• Published 13th Aug 2012
  • 1,409 Views, 22 Comments

serenity under the night sky - flutterguy54123



this is a ship between twilight and an oc of mine

  • ...
11
 22
 1,409

chapter 16

Chapter 16

In the royal library Princess Luna towers over peaces of parchment and about twenty books. Groaning from frustration she begins rubbing her temples with her forehooves. After several times of repeating this process she hears hoof steps coming from behind her. Completely frazzled she turns to face Thunder about to cast him down to the center of Equestria before she realizes it is him.

“Prince Thunder! Oh thank Tia it's you. I assume you already know about the situation. I have been trying to find a loop hole ,but I'm not as talented as you are at bending the rule's.” Looking over Thunder sees that everything he asked for is on the table in front of his aunt.

“Aunt Luna could you take all of this to the room? I don't want certain pony's to know my process.” Nodding she teleports all the letters and books into the room of secrets with the table they were sitting on. Hearing hoof steps behind him Thunder turns around to find a guard accompanied by a white stallion with a black and red mane. Trotting up to the princess of the night the lunar stallion begins speaking.

“Princess Luna please forgive my intrusion but this stallion here says that he knows you.” Looking at the white alicorn Luna's pupil's widen covering her whole eye. With shortness of breath the dark blue princess begins speaking.

“Broken Arrow? I.... I thought you were dead! When you disappeared I....” Unable to finish her sentence the princess of the night begins crying. Turning to her nephew Luna tries to talk.

“If you can find a loop hole for you will you try to find one for us?” A confused looks comes to the prince's face that only mimics the one on Broken Arrow's.

“Aunt Luna what do you mean. I've never even seen this stallion before. Who is he?” Facehoofing herself she begins speaking.

“It was a long time ago before you were born. I was looking for my true love, just like you. However Tia told me we were only allowed to date the nobility. By that time I had fallen in love with a handsome stallion, a commoner. Not knowing what to do we separated. I have regretted that day my entire life. Anyways the next day I received news that there was an accident in the countryside. When I didn't hear from him I assumed he was dead. Of course I did search for him but I never could find him.” Glancing over to the stallion Thunder waits for an explanation.

“Prince Thunder after I discovered the law I tried to find a way to... bypass it ,but I couldn't knowing that we could never be together I went into hiding. The reason I have resurfaced is because I have finally found a way. Do you remember Princess Celestia offering a reward for your safe return?” Nodding his head Thunder begins thinking the same thing as the white alicorn.

“Since I returned on my own accord I have the right to name my own prize. You want me to use the reward to make you part of the nobility. Is that correct? There is something you have overlooked though. I could use that to make Twilight part of the nobility. How are both of you going to be elevated?” Hanging his head in desperation the white stallion answers.

“You can't. Celestia would only elevate one of us. One prize one pony.” Looking at the clock Thunder notices the time.

“I'm sorry can we continue this later I have an appointment at three. Aunt Luna I think this conversation should be held in the room. I will try to be back as soon as possible.” Teleporting out of the room Luna looks over to her former coltfriend.

“Before he returns you have a lot of explaining to do. So you better start talking.” In Manehattan inside Tiponys Thunder looks over his purchase.

“Everything is just as I requested. Are there any additional fees?” Shaking her head no the salesmare just stares at the prince.

“W.... would you like a box your Hines?” Rolling his eyes he nods yes.

“I'm sorry if I seam cross ,but I really must be going. Would you be able to move a bit faster?” Cowering down the salesmare hurriedly prepares the ring.

“T.. t.. there you are. I'm sorry for moving so slow. A pony like you must have more important things to do than just stand around waiting on a nopony like me.” Hearing this Thunder looks up at the full grown unicorn.

“Why that's simply remarkable. I've lived almost five hundred years and never have I met a nopony before. Everypony I've ever met was always important from farmer's to store clerks. It's a pleasure to meet you.” Glancing over at the clock he continues speaking.

“I would really love to stay and chat ,but it seem I'm late for a very important date.” Levitating the jewelry box into his saddle bag Thunder teleports to Cloudsdale. After trotting down the street some he finds the school for young fliers. Upon entering the one room cloud building a hush falls over the entire class. Trotting over to the desk he sees that he is the only adult in the establishment. Standing there in awkward silence for about a minute a young light blue filly raises her hoof and begins speaking.

