• Published 19th May 2019
  • 2,609 Views, 88 Comments

Hellfire Dash - Centurion Pike-Wall



What would you do for one you were loyal to? That you loved? Rainbow Dash became a Daemon for hers.

  • ...
15
 88
 2,609

Flashback---Showdown

Author's Note:

Spoilers, for anyone who hasn't seen it, for the Season 4 finale, Twilights Kingdom, PT. 1/ PT. 2

Rainbow Dash scowled, still angry. At Discords betrayal; at Tirek, who betrayed Discord. Basically at everything about this sucky situation.

The six of them sat in the cage for several hours, reclining against the bars or looking glumly at Discord. Fluttershy had stopped crying, but still sniffled in Applejacks arms like a young foal, while Discord himself was looking at the dirt street of the Ponyville street. Rainbow had regained enough of her strength from Tireks magic-sucking thing to begin pacing around the cell. After some time of doing this, Rarity said, "I'm concerned for our friend too, Rainbow. But that doesn't mean you need to pace like a tiger in a cage."

"Well excuse me for being-", Rainbow began, only to be cut off when a bubble formed around her. She was suddenly out of the cage, hovering in said bubble over a burning patch of the Everfree. Below her was Tirek, grinning sadistically. In front of her, was Twilight.

Rainbow nearly choked back a sob. Twilight was standing firmly, yet her face bore a look of fear. Her clothes, once so clean and orderly, were now cut and shredded. Rainbow, despite the situation, couldn't help herself by looking at the section of her bra that stood out from her torn shirt and sweater vest. After mentally slapping herself, she took in the situation.

Tirek said, "Their release, for all of the alicorn magic in Equestria." Rainbow realized what he was offering, just as Twilight let out a loud gasp.

The group of them let out a series of protests, urging her not to do it. As Tirek restated his offer, Rainbow managed to speak above the others, saying, "Don't do it, Twilight!" However, it didn't work. She accepted.

The Wonderbolt hopeful and her friends all fell to the ground. She looked up in time to see Twilight say, "Discord too!"

Rainbow wanted to protest again, but struggled to rise, her Wonderbolts windbreaker feeling like it was suddenly laced with lead. Tirek asked, "Even after he betrayed you, you still consider him a friend?"

Instead of answering, Twilight just said, "Release him!"

Tirek just snapped his finger, and Discord also tumbled to the ground. Tirek then smiled, and turned back to Twilight, grinning his sadistic grin. "Your turn." Now, the fireball formed around his horns again, and a bright purple light began to flow out of Twilights horn. Twilight cried out in pain, making Rainbow want to fly up and punch Tirek right in the nose. She would've, too, if she could even fly. Finally, the last of the magic faded away, and Tirek grew even bigger, roaring in triumph.

They all rushed to Twilights side, crowding around her as Tirek moved off, breathing fire on massive swaths of the forest. "What were you thinking, Twilight?", Spike asked, echoing all of their sentiments.

Their attention was torn away from Twilight by a sick, sputtering cough. They all looked over to where Discord had fell, and paled. Discord had either fallen poorly or, without his magic, was simply really feeble, as he was coughing and wheezing. His deer antler was chipped, and his reptile leg was twisted in an unnatural angle. Fluttershy ran to his side, followed by the rest of the main 6 and Spike.

"Tirek tricked me into believing that he could offer something more valuable than friendship. But, *Cough, cough*, there is nothing more valuable. I see that now." He let out another series of hacking coughs, before feebly slipping off the medallion around his neck. "Tirek lied when he said that this was given to me as a sign of 'gratitude and loyalty'. But, when I *Cough*, say that this is a sign of our true frie, *Cough, cough, cough cough*. True Friendship. I mean it." He then clasped the medallion into Twilights hooves.

As Twilight gripped it, a faint miasma of light filtered out through the medallion. Twilights eyes, having been turned a milky silver color from Tireks magic drain, regained their dark purple color. Applejack asked, "You think that's the last one we need?"

"We have to try", Twilight said. "We have to get to the chest."

"B-but what about Discord?", Fluttershy asked, still holding him in her arms. Even Rainbow Dash, who never liked Discord, felt sorry for him, and was worried about him.

Despite clearly not being so, he said, "I'll be fine, Fluttershy. Just, go. Defeat Tirek. Get back *Cough*, your magic."

Nodding grimly, they all took off, racing for the cave which housed the Tree of Harmony save for Spike, who stayed to comfort Discord.

When they arrived, it was as they left it, all of the keys still in the chest save for one. When Twilight brought Discords medallion close to the chest, a light surrounded it and it shifted into a key with a star shaped grip, sliding perfectly into the last open keyhole. Twilight smiled, and Rainbow along with her, but those faded when a loud crashing could be heard above them. Twilight said, "Together. I think we have to do this together."

All of the others nodded, heading over to the side that had their respective keys on it. As one, they turned the keys, and a rainbow colored light shot out of the top of the chest and into the Tree of Harmony. Beams of the light splintered off of it, flowing to each of the elements, which began to glow in turn. Columns of light suddenly surrounded both herself and her friends, and they once again disappeared in a flash of light.

When she returned to the physical world, however, she wasn't in a bubble, and her appearance had changed. Her wings glowed with rainbow light, her windbreaker, tank top and short shorts were covered in multi-colored starbursts, and her mane had grown in size and flared up, pulsing with light. Looking to her friends, she saw a similar treatment had been given to them, and she couldn't help but take a silent look at each of them. Especially Twilight.

They all rose out of a crack in the earth above the tree, floating up to above Tirek. The centaur gritted his teeth and relit the ball between his horns, firing another bolt of his fiery magic at them. However, unlike before, the fire rippled off of the bubble they were in, dissipating harmlessly. He gasped, then said, "How is this possible! You have no magic!"

Like always, Twilight knew just what to say. "Wrong, Tirek. I may have given you my alicorn magic, but we carry within us the most powerful magic of all."

Multiple beams of light shot out of each of them, coalescing into a single beam of rainbow colored light. The beam slammed into Tirek, causing him to recoil in pain. However, the centaur didn't just lay down and take it. Charging up his power as best he could with his magic ebbing away, he fired one last bolt of magic. One that ripped past the bubble, slamming into the center of the group. Into Twilight.

That was the last thing Rainbow saw, before everything went black.

+++++

When Rainbow came to, she was laying on a hard dirt path. She looked up as she sat up, and gasped at the sight that greeted her.

A massive, crystalline structure stood in front of her. The base was made up of a large spire of light blue crystal, rising up at least twenty-five feet. The full spire rose up another fifty feet, being topped with a large, crystal star. A darker purple building was settled above the bottom of the spire, resembling a smaller version of a castle. A big wooden door was settled at the base of the spire, shut tight.

"Dang, Twi", she said. "Did we do tha-" She then shut up.

Her friends were all around her, all of them also stirring. All of them, accept Twilight. She was just laying there, barely breathing. "TWILIGHT!"