• Published 2nd Jun 2023
  • 409 Views, 4 Comments

Parent's Day Assignment - CrimsonRose97



The Apple siblings recall what they remember of their parents for a school assignment.

  • ...
2
 4
 409

Chapter 1

The school bell rang inside of the Ponyville Schoolhouse. The young fillies and colts all clammored and giggled about their daily activities.

Sitting in the middle of the classroom, Applebloom was talking to her friends Scootaloo and Sweetiebelle about what to do after school.

“So, you guys got any plans?” Applebloom asked as she adjusted her bow with her hooves. “I’m up for pretty much anything.”

“Oh I can’t, my aunts Lofty and Holiday are taking me out to dinner and movies after school.” Scootaloo said. “I kinda don’t wanna miss that.”

“Okay, Sweetiebelle, what about you? We can try to make that dress design for yours again.” Applebloom suggested.

“Yeah I can’t, Applebloom. Ever since Mom had her accident and hurt her leg, I have to help out more until she gets better.” Sweetiebelle said.

“Is your dad helping?” Applebloom asked.

She nodded. “Yeah he’s been helping. However he’s not the best when it comes to the kitchen.”

“He can’t cook?”

“He turns hay bacon into soup, how does that happen??” Sweetiebelle waved her hooves in the air in emphasis.

Scoots and Bloom looked at each other for a moment before one of them asked, “So you got your cooking skills from him?” the two teased.

“Oh shush you two!” Sweetiebelle squeaked.

“Alright class, settle down, settle down now.” Miss. Cheerilee spoke once she trotted inside the classroom. “Good afternoon class.”

“Good afternoon, Miss. Cheerilee!” the class said in unison.

“Now, as you all know, Parent's Day is tomorrow. And in honor of that, I would like for you all to write me a memory. A memory of the most important two ponies of anypony’s life. Tell me what you can remember of your parents and present that to the class.”

Applebloom’s ears pinned down to her head when the teacher announced that.

“Um, Miss. Cheerilee?” The sound of a familiar rich pony’s voice made Applebloom’s skin crawl. She turned her head with the others to see Diamond Tiara raising her hoof up.

“Uh, yes, Diamond?” the teacher asked.

“Should Applebloom here be exempt from this assignment? It’s obvious she might fail it and it would be better if she skips this all together?” Diamond Tiara asked in a taunting tone.

“Why on earth would I exempt her on this assignment?”

“Because she doesn’t have parents so she can’t do the assignment.” Silver Spoon responded and the two girls laughed, high-hooving each other.

Applebloom frowned, lowering her head at that.

Sweetiebelle and Scootaloo console their friend before Scoots whips her head around and growls at her. “Hey! She does have parents. At least hers doesn’t wear a costume way past Nightmare Night.” She points a hoof over at Diamond Tiara.

“What are you talking about? My mom and dad don't wear costumes.” Diamond Tiara grunted.

“Yeah your mom does! With her rotten personality and jacked up nose, she’s a green paint away from becoming the Wicked Witch. With a spawn like you, you’re headed that way.”

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon gasped out loud.

“Well at least my parents didn’t abandon me.” DT Stuck her tongue out at the orange pegasi.

“I begged them to let me stay. My aunts are my moms and they are better than yours. At least they don't shrivel everytime water is spilt on them.” Scootaloo spat at them.

“Well at least ours are alive!” Silver Spoon snapped.

“Girls, girls that's enough, all of you.” Miss. Cheerilee stomped her hooves on the ground hard enough to break up the bickering. "Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, that was uncalled for, stop picking at Applebloom."

"Uh.. it's okay, Miss. Cheerilee. It's fine… " Applebloom muttered, giving her a reassured smile but the emotion didn't match her eyes.

Eventually the school day ended and all the colts and fillies ran out of the building, Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetiebelle were walking down the dirt road to the Apple Orchard.

"Don't listen to those two." Sweetiebelle said to her friend. "Spoiled rich brats are what they are."

