• Published 29th Sep 2019
  • 551 Views, 6 Comments

In Twilight - Kentavritsa



A tiny Twilight wakes up, in what appears to be a doll-house. With that said, things does feel a bit out of place, but she soon finds her bearings. With the past blurry, she takes on what her life had been turned into eagerly.

  • ...
3
 6
 551

Stepping out, to Explore: 2

.

The squeaks from my boots are adorable, but I guess I am ready to go out and see what my garden is like!” I ponder.

I once more light up my horn, as I turn my back on the wardrobe and move towards the main door towards the outside. If there is indeed such a thing, as an outside where I am now?

The handle is turning quietly, without a hitch. Just as the door-handle, the door swings up and reveals the hardwood floor comfortable to step out on. There is a three foot tall fence around the porch, with an opening towards the three steps flight of stairs down to the patch out towards the street outside. No wood, and no gravel; but laid with genuine, black, hard stone-bricks, quietly and comfortably bridging the gap between the porch and the road.

“I see a lacquered mailbox of stainless steel!” I mumble, as I look forwards towards the fence around my garden.

“Clip, clop! Clip, clop!” I hear, as I step out onto the wood outside.

Whoever built the house for me, likes the wood-finish. I have to admit, I agree; it is a fine, natural material from which to craft a porch. Strangely enough, there is no rubber-tinted squeaking noises from my hooves. Is it the wood, or the boots I have to thank for this dubious joy and honour? Not sure if I care which.

The sound changes yet again, as I step out onto the stones of the path out towards the street. Still, the grip remains unchanged and unchallenged.

I take a few more steps out onto the path, before I stop. Looking right and left, scanning my surroundings. First now, I do notice the large roses on the right and left of the porch, my porch. Lovely red roses, and the scent is just right.

After a moment’s hesitation, I step out on the lawn; trotting over the luscious, green grass, and it feels great under my hooves. Just a slow trot, but I am moving over the grass. I move carefully, in order not to harm the beautiful grass; just as I move slowly, in order to preserve the feeling, so that I can enjoy myself for as long as possible. I do not wish to hasten my steps, fearing I ruin the moment.

If these rubber boots does not diminish my sensitivity, I am not about to ruin it by rushing it.

The roses are beautiful!” I ponder; “Guess that is an improvement, compared to my old home; Rarity would have loved them, had she had the chance to see them!” I continue.

Of course, this makes me feel a bit lonely. I have no friends here, and not even Spike. Maybe I could manage my new home, such as it is; yet, I am still missing the presence of all my friends and the village I lost in the process.

Maybe, just maybe I find a new friend, soon?” I ponder.

There is nothing, the likes of my old castle or the oak library here. Whoever built my home, is incapable of constructing anything the likes of my old home.

Is this how the people live here, or did they concoct this architecture for my benefit?” I ponder.

There is no way of telling, for me; if the house is representative of how people live, or if it is a fantasy creation of fancy? Just because I would never have built the house in this manner, does not mean the people here would not.

The fact that it is a doll-house escapes me, even if this fact alone may be completely irrelevant to the case.

Is it the fact that the building is so comfortable, which prevents me from seeing where I am; or is it all these little details, that are off in their own and very individual manners that are tipping me off?

Either way; I enjoy trotting over the grass surrounding, what is to pass for my new home. It is not just the special green, but how it feels to set hoof on the fresh grass.

As I continue to move around the yard, I can see the dark, gray rock. A brick building. Just as I saw my windows inside, in the rooms of my home; now I see the very same windows, from the outside. White painted wood, holding the glass in place.

Behind the building, I find light gray stone bricks. Like the floor for a room, but outside and with no walls around. Peonies lining the border.

A path leads from the house, leading to a small, private orchard on the back of my yard. I can clearly recognize the apple-trees, even if the apples are not even in bloom.

I continue forwards. Adjacent to the building, I have a garage. On the roof, is a large balcony.

“Let’s have some fun!” I mumble, under my breath; as I light up my horn.

As expected, I feel the same rush of magical power. I see the purple, light orb, at the very tip of my horn, sensing it expand and grow in intensity. Everything is working, just as it should be. Just as the light reaches my forehead, I focus on the spell and teleport into the garage.

It is close enough, for me to actually feel my way directly into the empty space. Mostly empty, anyway. It is air in there, breathable air. Just did not expect much else.

