• Published 25th Aug 2012
  • 864 Views, 1 Comments

Tiempo de Vals - FALG



That waltz made our feelings stronger.

  • ...
2
 1
 864

Suits

The next day, mail arrived at my house, besides the work I normally got asigned there was also a letter from my dad. I called my brother to come read it with me.

"Dear Flare and Plaid:
How are things out there in Ponyville? Pretty good I suppose.

As you may know by now, the Grand Galloping Gala is becoming nearer to date; and as you surely believe, we're invited too."

"Why do we have to go to that dumb gala anyway? It's just too boring. Good thing last year got messed up, we were able to leave early." Plaid interrupted.

"I do believe too that the gala is a bit of boring, but we have to because we are the sons of a former Captain of the Royal Army." I answered. And kept reading:

"The Gala will be celebrated in less than a month from now, so I suggest you come to Canterlot before the day 21 of the current, most likely a half week before; if you agree, you can stay some time in Canterlot after the gala, before parting again to Ponyville.

Hope you reply soon guys.


Dad."

I put the letter on the table of the living room.

"What are you going to wear for the Gala?" I asked my brother.

"I don't really mind, the same grey bow I used last year should be fine." he replied.

"Haven't you considered of wearing a full suit? You know, with vest?"

"Nah, I like to keep it simple."

"Hey you know what? Why don't you come with me?" I suggested him while walking out of the house.

"Where?" he asked.

"Just come with me ok? Maybe you would like a suit after you meet her."

"Meet who?"

"One of the best designers in Equestria." I answered.
And with that we parted off.


A little bell chimed when we entered the Carousel Boutique, followed by a voice.

"Welcome to Carousel Boutique, how... Flare! Fancy you coming here!" Rarity said while noticing me.

"Hey there Rarity, I came with my brother to request you something." I told the unicorn.

"Of course, how may I help you gentlecolts?"

"We need suits for an elegant occasion."

"YOU need that, I'm going only with that bow." Plaid interrupted.

"May I know to what festivity were you invited?" Rarity asked.

"Oh it's the Gala, the Grand Galloping Gala." I answered.

"WHAT?! Nonononono I can't let you go to that festivity with just a bow dear... uh..."

"Plaid." my brother told her.

"Yes! Sorry, but I simply can't let you go to the Gala without my help!" Rarity insisted.

"Really, thanks but I..."

"Give her a shot, maybe you'll like it." I whispered him.

"Ugh, fine, just stop bothering me." he whispered back "Fine, I want a suit too, but nothing too flamboyant, keep it as simple as you can."

"Of course, I won't do anything you don't like. Give me some time to find my measuring tapes." she said while walking away.

After a while she came back with her tapes, and called me first.

"Can I know how you were invited to the gala dear?" Rarity asked while measuring me.

"Well my father is a former Captain of the Royal Army. Now he trains the recruits, so he still has some contact with the Royalty." I explained.

"Oh is that so? How many times did you attend the gala?" she asked with curiosity.

"Pretty much since I was born, because my father was the Captain at that time."

"So you attended last year?"

"Yeah, but the gala ended early for some trouble."

"Is that so? Do tell, what happened?" she asked.

"Apparently there was a group that made some kind of ravaging in the festivity. My father's friends said that they were some kind of misf- errr, maladjusting ponies or something." I said, when talking to Rarity is used to use some elegant words every now and then.

"Oh what a shame darling." she said with a hint of nervousness.

"It's not that big a deal, just because of one year messed up, doesn't mean that such a festivity has to be cancelled."

"I couldn't agree more." she said. "Well, I'm done with measuring you, do you want something special for your suit?"

"No thanks, only keep it like this." I told her showing a pic in a catalog she handed me before.

"Sure, as you wish. Please call your brother now."
With that walked away of the rounded pillar on a side of the Boutique, and called my brother.

My brother looked deeply at the catalog, he didn't see anything he liked so he asked Rarity for a simple black vest, he would add the bow to it, Rarity insisted on adding something else but in the end she obliged.
While measuring my brother, the door of the place was opened.

"Welcome to my boutique, I'll be with you in a minute!" Rarity greeted by reaction.

"It's just me Twilight." the purple unicorn said.

"Oh Twilight! What do you need dear?" Rarity asked still measuring my brother.

"I came by to give you something." Twilight said and she looked at me "Hi Flare!"

"Hey there Twilight, fancy meeting you here. What's up?"

"Nothing much, I just wanted to give Rarity this..." she was about to show me something but Rarity stopped her in a hurry.

"Oh Twilight, it's not good mannered that you show other people what will you give to a friend of yours."

"But..."

"No 'buts', please wait in my room Twilight." Rarity ordered.

"Well, okay, nice to see you Flare." she said while walking upstairs.

"Likewise." I simply answered.

After some other minutes, Rarity finished measuring my brother.

"Are you sure you don't want me to do something else to your suit Plaid?" Rarity asked while we were leaving.

"I am sure, but thanks anyway."

"When will our suits be done Rarity?" I asked.

"When is the gala going to be celebrated?" she asked back.

"The 21st of this month." Plaid and I responded at the same time.

"In that case, I'll have the suits done in three days from now."

"So soon? Are you sure?" I asked

"Darling, you are looking at one of the best designers ever. I guarantee that if you come in three days from now, your suits will be done." she assured us.

"Well okay, we'll come back in three days." I said.

We left the Boutique and I told my brother.

"Told you it was worth it."

"Yeah, I guess you are right. but I ain't buying something I don't like."

"You heard her, she won't do anything you won't like. You can be sure of that."