• Published 25th Oct 2012
  • 935 Views, 12 Comments

Repercussions of the past - TheArcher20



Trixie boasts about her past while visiting Twilight's grave

  • ...
3
 12
 935

A Trix in the hoof is worth two in the show

A Trix in the hoof is worth two in the show

The stallion mercilessly thanked Trixie and she was utterly baffled that it unexpectedly happened to her. He was practically kissing the ground she walked on in thanks for something about hooligans and rapscallions or something but Trixie didn’t care enough to entirely listen. She was too busy trying to get a word in to the mayor.

“You’re welcome, the great and powerful Trixie would of course be the one capable of doing it. Now, if you will excuse Trixie, she has words to discuss with the mayor.” The elderly, and very weird stallion accepted her words and left the room in a hurry, spouting thank you’s all the way.

Once he was gone, Trixie turned to the mayor and coughed a bit in her hoof, composing her thoughts. “Trixie requires a showcase card allowing her an area to do her show during her stay here. Trixie hopes this is of no problem for the mayor to get Trixie such a card.”

“Fine. Yeah, here you go.” Mingle practically threw it at her as she saw her assistant bring in a stack of papers twice the size of the first one she got. She pretty much didn’t care and just wanted to get through the day in one piece. But, unfortunately for her, Trixie spoke up in her confusion.

“Uhm, just like that?”

“Yes.”

“Are you sure? It is that easy for Trix-”

“Yes! Goodbye! Thanks for the visit.” Mayor Mingle just went back to her desk as her assistant left the room and Trixie just shrugged off the easy accomplishment.

After Trixie was practically tossed out, she grumbled a bit, it was really that easy? Was it not harder in Trottingham to get a decent license to go out and do a show? Whatever the reason, Trixie just shrugged it off without a care, small towns were relatively easier going on things like this.

********** The show

The stage was now set up. The great and powerful Trixie’s stage wagon was ready for use in the center of town within minutes. Onlookers watched as she had set it up but didn’t stay long, as usual. Now that everything was prepared, Trixie got her costume ready, the usual cloak she has hundreds of, the pointy hat that could only fit her in style she had at least ten of. She was ready. Ready to knock ‘em dead.

With a quick fireworks spell, she jumped onto stage with explosions erupting behind her in a marvelous show of entertainment. A secondary spell spelling out her name in the fireworks right above her.

“Hello Hoofington! I, the great and powerful Trixie! Has graced you with her presence.”

The crowd cheered with her entrance, grinning and wondering what she would do.

Trixie began regaling tale after tale of the same repetitive stories she had done. Tt always worked in wowing the crowds before Ponyville. She started with conveying the false battle with the manticores, then the hydra.

She made sure to add a lot more wow’s into the mix with over exaggerations of past encounters. Trixie had long since forgotten the actual memories, the over zealous stories taking hold of the once memories that fit in said places.

Once she finished her fifth story, Trixie began to retell of the event in Hoofington that happened. Overly exaggerated of course.

********** after the story

Trixie was grinning devilishly at the amount of money she was already gaining. A few ponies didn’t believe her words, but she knew just how to flush ‘em out.

“Trixie now proposes a challenge for you Hoofingtons! Anything you Hoofington ponies can do, Trixie can do better.”

A few in the back sorely huffed and silently made jokes about Trixie, so she called for them.

“I see we have some that doubt Trixie’s greatness. Would they be willing to challenge Trixie’s claims?”

A burly stallion, green as a blade of grass walked upto the stage, a smug grin of victory on his face. This stallion was a pegasi that seemed to be extremely cocky, he would pay for his brass behavior.

“Here’s what I got for you, ya dang harpie.” The stallion flew off into the sky creating a lump of clouds. He kicked and mashed at them and in a minute it was in the shape of Celestia, right down the the flowing mane and cutie mark.

The cheering of the crowd was in high spirits, but Trixie had no intention of letting herself lose. Within just a minute, she created spells that cut the cloud in half shortly before reforming it, two figures growing clear in the mesh of creation.

