• Published 21st Aug 2019
  • 233 Views, 3 Comments

Demon’s Masquerade - Vampyr l0rd



Eclipse always felt like an outcast to the rest of the world. It doesn’t help the fact that his father is an ancient menacing demon...

  • ...
 3
 233

A Breakfast with Royalty

I could feel the sun’s light shining between my eyes. I groaned pathetically as I struggled to lift my body from the comfort of my bed. I let out a loud yawn and rubbed my eyes as they adjusted to the light. I got out from the bed and slowly made my way to the door. As I opened it a sudden wave hit me, causing my mind to open up to the new discoveries that I have made.

Down the hall to the left, there was a unicorn dusting the ceiling lights, using her magic to allow the duster to reach such a height. A servant no doubt, I could sense the emotions that took place in her mind. She was worried that she wasn’t doing a good job, that the princesses wouldn’t approve of her work. But happiness overpowered her worries tremendously, she was indeed living a good life. Loving parents that raised her well, a job of keeping the castle clean, she felt honored to be doing this.

I decided to see just how far the rabbit hole will go, I dug deeper into her memories just to see what I will find. It was risky, and a serious invasion of privacy. I should’ve stopped, but I came this far. Why not keep going? As I journeyed deep into her mind, I came across something that caught my eye. It made my heart feel warm inside. She was in love.

Turns out she has feelings for her best friend, and she looked beautiful. Her silky smooth raven colored mane followed by a perfect majestic white coat. Her emerald green eyes melted her heart every time she gazed at them. No wonder she had a crush on her. The problem is that she believes it would never work. That she wasn’t good enough for her.

I had to think about this for a moment, unlike her I had no desire whatsoever to be interested in the same sex. In fact, I didn’t even want to be in a relationship with anypony. Love is a very complicated thing, it’s something that I thought about a lot but in the end... it wasn’t worth it. Besides, what mare could ever love somepony like me, a vile monstrosity.

Without even realizing it, I shook my head and looked to see that she was right in front of me. How did this just happen? Was I so carelessly distracted by her memories that she just walked right up to me and I never even knew it? This won’t happen again.

She looked worried but offered me an innocent smile. “I’m sorry, but I couldn’t help but notice you weren’t looking very well. Are you alright?”

My mind spiraled out of control! I’ve only rarely encountered other ponies, let alone actually converse with them. Everypony else just completely ignores me, but she was actually talking to me! A new feeling deep inside me has awakened, kindness pierced my heart. I felt like a whole new me.

“You should do it, later tonight you should get together with your best friend and let her know how you truly feel.” Where did that come from? It’s like my body had a mind of its own and I was powerless to take control. Her sapphire blue eyes widened and I could sense her cheeks blushing through her yellow fur.

“E-Excuse me?” Were the only words that escaped her lips. She looked really uncomfortable but I knew this was the right path to take. I just need to push further.

“Please, don’t ask me how I know. There’s nothing wrong with what your feeling. If she makes you happy, then great! Go out there and tell her how you actually feel. Who knows, maybe she has been feeling this way too. All you need to do is face your fears, trust me, it will all be worth it in the end.”

I don’t know how I did it but after a few seconds of thinking, she made the most grateful smile I’ve ever seen. Her eyes were giving off sparkles of pure joy.

“I-I will, yes yes I will! Thank you so much kind sir, thank you!” She practically exploded in a new sense of confidence, she ran down the hall and was soon out of sight. Probably going back home to plan for tonight.

For once in my life, I felt at peace. It was only for a moment but it was there. Never did I believe something as evil as me would ever have enough goodness in my heart to help another being. A demon is only know to cause torment to their victims. I always thought that I was just destined to end up like my father. That I would never grow up to spread light to this world instead of destruction.

But... maybe there is a chance. A chance to actually redeem my soul.

What I never realized was that Princess Celestia was behind me the whole time. She must of eavesdropped on the entire conversation. I was completely embarrassed. I turned only to find the biggest grin on her face.

