• Published 29th May 2019
  • 1,020 Views, 29 Comments

The Reason I Don't Date - LyNx_X_PiE_PiE



A story about a Unicorn stallion and a beautiful Bat pony mare...

  • ...
6
 29
 1,020

Chapter 4: Conscious Contol

I could feel a very heavy pain spread quickly across my body. I slowly began to open my eyes and watched as my vision stayed blurry for a good solid minute before focusing, allowing me to gain my sight back.

I was in a hospital! I began to panic as even more pain spread across my nerves as I tried to move me hooves. No words could describe the pain that I was in as I tried to move. I was almost in the state of thinking that I had returned to the nightmare, but in there, I wasn't able to feel pain.

I began to relax, knowing that I was only going to hurt myself it I tried to move. As I began to relax, I watched as the doctor entered the room and looked at me with a smile.

"Hello Mist! I'm your doctor! My name is Needlehorn." The doctor announced. "You have had quite the accident recently!" He added, looking down at some papers that he shuffled through with is magic.

"Question… How long was I out for?" I asked sceptically. He continued to read the papers and then placed them down on a table and looked at me.

"You have only slept through to Sunday." He clearly said. I showed a little bit of panic in my expression as I scanned the room.

"Did anypony visit me while I was out of it?" I asked, hoping that someone had noticed. He smiled and nodded.

"Three to be exact!" He prompted, bringing the record book to hoof. He flicked to the last page and scanned it for a brief second. "Ok I've got their signature and initials if their names. Tell me if you recognise any of them." He added. I nodded and then focused. "Initials of S.W.A, T.F.S and N.B.C." he ordered clearly.

"The first one is my boss! The second one I have no idea, and the third one, I'm not to sure about, but I think it is my mare friend." I stated as calmly as I could. I would have been fine if it was only the first and third ponies, but since I didn't know who the second pony was, I was beginning to become a little tense.

The doctor nodded his head in approval and was about to walk away before he turned and looked at me with a smile. "Your mare friend is a bat pony right?" He asked, still feeling confident. I nodded my head and smiled up at him. He left the room and I began to think.

"Who would it be?" I asked myself quietly. I began to think about it more and more until a certain name entered my mind. "Surely it couldn't be Tremor, could it?" I said out loud. I had nothing else to do, nobody else to talk to. The only thing I could do was think and daydream. I chose the former first.

I began to worry. I hadn't seen Nightshine since the incident and I really, really wanted to see her. I began to think about what she might be doing right then and there. Believe it or not, I would think that she would be just a little upset about this. How wrong I was…

I began to ponder on the thought. She might have thought that it was her fault and done something stupid. I didn't want to think so negatively of Nighshine. She was a strong mare and I believed that she could survive without me. I just had a feeling that she wouldn't cope well due to all of this going on.

After a little amount of time, a strange unicorn rushed into the room. They looked at me with wide eyes as they saw me in the hospital bed. They slowly walked up to me and stopped just beside my bed. I looked confused, but still thankful that somepony was here with me.

"Are you Mist?" They asked curiously. I nodded and then they smiled. "I am Professor Starfall! I came in yesterday afternoon and got told to leave because they were treating your injuries. Anyway, I was a very close friend of Colt. He talked to me when he was in Saddle Arabia about you. He talked about you not being able to use your magic." He stated quickly.

My head nodded at him and he smiled with glee. "Wonderful, well not really! Have you had this since birth of did you have an accident to make it not work?" He asked. I looked him over as he waited for my input to the conversation. He was a bright yellow unicorn with a white mane that complimented his fur beautifully.

"Since I was born!" I quickly answered. He smiled and grabbed a needle from his bag on his back. As he drifted the needle closer to my neck, his horn glowed from a nice orange to a black aura with green spots. This was dark magic! I knew this because I watched a documentary about it not to long ago. He plunged the needle into my neck and I whimpered.

"Sorry! I need to make sure that it's in your system!" He stated as he released the magical tension on the needle as it fell out.

I looked down at it and sighed. "Didn't you have a bigger needle?" I asked, trying to forget about the blood coming out from the side of my neck.

Starfall shook his head. "Nope, smaller needles work better. They make the process ten times quicker!" He stated loudly, which got the attention of the doctors. Needlehorn came in and looked at the wound in my neck and then down at the blood covered needle on the floor.

They didn't even look surprised from the props left out in the open. "Did it work professor?" Needlehorn asked, as he turned to Starfall. He nodded and then looked at me.

"Try using your horn Mist!" Said the professor. I looked at the needle on the floor and focused. I put all of my concentration into picking up the needle with my horn. I began to smile as I watched a dark blue aura surrounding the needle before dragging it towards me. This was amazing I thought.

They admired me lifting the needle as I happily did so, making the needle fly across the room and back again to me.

"Mist, Colt said for me to tell you something when I next saw you!" He blurted out as my blissful moment of happiness came crashing down. "He said that he still owed you… and that he hoped that this was enough to compensate for it." I froze at that very sentence hit my soul like a train. I just looked on in shock.

"I need Nightshine!" I commanded quickly. They both looked at each other in confusion.

