• Published 16th Mar 2020
  • 621 Views, 15 Comments

The Oddyssey of Sunlight Blaze, rise of a hero, Volume 1: Meet Sunlight Blaze - Justafanfictioner



A hope the term "third's the charm" is exact. A whole new character and a new adventure. Sunlight Blaze and his dream to be a hero

  • ...
5
 15
 621

Chapter 5: Sunlight visit the kingdom of the Hippogryffs

Sunlight was already awake, ready for another day of fun. He took a bunch of cupcakes and ran out of the castle, followed by Cinder (his phoenix) and joined the Young 6 near the school.

“Hi guys, he said. I am happy to see you!!”

The 6 students greeted him too and together, they entered in the school to begin the classes. But then, Starlight called Sunlight at her office.

“I’ll see you later, pals!! Said the unicorn

“Yeah, see ya!!” said Smolder.

Sunlight walked in direction of Starlight’s office and entered.

“So, take a seat, Sunlight, she said. What i have to say to you is very important.”

“Is this about something wrong i’ve done?” he asked.

“What? No!!! She answered. I wanted to tell you that i finally completed your field trip schedule!”

“Cool, he said. So, which place will i visit next?”

“The Mount Aeris, she answered. Home of the hippogryffs!! And after that, Seaquestria, Home of the Seaponies!!”

“Sure that sound fun, said the stallion. But what about the underwater part of the visit?! Water, cold water, is one of my weaknesses; If i stay too long, i’ll die!!!”

“No worry about this, she said. Twilight told me that the seaponies use shards of their magic pearl to transform at will from Seaponies to hippogryffs. In your case, the magic of the pearl may neutralize your fire absorbtion ability, meaning you would be able to stay underwater without danger.

“I hope you’re right, he said. So, that mean i will have to let my pet aside when i will visit Seaquestria.”

“Yes, said Starlight. I doubt phoenixes love water...Now, just prepare yourself to go to a trip to Mount Aeris and i will tell to Silverstream she will come with you!”

Sunlight walked out of the office and went to the castle to take his bag and the necklace queen Zenith gave to him. Then he returned to the school, joined by Silverstream.

“Starlight told me i’ll go with you to Mount Aeris!! She said. This is so great!! You’ll see, you will love my kind!!!”

“I am sure i will, answered Sunlight. So, how long it take to get to your homeland?”

“Well, that depend of the mean you use, she answered. With an hot air balloon, i would say a few days to a week, With teleportation, less than 1 second, in train or boat, less than half a day hours. Finally, i can make the distance in less than 4 hours from Ponyville to Mount Aeris, but the common of the pegasi can make the way in 8 hours!!”

“You won’t have to worry, said Discord, who was listening. I can bring you here instantly, my magic is far more powerful than Starlight!! Let me help you get there!”

Discord snapped his fingers and the two students (and the phoenix) appeared at the enter of the hippogryff kingdom. The two guards posted each side of the gate noticed them and immediately screamed to prevent Silverstream’s dad of her arrival. The concerned hippogryff arrived soon after and smiled at the sight of her daughter Silverstream and her guest.

“Well, nice to see you, my daughter, he said. Nice to meet you too, friend of Silverstream!”

“His name is Sunlight Blaze, dad, said Silverstream. Don’t you remember what Headmare Starlight Glimmer said?”

“I am sorry!! You know i don’t have such a good memory to retain the names, he answered. Well, welcome to our humble village, Sunlight Blaze!! And for your pet, just know that every creatures with wings or bird like are also welcome!! Phoenixes are such a noble and majestic species of bird!!”

Cinder seem to like the compliment. She get out of Sunlight’s bag and fly away with the intention of exploring the town.

“Now, follow me, horned pony, said the chief. Me and Silverstream will show you the beauty of our kingdom!!”

The trio began their visit to the local market of the town. A lot of seafood, vegetables, bread, meat and artisanal products were in the lot. Sunlight was invited to taste samples of their products

“Like you can see, Us, hyppogriffs, Love seafood, vegetable and most of all, bread. But being half pony, we came to love your sweet treats such as pastries, cakes, fruits, candy and almost everything your race eat! Now, let’s continue the visit to the refreshment tent! You have to taste our salmon juice!!”