“Eclipse, I’m... I’m speechless right now. No matter what you may believe in, you have a kind heart. Never forget that.”

I knew she was speaking the truth, and I wanted to believe her. However, I was having a sense of doubt. That was only one pony that I helped, who’s to say I may harm the next one? Only time will tell.

“Well breakfast is ready Eclipse, care to join me?” She asked me, causing a smile to form on my lips.

“Yes your maje- I-I mean princess Celestia!” I stuttered in panic causing the princess to laugh.

“It’s quite alright Eclipse, you can call me whatever you want if you’re more comfortable with that. Come with me.”

The walk to the dining room was a quiet one, I was never much of a talker. I guess you can say I have social anxiety, pretty bad too. Anytime somepony tries to converse with me I just feel like I need to run to the deepest darkest place in Equestria. I don’t know why I said what I said to that mare, something in me just clicked.

It wasn’t long until we entered the dining hall, and my goodness was it beautiful. The marbled floor looked like a chess board. I smiled as I remembered playing chess with my mom. She won 10 times in a row until I finally got the hang of it. I sure do miss her. I should apologize for how I acted.

Princess Celestia offered me the empty seat at the end of the long table which I happily accepted. As Celestia sat on the other end of the table I was gazing at the food before me. A perfect stack of golden brown pancakes with a cute smiley face on top. The eyes were blueberries, mouth was raspberries, ears were strawberries, and finally whipped cream on the top including the ears. Then an assortment of all three berries patterned around the stack neatly. This shaped up to be such a beautiful dish.

I was thrilled, my horn glowed giving off a crimson red aura as I levitated the fork. After I took a decent amount I popped it into my mouth. The taste was absolutely divine.

“I do hope you like it Eclipse, I did make it myself after all.” I almost choked at what she said, the princess herself actually made this?

“You made this princess? You might just be a better cook than my mother, and that means something!” Celestia laughed and took a bite from hers. She closed her eyes as if savoring the taste just as much as I was.

“Well thank you, I’m honored.” I notice something changed in her eyes as she set down her silverware and looked at me. I knew what she was thinking about, and I was ready for it.

“So Eclipse, while we’re here will it be okay with you if I ask you a few questions? If not then that’s completely fine, but I would be grateful if you can share some information. Just so I can know more about you, that’s all.”

I knew had to tell her at some point, something about the Princess makes me believe I can trust her. But I can’t share everything to her, especially who I really am.

I nodded and swallowed another bite while setting down my silverware as well.

“Of course Princess, after all the kindness you’ve showed me, it’s only fair that I repay you somehow.” I was nervous, but not because of what I’m about to share. It’s what I’m going to keep hidden. Being who she is, what makes me think that she doesn’t already know what I am. If she does know, then she’s hiding it very well.

She nodded in thanks. “So I noticed you were very distressed when I brought you in here, what happened to you last night?” She asked while taking another bite from her pancakes.

“Well... my mother, Dawn. She and I got into a fight, it was my fault, I let anger consume me. She was the only family I had, and I just left her. I always felt like I don’t belong in this world, everypony treats me differently, I don’t even have a cutie mark. So, I thought that I should just give up, if I can’t find my place in this world then what’s the point of living?” I tried so hard not to cry, like my life depended on it. Not here, not now. I can fight it.

Celestia was listening carefully to everything I have to say, I took up the courage to continue. While still having a war with my tears.

I tried to be very vague with what I was sharing. One mistake and Celestia would suspect something. I can’t let that happen.

“It is true though, I may be different than everypony else, but I tried so hard not to let that get in the way. Like even not to long ago I showed kindness to somepony I never met before in my life. This helps me think that maybe I do have a chance in this world, a chance were I can forget about being a de-“ My lips shut instantly, I let my heart speak for me. What a fool I was. Celestia caught on to this and gave me a sympathetic look.

