• Published 15th Aug 2012
  • 1,115 Views, 6 Comments

Controlling Twilight - -Mazer



Twilight discovers that there has been someone controlling her life since the beginning

  • ...
3
 6
 1,115

The After Party

The PuppetMaster looked upon the town of Ponyville. As of this very moment, the ponies of Ponyville were fast asleep, resting comfortably in their beds as the night’s moon beamed from up high. It was a peaceful evening, one of quiet beauty. The stars sparkling in the sky, the nocturnal insects singing their soft songs; it was all going according to plan.

“T-Minus four minutes until sunrise,” the PuppetMaster commented. “Is Celestia standing by?”

“She is, Sir.” A unicorn commented. His name was Control and he was the PuppetMaster’s second in command. He was slightly taller than the PuppetMaster with a black coat and white mane that had been cut into a flat-top. He wore wire-framed glasses over his silver eyes and kept a clipboard attached to his saddle.

“Double-check the alarms. I want to make sure that not a single pony is off their mark today.” The PupperMaster shot a menacing glance towards her assistant. “I don’t want another repeat of last week.”

Control shrunk away from his master’s gaze. “I understand, Sir.”

“I hope you do.” The PupperMaster checked the clock. “Two minutes until sunrise. Patch me through to the Princess.”

Control’s horn gave off a faint yellow glow and the visage of Princess Celestia appeared in mid-air. Upon seeing the PuppetMaster’s face, Celestia bent down upon her front legs in a bow. “Sir, I am honored that you would humble me with your presence.”

“Rise Celestia,” the PupperMaster said. Celestial did as she was told but dared not to gaze into the PupperMaster’s eyes. “Have you gone over your instructions?”

“I have, sir. I am to drop off the parasprite in front of Fluttershy’s home. It is there where the parasprite shall multiply. Within a matter of hours all of Ponyville will be infested with the insects.”

“And you are to do nothing to assist them. Do you understand me?”

“I do, sir.”

“Let Twilight and her friends deal with the plague. Let us see if she is willing to pay attention to the one pony who knows how to deal with the insects.”

“I am sure that she will.” Celestia commented.

“As do I,” the PuppetMaster agreed. “Though the question remains; how long will it take before Twilight does?” The PuppetMaster glanced to the clock one final time. “Celestia, it is time.”

Celestia bowed her head before Control cut the transmission. “Parasprites?” Control dared to ask. “Don’t you think that this could be a tad bit dangerous?”

“I have faith in Twilight’s abilities.” The PupperMaster replied while smiling. “Otherwise I wouldn’t have chosen her.” The PuppetMaster raised its hoof and lowered it. “Queue the sun.”

And so the sun rose…

One Year Later

“This was a great wedding,” Twilight Sparkle commented to her friends.

“Best Wedding Ever!” Rainbow Dash squealed. “Did you see that Sonic Rainboom? It had to be the best Sonic Rainboom ever!” She flexed her muscles while hovering a few feet off the ground. “I bet the Wonderbolts got a chance to see it. I bet that once the party dies down, they’ll totally be begging me to join them. Just you wait and see!”

“Hey girls!” Pinkie Pie chirped. “Did you check out the buffet? They have literally ten different desserts there. Well they had more but I couldn’t help myself and finished a couple of them off. I really tried to hold back but they were so good! Oh my Celestia, I think that last cake I ate had cream filling. It was amazing!”

“We know,” AppleJack said. “We all saw ya chowin’ down upon it. Every pony should consider themselves lucky to have all their hooves intact. You are like a hungry parasprite during harvest time.”

“Ew!” Pinkie Pie crinkled her nose. “I am no parasprite! Those things are gross!”

“I do agree,” Rarity chimed in. “Who would ever think that something so cute could be so disgusting?”

“Have you ever seen Spike after he plays in the mud?” Twilight giggled.

“Point taken,” Rarity laughed. “Where is Spike anyway?”

“Last I saw him, he was dancing with Sweetie Bell.”

Rarity’s eyes widened. “That little…” She huffed. “I shall show him how a real lady dances.” She nodded towards her friends. “If you’d excuse me,” she said while stepping between them and back towards the dance floor. Twilight rolled her eyes but giggled anyways.

“Vinyl is sure cutting some sick tunes,” Rainbow Dash pointed out.

