• Published 13th Aug 2012
  • 1,264 Views, 4 Comments

Choice of Differences - Artie Downer



Fix 'Er Up is got in a place no stallion wants to be. A love triangle...

  • ...
2
 4
 1,264

Classical

It's been about two days since my encounter with Vinyl and I really hope I see her again.

As I'm working on this new house in lower Ponyville, I hear a voice behind me.

"Hey, do you know where Fix 'Er Up is? I can't find him anywhere in this damn construction area."

I turn around and there she is in all her living, sexy glory. I mock and say, "Duh, I dunno anypony named that 'round these parts. Duuuuuh."

Vinyl snickers at my joke and jabs me in the shoulder. It actually kinda hurt. "Always the joker, eh?"

"Well, I'm not sure I should be called that on account I've never told you a joke in my life, eh Vinyl?"

She laughs at this and leans a bit closer to me. "You know, I really did have fun the other night. And I think you're a really cool colt. Maybe we could..." she wraps her foreleg around me. "...Catch up?"

I decide to play in with the whole naughty-talk bit. "Yeah, that does sound... acceptable." I lower her sunglasses, which she still wears, and look in to her red eyes. "Celestia, I love those eyes of yours. They're like a red sea."

Vinyl chuckles at this a bit. "Uh, I never heard that before. But maybe some time later, you can look at these two beauties all you want."

"I like the idea of that."

We stare into each others eyes smiling pervertedly until something snaps inside of me. "Wait, what about your roommate? The ever-famous cock-blocker?"

Vinyl's eyes widen until she says, "Oh, don't worry about her. I'll take care of it."

"How?"

She stifles a laugh. "You're not that smart, are you?" She leans in it and whispers in my ear. "We'll just do it at your place."

I stare at Vinyl for a while. "... Oooooooooooh. That's right."


Vinyl lowers herself next to me as we finish satisfying each other. We're panting like mad and she gives me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Wow, that was great."

"Yeah, not too bad for an amateur, eh?"

She smiles seductively and says, "Oh, trust me. You're a lot better than some... veterans that I've met."

I slant one of my eyebrows. "What does that mean?"

Vinyl looks nervous now. "What? I'm just saying... I've just had a lot of experience in this sort of thing."

I straighten myself up against my bed post. "So... how many have you had?"

"Umm... four?"

"Four!?"

Now she looks mad. "Hey, listen! Those guys from before, they don't mean anything to me." She leans herself against my chest. "Besides... you're different. Those other stallions, they weren't anything special, you know. Fixer, I actually like you."

I smile at her. She pretty much confessed to me. I nuzzle against her head. "Well, that certainly makes me feel better, doesn't it?"

She nuzzles back. "You know it."

We kiss each other lovingly.


"Hey, I was thinking..."

I reply, "What is it?"

"Well, I just don't think we've ever been on a date. You know, like a date date."

"Oh..."

"So, I was just thinking. Maybe we could have dinner somewhere. Like, your place."

"Uhh..." I scratch my head against the back of my head. The last time I cooked, the pink pony baker got sick and threw up on me. I did get free cupcakes out of it, though.

Vinyl leans her head and asks, "What? You're too scared to cook for your marefriend?"

"Actually, yes."

Vinyl pauses for a minute and starts laughing her flank off. I love her laugh so much. It was cute and contagious, that is to say.

"Well, what about my place?"

"Your place? What about Madame Cock-blocker?"

She giggles again. "Oh, don't worry about her. I told her about you, ya know?"

Now I was confused. "You told her about me?"

"Yeah. Like, you're not one of those one-night stands like before." She wraps one of her forelegs around me. "And that you're sweet and nice and different..."

I joke, "What, all that but I'm not sexy?"

Vinyl laughs at this a bit. "Oh, I'll tell Octavia how sexy you are later..." She plants a kiss on my cheek again.


I walk into the house looking for Vinyl. The place is more clear since I wasn't stumbling through it in the dark with a crazy mare or running out from an even crazier mare.

On my right is the kitchen with a set up table for a rather fancy dinner and probably fancier night. To my left is the living room with two couches and a bookshelf right next to the window. The staircase is right in front of me and is the only thing keeping the kitchen and the living room from basically being the same room.

I walk over to the bookshelf out of pure curiosity. I gaze at the bindings to see if I recognized any titles. Marezart: A Life and Beethoofen: The Music and the Life. There are nothing but music books on this entire shelf.

I walk away as I hear a voice coming from upstairs. "Fixer, are you here!?"

I yell back, "Yeah, I'm here! Is that you, Vinyl!?"

I get a sarcastic answer. "No, it's Princess Luna here to take you to the land of fairies and gumdrops!"

"Oh, OK. That makes sense."