“Um.... Mister Teacher are we going to get started?” Looking over the class he sees Scootaloo waving her hooves in the direction of the door trying to get him to leave.

“Uh.... yes class my name is Professor Flicker ,but before we start it seams we have a little orange clown among us.” With a few murmurs the class zeros in on Scootaloo. Having all the attention one her she starts string at her father.

“Little filly please join me outside. I believe your parents would want to know how you've been acting since I entered the room.” The class begins filling with oooooo's and aaaaaaah's as the little princess trots out the door. Outside Scootaloo turns to face her father and begins speaking.

“Did you half t'do that? You could have just poked your head in and asked for me come outside.” Raising an eyebrow the prince looks over his daughter.

“You made your horn invisible which means you don't want special attention. This was the only way I could make you come outside for us to talk privately. Now I have some very important questions to ask you ,and I want your honest opinion. Remember don't lie to me cause I can always tell.” Nodding her head the little orange princess waits for the first question.

“Scootaloo........ do you like Twilight?” Giving a confuse look she scratches the back of her head. Pondering for a moment before she answers.

“Well, She's kinda an egg-head. She's never been mean to me. Unless you count the time she almost caused everypony to go crazy over that ugly doll ,but I don't so ya. Why do you want to know?” Feeling his throat constrict he levitates the solid teal box with a white bow out of his saddlebag.

“Now don't give your hopes up it's not for you.” Making sure that his can put the ribbon back on he carefully removes the ring from the box.

“Do you know what this is?” Giving him a look of surprise and annoyance she begins speaking with a very cheerful tone.

“You're gonna ask her to marry you! Does this mean I half to call her mom? Cause that would be a little weird. Well at first but after a while I wouldn't mind it so much.” Giving a little chuckle he places the ring back in the box and ties the ribbon back on.

“Not if you don't want to Angel ,but that will also be up to Twilight. Remember I haven't asked her yet. To tell you the truth I'm scared out of my wits end. Oh and something happened today. Let me put it this way I'm still a prince ,and I will need it very quiet tonight if I'm going to pull this off. Now for another very important question. Why are you and the other student's at school thirty minutes early?” The little filly's mouth falls in disbelief.

“It doesn't start till three thirty! What the hay am......” She stops speaking when she looks up seeing a stone cold stare coming from her father.

“Young lady there is no way in Equestia I am going to let you speak like that. Consider this a warning next time I hear you swear you will have your mouth washed out with soap, understand?” Slowly nodding her head she takes a large gulp.

“Good now get back to class because I don't think that the other students are going to by that I was just talking to you about behavior this long.” Trotting back into the room Thunder begins talking to the class.

“Ok class since all of you are early it is clear that there has been a lack in communication. I am not your teacher ,and your school does not start till three thirty. However I did not lie to you I am a teacher I just teach the more.............. advanced classes. Enjoy your break until your teacher arrives.” After finishing his sentence Thunder leaves the room just as a humungous roar erupts through out the building.

“I feel sorry for that teacher. They have a lot of work ahead of them. Scootaloo will probably talk their ear off about Rainbow Dash. Maybe next year I will let her try out. Anyways time to go back to the castle.” His horn begins glowing with a burgundy aura ,and moments later he is in the room.

“Arrow do you think it will work?” Seeing the flash of light Luna turns to face Thunder.

“Ok there is no point in you teleporting in here all the time. The secret to opening the door is to step on the button.” Giving her a confused look his aunt demonstrates by clearing the smoke away and stepping on a button on the ground. An annoyed look comes to the prince's face.

“You mean I have been searching for a spell thinking it was some sort of magic ,and it was just a button!” Giving a huff he continues speaking.

“What have you come up with you were saying something when I came in.” Thinking over their plan they begin to spin a web of deception.

“Thunder after reading the contract we found a flaw that star swirl overlooked. It says Celestia will not allow anypony to advance in stature. It never says that I can not elevate a family or anything. This contract was made before I was of age there for it does not apply to me.” A large grin comes to Luna's face as she waits to see what Thunder thinks.

“So it only apply's to Mother? If that is the case then we can do this.” Turning to Broken Arrow he continues speaking.

“I need you to come with me. If I'm going to ask Mother to make you part of the nobility she needs to know that you're alive.” Trotting toward the button Thunder presses it making the large door open. In the throne room Celestia and Solaris sit going over their daily duties. Hearing the door open they turn to face their son and Broken Arrow.

