• Published 17th Jul 2019
  • 2,195 Views, 26 Comments

Roaring Winds and Rising Tides - vortex123



(Displaced) A young dragonslayer and water wizard find themselves in a familiar (the former) and unfamiliar (the latter) world.

  • ...
14
 26
 2,195

Drip Drip Drop

POV Zoey

I wake up to the sound of Mom calling me, saying it’s time for breakfast. With a sigh, I get up and get situated, going through the motions. Take shower, get dressed, brush teeth, the norm. After that’s done, I head down stairs and see my mom, and the little gremlin.

“Yo." I say, still a little tired and a bit hungover. So I had a few too many drinks, sue me.

“Hey sweetie, when did you get home last night?” Mom says in an obviously fake calm tone, which told me all I needed to know that this isn’t going to end well. She was wearing a button up purple shirt (her and my favorite color), light blue jeans (I was never one for fashion, but I think it clashed with each other) and black flip flops. I was about to answer, but the brat beats me to the punch.

“1:30 in the morning. I was going to the bathroom, and saw her come in." He says with that annoyingly sweet tone. I was already agitated, so that was the tipping point.

“YOU PEACE OF SH-!” I started to yell, before reeling back in pain as the loud noise makes my head hurt. Mom takes notice and drops the act.

“Are you hungover?” She seethes. I was about to deny it, but then remembered that she likes to test it by slamming the cabinets shut until either I break, or she’s convinced I’m telling the truth. And she’s pretty stubborn about these things, so I nod. As she lectures me (which takes about half an hour), I notice the brats smirks, most likely imagining the 'fun' he can do. After she’s done lecturing me about something to do with drinking (I’ve honestly stopped paying attention at this point), my 'sweet little brother’, as mom calls him, decided to see how far he could push me.

“HEY ZOEY!” He screams, much to my agony.

“What?” I asked with the glare I knew always sent a shiver down his spine. He powered through and continued.

“How’s your boyfriend?” He asked in a fake curious tone, he knew about my break up with that pig.

“We aren’t dating anymore, remember? I’ve got better things to do then deal with that jerk.” I say in a forcefully calm voice. Give him an inch, and he’ll take a mile.

“That’s a shame, but HEY, at least you don’t have to deal with him anymore.” He says with a smirk. ‘Did he really have to yell 'hey' like that?'

“Can you not yell? Kinda have a migraine here.” I groan, nursing my head.

“Well maybe that'll teach you not to drink. God knows how much trouble you’ve gotten into because of it.” Mom says with a frown. It took all my will power not to smirk at that. According to the guy that was hitting on me, I’ve got a great right hook.

"Well I’m sure you’ll find someone else to enter your temple.”....I know what he’s setting up, and if I don’t leave right now, Mom is going to have to explain to the police why her hungover daughter put her younger brother in the hospital.

“You know what? Fuck you, you little gremlin! I’m leaving.” I say, going to the front door.

“And where do you think your going, missy?” Mom asked, just as upset as she was earlier.

“Out, that brat can eat a dick.” I answered, not stopping.

“Jees , sor-“ I interrupted him with a “shut up”, and go out the door.


After a bit of time, I managed to calm down and realize I forgot to eat. Not wanting to go home yet, I go to the nearest food stop to grab a bite, and some water to hopefully get rid of the hangover (at least, I think it helps,never actually tried it before).

As I was looking, I stumbled on someone arguing on the phone. I go to investigate, no, I mean eavesdrop on him. What? I’m going to call it how it is.

“-Ok fine, I screwed up, big deal. I have a spare costume, so I’ll just try again, won’t be too hard...yes...yes I know but...listen it was my first attempt, you can hardly blame an amateur for messing up.” An aggravated voice says. When I’m close enough, I could make out a tall man in a brown mailer (I think that's what it's called) suit, though I have no clue what company he’s from. He takes notice of me and sighs. Before I could apologize, he takes out a clipboard.

“Zoey Smith I presume?” He asked, I nod. I did order a costume from my favorite anime, so I guess I didn’t see the red flags. ”Yeah sorry, but there was a mixup, and your package was delivered to someone else. But I did bring another costume just to see if I could sell it. Since there was a mixup, I’ll give it to you, with your silence as payment."

Taking a look inside I’m surprised at the quality. It was a knee-high black dress coat with four symmetrically placed gold buttons on the chest area. The coat has fur trimmings around the sleeve cuffs and neck. There was a matching Black Russian-style hat with a gold butterfly clip to match the buttons attached to the fur trimming on the hat. A dark brown belt that looks nice with the outfit. To complete the look, there are dark brown, thigh-high boots. It was Juvia Lockser's outfit around the Grand Magic Games.

"All right, just let me try it on. If it doesn't fit I could probably just give it to one of my friends." Looking around, I spot a public bathroom I could change in. A few moments later, I come back out feeling a bit off, but ignore it. "Ok it fits. So how do I look?"

"You tell me." He says, pride clear in his voice, as he brought out a body sized mirror out of…I don't fuckin know.

"Where the hell-wait, when did my hair turn blue? It's supposed to be blonde." I asked, wondering if I'm somehow still drunk.

Before I could think of an explanation, everything goes black.


POV Wendy

After finally calming down, I hear it raining outside. Going over to the window, I take a peek outside. After a few moments, I spot someone laying down in my yard. Rushing outside, I take the poor thing inside and started the fire place (which I apparently have). Making a mental note to actually check the house out later, I turn toward my new guest, who seems to have woken up.

"......"

"......"

"Morning." I decided to break the awkward silence.

"Wendy!?!" She asked, before jumping and putting a hand on her throat.

"Sup Juvia, yeah the voice thing takes a bit to get used to. At least that's what I've been telling myself. Why don't we get to know each other, and figure out where to go from there." You know, I probably should have handled that better. When I think about, her reaction was justified.

Author's Note:

Felt Wendy was too calm of a character, so introducing Juvia! Hopefully she can balance her out.