“Eclipse, you know you can tell me anything. I promise I won’t think of you any differently than who you are now. I’ll even keep this whole conversation a secret if you prefer it that way. You can trust me.” If I didn’t know any better I would’ve thought she was my mother. The way she was speaking to me was so familiar. I ached to see her again, to wrap me up in her signature warm hug and tell me everything was going to be alright.

I couldn’t say it.

“I’m... I’m sorry princess, but I just can’t. I hope you can understand.” I replied with a lump in my throat, I felt bad for not trusting her enough to reveal my true nature. It was like everything she did for me was all for nothing to her.

She looked disappointed but gave me a reassuring smile nonetheless. “I understand Eclipse but a word of advice. It’s always best to not keep things locked away inside for so long. In time you will come to realize that it’s best to let it out. It may seem difficult, but you’ll feel much better in the future.” I took a mental note of this, I actually did feel a lot better when I finally told my mother what was happening to me all these years. Maybe I should tell Celestia, just not now. When the time is right, then I’ll tell her the truth.

We continued eating for a while until she asked her next question.

“If you don’t mind me asking, where does your mother live? And please don’t take this the wrong way, if she was ever in any trouble my guards along with myself will see to it that’s she’s perfectly safe.” She sounded like she was really serious about what she explained. Was it right to reveal my mother’s location? We always hid ourselves from the rest of society, she liked the peace and quiet. My mother was in Canterlot at the time after she sent that letter, so Twilight couldn’t have known where I lived. I decided that in the end I have no choice but to trust Celestia, her protection for my mom sounded very nice.

“She and I live in a house west of Baltimare. Deep in the forest where we seclude ourselves from everypony else, the forest lies between a railroad track and mountains to the north and a river to the south. Our house sits next to the tallest tree in that forest, you can’t miss it.” I answered with as much detail as I could, hopefully it was enough. Celestia smiled.

“Thank you so much Eclipse, I’m sure me and my guards will have no issue finding your home. You did a good thing Eclipse, if ever the time comes, we will help your mother. I promise.” I felt relieved to hear this, knowing that Princess Celestia herself will offer protection for my mom. Why is she doing all this for me? A complete stranger that she’s never met before, I need to find a way show my gratitude.

“Princess Celestia, you’ve already done so much for me and I repaid your kindness with nothing. Is there anything I could do for you Princess? Anything at all?”

Celestia put a hoof to her chin, she seemed to be deep in thought. Then she grinned.

“There is one thing I have in mind, I’d like you to accompany me out to the fields by the river just outside Canterlot. I’m intrigued to see your magical potential, I have a good feeling about you Eclipse.” She giggled for a moment after noticing me about to take a bite only to find my plate empty. It must’ve looked comedic to her.

“Well I see you most certainly enjoyed breakfast this morning, I always try my best to make it just perfect!” She used her magic to stack her empty plate with mine and left it on the table. Probably for her royal staff to take care of it.

“Now then, shall we be off? I’ll even bring my sister Luna along, that is of course if she’s not sleeping.” This made me laugh, I wouldn’t be surprised if she was. She is the princess of night after all.

“It’s alright Princess Celestia, she needs her sleep after all.” I replied only for Celestia to shake her head.

“Nonsense, I’m sure Canterlot will survive without us for a little while. There is something unique about you and I’m sure Luna would be interested to see what you can do. Just wait inside by the front doors while I go fetch Luna, then we shall see you’re true potential.” I smiled and bowed my head.

“Yes, your majesty.” Celestia had a beam of satisfaction before she turned to leave.

After I lost sight of the princess I began thinking of the activity I have planned with the royal sisters. I almost jumped up and down in excitement, to actually spend time with Princess Celestia and Princess Luna was a dream come true. I always idolized them, they were one of the reasons I kept going and never gave up.

My mother always said I was gifted in magic, I guess I can thank my father for that. The more I think about him, the more I want to learn about just exactly what I am and what I can do. I need to be really careful with my power. One wrong move and I completely blow my cover, and the princesses will finally discover my dark secret.

What will happen then? I guess only fate will decide the future.