“Mother I have found a way, but there is a matter of business that need to be discussed. When I first went to Ponyville you sent out a reward for my safe return. I am here to make my demands.” A look of shock comes to the pristine goddess's face.

“You returned on your own accord that voided the contract.” Shaking his head thunder looks over to the white hooded stallion beside him who is holding up the contract in question.

“It says right here anypony that returns Prince Thunder Flicker safe and unharmed is to name their reward. No questions asked. I returned myself safe and unharmed. I want this stallion to be elevated to the status of the nobility, and to keep with your law Father is to be the one that will elevate him. You gave your right to make a pony part of the upper class. The rest of us are free to do as we wish.” In complete shock Lucien goes through the procedure of raising his status. Still not sure what happened Celestia begins speaking.

“Why would you make him part of the nobility and not Twilight? Now the two of you can not be together.” A little tired from not having enough sleep Luna enters the room.

“Because according to a law we made years upon years ago I can not elevate a pony just because I'm in love with them.” Looking back at him the princess of the sun begins to see what is going on.

“So Thunder uses his free pass to make him part of the nobility and you make Twilight part of the nobility in return?” All three pony's not sitting on a throne nod their heads yes. Looking over them Celestia sees a small box in her sons unlatched saddlebag.

“Thunder, did you already buy the ring?” Not giving him time to answer she levitates the teal box over to herself. Focusing very hard she teleports the ribbon of the box so not to disturber the way it is tied. Opening it she gasps at the sheer beauty of the gem. Turning to her husband she begins speaking.

“Well it looks like he didn't inherit your taste in jewelry.” Giving a huff Solaris begins staring down his son for upstaging him.

“Mother if you don't mind I would like to tell Twilight the good news.” Groaning she puts the lid back on the box and makes the ribbon fit back on perfectly. Placing it in his saddlebag he begins going through the process of turning into a unicorn. About half way through Celestia begins speaking.

“Tell Twilight I'm sorry for everything that I have done.” Trowing off his thought pattern of what he wanted to look like He blotches the spell. Rubbing his head he sighs in relief at still having his horn ,but everypony in the room just stares at him not saying a word. After way to long of the awkward silence lingering Luna begins speaking.

“I don't think you want to see Twilight like that.......... Beautiful Stiletto.” At hearing the last two words Thunder gives his aunt a confused look ,while the entire room erupts in laughter. In an alto voice the prince begins speaking.

“What do you me........” After hearing his voice the prince begins panicking. Rushing around the room he tries to find a mirror. After searching every nook and cranny of the room he gallops into the hall. Quickly locating a bathroom he stares at his reflection in horror.

“I'm...... a mare!” In the mirror a dark purple unicorn with a pink mane and cerulean eyes stare back at herself, as she tries to make since of the situation.

“Ok......” Hearing her feminine voice it distracts her for a moment. Aggravated beyond all account she begins speaking with a very pristine tone that sounds a lot like a singer's voice.

“So I'm a mare. This sucks ponyfeather.” Outside the door she hears her mother's voice.

“Now that in no way for a lady to speak.” Ignoring her she exits the room. Hoping to reach the end of the hall before her mother. The princess spreads her invisible wings and darts toward her old room. With being a mare and a smaller pony than Celestia she reaches her old room and locks the door.

“What the hay am I going..... What am I going to do?! I never thought that for even a second I could switch gender's. Maybe if I try it again I can fix what went wrong. With her horn glowing burgundy she becomes encased in a cocoon, only to have it fall apart for lack of concentration.

“I can't focus on the spell because I'm in a mare's body!” Laying down on her old bed she begins crying. Hearing this her mother unlocks the door with her magic and trots over. In a smooth and motherly tone she begins speaking.

“Oh now it's not that bad my little filly. You may look like a mare but..... but..... I don't know what to say. This is a new one on me. Just to let you know if you were born a filly and not a colt I'm sure you would have still been just as special. I do have a question though. Are you having any..... non-normal urges?” Looking up at her mother she wipes her eyes.

“No! My brain didn't switch just my body. I'm a mare now I can cry if I want to.” Looking down at her daughter Celestia wipes a fresh tear from her cheek.

“My little princess weather your a stallion or a mare you are always going to be my little foal, and know mother wants to see her foal sad. I bet you could agree with me on that. Now dry those tears your a confident strong mare and don't let anypony tell you otherwise. Until you change back if not they will think you're weird.” Giving a slow nod the purple mare buries her face in Celestia's chest giving her a large hug.

