• Published 15th Jan 2013
  • 1,003 Views, 16 Comments

Hope's Elements - NeonVibeBrony



Theres more to the worlds elements than friendship. When things become dark, friendship can not always pull through. Hope, can.

  • ...
2
 16
 1,003

Temple Treking

They walked in slowly. Fluttershy felt it inside of her, her deep deep fear of entering this place. But also, a deep longing. The feeling of longing overpowered her fear, she felt peaceful and adventurous. Rainbow was also overtaken by the entirety of this. Only this morning did she think that she was just checking out some ruins. But all the events lead her now to believe she was suppose to be here... Everything was happening so suddenly though, she felt like her mind was telling her to get ready for a long journey, when all she was doing was walking through an old door. She tried to suppress the odd feelings, and venture further. Oddly, Fluttershy gave no protest as Rainbow Dash quickened in speed down the hall, still walking slowly. Fluttershy's heartbeat quickened. And she could feel that Rainbow Dash's heartbeat had to. Why could she feel that? it was so odd, everything that had happened. The necklaces, the door, not to mention the very fact Rainbow Dash chose her of all ponies to bring here. Though, now that she was here she no longer wanted to turn back. She felt something for her friend, a new found respect, a new found, deeper friendship. And she could tell, that Rainbow felt it to.

"Fluttershy, what do you think we are walking into?" Rainbow said calmly.

"i... i don't know. But, i'm sure we will find out." She replied.

They both continued trotting. They came to a door, with the same dents in it that where the shape of there necklace pieces. They put them into the door, and it opened with a loud creaking sound. They found themselves in a large room, and in the middle was another stone tablet Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were but a foot away from it, when they both read it aloud.

You have entered, and your journey-

They where cut off by a voice. Deep, ominous.

"Halt!" The voice formed the words with sickening volume the two mares spun around with groundbreaking speed. They viewed six stallions, clad in dark iron Armour with red cloth in between the plates.

"I've been waiting for you" said the armored pony in front, Rainbow presumed this was the captain. "We have been waiting for one hundred years for you two to open that door. It is impossible for anyone but the heroes to enter this place, which is why id like to thank you." Rainbow was confused beyond belief. Heroes? what heroes, it was just her and Fluttershy? what did these ponies want with them? better yet, how would they escape?

"Who are you! I'm not afraid of you, Take off that helmet!" Rainbow Dash spoke, pumping her hooves in the air. She was on her back legs.

"Not afraid of us? hmm.. Pity. You need fear to defeat us." He would chuckle. This confused Rainbow Dash all the more. Defeat them? why did they need defeating, and why did he assume that's what Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy where out to do. And the big question, why was fear something they needed to defeat a foe? it made no sense...

"Now that you have let us in. We will be taking what we want from this temple." Spat the captain. "And we will stop you from completing your goal" Rainbows heart raced now. What goal? and how where they going to stop them...

"Kill them."

The dark stallion smirked, and spat the words. Rainbow Dash's heart sounded like a steam train now, and Fluttershy was shaking like a tree in the wind. Rainbow Dash backed up, along with Fluttershy. and the ironclad ponies split into halves. They ran forward, three facing Fluttershy, and three facing Rainbow Dash. They where separated from each other, on different halves of the room. Rainbow Dash was strong, but she could tell that these ponies in there Armour where stronger. But she was brave.

"You picked the wrong mares to mess with!" Rainbow Dash flew up to the ceiling, and so did one of the three ponies facing her. she knew now that they had her advantage. Wings. Fluttershy was at a loss for what to do. She was shaking vigorously, as the ponies in front of her slowly crept forward. they where anticipating the pony to fight back. They clearly did not know Fluttershy if they expected that, which led her to think once more, why where they chasing them? Fluttershy stepped back.

"Try me!" Said Rainbow Dash. And the winged opponent flew, legs first to slam them into her abdomen. But she was smart, she dove, down, bucking one of the wingless ponies as hard as she could, knocking him onto the ground. She dashed over to the other grounded pony, but it seemed he anticipated this, and bucked forward smashing into the left side of Rainbow Dash's skull. She was dazed, and looked over to Fluttershy as she slid across the floor in pain. There was a corridor behind the mare, and Rainbow Dash knew what had to happen.

"RUN!" Rainbow Dash screamed to Fluttershy, pointing to the corridor behind her. Fluttershy knew what this meant, and it meant abandoning her friend.

"No! Rainbowdash, i-" Fluttershy began to speak, but Rainbow Dash gave her a glare.

"Go! Now! Quickly! you gotta get outa he-" Rainbow Dash had started, but then was swiftly bucked by the flying stallion, right against the wall. Rainbow Dash was unconscious. A tear ran down flutter shy's cheek. Rainbow Dash was hurt. but if she went to help, they would both be. She knew what she had to do. She ran as quick as possible down the corridor that Rainbow Dash revealed was behind her, tears littering her face now. It was almost like she could feel it when Rainbow Dash was bucked, the pain was in her skull. Throbbing pain. She found herself in a room with an alter, and above it sat a mysterious Portal. Who opened it? There was no one down this corridor, right? the alter had a stone in front of it, labelled with what she assumed to be the location.

"Z....A"

She couldn't make it out.

"Get her! Quickly, before she escapes!" Screamed the captain of the armored ponies. He seemed rabid, saliva covering his mouth that seemed to foam with the words. He was obsessed. She was crying now, everything happening so suddenly, she was struggling to comprehend. She was overwhelmed with the loss of her friend, and that there was no way out but this mysterious portal, opened by some unknown pony. She had ran out of time to think. The armored ponies where upon her. one of them quickly ran for her leg, and cut a long gash through the back left hoof. She had to accept it. There was no going back to help Rainbow Dash. There was no escaping the fact that she had to enter this portal. just as one of the armored ponies went to deliver a devastating blow to her side, she jumped. The portal supported her, sending her through a whirlwind of colors. The portal dissipated as soon as Fluttershy had gone through it.

Rainbow Dash's eyes opened a bit. She was on a wagon, and couldn't move. Whenever she tried to, extreme pain would fly throughout her body. She could do nothing but listen. There was a conversation by the drivers of the wagon.

"Hey, why are we dragging this mare with us? what the heck do's the captain even want with this worthless mare?" Spoke one of the armored ponies. The way they spoke of her as worthless shot a burst of anger into her. But they way they spoke of that one pony as captain, made her feel smart. That's the name she gave them.

"The captain says that if we brought her back with us, the yellow pony will eventually come to find her." The opposite armored pony spoke.

"Ugh, but why are either of them of any use? there just worthless mares, that got in our way. I don't understand it." One of the ponies countered.

"Would you stop asking questions!? How do you expect me to know any of this? we do what the captain says, and we will get what we want. now stop whining, got it?" the pony replied. They fell silent, and Rainbow Dash felt a long pain in her leg, as if it had been cut, but then again she felt pain all over her body and couldn't move or look down to see if her leg was actually cut. Suddenly. Rainbow Dash fell unconscious of the pain, and the wagon was silent once again.