Thankfully, there is no large or heavy object obstructing my action. I soon find myself on the floor, as I rematerialize in the middle of the room.

“Did I get here, ahead of time?” I exclaim, as I see what is in the garage I had just entered.

“Aw, but I was hoping for some Daisies!” I sigh.

All the potted plants are clearly made out of plastic. I could not eat these, and I most certainly could not grow them. Maybe I could decorate the windows in my house, but that is about that.

“Oh, well; either I was what I have to work with, or this explains what this place is actually like!” I mumble.

Since there is nothing more to see, I turn towards the door and trot forwards. I manage to open the door before me, affording one last glance at the disappointing potted plants I had snuck up upon. Just as the door is opened, I see a faint glow around the plastic plants, as they turn into the living plants they had been intended to be.

Just as I thought, there is magic here!” I realize; “This is how it works here and why I have found everything in perfect order, as I step into the next new room!” I continue.

“Every room in my house was looking, as if it had been made for me, by someone who does not know what a Pony needs!” I mumble.

Do I dare teleporting back into my kitchen, since I have already been there before?” I ponder.

I grab a few of the potted daisies and make an attempt, teleporting right back into the kitchen. The room is exactly as I remember it, from the last time I was there. The equipment and light still working as if I had just left, and all the food is still very much edible.

“Since the daisies are potted, I could take a few blossoms or leaves for my salad!” I mumble, quietly to myself.

All things considered; I nip a few of them, just to see how good they are. I chew for a moment, swallowing the delicious vegetables in delight.

“This will certainly look good, both on the plate and in the windows of my home!” I point out.

There is no response; because there is none, to respond. None, no one, and certainly no-pony other than me. It is a bit lonely and quiet, for me.

At least, I have an entire home to explore, even if I have seen some of the rooms and most of the garden.

With the boots on, I am deprived of the squeaking noise my hooves makes as I am moving around. Maybe I should return to the cloak-room and take them of, for the pleasure of the now familiar sensations. Guess you could say; that the noises and sensations, had managed to grow on me.

As it turns out, I make due with trotting out and pulling them of. While I may be able to, I am not pride-full enough to make the point of using fancy magic in the public eye, for no good reason. Why boast of my talents, when I have more than enough reason to show what I am good for already?

I place the boots, where I had found them. Side by side with the other boots I am currently not using. Maybe I should try them on, just to see if they are the same, just with a different colour. Or, if the colour means something substantial and real?

Had I asked Rarity, she would have explained how the colour alone would make these boots different all by themselves. Sadly, Rarity is not here with me right now. I am sad, she is not here now.

While teleportation is not banned, and quite possible; I choose not to, in order not to get ahead of myself. I will take the time to enter the room, properly and open the door before I trot in. Simple, yet very effective. At least, for now. I don’t feel like experiencing more plastic plants, or facsimile items again. Ever.

With the boots of, the now familiar squeaks are back. I guess I have grown to like them by my side. Is it just that I have no companion, by my side; or, is it something more? I do miss all my friends, and my trusty assistant.

These squeaks are all I have. While the daisies are alive, they suck at conversation and does not comfort me in the least.

Should I go down to the basement, or should I see where the stairs up would take me?” I ponder.

Up, or down? It is a question I can ponder. Just that I can not stay here all day. I have a house, a home to explore. That does not even count the garden outside and the road to Celestia knows where.

Assuming Celestia actually does know, that is. Based on recent experiences, maybe neither she nor any-pony else I ever knew even does exist? Now, that got too deep and dark. I shed a tear and hastily shy away from that line of thought. I can not bear the weight of losing everything I ever cared for, and every-pony I ever loved. All my friends gone would be devastating.

Since I am on the ground-floor, I opt for going down. If it is closer, or the consideration? Either way, I do head for the stairs leading me to the basement.

What is down there? I have no idea, but I do want to know. I am curious.

The uncertainty is unbearable to me. I will not stand for it. With that said, I slowly trot towards the door and lights up my horn. The handle quietly surrenders to the force of my magic and the door swings open.

If not for the light emanating from my glowing horn, the flight of stairs could have been a gaping maw. Dark, black and omnisciently foreboding. Yet now, I see the walls on the right and left, the ceiling above and the coated wooden stairs below. I even see the switch, which instantly cast a bright light from a lamp overhead.

--- --- ---

Author's Note:

New chapter awaiting publication: