• Published 15th Jan 2013
  • 1,003 Views, 16 Comments

Hope's Elements - NeonVibeBrony



Theres more to the worlds elements than friendship. When things become dark, friendship can not always pull through. Hope, can.

  • ...
2
 16
 1,003

Country Side

She awoke to the sound of birds, the morning sun shot through the windowpane, and spread out across her blanket.

"Hello?" spoke Fluttershy, she remembered the people she had met yesterday, and needed to see there faces to make sure completely, that they where not a dream.

"God dag." Spoke the deep, scratch voice. Obviously Spark Buck. "Um... God dag?" Fluttershy spoke, tilting her head, the tone of her voice indicating this was in fact a question.

"Oh, i'm not from around here" Spark Buck looked out a window longingly as he said this.

"Where are you from?" Fluttershy asked. Suddenly though, the large stallion looked down to the floor upon these words.

"Oh! i'm sorry... I didn't mean to offend you!" Fluttershy spoke reassuringly.

"I know that... Its just. Not to sure where i did come from... Where i was raised? that's a different story." His face looked up, and his cheeks held a smile, ear to ear.

"Oh, alright. Where were you raised then?" Fluttershy asked, her head once again tilted, her tone back to her normal, soft way.

"Boar way." This struck Fluttershy quite oddly. She had heard of that place, through the Ponyville news paper. A long while back, Boarway closed its borders to anyone coming in, or coming out. Way before Fluttershy was born, though she did find that paper in her grandmothers box's of old things. The stallion looked older than Fluttershy, but not by much. how could he of grown up there, and end up here?

"you don't have to be so quiet. I know its a shock if you know about the border closing." Said Buck.

"oh! I'm so sorry, i just.." Fluttershy was stopped by the gesture of a friendly hoof, belonging to Buck.

"its fine, miss. Its fine. See, Boarway is the country of boars. An evolved version of the pig, just as sentient as you and I. but they are fearless, and gruesome. And will do anything for themselves, hold the feelings of any other race." Spoke Buck.

"except for two, very close boars." Spoke the stallion. "Thora, and Thorkir." The stallion looked out the window again. "I was raised by them, i don't know who my parents where. When the Boarriors, the guards of Boarway, came to the house, they would hide me. i learned a fair bit on how to use gunpowder, hence the picture of smoke on my flank." He finished. Fluttershy was quiet for along time. But finally, she broke the silence.
"How did you get out?" she asked. The stallion looked at her with a fierce, angry face. She pulled back at that moment. but his face then went calm, and saddened.

"I.... don't want to talk about it.." He murmured. It sounded oddly familiar to Fluttershy, but she put it out of her mind. they both sat there quietly, until once again, Fluttershy broke the silence.

"Where are Light, and Chase?" Fluttershy said questioningly.

"You are full of questions, aren't you miss?" spoke Buck, quite jokingly.

Fluttershy chuckled "sorry, didn't mean to swamp you with them." Replied Fluttershy "but i am still wondering where they are?

"They are off working in the fields. This here, is a farm settlement. They wont be back for awhile, why don't you have a look around? talk to Grandy." Buck spoke. This caught Fluttershy oddly, as she realized there must be other people if this was a town. Her mind was not fully working with her after all that has happened, but it seems that it was going back to a composed and calm stature.

"Who is grandy?" asked Fluttershy. Buck chuckled.

"another question? haha." Buck smiled "He is the one who is in charge of the town, the mayor of sorts. Takes care of me, Light, and Chase. Since we where little ones. None of us really know our parents, except Chase who ran away because of all the hatred and unhappiness in the Hooviet Union islands. And don't ask me anything about Chase or Light, cause' i don't know. We don't usually like to talk about our past, and things that had gone on then.. Let me just say that there's a lot of reasons why we are here, and not back where we belonged." He said this with pride, but also with deep sadness. He then stood up, with a grunt. "I have to go work on something in the fields as well. Getting the old tools back to tip top shape. Why don't you go find some more friends?" Buck spoke as he put on a cotton vest, grimed with dirt and other unknown things, and walked out the door. Fluttershy was alone. She sat there for awhile planning what to do, but after awhile a sound of whistling was heard from the room past a door- or what was suppose to be a door. A sheet hung from the top of the door frame. She pulled it aside, and looked through to see an old stallion, sitting slumpily in a rocking chair, whistling through a pipe. His hair was a deep grey, and his skin showed ware from days past, most likely working on a farm. But there was also an odd scar, on the old pony's cheek. Quite odd, Fluttershy thought.

