pony, but they were both in the ring to put on a show, and each had to play a part.

“Mastodon is going to take Beastie down!” Mastodon loudly claimed to the cheers of the crowd.

Beastie didn’t reply as one might expect. Instead, he roared as he jumped up and down like he was a filly having a fit. He then pointed at the yak and pointed down. This could be interpreted as that it was, in fact, Mastodon who was going to go down.

“It looks like Beastie doesn’t want to go down with a fight, and that’s exactly what we want to see here!”

The bell rang. “And there’s the bell!”

The two fighters clashed right away in the right, causing the referee to step aside to safety. In their locked position, the wrestler’s heads were next to each other. With soft voices, the two whispered to one another.

“Let’s have a good fight for them,” Beastie spoke.

“Mastodon worried,” she admitted.

“It’s natural. We got a lot of eyes watching us. All the more reason to do our best,” Beastie said as he pushed Mastodon away. In a split second, the pony went from an encouraging ally to a fighting-crazed wrestler. He then rushed back toward Mastodon, striking her a few times. Each time was enough for Mastodon to know how hard it was supposed to look, so she could sell it to the crowd.

“Look at that! Beastie is not playing around! He knows he can’t push Mastodon around like some common wrestler, so he’s going in for strikes!” Kerry called out.

With the crowd’s reaction, Beastie continued with his assault. He trotted up to Mastodon and placed his front limbs on Mastodon’s neck. With an extremely brief look into each other’s eyes, the two exchanged an understanding look of what was to happen next. Beastie pulled upon the yak’s neck, forcing her down to hit the mat. With the loud thud of the yak’s head hitting the mat, the crowd erupted in both cheers and shock.

“What a sick, twisted pony! Beastie starts off the match with his Check Your Head! This is what we expect to see from these fighters, but he’s wasting no time!” JR called out.

Kerry added, “That’s gonna hurt!”

“Wait a minute! Mastodon is already back on her hooves!”

Just as JR said, the yak was already standing back up. She looked shaken, but she wasn’t going to be taken out so easily. Beastie closed the gap again, throwing her against the ropes. Mastodon slingshot back toward the pegasus wrestler, ducking below his waiting clothesline and going against the ropes on the other side. Against, she went towards Beastie, and this time she used her inertia to slam into Beastie, taking him down.

“Ouch! You see that Trampled Under Hoof? Leave it to Mastodon to turn such a ramming attack into an art form!” JR shouted, “No wonder she’s such a force to be reckoned with!”

Mastodon heard the cheers from the entire crowd. She soaked in all in, and one could even claim it was showboating. She went up to one of the turnbuckles and stood up high and called for more of the audience’s affection, which they happily gave to her.

“Seems that Mastodon loves the crowd almost as much as they love her,” Kerry commented.

“This yak easily has the right to after the Slipknot match, as well as how she’s holding up against the might Beastie. She- wait a minute, what’s this?” JR was interrupted by the pegasus pony getting back on his hooves and starting to make a bee-line for Mastodon, “Look at that! He looks like he can’t, won’t, and don’t stop! Beastie wants to revenge!”

Beastie rushed right at Mastodon, slamming them into the turnbuckle. He then dragged out to the center of the mat. With a little maneuvering, the pony was able to lift Mastodon up and turn her upside-down. “Brace yourself,” he quietly warned.

“You gotta be kiddin’ me!”

“He’s gonna kick it; it’s his signature move, the Root Down!”

Everything seemed to slow down for a moment. Mastodon was upside-down, being held by her opponent, with her underside being shown to the entire crowd. She certainly felt embarrassed by this, but she knew it was all part of the show. The more extravagant, the better.

Up in the crowd, a changeling grew worried.

“Oh no, Yona….” Ocellus whimpered softly to herself.

“What was that?” Silverstream asked the changeling, trying not to pull too much attention away from the fight.

“Oh, I was just saying how much Yona would like this.”

Beastie finally dropped downward with Mastodon in hold. To aid with the appearance of the blow, to minimize impact, and to not have a botched attack, Mastodon tucked her head quickly to align with the mat to protect herself from serious injury. Nevertheless, it hurt her greatly.

