• Published 15th Dec 2011
  • 5,966 Views, 41 Comments

My little Evil tales - Yuna Honey



Collection of dark one shots, one for each of the mane six.

  • ...
0
 41
 5,966

Rarity

Disclaimer: All the characters belong to Hasbro.

My Little Evil Tales
II
Rarity: A matter of perfection.

-0-

Rarity stood at a very hidden and secluded spot at the farthest end of the Apple's family farm. None of the members of said farmer family came here often, which made the place both private and close to Ponyville enough to suit her tastes. That the road one would need to take to arrive here was slated with stone and free of dust was also a very nice positive for the young unicorn.

And so, while she waited for certain pony to arrive, the white unicorn set a beautiful white diamond on top of a rock and spent a few seconds admiring the jewel, marveling at the way it reflected light and how shiny it was.

This diamond was her secret treasure, and she was particularly fond of it. She had gotten it about two years ago right here on this spot. She had been looking for gems to use on her dresses when she detected something and, after following the trail set by her horn, she ended up right in the same place where she stood now, with the difference that back then, there was an extremely old unicorn leaning on the rock and breathing heavily.

Rarity had offered help, of course, but the old pony had refused and instead claimed he was so close to death that he could almost feel it. The ancient unicorn had also claimed to be very afraid of dying and that he didn't want to suffer such fate.

Surprising her, the old equine produced a magnificent diamond, which he claimed was magical. He informed her it could be used to grant eternal existence to others, if they were willing to go through the great sacrifice such reward would require. He then offered Rarity the jewel, and assured her that he would let her have it if she followed his instructions and saved him from death by making him eternal.

Not wanting to pass the chance to get such an excellent diamond, Rarity agreed; she was, of course, already planning on taking the old unicorn to Applejack’s house as soon he was finished with whatever instructions he had for her so they could get him a doctor.

Going along with the delusions of the old pony, she followed each of his instructions carefully and when they both finished the preparations, which consisted on her reading a rhyme the old pony repeated, the diamond started glowing and then something happened that changed Rarity’s life forever.

-0-

Rarity was still reminiscing the moment she had gotten her diamond when the sound of hooves against stone brought her back to the real world. He had arrived, just in time as he had promised. Turning, the white unicorn was all smiles for the young stallion that now stood in front of her. She had actually doubted he would come, as he had explained he wanted to leave Ponyville that very same day to pursue his wish to become a member of Duchess Morning Shade’s honor guard in Trottingham. He had also explained, though, that he had something very important to confess to her before leaving.

And Rarity, smart as she was, had a very good idea of what the red coated stallion wanted to tell her.

“Flame Runner,” She greeted, admiring his black mane as she approached him and started wondering a few things regarding him, mostly about the torch-shaped mark adorning his flank. “I’m glad to see you had time to spare on me; I know you are on your way to the Duchess’ castle. Is this humble pony from our small village that important to a future soldier like you?”

The stallion fidgeted nervously, a little intimidated by his heart’s desire’s proximity. “I... I’ll always have the time for you, Rarity,” he finally said. “And yes… you are very important to me.”

“Is that so?” she asked, looking at him with expectant eyes.

“Yes! In fact I… for the longest time…”

“Please, do continue,” Rarity urged once she noticed his hesitation. “I want to hear what you want to tell me.”

“I’ve… been in love with you,” his confession made, the stallion stared at Rarity with great intensity, hoping that she would return his feelings.

“But you are leaving Ponyville, how can you ever expect to have something with me if you aren’t here?” the white unicorn asked; her voice was low and filled with disappointment.

“That’s… that’s the point! I want you to come with me! You could open an even bigger store in Trottingham, it’s a big city and you would have many customers, I’m sure of it! I know it would be difficult at first with just me working but eventually we could do great things there!” Flame Runner said, speaking so fast the white unicorn had to actually make an effort to understand what her aspiring beau was proposing.

It wasn’t a bad offer, really. But Rarity was too grounded in reality to accept it. She wouldn’t agree to it even if she actually had feelings for Flame Runner. Her goal was conquering Canterlot’s fashion scene, not fading into obscurity in a secondary city like Trottingham.

“I… I am flattered that you have such faith in my abilities to open a successful business in such a big city,” she started. “But we both know that as long as we don’t have the money, it would just be a dream; if I could only have some warranty that you would support me in Trottingham while I get the store going…”

Rarity turned then and looked at her diamond, hoping that the stallion would be smart enough to look at it. She was gladly surprised to see that he had followed her gaze, just as he was supposed to. It seemed he was a good boy, after all.

“That is my most valuable jewel; I got it from a very special person…” the unicorn said using her most solemn voice.

“One of your parents?” the stallion asked.

Rarity neither denied or confirmed his statement, and instead motioned him to approach her. “That’s not important right now. Tell me this; are you willing to make me a promise? In return, I will promise to cherish you until another pony takes you from me.”

“No pony will ever take me from you!” Flame Runner argued. “I will be loyal to you forever, Rarity, I swear!”

“Thank you, but will you make any promise I request?” she insisted. “Your future with me depends on it.”

“Just ask for it, I’ll do anything for you,” he swore, standing tall and proud of his own determination.

“Excellent,” Rarity smiled. “Then, my dear, please repeat after me, ready?”

“Yes, ready.”

I swear, by the sun of the day and the moon of the night…” Rarity started.

I swear, by the sun of the day and the moon of the night…” the stallion repeated.

To be as pure and brilliant as the jewel of my heart…” the white unicorn continued.

To be as pure and brilliant as the jewel of my heart…” Flame Runner imitated.

So that my true feelings can shine and bring to this world eternal delight,” Rarity finished.

So that my true feelings can shine and bring to this world eternal delight,” the red stallion likewise completed the rhyme.

“Thank you, Flame Runner,” she said as she closed her eyes. “I honestly appreciate your cooperation.”

“You’re welcome, but what…?”

Rarity’s diamond started shining then, shooting a brilliant white light that soon engulfed the crimson stallion. When the flash of light passed and the white unicorn opened her eyes again, Flame Runner was gone and in his place, shining on the ground just where he had stood, a beautiful ruby in the shape of a pentagon could be seen.

“A most magnificent Jewel of the heart!” Rarity appraised, gently picking up the ruby to better examine it. “His feelings must have been very pure if he transformed into such a pretty stone, and since everypony thinks he’s on his way to Trottingham, no questions about him will be asked in a long time, a great trade, indeed!”

Using her magic, the unicorn packed her diamond, along with her new ruby, inside the bag of a saddle she had kept hidden. Once she finished fastening the saddle on her, she happily cantered back to Ponyville and her store.

Her newest acquisition would look great in the snow-white dress she was making for a Countess of Canterlot. She hardly ever got work for the nobles of Princess Celestia’s city, and wanted to make a good impression. Adorning the magnificent dress she had been sewing with this blood-red jewel would certainly help the dress rise from a great piece of clothing to an example of fashion perfection that would no doubt flatter the Countess endlessly, something that in the end would be great for her reputation as a designer.

Rarity couldn’t help but smile, because even while she could find gems on her own, it was only by using the power of her diamond that she could really obtain the absolutely perfect jewels like the ruby she now carried. The white unicorn couldn’t hold back a giggle. Who would have thought a magical diamond could be the key to bring her designs to the final level of... perfection?

-END-

Next: Applejack.