• Published 21st Aug 2019
  • 233 Views, 3 Comments

Demon’s Masquerade - Vampyr l0rd



Eclipse always felt like an outcast to the rest of the world. It doesn’t help the fact that his father is an ancient menacing demon...

  • ...
 3
 233

Darkness Among Light

It’s been days since I learned the truth. Question is, what will I do with this information?

My mother has been keeping a close eye on me ever since, she didn’t even want me going outside without her supervision. Does she not trust me? I guess I can understand her fear, I would be scared too if I knew my child was a demon. Speaking of which...

I decided to finally test the limits of my body. Years have gone by and I still never realized that these abilities I possess were the powers of a demon. I always thought I was just cursed. Accidentally breaking a wall into a crumbling pile of debris with the flick of my hoof. Enjoying a morning jog through the forest for hours without showing any signs of fatigue.

A very interesting experience happened months ago while I accompanied my mother to Canterlot. She needed some supplies and I eagerly accepted to help her. It was like any normal day, we do this all the time.

Then all of a sudden, I made eye contact with a member of the royal guard as he did the same. Not a moment sooner my vision blurred and I was now in the body of that particular stallion. It was incredible, I learned exactly who he was, where he came from, and it even showed me some of his memories. His body was under my command. Little did I know was that my actually body vanished from reality, causing some of the ponies nearby to panic and cause a scene. My mother was scared to death that day.

I eventually freed myself from his vessel and quickly went up to her to calm her down and tell her everything was ok. She ordered me to never do that again. I hesitated, but in the end I promised her.

I feel harsh for thinking about this, but I feel like my mom stops me from unlocking my true potential. Like she keeps me under lock and key, not giving me the freedom that I desperately crave. But I knew it was for a good reason. Now that I know what I am, I realize she was doing this to protect Equestria. She knows that I’m very dangerous.

The night has almost arrived, so I decided to test my power once again. I felt really bad for breaking one of my promises, but curiosity and excitement got the best of me. I managed to find a bird perched on a tree facing my direction so I quickly made eye contact with it. Even the slightest gaze towards me was enough to pull it off. After the familiar blur I felt... light.

I examined my surroundings and quickly discovered that it indeed worked. I lifted my wings in utter excitement. For some reason I knew exactly how to fly, control my wings and feet, and witness this bird’s most significant memories. The day it hatched from its egg, to its first day of flying.

I eagerly took off from the tree and experienced the most memorable moment of my life. I was actually flying, high up into the skies while looking down at Equestria. I enjoyed the cool breeze washing over my face. Everything was so small from up here, I felt like all my problems and cares in this world had been wiped clean. I was truly free. But alas, it didn’t last long.

I looked to where I last was and discovered that my mother was outside rapidly turning her head. She was looking for me, oh no.

I flew down towards the house with haste and landed right outside the familiar walnut color of my front door. I noticed that she saw the bird I was possessing as I landed, and her eyes widened in disbelief. She knew exactly who this bird actually was. I think my eyes gave it away.

I quickly left the animals body, allowing my body to appear just a short distance away in a shadowy mist. Thankfully the bird acted like as if nothing happened and flew out into the night, the moon now shining it’s radiant glory across Equestria. Princess Luna has outdone herself yet again.

The look on my mother’s face said it all, she was not happy. I felt like I betrayed her trust, I was completely mortified. I tried to come up with some excuse but I was speechless to act. All I could do was look at the ground in shame.

“Mom I-I can e-explain.” I was stuttering like a fool, I was afraid. It’s wasn't my mother’s anger that scared me, it was her disappointment. I always tried to make her proud and be the best son a mother could ask for, but in the end... I’m a failure.

“You promised Eclipse, I told you to never do that again. How long have you been doing it?” I’ve never seen her this upset, i wanted to know why this effected her so much. It’s not like I was harming anything.

“Just this one time, I wanted to experience it again.” I answered truthfully, I still didn’t dare look her in the eyes. I kept my gaze on my own hooves.

