• Published 25th Oct 2012
  • 934 Views, 12 Comments

Repercussions of the past - TheArcher20



Trixie boasts about her past while visiting Twilight's grave

  • ...
3
 12
 934

Destination 1: Parlour tricks and storybook tales

Destination 1: Parlour tricks and storybook tales part 3

It was just after ten in the morning. Birds were chirping happily and the guests of the inn buzzed about in their daily chores. Some leaving the inn and town for a new one, some endlessly staying in their seats in the bar, laughing and having a good time with friends. Some even helped Maribel get the repairs done for a cheaper price.

A crack of light slipped through the window and landed discreetly upon Trixie’s muzzle. She moved her muzzle instinctively left and right in rapid succession; magically trying to will the light off. It slowly moved north and landed directly onto her eyes, disturbing her of her once nice sleep.

She peeked her eyes open and groaned under the glare of the morning sun. Trixie rose from her sleeping position on her cot and turned to see the goo had gotten to sleeping in a ball like way on the floor. Shifting ever so slightly every few seconds to unconsciously get more comfortable.

She ignored it and let it sleep for now. She opened the book that laid next to her as she could now focus without worry of distractions or paranoid thought processes.

She read to herself,

‘boring, boring, illumination spell, boring, boring, spell to let Trixie turn someone into a manticore for a day hmmm, might be useful. Boring, boring, ooh, what’s this....’

Entry twelve,

I, Lulamoon Spellmoore, have just made a major discovery over the course of my short time traveling. After the last encounter with the village of Transiloof and my miraculous escape,
I stumbled upon a new race of beings. Ones relatively new by the looks of it, I wonder what they evolved from. It’s so amazing, below is a drawing of one of the natives inside the forest area of the nearby village I escaped from.-

‘This-this cannot be, Trixie should say this is impossible. How can Lulamoon ever think creatures as vile as this thing to be....ugh, cute and useful.’

-The species seems almost alien in nature and resemble very little of any notable species in Equestria. It may be possible that an animal strictly found in the gryphon kingdom’s are what these originated from. I think I should call them a name befitting their selves as a whole.
Yes, from here on out, they are the hyacintho resurrexit creatura. This is all that I have to note as of today.

Signed, Lulamoon Spellmoore

Trixie turned to the glob of goo, looking at the ‘hyacintho resurrexit creatura’ a bit more curiously. Thoughts zoomed past her head a mile a minute as it slowly started to awake from it’s comfortable slumber.

With a yawn that outdid the word, ‘cute’ it awoke. The blue goo carefully got up, rubbing its eyes and opened them, seemingly looking for something. When it’s head turned to Trixie, it stumbled over to her, stuttering, trying to say something.

“M..Mama m-me hungee.” It managed to say as it tugged on the blankets.

Trixie mumbled to herself, after about a minute, she sighed. She carefully placed the book down after marking her spot and got up from the cot she slept in.

*****Downstairs

It was far more busy today for Maribel. She and the other workers were going around tirelessly taking orders and giving food and beverages where needed. They picked up the paychecks in between the two tasks and it seemed to be endless for them.

Trixie took to a stool in a rather emptier part of the bar/inn, the blue goo stumbling close behind. She sat down with a drowsy ‘plof’ onto the creaky seat. She had a headache coming on after all the info from that book, that accursed thing.

Before she could mull things over too much, Maribel came by. “So what’ll you have darlin’?”

“Just give Trixie whatever, same for the goop.”

“You know darlin, I don’t think ya ever did give me that little fella’s name. What is it?”

“It doesn’t have one.” Trixie muttered something about not caring under her breath just inaudible of Maribel.

She chuckled and then spoke up. “Well darlin’ how about I name him? I mean if it’s okay with you, Trixie darlin’.”

Trixie just waved her hoof absentmindedly as she focused anywhere but on Maribel. The mare seemed to lose herself in thought for a moment, staring at the blue goo as it rocked back and forth on the table, seemingly chewing on it’s own arm. She then had a miraculous realization for a name for him. “Ah yes! How about Gelian? It’s simple, it’s cool, and it’s easy to pronounce.”