Despite my sarcasm, I hear a chuckle. "All right, I'll be right down. I just gotta put this stupid thing on! You came early, you know!"

I reply, "Well, I wanted to surprise you!"

"Well, you failed miserably, you dork! Now just wait a second and I'll be right with you."

The Vinyl/Madame Cock-blocker household still interests me, so I went up the stairs to look around.

On the second floor, there are three doors. I'm guessing one of them was for Vinyl and her room mate, but I don't what the other one is for. I head over to the nearest door on the right to see what's inside. I open it and pear inside.

The room is painted red with handles on the walls holding burning candles. There were bookshelves among bookshelves that were separated by the candles. A fireplace is at the very end of the wall with actual fire in it and a bed adjacent to it.

Right in the middle is a gray mare standing on her hind legs playing the cello. And it's beautiful. I stand right outside the room and take in these lovely notes. It's as the song is talking to me. It just sounds so wonderful.

"Hey! What are you doing!?"

The music stops and I open my eyes. Right in front of me is a different gray mare who isn't playing the cello, but instead is staring me in the face with the eyes of a dragon.

"I asked you a question. What were you doing in my room?" She sounds pissed beyond all imagination.

"Uhh..." is all I can muster.

" 'Uhh' is not an answer!"

OK, now I'm scared. "M-maybe I could give you answer is you weren't yelling at me..." How pathetic I am, letting this mare scare my like this.

I hear a sigh and open my eyes. I now see a different gray mare with her arms cross and with an almost genuine look of regret in her eyes.

"All right... I'm sorry I yelled at you. I just don't like people in my room."

I start getting my cool back. "Well, I wasn't really in your room. I was just peeking in."

"Do you want me to start yelling at you again?"

"No! It just that... um, I looked inside and heard your music. And I thought it was just... really good. Like, beautiful, you know?"

The gray mare strikes a look at me. "W-what?"

"Um... your music? The thing you just played on your cello? I just really really like. It might just be the best thing I've ever heard."

Now, a new gray mare appears before me. One that seems more timid and kind. "You-you really think that way? You like it?"

I reply to this gray mare. "Yeah, it's way better than all the other stuff I've heard. I mean, all the songs they play at clubs are just blaring noise. I think the music you play had, like, heart or something like that."

"Wow... that's very nice to say."

"Yeah. Oh, by the way, my name is Fixer 'E-"

"Fixer, I'm ready! Are you downstairs!?"

I turn around to the source of the noise from the the farthest room down the hallway.

"Uh, no! I'm right up here."

I see Vinyl walk out her room. And she looks stunning. She's wearing a tight, neon blue dress and red high heels. Her hair isn't as messy looking as normal and is kind of parted to the side. She isn't wearing her shades. Her deep, deep red eyes are visible.

She sticks her tongue out at me. "How do I look?"

"... Gorgeous."

She pouts. "What, is that all? No, 'you look damn sexy'?"

I blush a little and say, "Yeah. You look sexy too."

She brightly grins. "Thanks! Oh, did you get to meet Octavia?"

The gray mare replies. "Why... yes, Vinyl. We were just introducing each other." She nudges my shoulder.

"Uh, yeah! I was just looking for ya, and she walked out of her room and saw me. Then we started talking."

Vinyl makes her way to the gray mare, or Octavia, and says, "So, Octy, tell me. Is my colt the 'shameless, perverted prostitute of a colt' you said he was when you chased him out?"

Now Octavia was blushing, "Why, most certainly not!" She looks at me and says "I think he's... quiet the gentlecolt."

Vinyl laughs and says, "Well, now that we all know and love each other, let's eat!"


I left after dinner. In the middle of it, Vinyl got a visitor from her club and was told she had to write something for next week. In the end, I had to go because she had to go work on her music and we didn't do it. Octavia and I said goodbye.

I'm lying in my bed. I'm confused right now. I felt something when I first heard that music from Octavia's cello. I'm not sure what I want now.

All of a sudden, I hear a knock on the door. I get out of my bed and head for it. As I reach the doorknob, I grab a baseball bat, just in case.

I open the door and there she is. The gray mare. Octavia.

"Octavia? What are you doing here?"

I don't get a response. Instead, the gray mare walks a few steps towards me. Her eyes are facing the ground and I can't see them.

"Octavia, I'm gonna ask this again. What are you do-" My sentence never gets out as another pair of lips press against my own.

The lips leave as I hear a voice squeak from her. "I-I... I just wanted to say... thanks for liking my music so much."

I'm still in shocked as to what as just happened, so I replied, "Um... you're welcome?..."

Octavia turns around and whispers, "If you ever... um... wanna get together..." Even in the dark, I could still the blush on the gray mare's face. She runs away before completing her sentence.

I have no idea what just happened or what I feel about it.