"h...Hello?" Fluttershy whispered, barely audible. The man looked up in his chair, and began to look side to side.

"What! who, where? who said that! is it those critters trying to steal my orange's again!" the old man finished. Fluttershy took a few steps back, scared from the old ponies words.

"Um.. No sir, its just Fluttershy!" Fluttershy said in a squeaky voice, the kind she had when she was nervous, scared, and many other negative emotions.

"What was that? Fruiter fly's?" spoke the old pony. He reached for his glass's, but ended up picking up a pen. Before the old pony, who she know suspected was Grandy, had jabbed it into his eye, she reached out and knocked it out of his hoof, swiftly and cleanly.

"oh! my glass's!" spoke the old man. "You'ought to be ashamed of your self young sir! knocking the glass's out of an old pony's hoof like that... Pfft." He spoke. Fluttershy felt bad, but also accomplished that she had saved the pony from causing himself blindness... If he wasn't blind already. Before he grabbed another pen, she nudged the glass's over to his hoof, and he grasped them. He opened them up carefully, placing each of the holders behind his ears.

"Now what did you say your name was, son?" asked the old man.

"actually, sir. I'm a mare. Not a stallion. and my name is Fluttershy." She spoke, loud enough so that she could be sure he heard him.

"A mare? you say? oh fiddlesticks! trying to use my blindness to trick me. Shame on you. I can spot a member of my sex from a mile away!" he spoke, in an annoyed angry tone. "Now, your name is Flitter pie?" he finished. Fluttershy began to get quite angry at the fact the man could not see, or hear her.

"Its Fluttershy! and i am a mare!" she said angrily. She then put a hoof over her mouth and blushed, she never usually let anger get the best of her.

"oh? Fluttershy? Well why didn't ya' just say so, youngin?" he spoke. "No need to raise your voice for nothin no how!" he said. His anger seemed to dissipate as he recognized her name and gender. "So, what brings you to our home, witter lie's?" the old man finished. Fluttershy had given up on any chance of him remembering her name, and just felt lucky he now acknowledged she was female.

"I... Don't know really. I.. woke up here." Fluttershy said calmly.

"Oh. Well that's no problem! I forget stuff all the time, youngin." The old pony reassured her, adjusting his glass's.

"Oh, i haven't forgotten why i'm here completely.. But. I have forgotten how i got to this house." Spoke Fluttershy. "Light, Chase, and Buck had told me they found me when i was working in the fields." Suddenly, the old pony looked up.

"Oh! your the youngin they found sleeping on the corn aren't ya son- i mean...Ma'am..Uh.. oh pony feathers! whatever you are" the old pony mumbled, as he was swaying back and forth on the chair. Fluttershy giggled at the statement, she found herself strangely at home when talking to him.

"Yes sir, that's me." Fluttershy replied.

"i found your bunny friend, hiding something over under the rug a moment ago, swiped it clean off your neck while you where sleeping, he did!" the old man said with a slightly jolly chuckle at the end, followed by a slight cough. Fluttershy when over to the corner of the the rug, where she noticed a lump. And reached under to find the odd, personality reflecting necklace from the temple where she had lost dash.

"Oh.. This. its nothing really." She flew over, low to the ground, and planted her hooves firmly on the ground near Grandy. As she began to tie it on her neck, she saw Grandy whisper something out from the side of his mouth, staring intently at the necklace. But then, he spoke it louder.

"By gods... Is that? Shimmyshy, is that your necklace?" Grandy's voice was low, hoarse, and menacing. Fluttershy still annoyed with the old pony forgetting her name, began to reply.

"Um... yes, i think so. My rabbit found it under a stone, there was one just like it, that belonged to my friend... why?" Fluttershy finished. She then got curious, and looked out the window to see if she could see the fields, and her friends. The scene was beautiful. But no fields in sight.

"because... I think your someone special." As he said this, her cheeks would blush bright red. "Hero?" the old pony spoke. Here it was again. A word that she had become to loathe with all of her being. But the person saying it, brought her great interest. Perhaps he had answers.