“I agree!” Twilight said. “I just have one quick question.” She looked to Pinkie. “Where were you hiding her all this time?”

“In my pocket.” Pinkie said while staring at some balloons.

“What?” Twilight asked.

“I always keep spare Vinyl’s around in case of a party emergency. You cannot have a party without music.”

Twilight smacked her hoof against her forehead. “Not Vinyl the record – though I still want to know how you are able to keep records in your pocket – I am talking about Vinyl Scratch! You know, the DJ?”

“Oh!” Pinkie responded. She was still staring at the balloons as she answered. “I told her before we left Ponyville that the Princess was hosting a wedding and that she should come up and join us. She had never played for a wedding before so she was more than happy to agree.”

“Well that was nice of her,” Twilight said with a smile. Her smile wavered after a moment. “Hey girls, can I ask you a question?”

“What’s up honey cup?” AppleJack asked.

“This has been bothering me for a while now but I was wondering; where was Princess Luna during the fight with the changelings? I mean, I know she usually sleeps during the day but I cannot bother thinking that she had…”

“Hey,” AppleJack interrupted. “Has any pony seen FlutterShy?”

“Not since the dance,” Pinkie Pie replied.

“Yeah, where is she?” Rainbow Dash added while looking over her shoulder.

“Girls,” Twilight replied with a frown. “Didn’t you hear what I said?”

“Hun,” AppleJack commented, “I think the Princess was just very tired and slept through the whole thing. I mean, she probably has those fancy earmuffs things that Rarity has to keep the sound from botherin’ her.”

“But still,” Twilight said while staring at the ground.

“Why do you care anyways?” Rainbow Dash asked. “It’s not like she would have been much help.”

“Rainbow!” Twilight gasped.

“Well it’s true! If Celestia couldn’t stop the Queen, what makes you think Luna could? I mean, heck, we defeated Discord and yet we helpless against the changelings. If it wasn’t for Cadence, we would all be changeling food!”

“I guess you have a point,” Twilight mumbled. “But still…”

“Look,” Pinkie Pie jumped in front of Twilight and put her face up against Twilight’s. “Why are we talking about those icky changelings when we could be dancing? C’mon every pony, the party is still going and a party without the Pink is a party that Stinks!”

Twilight smiled despite herself. “Fine. Let’s go, girls!”

“Yeee haw!” AppleJack cheered as the three ponies returned to the festivities.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I cannot believe no one showed up to my bachelor party,” Spike said for the fifth time that night. He and Twilight had just returned to their library home from the party and Spike was still pouting about his failed party attempt. “I mean, I had all sorts of things planned out!”

“Spike,” Twilight commented while yawning. “The whole point of a bachelor party is to take the groom out before he gets married. Besides, you didn’t seem too disappointed out there on the dance floor.” She gave him a funny, teasing look. “What were you doing with Sweetie Bell anyway?”

“Nothing.” Spike suddenly found his claws very fascinating. “We were just dancing.”

“You know she’s only a filly, right?”

Spike shot Twilight a look. “I know that! Twilight that’s gross! I wouldn’t be interesting in Sweetie Bell like that.”

“Though,” Twilight continued to tease her friend. “You two are only three years apart so I can understand the attraction.”

“No thanks, Missy.”

“Missy?”

“My heart belongs to Rarity and Rarity alone.” Spike snorted. “You know that.”

“Whatever you say Romeo.” Twilight giggled. She pulled her dress off over her head and used her magic to set it neatly on her table. She’d normally hang it up but she was just too tired, plus her hooves were aching something fierce. “Despite the changelings, I have to say that tonight was one of the best nights ever.” She smiled. “So much more entertaining than the Grand Galloping Gala. What a disaster that was.”

“Well if you’d listen to me in the first place,” Spike said while pulling his bed towards the center of the room.

“Yes, yes,” Twilight groaned while rolling her eyes. “I know. If we listened to you, we would have had a fantastic night.”

“I’ve never been wrong before.”

Twilight shot him a dangerous look. “Do you really want us to get into the whole peanut butter and ruby sandwich debate again?”

“Nevermind,” Spike grumbled. He curled up within his basket and yawned. “Well, I don’t know about you, Twilight, but I am exhausted.”

“Same here,” Twilight yawned. “I am going to take a quick bath then hit the hay. Night Spike.”