“Son, look at me.” I jumped at her demanding tone and immediately obeyed. As I did I noticed that her disappointment was clearly visible, but there was something else to it. Maybe understanding, acceptance?

“I know your very curious about who you are and what you can achieve, but you need to know that you are still my son. There are rules I expect you to follow, innocent ponies could get hurt if you break them.”

Something in me snapped, it was a blazing fire that ignited deep inside me. I understand she’s protecting everypony around, but what about me? It seems she cares more about others than she cares about her own son. It was not fair, the ponies she’s trying to protect from me have been torturing me my whole life!

I’ve been bullied, ridiculed, and beaten for years because of who I was. It didn’t help that I don’t have this so called cutie mark that everypony else has, even my mom has one. It shows that I’m nothing but a failure and I’ll never find my true purpose in life. I bottled up these feelings from her for years and it doesn’t even seem like she noticed my agony. This only made me more furious.

“Your not even my real mom anyway.” I mumbled under my breath but I knew she heard me. I wanted her to. Her disappointment instantly turned to anger.

“What did you say Eclipse?” She asked me slowly not even blinking once. I knew there was no turning back now.

“You heard me “mother”.” I replied making sure she heard the purpose of my tone clearly, and it worked. Her reaction was instant.

“If you want to act this way, fine. You’re not allowed to go outside, you are going to stay right in this house until I know you can be trusted. Now come inside, it’s getting late.” She turned and made her way to the door.

At that moment everything seemed to stop. She knows I love to go out into the forest, it’s always been my favorite thing to do since I was a colt. Now she’s taking it away from me? As she opened the door it instantly slammed shut with such overwhelming force that the walls around it started to crack. She yelped in fear.

“No.”

She looked at me in surprise, her eyes widened and eyebrows raised. “What?” She asked in shock.

“My whole life I have been suffering mom. In school, the towns and cities, I can’t even enjoy a nice walk through Canterlot without someone looking at me in disgust! The outside world knows something is wrong with me, that I’m corrupt or something.” I took a deep breath and continued.

“You say that keeping me here is for everypony’s safety, so they can live happy lives. But what about ME mom?! Have you ever considered the fact that I was happy? Because I’m not!” It felt like the evil within me was slowly draining away, these feelings I’ve kept for so long are finally being revealed. I could feel tears soaking my fur, my cheeks were probably bathed in dark red from my blood by now but I didn’t care.

She looked horrified, I could tell she was ashamed of herself for finally figuring this out. She opened her mouth to speak but no words escaped from her. I knew she dared not try to apologize because she knew that there was no way I would be forgiving her right now. I just wanted to get away from her, away from here.

“I... I need to go mom.”

I could tell from her eyes that I scarred her deeply, so many years of love and caring. Only to lose her son just like she lost her husband. It pained me as well, but I know I needed to do this.

“W-where will you go?” Was the only question she could ask. I could see the tears starting to form on her eyes as well.

“Anywhere but here. Please don’t try and stop me mother.” As I finished, I turned around to take my leave but I could hear her walking up behind me. My eyebrows furrowed as I gritted my teeth in rage.

“Honey please, wait! I made a huge mistake, let’s just talk abou-“

I don’t know what happened to me but it was like the monster inside me has finally been unleashed. I turned towards her and gave off a demonic roar so malicious and abhorrent, that it terrified even me. But not as much as it effected my mother.

She rapidly stumbled away from me and hit her back against the door. The terror in her eyes was like nothing I’ve seen before. It suddenly dawned on me, she has finally seen the darkness in my eyes again. The same darkness the she had hoped to never witness again, my true eyes. Eyes as black as the corrupted void itself, but my pupils. A hideous crimson red iris followed by snakelike pupils as unnatural as the entity I am now.

She now sees the monster... that I truly am.

The amount of guilt that weighed upon me was plaguing my mind, it’s time I left.

“I’m sorry.”