"Mist, I filled in the paperwork and you're free to go… when you want to that is!" Needlehorn stated calmly.

I slowly got to my hooves with ease and began to think about how powerful that formula in the needle was to restore magic to me and cleansing any pain that I had, before looking at them both. "Thank you, both of you are what ponies nowadays need to be perfectly fine." I stated before pushing out of the door and racing down the hospital corridor. There was only one place I was going to go.

I raced down the streets and roads to reach Nightshine's house. I slowed down as I entered garden section at the front of the house. I walked across it to the door. I used my new power to open it quietly. I thought it would be locked… it wasn't!

I entered the house quietly and could definitely hear something making a noise. I checked most of the bottom floor before going upstairs to her bedroom. I could definitely hear something I thought again. I stopped as I was about to open her room. I could hear muffled cries from her room and prayed that she was alright.

I entered slowly and saw her. She looked perfectly fine. "Knock knock?" I whispered from a distance. She flinched and then looked at me. She had tears streaming down her face.

She was in such a state. She had liquor on the table in front of her and she had… a knife. "Night?" I asked with a worried look. She looked away and down at the knife. I knew exactly what she had done and knew that she was going to do it again. She thought that it was her fault that I nearly died. Apart from the bandage around my back hind leg and a little hole at the top of my ear, I was completely fine.

"They did something to me that I am grateful for and they did a dam good job fixing me up as well. It is not your fault that I got hurt!" I bellowed out at her. She sat motionless as I looked her dead in the eyes. I didn't want to look anywhere else. The reason for this? She was covered in blood and marks. She shivered as we looked into each other's eyes. "They fixed my horn because of you!" I loudly announced as I marched closer and swung the knife away with my magic. "Why did you harm yourself?" I asked.

"I… I would have, if somepony didn't al... already do it for m… me!" She nervously stated. I froze with a black expression to look at her with a blank expression. I then sighed.

"He's behind the door, isn't he?" I stated quickly before turning around to look at an insane Tremor stood behind the door, pointing a gun at me with his magic. I began to feel anger as my eyes locked onto his.

"You ruined my life you little scumbag! Now I'm going to make sure that you don't get to see it." He angrily growled at me before he pushed the gun to my head.

I ducked down and rammer my horn into his side as he shot a bullet right through the same ear that had the little hole once in it. It was now a hole that gushed blood out from it, not to mention that I didn't give a damn about myself. My job was to protect the ones I loved, and I was damned if I was going to let one messed up unicorn stop me!

I began to think back to one memory that I never wanted to remember. My Colt getting bucked to death! I played the thought over and over again as a rage grew within me.

I wanted to kill the sick and twisted bug out of existence before my friend passed away at the time. This was that moment playing over again. The changeling wanted me and my best mate dead, and now this mule wanted the same thing to happen. This time with my soul mate. I promised him that I would protect others if he passed away. I wasn't about to let him down!

I felt another shot grazed my leg as I released my horn from his side and grabbed the gun, still in his grasp. We struggled with our magic as we decided who was having the gun next. I was using my horn as much as I could before I felt the pressure of something being pushed towards me. It was Nightshine, and she was after something in my holder.

Tremor was to busy trying to kill me to notice Nightshine trying to steal my blade. She grabbed it with her muzzle and then pulled it out. To her horror, she had just cut my side open. Blood began to rush out from it as she winced with sorrow before getting back up and pointing the knife to his throat.

"Drop it or I'll end you!" She commanded, showing her fangs at him. The unicorn laughed at her.

"Oh Nighty, you do make me laugh, but either you die or he does." He listed as he looked at her for a brief second.

Taking advantage of this, I picked up the knife that I had thrown away from Nightshine with my magic and did what I should have done to the changeling that killed my friend. I stabbed him in the back as hard as I could with the knife.

Nightshine rushed away in an instant. Tremor wailed out in pain as I kept the knife in his back and then let go of it, allowing it to be tested and see if I needed to add magic to it. I lifted up his gun that he had lost focus on and pointed it to him.

"Game over Tremor!" I stated loudly so that he could hear me. He didn't reply. Moments later, a couple of guards came up, accompanied by Nightshine.

I looked away from Tremor as a kissed grazed my muzzle. This time when she wanted entry into my muzzle, I allowed it. We spent a good solid 15 seconds in that state before I broke the kiss, only because I needed air to breathe.

Nightshine panted from the moment before looking at the guards who had restrained Tremor.

"Sorry that he hurt you both. We are just glad that we got him before he finished you two." One of the guards stated proudly.

They took Tremor away with a puff of magic and then me and Nightshine were all alone.

"I was really thinking about hurting myself, but I guess Tremor beat me to it." She stated with a frown. I looked into her eyes and then began to get a little angry with that sentence.

"Why would you want to do that for?" I asked, not being amused.

"Because I got you put into hospital!" She added with a tear marking her face.

"And allowed me to gain my magic so that I was able to deal with Tremor!" I listed. She paused at that and looked blankly at me. I looked down her body, finding cut marks and blood patches on her fur.