“Night Twilight.” Spike yanked his blanket over his head.

Twilight began to get her bath ready. Using her magic, she heated up some water and poured it into a ceramic tub. She added some oils that Rarity had given her in order to assist in relaxation, then prepared to get in. Just as she put her hoof into the water, there came a knock at her front door.

“Who in heaven’s name would be visiting this late?” Twilight whined. She shook the water off her hoof and went to the door. “I swear, if this is Pinkie Pie looking for an after-party-party, I will send her to the moon.” She giggled despite how tired she was. She opened the door. “What is it?” she said.

“Twilight!” a familiar voice spoke up.

Twilight felt her mouth drop in astonishment. Standing in her doorway was none other than Princess Cadence. She was still in her wedding gown though her makeup was smeared from what Twilight could only guess was due to tears. “Cadence!” Twilight gasped. “What are you doing here? Where is my brother? What happened.”

Cadence looked over her shoulder, an expression of worry and fear etched upon her face. “I don’t have must time but you must listen to me.”

“What’s going on?”

Cadence took a step towards Twilight and stared into her eyes. “They are lying to you,” she whispered. “They have been lying to you ever since you were a filly. This is not real. None of this is real.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Twilight!” Cadence yelped. “You need to understand that you cannot trust…” she squeaked as a burst of bright green flame erupted up from between her and Twilight. Twilight turned around to see Spike staring at Cadence with a cold expression upon his face.

“Spike?” Twilight gasped. “What are you doing?”

“Twilight,” Cadence tried to reach for the younger pony but another burst of fire from Spike’s mouth kept her at bay.

“Spike! What is wrong with you?”

“Cadence!” A voice called out. Cadence nearly jumped out of her skin as Shining Armor ran up behind her. “What is wrong with you?”

“Shining Armor!” Twilight gasped.

“Twily,” Shining Armor frowned. “Oh sis, I am so sorry for this.” He nudged Cadence close while leading her away from Twilight’s front door. “Things haven’t been easy on us since the end of the wedding.” He frowned towards Cadence. “The Queen’s attack really took a toll on her and since leaving, she has been swearing up and down that the changelings are still around.”

“That is not what I am saying at all!” Cadence whined. Shining Armor looked upon her with an expression of pity mixed with love.

“I need to get her back to the castle. I am sure Celestia will be able to help relax my wife.” He sighed. “This is not the honeymoon I was expecting but I am willing to sacrifice anything for her.” He nudged her further away from Twilight’s house. “C’mon Cadence. We need to get going.”

“Are you sure she is going to be okay?” Twilight whimpered.

“Twilight…” Cadence whined.

“She will be, I promise.” Shining Armor nosed Cadence closer to their carriage.

“Twilight!” Cadence suddenly shouted. “You cannot trust them! He is not your brother!”

Shining Armor used his magic to lift Cadence off the ground to help her into the carriage. Twilight charged towards them with an angry look blazing within her eyes.

“Wait!” she snapped. She approached her brother, her eyes narrowed in suspicion. “How do I know that you are really my brother?”

He frowned down at her. “Twily…”

“Don’t you Twily me. The Queen was able to fool you by copying Cadence. If she can do that, I am sure she can try fooling me by mimicking Shining Armor.”

He sighed. “Your favorite toy as a filly was Smarty Pants. You wanted three goldfish as pets but mom said they were too much responsibility so you made a ten page presentation complete with graphs and charts to show that you can take care of them. Mom was so impressed that she bought you six fish. They died four weeks later when you forgot to change the water.”

Twilight stared into his eyes for several seconds before relaxing her shoulders. “Please get to the castle as quickly as possible.” She gazed over to Cadence. “She means so much to me. It pains me to see her like this.”

“I will.” He kissed his sister on the cheek. “I will write to you as soon as possible to let you know what happens. I am so sorry about this.”

“It’s been a trying day for all of us.” Twilight answered. She watched as her brother got into the carriage. Before he even had a chance to close the carriage door, it drove off in the direction of the castle. Cadence shouted something but the sound of the carriage wheels drowned it out.

“As for you, mister,” she growled while turning towards her house. “How dare you spit fire at…” she gasped. Spike was lying on his back seemingly passed out, his mouth open, his limbs limp.

“Spike!”