Sunlight tasted the salmon juice to see if he liked it. He didn’t, but force himself to not make a disgusted face. Then Silverstream’s dad began to tell him what kind activities they were doing.

“Like you can certainly deduce, Sunlight, he said, hippogryffs are half eagle, half-pony and fly is for us a necessity. This is why we organize each weekend flight competition to see who is the best in aerial skills. We also love to picnic with our mermaid counterparts twice a week and luckily for you, today is one of them! For the major part of our routine, we simply fly in the sky, talk to each other, make competitions of who scream the louder, play with our kids...”

“Your life seem to be so peaceful! Said Sunlight. Don’t you feel bored at times?”

“Never, said the father of his friend. Each day is a fun day for us! We find happiness in everything we do”

After the brunch, the little group continued to visit the town, Sunlight saw a lot of things that made him amazed. But the Harmonizing Heights was the place he really appreciated to see. At the end of the visit, Sunlight began to feel hungry and his belly gurgled.

“Seem like one of us is hungry!! Said the chief. That’s good!! Because now it’s time for our traditional picnic!”

Ten minutes later, Sunlight was eating at a picnic towel at the beach among a lot of hippogryffs and seaponies. Silverstream made him taste seafood, who pleased the young hero.

“Hum, seafood is so tasty!! He said. I didn’t thought something coming from the water could be so delicious!!”

Silverstream’s brother, Terramar, came to join her and Sunlight.

“Hi, sis!! He said. What are you doing here instead of being to school?”

“I am here because our school’s Headmare insisted on me assisting Sunlight during his visit here!!”

“Ho, nice to meet you, Sunlight, he said. My name is Terramar.”

Sunlight shook his right hoof with the left claw of Terramar. Then another majestic hippogryff joined them.

“Hi mom!!! Said Silverstream when she saw her. Sunlight, i present you our mom: Ocean Flow!! Mom, i present you one of my friend at the school of friendship, Sunlight Blaze!”

“Nice to meet you, Sunlight, said Ocean Flow. My daughter talked a lot about you and your magic. She said you had some kind of bound with the fire. For us, seaponies, fire is something we don’t see often underwater. What is fire, by the way?”

“Simple, answered Sunlight. I will show you.”

He focused some of his energy in his horn, making a ball of flames that he made explode over the bay, creating a firework. Then he shot a fire blast at a tree near the water, reducing it to ashes and finally, threw a small fire ball in the water, which disappeared in a cloud of steam. Many of the hippogryffs and every seaponies were amazed by the demonstration. Sunlight stopped here to avoid wasting more of his energy, judging he showed enough. His phoenix immediately flied in his direction and landed on his back.

“Fire and water are two opposites, said the unicorn. This is why i don’t like water, well, cold water, at least. I am totally fine with warm and hot water. Do you have some hot spots in your city? I mean, warm spots of water, not your hot spots...he he he...”

Ocean Flow laugh.

“You don’t have to worry about that, silly!! She said. You’ll see after we transform you into a seapony, like us!”

After the picnic on the beach was over, Ocean Flow brought Sunlight close to the water but before, this one told to Cinder to wait for his return and also gave his necklace and his clothes. Then the mother pushed him in the water, making Sunlight panicking.

“Too cold!! Somegryff help me!! He yelled. I don’t know how to swim!!!”

Then Ocean Flow used her shard of the magic pearl in her necklace to turn Sunlight into a Seapony. She brought him underwater by force because he was still freaking out and was screaming like a girl. He opened his eyes and saw that his back legs and pony tail disappeared to make place to a fish tail and fins, his mane was still present, but was replaced by a fish wavelike crest. His cutie mark was on his tail’s fins, which was shaped in the form of flames. He was about to scream once again, but Silverstream, who joined her, put her hand on his mouth.

“Relax, Sunlight, she said. How do you feel right now? Good?”

“I don’t feel any pain or loose of heat, he answered. In fact, i think Starlight was right about her theory. I feel like my body accepted this sudden change of environment thank to the magic of your pearl. My Cutie mark didn’t changed but i don’t feel sick. Now that i am underwater, i may try to work on my magic control of the water element. This is one of my objectives to master every element of the Elemental Arcanes: Fire, Earth, Water, Air, Thunder, Nature, Ice and Light. Until now, i only have mastered fire...But less talking, i have a city to explore!!”

