• Published 16th Sep 2019
  • 1,188 Views, 25 Comments

Crimson Chaos - Phobetor_Necros



What will Equestria do when something so violent moves in right next door?

  • ...
3
 25
 1,188

Arrival

A portal opens in front of a ruined castle in a forest. A creature that walks on two legs steps out of it as it closes behind him. "This should be fun," he says, "Wonder if that Shadow Pony story is true?" He confidently strides into the castle, disappearing into its depths.

On the eve of the Festival of the Two Sisters, which used to be the Summer Sun Celebration, Twilight makes her rounds in the world of dreams. After several years of ruling, she's gotten used to quelling the fears of her subjects and even those of other creatures within her borders, managing to get a routine going that doesn't leave her exhausted in the morning. However, tonight was different. As she was winding down and getting ready to wake up, a white orb appears in front of her, flashing red. Confused, as this orb seemed different from every other dream orb that float about this world, she reaches out to touch it and enter whatever dream it may be.

After a flash of light, she opens her eyes to see that she's in front of the ruins of the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters. Everything looks normal, except for the fact that the sun, which sits at high noon at the moment, starts moving on its own, quickly changing from day to night. Under the moonlight, Twilight watches as the castle changes from its ruined state back into its original state. At first, she watches it in awe & then horror strikes her as she realizes that even though it was brought back to its former glory, it's also been drenched in blood. She surveys the area, looking for any other disturbing signs, but finds none.

Another flash of light and Twilight finds herself in the throne room of the castle. The room seems split between the ruins and the bloody reconstruction. On her left, with the lunar throne, the castle is complete, but fresh blood drips and runs from the ceiling and walls and pools onto the floor, covering it completely and soaking her left hooves. Sitting upon the lunar throne is a humanoid silhouette, pure white with a blue aura gently surrounding it and glowing, blue eyes. At its side leans a large, two-handed broadsword with an elaborate golden handguard. The handle is dark red with a golden point, and the guard bears two red gems and several small wing designs. The bright, white-silver blade has two curved points at the base, four smaller points along its length as it tapers towards the tip, and diamond-like red markings in its center. The figure's right hand rests on its hilt, while his left hand is outstretched in what appears to be a gesture of friendship as a thin line appears on its face in a smile.

On her right, with the solar throne, is the ruins she has known since the first day she went to Ponyville. On it sits an identical silhouette, but this one is pitch black, with a red aura and eyes, and sporting a toothy, carnivorous grin. Its left hand grips onto a black sword with a crude, irregular appearance, appearing to have been carved from stone (or perhaps busted up metal). It has a long, broad blade with several scratches on it and a blocky handguard marked with an inverted red pentacle. Its right hand clutches at an orb of crackling dark energy. Horrified at the sights before her, Twilight tries to escape the dream, but is unable to. Before confusion can set in, the black silhouette jerks its head to look at her. Their eyes meet as it outstretches its right hand and blasts her with dark magic.

Twilight wakes up with a start, screaming for a split second. Gallus, a griffon who acts as her personal guard and a former student of friendship of hers, comes in. "Is everything alright, Princess?" he asks.

Twilight calms herself down before answering, "Yes, I'm fine, Gallus. Return to your post." Gallus bows before exiting the room, leaving Twilight to wonder 'What was all of that?' She ponders this for a moment, remembering her few days at Canterlot High with Sunset and her alternate friends, before realizing that she probably doesn't have time today, it being a festival and all. Maybe it was just a bad dream, but if so, why couldn't she leave it? Many questions bounced in her head as she raised the sun that morning and prepared for the Festival.

The Festival itself went off without a hitch, but even though Twilight was a gracious and level headed host in public, she always found herself thinking back on that "dream." She eventually remembered that Celestia once told her that she had a vision of Tirek before he returned, which kicked off the series off events that led her and the other princesses to give up their magic to Twilight. Maybe this was the same, but unlike the vision of Tirek, which was a straightforward, "an ancient evil returns," this vision seemed more cryptic. It spoke of a great castle reborn, but desecrated and two human figures. How could humans be in Equestria? They turn to ponies once they cross the mirror from their world to ours. Plus, from what she's read from Sunset's updates, the only way they can use magic is by acquiring Equestian magic that seeps into their world. Though, she did read that once there was a time loop that Sunset was stuck in, which might explain how the castle is rebuilt. Who could say that someone hasn't figured out how to cross between world with their original bodies? Although, if that's the case, would they spell disaster, considering the amount of blood they'd cover the castle with? Then she remembers that the throne room was split. Would half of the castle be rebuilt and bloodied by the seemingly nice human and the other half stay ruined by the dark magic wielding human? She wondered 'What do I do?'

Author's Note:

Welcome to my first story! Since this is a comment driven story, I'll be editing the tags to suit the changing narrative of the story accordingly. I may even need to change the rating to Mature, if it comes down to it. I'll try to upload new chapters monthly, at the very least, if I can help it. The criteria for what happens next will be majority rule or first suggested, if there happens to be a tie. Hope you all enjoy my take on Human in Equestria!

Sword designs are Heaven's Gate & Anarchy from the Epic Battle Fantasy franchise. All rights to those designs go to Matt Roszak.

Will the creature find the Shadow Pony in the ruins?(The one from Castle Mane-ia, not Stygian)

What will Twilight do with this bombardment of information?