“Thank you mother. Could you have the foals brought here tonight? I'm to tired to even try to change again. I doubt that I could make it home.” Nodding Celestia gives her daughter a kiss on the head and goes to exit the room only to remember something.

“Oh did you want me to still call you Thunder or would you like to be called by the name we were going to give you if you were a filly, Lavender Flake.” Receiving only a high pitch groan Celestia smiles.

“Goodnight Princess Lavender Flake pleasant dreams.” Not liking the sarcasm Princess Lavender throws a pillow at her mother. In the hall Lucien stares down his wife.

“I know you always wanted a daughter, but this is just wrong. Not to mention sick. How could you not offer to help him.” Rolling her eyes Celestia approaches her husband.

“Don't worry he will be back to a stallion tomorrow. He just needs his rest. Which means I have plenty of time to take photo's. Well see if he tries to blackmail me with embarrassing pictures again. Oh and now I have something that he can't denie. Seeing a flash come from under the door Solaris inches it open.

“Thunder? Are you ok?” in a masculine voice the prince replys to his father.

“I over heard your conversation with Mother. Lets just say I found more of a motivation to correct my mistake.” Seeing that her fun is ruined Celestia trots away with a sad face talking to herself.

“I was going to take him shopping. There is a lovely dress at the store the would have fit him perfectly.” Rolling his eyes Lucien trots into Thunder's room ,but is shocked at seeing him still a mare. Closing the door behind him the prince begins speaking.

“You shouldn't lie to your mother, but I am a little curious how did you change your voice?” Trotting up to him the princess begins speaking in her girly voice.

“I know Father, but I had to do something she was going to get the camera. And I used this toy. It's Butterscotch's, check it out.” With her magic she levitates the megaphone up to her mouth and begins speaking in a masculine voice.

“Lucky for me my son doesn't clean up his toys.” Shaking his head Lucien goes to give her a noogie, but stops mid way through.

“Son..... this is weird. I'm just glad you did trick your Mother. She was wanting to take you shopping for dresses.” Both pony's starts shuttering at the thought of having to go through that. Back in her high pitch voice Lavender begins speaking.

“Father..... please don't tell the foals or Twilight this is embarrassing enough. It would probably scar Scootaloo for life. I don't even want to think of what Twilight would think.” Rolling his eyes Lucien stares down his son/daughter.

“Thunder or would you like me to call you Lavender? Anyways if you have the spell written down couldn't another pony simply cast it?” With an annoyed look on her face Lavender Flake begins speaking.

“Call me by my name. To answer your question I don't think so. When performing the spell it takes extreme concentration. The only way I can get it right is if I focas on each part as I change them. I'll be back to normal tomorrow I just need to let my magic build back up. Mother said that she would bring the foals by will you let me know when they arrive?” Nodding his head Lucien begins speaking.

“I would suggest that you check on them yourself, but they would see your wings and horn..... maybe if I introduced you to them as the sister of Princess Cadence. Do you think they would buy it?” Thinking this over Lavender nods her head.

“Thank you Father. You know what would be weird? If this whole thing played pinball with my brain, and I started acting like a mare.” Giving a chuckle Lucien shakes his head as his daughter trots toward her desk.

“Father if I'm gong to propose to Twilight tomorrow I need to get things ready and my duties out of the way. So we can spend the whole day together.” Rolling his eyes Lucien leaves the princess alone, and returns to his wife. In the Carousel Boutique Twilight and Rarity sit talking over a warm cup of apple cider.

“You tolled Celestia what?! In a hundred years I never would have thought that you would say something so..... so....... well so strong. Twilight I'm sure if there is a way your prince will find it for you.” Shrugging her shoulders the lavender unicorn looks at her friend in desperation.

“Rarity he gave his right to the throne for us to be together, and that still didn't work. If there is a such thing as fate it sure doesn't like us.” Tired of her friend's pity party Rarity begins speaking.

“Twilight Star Sparkle if I were you I would thank Faust for the time you had with him! Now go find your stallion, and don't let anypony stand in your way!” Knowing that she is right Twilight stands up and trots out of the building with a determined look on her face.

“I'm going to be with Thunder if it's the last thing I do! I better go home Spike is probably worried.” With that the lavender mare make's for the Ponyville library.