He began to swim like if he was born in the ocean. He then went at the surface and used his magic to make a ball of water float above him high in the sky. Then, he transformed it into a spiked ball and made it explode. Ocean Flow applauded him.

“Imagine the same thing, but times one hundred, he said. This is the level of mastery of the water element i want to reach”

“Hum, you have a long way before reaching that level, said Ocean Flow. But i know you’ll progress fast”

“I know, he said. Well, shall we continue the visit?”

“Terramar will not be with us, said Silverstream, he wanted to pass the afternoon with his father. And yes, follow us!!”

The trio swam in direction of their submarine city. Sunlight was once again amazed by the magnificence of their town.

“This is so beautiful, he said. So colorful, so charming!!!”

“Glad you enjoy the view, said Ocean Flow. But this is only the outside, wait to see what the inside look like!!”

They entered in the kingdom, where they were greeted by the local seaponies with attention and kindness.

“Let’s show you what we do of our days underwater, when we are not swimming, of course! She said.

“Can i told him what we do of our days? Said a seapony coming from nowhere. I love explaining to visitors from the surface our habits!!”

“Before you ask, Sunlight, said Silverstream, The seapony in front of you is the princess Skystar, daughter of our leader, Queen Novo.”

Sunlight made a reverence to the princess, that one laughed.

“This is not necessary!! She said, embarrassed. But really not! I would prefer if you threated me as a friend!”

“Fine, he said. So, pr...uh Skystar, can you told me what you do of your days?”

“We love racing each other, she said. We organize swimming competitions each week!! Personally, i prefer arts craft, like making art pieces with seashells and talking to fishes. But the other prefer to talk with each other, play with balloon-fishes, sing, dance, jump out of the water like the dolphins. And so, so much more!! But now, i will present you to my mother. I prevent you, she can be a little bit grumpy, that depend of the day and her mood.”

The group swam until they reached the royal room of the underwater palace. Unfortunately, one of queen Novo’s servant told them she was actually in a massage session.

“Too bad, said the princess. But hey, she is not the only main attraction of our kingdom! Follow me!!”

Sunlight, Silverstream and Ocean Flow followed her to a visit of every place in a area of 2 kilometers. Sunlight saw during the next hours the exploration lasted many species of fishes, in all sort of shapes and colors He swam between little submarine volcanoes, until his curiosity was triggered by this source of hot water in the deeps of the oceans.

“Wow, i didn’t expected to see volcanoes in a place like that, said Sunlight. This is amazing!!”

“This is because heat is something a lot of submarines species depend on to survive, said Silverstream. Oceans are not just cold, some places are tempered and others, warms.”

“That make sense, said Sunlight. In my pony form, when i need to clean myself, i use water, hot water. That also mean even if my body is bounded with the fire, i still need water to keep me alive. This is why i wanted to travel around Equestria in the first place: To learn more about magic or myself...And also make new friends, of course!”

The sun finally began to set down, meaning that the visit was about to end for Sunlight. The group returned at the surface and Sunlight was changed back into a pony.

“Thank you for this wonderful day, he said to all the hippogryffs and seaponies. I appreciated your hospitality and i hope come back here again!”

The princess Skystar throw at Sunlight a shard of the seaponies’ magic pearl.

“This is a gift from my mother!! She said. Like that, if you find yourself in a place full of water, that could be useful!!”

Sunlight called his phoenix and activated the artifact queen Zenith gave to him. Two beautiful magic phoenix wings, which the colors were matching his mane, appeared on his back. Unfortunately for him, because he never experienced flight before, he crashed many times, making the hippogryffs laugh. Starlight finally arrived in time to avoid him breaking more of his bones. After talking a few minutes with the others, she brought back Sunlight and Silverstream to Ponyville by teleportation.

“I was so worried Discord would have play to you a bad trick, she said. Like sending you in the middle of the Everfree Forest. Or in the middle of a desert...Next time, i want you to wait me, okay? And you, Sunlight, i want you to told me what you learned today once we will be back in the castle”

Silverstream went joining her friends and Sunlight ran in direction of the castle of friendship, followed by Starlight, in the sunset’s light.