"First though, we are getting you washed up and sorted." I commanded, being rewarded with her blushing slightly. "Oh! And I'm coming in with you for three reasons. One, I am making sure that you don't make it worse. Two, I am helping you to get it out of your fur. And three, I need a shower too!" I said. Her blush had risen to new levels and enveloped her whole head with a pinky redness.

She stepped into the shower as I shortly followed her. She turned on the hot water and I was rewarded by a hot rush of adrenaline down my spine. Nightshine on the other hand, wasn't having such a good time. Her back burnt from where the knife had been and she began to cry lightly before stepping out of the shower.

"I can't do it Mist! It hurts way too much." She gasped. I stepped out and quickly rushed to her medicine cabinet. Inside the cabinet was some painkillers, as well as some other medical drugs. I popped out a couple before passing them to her with my magic. I was getting good at this, I thought. She ate the painkillers and then went numb as she stepped back into the shower. I shortly followed her again and began to guide her hooves to her sides.

"Let me look after you Night!" I drilled with a firm confidence. I began to grab the showerhead with my magic and guided it closer to her body. The powerful water blasted the blood off of her fur with ease. This made the cuts a lot more easier to see.
I scanned her body as she blushed furiously.

"Don't think that you're doing this all the time!" She angrily snapped. I ran my hooves down her back as I got to her bottom. I grabbed her tail and raised it higher up.

I didn't dare look down. I respected all mare's privacy and didn't take advantage of anything that I could have.

"You can clean yourself down there!" I warned, not being in the lovely mood because my mare was covered in cuts and bruises. She nodded slowly and began to clean her more 'private parts' with her hoof. I could make out that her hoof had been there for too long and began to grab her foreleg with my magic and keep it raised up, stopping whatever she was doing. "I said clean yourself, not pleasure yourself!" I fiercely growled at her. She shivered and smiled.

"I love you Mist!" She called out.

"I love you more Night!" I claimed.

It took another 5 minutes to wash the rest of Nightshine and the whole of myself. We both sat down on the sofa and watched some TV. Nightshine didn't come to lie on me though.
She was hurting I guessed. I leaned over a little to give her a peck on the cheek. She looked at me as I got her attention.

"I don't blame you for thinking that my injuries are your fault, because they really aren't. I need you to stay strong Night!" I stated with a tear falling down my face. "I… I need you to stay the stronger pony!" I added. Nightshine looked at me with a questionable glare and didn't change her expression. I felt an awkward silence approach as neither of us said anything for about five minutes as we just watched TV.

The show that we were watching was about ponies coming on stage and being confronted on different things. Either it was about their relationship, or about ponies lying or being a father or mother of a foal. I didn't know why I enjoyed it, but i found it incredibly relaxing to watch.

As I began to focus on the TV more, I could make out something on the sofa with me beginning to shimmy towards me very slowly and probably hoping that I wouldn't notice.

"What are you trying to do?" I asked while still watching the TV. She didn't reply as I then turned to her. I looked into her eyes as she glared at me. "I only go for mare that have great personalities you know. Looks are just an added bonus! You're the complete package, smarter and whittier than me, but so cute as well!" I stated proudly, seeing a prominent blush spread across her face again.

She was speechless. I was about to be when out of the blue, she got up and turned the TV to a music channel. I liked the music that began to pour out of the speakers. I watched in amazement as Nightshine slowly began to dance. She was pretty good, especially for a bat pony.

A faint blush grasped my cheeks with a firm stain or red as I watched my mare friend gesture for me to join her. Knowing that I wasn't going to get out of this, I joined her on the floor.

We slowly moved to the music, ranging from fast beats, to slow and steady melodies. I couldn't lie, this was bliss!

I moved her slightly closer to me with my magic as I then gave into my inner self and kissed her lightly on her muzzle, slowly dancing to the soft melody that irradiated the entire room with love and passion. I backed away from the pony and smiled. This made me and Nightshine both blush from the action as we tried to get back into the frame of dancing.

"Wow… this is wonderful!" Nightshine whispered into my ear as we got closer together. I didn't reply as I lifted her entire body up and spun her around slowly with my new magical powers. I was only missing one thing in my life at this moment and it hurt me a little thinking about it.

Nightshine noticed this and turned my head with her wingtip. She admired my dark blue eyes as my eyes enjoyed the sight of her crimson beauties.

"Please stop thinking about him!" She said with a sudden worry. I tried to relax as she began to hug me and instantly recoiled as she shrieked loudly into the hug. I held my ears tightly as she rasped out in pain.

"You absolute shit! Why the hell Tremor had to cut me this deep I have no idea!" She cussed loudly looking down at all of the marks on her fur. She shortly looked back up to me and watched as I uncovered my hooves from my ears.

"Ouch!" I stated calmly as I felt my ears again. She blushed a little at that and shook her head. "I'm thinking about getting my head down for a little bit. Is that ok?" I asked. She nodded and then gave me a little playful nip on my neck before heading off into a different room.

I lied down on the sofa before closing my eyes and sighing. I wanted to sort something out. Something with my mind. So I was going to sleep, only wanting to be put into the same nightmare as last time.

The nightmare before today was getting erased from my mind. I wanted to confront my mind.

I wasn't scared at all...