Trixie just waved her hoof dismissively and replied. “yes.”

“Alright darlin’, I’ll be back with your orders.” She left Trixie to her and Gelian’s selves. Trixie was pretty much playing with her hoof absent-mindedly while contemplating again on the entry she had just read about the new creature that was following her.

‘Ugh. Trixie should have ordered a drink to go along with it. Just what is so important about this ugly atrocity, Trixie shall never know. I still have to go to the mayor’s and get approved for a show so I can earn some bits...’

Trixie rejoined the world outside her head by the sound of Maribel placing their food down in front of them. Maribel was already off before Trixie could even respond, far too busy making sure everypony was taken care of. She stared at her meal grumbling and thinking about the same thing yet again. Gelian had decided to repeat his process of eating and just shoved his meal into him to be dissolved in a brilliant palette of color that came off of him. After a few seconds, it disappeared, never to be seen again in the now slightly pudgy goo of Gelian.

Trixie decided against dilly dallying and hurried to finish her meal, she had to go talk to the mayor and nothing would stop her.

********** A little while later in the mayors office

Mayor Mingle was looking through some papers, sometimes stamping them, other times writing side notes on them before placing them in a small group of bins located all around her. Papers were stacked high in each, some needing two piles due to the large amount. A small glass cup of liquor was placed just near the edge of the desk, far from the papers and any risk at losing the important documents. But it did pose a risk of falling off at any random time as a door slammed nearby.

Mingle was stressed from the large quantity of work that seemed to fly in today. It was almost as if the universe hated her right then and there. New documents allowing the schools to get some privilege were just finished being accepted by the mayor when her assistant opened the door slightly, announcing her appointment was here.

“Yes, send them in.” Mingle said absentmindedly as she put the last paper in the correct bin. “Also, later i’ll need these documents,” she pointed her hoof to the largest of the piles, “sent back to their originators, they have been denied.”

“Yes of course.” Her assistant said before he left back the way he came. The door opened now with a different pony on the other side, a rather old and husky stallion that walked as if he had suffered from severe arthritis not seconds ago. He had a greying coat that still shone a dying brown, his mane changed from a luscious purple to an unnatural white halfway down. His expression was that of a tired old man wanting only of solace in his final hours.

He spoke up with a rather raspy and warm voice. “Hello there, miss Mingle. It is a pleasure to have the privilege of speaking to you this fine morning.”

“Well you did schedule this appointment, it is only fair.”

The old stallion half laughed and half coughed to her light hearted humor before speaking up.“Yes well, I should make this quick. No need to make things any longer than they have to be.” He composed himself a bit during his pause and seemed to look for the right words.

“There is a bit of a problem with the crime rate in the neighborhood I specifically am a part of and humbly request that something be done about those hooligans that are damaging the property.”

“Yes I heard of that. It seems a mare in the inn near your neighborhood had been attacked by these hooligans. They were apprehended and taken into custody not some few hours ago, maybe eight or nine. One got away, though; everypony is saying how this is related to the hooligans and their damaging of property. The last one was captured just an hour ago I was told.” Mayor Mingle said with a warm smile.

“Yes that is good news, t-t-thank you! Thank you Miss Mingle! This information is a godsend to know of.”

“Oh don’t thank me, thank the mare that stopped them while they were stealing from her room.”

Just as they were talking, Mingle’s assistant opened the door and came into sight, he seemed nervous and smiled awkwardly towards her in an apologetic way.

“Uh, Mingle, it seems that the mare from yesterday is back. heh.” He laughed a bit in a way that signified he did not want to deal with the same headache as yesterday had given him.

Mingle just smiled at her assistant and said, “then by all means let her in. It seems, Mr. Mackley, that you can just thank her personally right now.”

The old stallion smiled broadly and turned to the door, expecting some kind of brave, heroic and very stoic mare that was humble on the other side.


........oh how wrong he was.