"Those two make me so mad I just wanna sling mud at them." Scoots grunted.

"They ain't worth it" Applebloom said. "But I have a problem with this assignment. I don't remember anything about ma and pa. They died when I was really young. I don't have a single memory of them."

Sweetiebelle hummed. "Well, you can ask Big Mac and Applejack. They must have some memories of you and your parents. Granny Smith too." She suggested.

Applebloom nodded. "I don't really have a choice, I can't make something up. They have to have something about what I did with ma and pa."





Applebloom came home not long after that. Just in time to see Big Mac and Sugar Belle in the kitchen. Applebloom stopped moving and watched the two.

Sugar Belle was a few months pregnant and Big Mac was ecstatic to be a pa of his own. Sugarbelle was sitting in her chair while Mac was rubbing and nuzzling against her pregnant belly.

"Ooh I can't wait to meet you." Mac cooked, listening to the movement inside. When he felt something pressed against his face, he shook in excitement. "A kick! I think that was a kick! A strong one too!"

Since Sugar Belle announced the news, a switch was flipped in Big Mac, seeing how he exploded in joy to have a foal of their own and has literally been on baby duty, getting ready for their bundle of joy to come to this world.

Sugar Belle giggled. "Uh Mac, I think that was gas. It's too early to feel the baby kick."

Applebloom smirked. "Hey y'all." she announced herself as she entered the kitchen.

The couple looked up to see Applebloom coming in and chuckled. “Howdy sweetie, how was school?” Sugarbelle asked her young sister-in-law.

“It was fine, got an assignment,” Applebloom trotted over to the table, tossed her bag and hopped onto the chair. “How are you feeling, Sugarbelle?”

The pink unicorn glanced over at Big Mac who was still nuzzling their unborn kid. “I feel good, if I can have your big brother make me something to eat, that’s the reason why we're here in the first place.” She brushed Mac’s orange mane out of his face.

Big Mac kissed her belly, getting the hint and stood up, giving Sugar a peck on the cheek before going over to the stove.

“Think he’s a little too excited to be a pa?” Applebloom giggled.

“Eeyup!” Big Mac beamed in response as he began lighting up the stove, placed a pan on it and began whipping up some pancakes.

Applebloom nodded, opening her bag before pulling out her pencil and paper. “Hey, speaking of Pa, can I ask you something, Big Mac?”

“Eeyup?” Mac called out as he poured some batter into the pan and watched it sizzling.

“Well, I have a school assignment about parents. I don’t have any memories with ma and pa, I was wondering if you know of any memories of me with them?” Applebloom asked.

Big Mac froze when she asked. His ears fell flat when their parents were mentioned. “O-Oh?”

“Eeyup! You see, I don’t have much of a memory of them, just the stories I’ve heard but none of me spending time with them.

When Sugar Belle smelt the burnt pancakes, she used her magic to take the spatula out of her hubby’s hooves. “Go with your sister, I got this.” she said as she got off the chair and stood next to Mac.

“You sure?” Big Mac asked. Sugar Belle nodded before using her magic to dump the blackened pancakes in the garbage and proceeded to make a fresh batch.

“Run along now, help your sister.” She pats a Big Mac on the head and stands at the stove.

Big Mac nodded before silently walking over back to the table and sat next to Applebloom. “Okay sissy, whadda want to know?”

“Like I said, I want to know if you have any memories of ma and pa with me in them.” Applebloom said, getting ready to jot down anything. “Since you knew them the longest, I mean.”

Big Mac adjusted the harness on his neck as he tried to think of any memory of them.

“Any memory?” He asked.

“Any would do.” Applebloom said with a smile.

Big Mac hummed, scratching his chin as he dug through his mind. “Well, there is one memory I can recall about all of us, you included, went to the lake.” He let out a laugh as he was remembering that day. “That was a heck of a doozy day.”

“What happened at the lake?” Applebloom asked intrigued.

Author's Note:

I know it's a short intro but I promise the next chapters will be long