Those were my final words. I ran. I ran faster than I have ever ran in my life. I never looked back. I went to the one place I could think of, a place where I could maybe find solace. My speed was unnatural, I achieved what no other pony could not. What would take hours to accomplish was done in only a few seconds, and there I was. I gazed at the magnificence of the Canterlot royal castle itself. The sky was crying as it’s tears started pouring throughout Equestria. I quickly used this time to wash the blood from my cheeks.

After a few minutes I approached the castle doors with caution after seeing two members of the royal guard standing in front keeping a tight watch of the perimeter. They seemed to have notice me as their bodies straightened in perfect bearing and grasped their spears. But they did not use them in a threatening way, not yet at least.

“Halt citizen, what brings you here?!” The guard on the left asked, demanding an answer. I honestly didn’t know what to say, why am I here? I never planned this far ahead.

After a moment of a silence they positioned themselves in a combat ready stance, pointing their spears directly at me instantly.

“State your purpose now or we will have no choice but to use force against you!” Say something you idiot! Why am I just standing here like a complete moron! As I was about to explain the castle doors opened revealing it to be none other than the sun goddess herself. Princess Celestia.

“Stand down and let him through, I wish to speak with him.” Her voice intimidated me greatly, she used it with such authority that the guards immediately stood at attention and gave me space to pass.

“Yes your majesty!” They both responded, daring not to disobey her order. I didn’t even have to use my power to know that these guards were scared to death. It was clearly shown through their helmets.

The princess offered me a warm smile and motioned for me to come inside. I hesitated at first, but what else was I going to do? It’s pouring relentlessly, I’m tired, but most of all, I was stressed. I just needed to talk to somepony about it. After a few moments I nodded and headed inside, giving one last look to the guards. I felt bad for them standing out there in the rain, but it was their job. For that they have my respect.

As Celestia closed the door I was admiring the remarkable scenery before me. I never got to be inside the castle before, it’s even more beautiful than I imagined. Before I could even describe the details around me, Princess Celestia gently put a hoof on my shoulder. I looked up at her and smiled. Something about the sun princess made me feel warm inside, like a burst of pure light was cleansing the corruption inside me. I felt safe.

“I see your enjoying the decor, this is a place that I value deeply. So it’s only fair that I keep it looking perfect. But I know you didn’t come just to admire the castle, why have you come here? And please believe me that there is nothing to be afraid of, your perfectly safe here.”

I knew that there was no point in lying, she could probably sense it almost instantly. For her allowing me to come here, it’s only right that I tell her the truth about everything.

“I need help your majesty, it all happened so fast. I... I don’t know what to do. I feel like I’m just not fit to be in this world, like everything will be better off if I’m dead.” There was sadness in her magenta colored eyes. She offered me a hug which I happily accepted. The warmness of her body made me completely forget about my cold drenched fur.

“You would not be better off dead, what’s your name young one?” She asked.

“E-Eclipse.” I replied, still shivering from the freezing rain.

“How about this Eclipse, I’ll take you to one of the bedrooms available and you’ll be more than welcome to stay here for as long as you want. Then tomorrow morning I can make you the best pancakes in Equestria and you can tell me everything that you’re comfortable with sharing. How does that sound?” She offered with a grin, showing off her perfect pearl white teeth.

I was surprised beyond belief. It just seemed to good to be true. This amount of kindness towards me was only shown from my mother, even Twilight. I started to think that maybe everything was going to be alright.

“I-I don’t know what to say, thank you your majesty.”

The princess shook her head and waved a hoof in front of her. “Oh please, enough of the formalities, just call me Celestia.”

I laughed and nodded. “Thank you...Celestia.”

She escorted me to one of the many rooms available. As soon I entered, my body immediately plopped onto the soft warm bed. I shut my eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

I heard Celestia giggle behind me. She wished me good night and closed the door allowing darkness to engulf the room. Only the moon shining through the window offered a source of light.

I was a part of the darkness in this room and the shadows knew it.

Will the light accept me?