• Published 29th May 2019
  • 366 Views, 0 Comments

The Strange History of Canterlot: A collection of Lore and Biographies. - Altlus



a collection of lore and Biographies pertaining to Canterlot's History and some interesting Individuals in it.

  • ...
 0
 366

Canterlot's History in summary. (1840-1940)

Originally known as Fort Canterlot and established in the 1830’s as an Outpost and Trading post by some Friendly yet somewhat unhinged fur traders (Claiming they were horses in a past life and came from a place called Equestria, Canterlot began it’s early life as a settlement and then gradually a town in the 1840’s and 1850’s as settlers were attracted to the fertile meadow next to the fort that provided an excellent grass for grazing and open space for ranching. Another factor to their decision to settle down being also protection from the fort and the hospitality of the Fort’s inhabitants, who preached to them values of friendship and cooperation and helped in making their community grow and endure even it’s most hardest times. It was with these values, that the town of Canterlot was able to coexist peacefully with the Native american population in the Area and not suffer from raids and disputes.

By 1873, Canterlot was connected to the Seattle lake shore and eastern railway and completed and established the Canterlot and Washington Railroad. a short line railroad connected to the main line. with the arrival of the railroad, the City experienced an influx of new arrivals and greatly expanded in size. Becoming a City by the 1890's and one of the most developed settlements in Washington State and one of the most wealthiest in .

Canterlot also experienced the establishment of new Industries for the city to gain revenue from, such as Mining and Logging, and several Wealthy citizens also settled here and made their name in the City. Helping provide work for it's growing population and providing funds for the construction o educational facilities such as Canterlot High, established in 1886 and Crystal Prep Academy, established in 1901. In 1904. The First Friendship Games were Held between Canterlot high and Crystal Prep Academy. As to Canterlot high emerging as the Victor in the competition, A statue of a Horse was commissioned and shipped from Buffalo New York by Train to celebrate Canterlot’s heritage in Ranching as well as to commemorate the victory of the Wondercolts in the first Friendship Games against the Shadowbolts.

in the 1920's the City experienced an unusually high crime wave which saw the rise of several organized crime gangs as well as a rise in illegal activities throughout the city. The Stock market crash of 1929 nd the Great depression that occurred afterwards only seemed to worsen the problem as well as seeing the closure of several businesses in the city. However, by 1940, Roosevelt's New Deal and the Start o World War II was able to get the city's economy working again and a New police force and a new Mayor was able to drastically lower most of the criminal activity throughout the city.