• Published 28th Aug 2019
  • 2,519 Views, 11 Comments

Hurt between sisters. - Bolted Sky



During their heated argument, Celestia says some things she shouldn't have. And it hits Luna harder than she thought it would.

  • ...
2
 11
 2,519

Chapter One.

"I hope you're enjoying your super-relaxing picnic, sister." Said Celestia, condescendingly.

"I would be if you hadn't made us hike through a million prickle bushes!"

"Well, they hurt less than that horrible howling you dragged us to."

In response, Luna levitated a picture in Celestia's face.

"That was Ponygliacci, and it's an opera!" Celestia promptly shoved the picture down with her hoof.

"And you made us leave early, even though it was still my turn."

Luna walked over and began fiddling with her sandwich, picking out what she didn't like.

"Oh, just face it, Luna. You are never happy!"

Luna's eyes widened at this.

Seriously.

"Because you don't want me to be happy. I always have to do things your way. I bet you wish I'd never come back so you could still rule day and night!"

"You think I like that kind of pressure?! Being responsible for every little thing in Equestria and you?!"

Then she said it. With a loud booming voice right in Luna's face.

"What I'd like is a sister I can depend on!"

Luna opened her mouth to speak, but after a moment, nothing came. Using her magic, she stuffed the picnic blanket into the basket and shoved it towards her sister. She then turned around and flew away.

"Where do you think you're going?" Demanded Celestia.

"Back to Canterlot."

"Aah! Luna! You're being childish! Come on. Let's get going while we still have sunlight."

"Yeah, no. I'm going home. Do what you like. I'll spend the rest of my vacation in the castle."

"You're being ridiculous, as always. Must you be so inconsiderate? I mean, really Luna." Celestia scoffed and waved a dismissive hoof.

Luna paused, mid flight.

"You know, it's this exact thing that caused your banishment to the moon! Throwing a tantrum because you didn't get your way."

Luna continue to hover during her sister's rant. Celestia didn't see the look of growing pain on her sister's face.

"Maybe if you quit being so mopey and immature, you'd be a Princess worth loving."

Wait a minute.

Luna turned around slowly. Celestia could see the tears streaming down her face. The look of hurt was as plain as day.

What did I just?...

Celestia knew almost instantly that she had messed up royally. The look of anger on her face quickly turn to one of horror and she reached out of hoof towards Luna.

"Luna, I..."

Luna vanished, having teleported herself. Though one could probably guess where she was headed, Celestia couldn't even think straight. Her mind clouded by the scenario that just took place repeating in her head. Tears began to stream down her own face.

"I'm so sorry, Luna.

Back in Canterlot, Twilight and her friends were preparing for the Swanifying.

"Good news, everypony. We're going to DELEGATE!" Twilight declared.

Just then, there was a burst of magic. Luna appeared, still wearing her Hawaiian shirt.

"Princess Luna!" Twilight yelped.

"Back a mit early, ain't ya?" Asked Applejack.

"Hey, where's Celestia?" Asked Pinkie Pie.

"Nevermind any of that... I'm sure my... Sister will be along shortly." Luna spat the last part out with venom.

The others noticed, looking at one another with concern. They also noticed her disheveled appearance and bloodshot eyes.

"More importantly, how goes the Swanifying?" Luna asked

"Oh, umm... Great! Just great! No problem at all!" Twilight said as she wore the biggest, fakest smile ever.

"Very well, then. If you need me, I'll be in my chambers." The others watched her walk out of the room before looking at each other agian.

"Is it just me, or do y'all think something happened on their vacation?" The others visibly cringed at the thought.

"Well, somepony should probably go talk to her." Twilight suggested.

"Why don't you go, Fluttershy?" Asked Rarity.

"Wait, What? I..." Fluttershy was cut off.

"Hey, yeah! She's the one who taught Luna how to be 'not scary'." Said Rainbow Dash as she hovered.

"But I..."

"Aaaaand she's super easy to talk to, really sweet, always listens, AND can boogie like nobody's business!" Said Pinkie as she bounced into place.

"... But... What?" Fluttershy asked, more confused than ever.

"Everyone loves Fluttershy!" Said Pinkie as she bounced agian.

The others nodded, a chorus of 'mmhms' going around.

"Good luck, sugarcube." Applejack said, patting Fluttershy on the back.

"But I... *sigh*... Okay." Fluttershy resigned herself and walked out of the room.

A few minutes later she found herself outside of Luna's room. She heard what sounded like a soft sobbing. Hesitant at first, she knocked on the door. The sobbing stopped, and after a couple of minutes the door opened.

"I thought I made it clear I wasn't to be... Oh, Fluttershy. I wasn't expecting you. Do you require assistance?"

"Ummm... I, no... But I think you might..."

Fluttershy said timidly.

Luna's eyes widened, then narrowed.

"I don't know what you mean. I'm fine."

"Well, to be honest, I don't think you are. That much is obvious." Fluttershy said with more bravery than she thought she had. Luna's eyes narrowed even more as Fluttershy let out a small, scared 'Eeep!', but regained her composure.

"Princess, you're a dear friend. I only want to help and it's obvious you need it. Please let me."

Luna's gaze softened almost immediately. She looked around for a moment before beckoning Fluttershy inside. She closed the door and they both sat on her bed.

Both of them looked at each other, then looked away awkwardly, not really knowing what to say. Fluttershy decided to brake the ice.

"Sooo... What happened?"

Luna looked at her, then at the floor.

"It's alright. You can tell me." Fluttershy said.

Luna looked back at her. She stared at Fluttershy for a good fifteen seconds with tears in her eyes before she broke down sobbing. She took ahold of Fluttershy, crying into her shoulder. Fluttershy was surprised at first, but she hugged Luna back.

"There, there. Whatever it is, it's okay."

"No it's not! It'll never be okay!" Luna wailed.

"It can't be that bad. What happened?" Fluttershy asked, now genuinely concerned.

"My sister doesn't love me anymore!"

Author's Note:

My first story. Tell me what you think.

Also, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic doesn't belong to me.