“Beastie’s signature piledriver is always a killer!” Kerry said.

“Mastodon should watch out and start protectin’ her neck, cause it seems Beastie wants to snap it in half!” JR added.

The yak laid on the mat and looked up at the blinding lights above her. Beneath her mask, her head was pounding from all the punishment. Despite her body screaming at her to stop, she knew she wasn’t yet done with the planned match.

“Sweet Celestia, Mastodon is somehow still getting back on her hooves!”

“So what’cha want, Mastodon? No creature here will blame ya if you call it now!” Kerry called out.

Mastodon closed the gap, grabbed the pegasus and threw him toward the ropes. Beastie hit the ropes and leaned against them, rocketing him back towards the yak. However, with the newfound momentum, Beastie jumped up and dropkicked Mastodon towards the ropes, causing her to lean against them. Beastie quickly got to his hooves and rushed at his opponent and struck them with a clothesline, causing both of them to fall out of the ring.

“Look at that carnage!” JR shouted.

“I’m looking and I can’t believe it! Beastie has gone into his Sure Shot mode! He wants to end this match here and now!”

"When he starts up his Sure Shot, Beastie aims to end the match, and fast!"

Outside the ring, the yak pulled herself back up onto her hooves. The entire arena was on the edge of their seats, cheering and making more noise. Mastodon was panting and sore, but she still wasn’t done. Beastie was also hurt, but he wasn’t going to stop either. He started to rush at Mastodon again, however, he was stopped as he ran directly into a Mastodon’s elbow smash.

“Ah, sabotage!” Kerry added again.

Beastie, was still standing but dazed. This was the exact moment that Mastodon was hoping for. With whatever strength she had left, Mastodon placed her hoof at Beastie’s neck and guided him over towards a nearby announcers table. The two hippogryff announcers at the table quickly evacuated the area as the two neared. She lifted up the pegasus’ body with her one hoof and slammed him down upon the table, causing it to break in half.

The crowd lost it when Beastie broke through the table, as did the announcers.

“Sweet Celestia almighty! Did you see that chokeslam?! That right there is something that will stay with everycreature here tonight! What do we even call that move?”

“I’m callin’ it the Steambreather cause that’s all that’s gonna be comin’ out of Beastie’s mouth for a while after a blow that hard!” JR exclaimed, “The force that Mastodon just drove him into the Hippogreek announcer table is just astounding!”

Mastodon took a moment to look down at her work. While it was all planned, it still worried her about how much power she used to perform the move on her wrestling partner. However, Beastie opened his eyes and gave a slight smirk with a brief wink to her. This message was two-fold, as it meant that everything was okay on his end as well as telling Mastodon to finish the match.

“Mastodon warned Beastie, and now Beastie will watch Mastodon claim victory!” the yak loudly proclaimed to the downed opponent. Quickly, she got up to the ring platform and then to the top rope. While standing up, she quickly did the math in her head of how to execute the planned finisher.

Kerry knew exactly what she was planning, “Could it be? She’s going to wrap this up with her finisher!”

Mastodon leaped off the top rope as the entire arena held their collective breath. The yak tucked themselves in as they rolled into a somersault and then opened their body back up, slamming their whole weight onto Beastie and what remained of the Hippogreek announcer table.

“There it is! Blood And Thunder!” JR stood up at his table and shouted.

“Unbelievable!”

Appearing out of nowhere, the referee came in to call the pin on Beastie as his body laid between the remainder of the ruined table and the yak. With the match called for Mastodon, the crowd erupted, especially her friends.

The yak stood up and started to proudly boast, “Mastodon unstoppable! Mastodon will stand on top!”

“You see that? That was ridiculous!” Smolder asked to Sandbar next to her.

“That flip at the end was crazy!” Sandbar agreed, as he continued to cheer.

Gallus and Silverstream both cheered, each having a front limb around each other as if they were using each other as support during the match for the frightening moments.

Ocellus gave a sigh full of relief now that the match was over, but she was also extremely impressed. “Perhaps I was worried over nothing. It seems she knows what she’s doing.”