In about half a minute, the two figures were completed. A very detailed, and lifelike replica of the two princesses were there, but they both were colored the same as rainclouds. Unfortunately, for the unexpecting stallion, the two ‘cloud princesses’ flew above him and smashed together into one big cloud, before shocking the poor fellow with a few volts of electricity.

He crashed with a ‘thud’ unharmed by the sudden action, yet he grumbled in dismay and stomped off. Those that were there did not laugh at him, but merely cheered for Trixie as she smirked her signature smug smirk.

The next to come up was a unicorn, a tad older in comparison to the other, more cocky stallion. This one knew to expect the unexpected surprises Trixie had in store no matter what she did. So he did something simple in its nature, with a light of his horn, a spell was weaving itself into existence.

Something from the stallion’s pack caused the entire carrying case to light up the same color, he carefully lifted out what looked to be a crystal. The crystal seemed to shine every color of the rainbow and more. He suddenly caused the crystal to shatter and spin around him, giving him a shimmering and colorful look. After that, he miraculously put it back together in a different shape and placed it on his head like a hat.

The crowd once again stomped in glee and cheered for the challenger. Trixie just huffed in boredom as she started using a spell she had (metaphorically) up her sleeve.

Her entire self started glowing instead of just her horn and the audience watched with awe as she started to get shiny, her coat seeming to gain a glossy texture. With a shock of amazing proportions, her coat changed to seemingly look like the color of rainbows, glowing as it covered her body in spots that formed together.

After she finished her transformation, the crowd cheered as her mane gained a fancy look to it, her coat the color of a rainbow as it shimmered and faintly glowed reflecting off even the non reflective surfaces. The crowd cheered and roared and it almost seemed like a small earthquake was happening. The stallion grumbled as he left the stage, bitter at his loss.

“The great and powerful Trixie asks once again! Is there anymore doubts or those who would question Trixie!?” She yelled, none spoke up, or if they did they weren’t heard over the roaring crowd.

********** after the show

Trixie carried a small bucket that was filled to the brim with coins that were paid for the show by the sizeable crowd.

She was ecstatic at the amount of monetary gain she got, she already had well enough to buy another of those trailers, whatever they were called, and she couldn’t care less about any other problems. She was practically hopping as she headed for her temporary home at the inn, a cheery tune threatening to whistle out of the cracks of her smile.

She entered the inn to the cheery voice of Maribel. “Well, howdy to ya darlin’. You’re in a mighty good mood it seems, what’s the occasion?”

“Trixie has managed to earn enough to replace all her damaged items! It’s such a wonderful day for her. I -” Trixie stopped herself, she mentally hit herself. Hard. She didn’t converse with anypony in such a cheery way, and she didn’t want to start now.

“Trixie is just in a good mood. Can’t she be cheery?” Trixie raised her nose up in the air.

Maribel just rolled her eyes as she went back to cleaning empty cups and plates.

Trixie went up the stairs with a bit of vigor as she made sure not to let any oddball bits drop. Again, she thought back about how stupid ponies were and how willing they were to give up their bits to a showmare, but she also knew how an amount of bits like this would blow by with all the repairs she had ahead of her and the consumption of time with the new ‘thing’ that followed her.

She laughed to herself. It was like a pet, following her around like it did, her child and her pet at the same time. Simply ridiculous and laughable!

Trixie stopped before she got to her door. Did she really call that thing her child?! She shook her head and mentally hit herself again as she remembered it was just some weird creature that survived by living with other creatures that could and would protect them.

She then heard a familiar sound behind her, that little slimeball was so quiet it was almost uncharacteristic. He hugged her and tried to climb up her hind leg to her back when Trixie kicked him off again.

It stuttered an almost sleepy response. “M-mmama, me tired.”

Trixie rolled her eyes and used her magic to open the wood door that separated her from her nice, warm cot. She laid the thing of golden coins in a rather shady corner where it would pass as a simple trash bin.

The azure unicorn laid in her cot. She nearly forgot about the book she had found. It laid in the same position as she left it on the table next to her bedding.

Shrugging, she took it up and read more into Gelian’s people. If not to at least know more about the annoying bundle of goo. Which, by the way, started to roll up into a ball on the ground.