• Published 11th May 2019
  • 960 Views, 33 Comments

Pinkie Pie, the Stage Magician - MemeSurvivor



Pinkie Pie Pinkie wasn’t there to see Trixie's show in Ponyville, so she has no knowledge of Trixie aside from vague stories. They manage to cross paths on the family rock farm and Pinkie is persuaded by Trixie to become her assistant.

  • ...
0
 33
 960

Strangeness Attracts

‘Twilight and her stupid friends,’ She thought to herself as another rock was cracked when Trixie’s pickaxe hit it. Well, not her pickaxe per se. She was stuck working on an obnoxious rockfarm in the middle of nowhere, trying to earn the bits to get a new wagon after her old one was…permanently displaced by a rampaging Ursa Minor. It sounded as ridiculous as the stories she spun to entertain ponies far and wide.

“This is all their fault. Trixie will rise again and smite them with the force of a thousand --.” She took note of the sudden presence of the most emotionally despondent pony she had ever met. “-- suns. Hello, Maud.”

“Plotting revenge again I see,” she said in a tone so vacant of emotion that Trixie didn’t know how to take it. Knowing Maud, she was probably being “humorous.” Ponies would likely find her more entertaining if they knew she was trying to tell a joke.

“At this rate, Trixie will forever curse the name, ‘rock farm.’ However, Trixie will also very soon have the bits for a new wagon!”

“Manual labor isn’t for everypony,” Maud observed dryly. She went to pick up a small rock that was laid on a bigger rock nearby. “Thank you for looking after Boulder. Dinner is soon; we’re having rock soup again.”

Trixie dismayed at the news. “Why? We just had it.”

“My sister is coming back to visit soon, and rock soup is her favorite.” Apparently, having had her fill of conversation, Maud made her way to the house.

“Pinkie Pie is coming today…?” She had heard Maud talk of this mysterious missing pony before. When she asked for a description she got, “She likes parties, and she has a lot of friends.” Not exactly a detailed biography, but she couldn’t imagine anypony that description applies to hailing from the Pie family. Then again, someone could just as easily describe Maud as, “Somepony who loves comedy and does stand-up frequently.” It wasn’t untrue.

Trixie shrugged her shoulders and decided to go eat; her shift was over.


Trixie later found Maud getting ready to leave to greet her sister, when Trixie stopped her. “So, Maud, care to introduce me?”

“Why?”

“Well, I would just love to meet your sister. From all you’ve said, I bet she’s a splendid person.” Actually, she was kind of starved for a meaningful interaction. This farm was about as social as a strict library.

“Sure,” she said, leading her to the place outside where they were going to wait. “Pinkie is scheduled to arrive in about 2 hours.”

‘2…hours!?’ She shouted in her mind. “Why are we out here then?”

“She usually shows up early.” As she said this, a pink blur rocketed across the ground screaming, “Maud!” Right before it hit Maud, it slowed down, and a pink pony with puffy hair like Trixie had never seen hugged Maud tightly.

“Maud! Oh, I haven’t seen you in forever and forever. That’s 2 forevers ago!”

“Hi, Pinkie,” Maud responded with a typical lack of vocal enthusiasm.

“This…is Pinkie Pie?” Trixie was truly baffled. She studied the pony in front of her intently.

Pinkie, having just noticed Trixie for the first time, gasped and began shaking her hoof at great speed. “Oh my gosh! I never met you before! My name’s Pinkie Pie!”

She stopped shaking her hoof, but it took a moment for Trixie to realize it as she stopped her hoof from continuing to shake in the air. ”I…am the Great and Powerful Trixie!” She closed her eyes and struck a dramatic pose; she was then shocked to hear giggles. She opened her eyes to see the pink pony giving an honest smile that seemed to light up the world around her.

“That’s awesome! We should all introduce ourselves that way!”

Strangely, she did not seem to be mocking Trixie. Ponies usually just got annoyed with her or humored her, and sometimes, the colts and fillies would be wowed by her claims. Never had somepony responded quite like this. “…Thank you?”

“Let’s eat; I’m starving!” After Pinkie said this, she began bouncing, yes bouncing, to her destination.

She was beginning to wonder if she wasn’t better off before.

Trixie spoke up, “How long are you visiting, Pinkie?”

“Oh, a couple of days.”


The few days that Pinkie had stayed had been difficult for Trixie. They were also surprisingly fun, though she might not admit as such. The monotony of the farm was Trixie’s bane, but Pinkie Pie was certainly not monotonous. She constantly hung around Trixie, between visiting her family presumably, talking about anything and everything. Constantly startling her with sweets, and the oddities that she had learned to ignore.

This was Pinkie’s last day on the farm, and the thought was not a comfortable one. Pinkie was strange, but Trixie herself was…not entirely normal. Pinkie never looked at her weirdly and she never ignored what she was saying. Trixie felt…odd about this; she felt as though Pinkie lit up her dull world here, and even if she left the farm, it would never be quite the same. She had also been feeling rather strange around her in general.

Trixie sighed and made to smash another rock, before she screamed and fell backwards at the sight of blue eyes that had suddenly filled her vision. “Hey, Trixie! Whatcha thinkin’ about?” Pinkie stood with her beautiful, ever-present smile.

Trixie shook her head, “Pinkie! Nothing.” She stood quickly. “Trixie was just thinking that it was high time she left this terrible place,” she said, straightening her hat. “She finally has enough bits.”

Trixie’s heart dropped as she saw a frown overtake Pinkie’s face for the first time. “What’s so bad about it…?”

Trixie winced; Pinkie sounded genuinely hurt. “The farm is fine. Trixie just isn’t meant for this life. She just...has another calling is all.”

Pinkie shook her head and gave a sheepish smile, “No, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to assume you were insulting the farm or anything. I actually felt the exact same way about this place once." Her smile grew to be a normal Pinkie smile. "But one day, I found out that my calling is to make ponies smile. After that, I just had to venture out.”

“Is that right? Well, Trixie knows better than anypony how important it is to follow your dream. Once I save enough bits, my dream will be in-hoof again!” Trixie gave a sly grin, “Serious business aside, this farm isn’t so bad considering the company around here is top-notch.”

Pinkie’s face lit up to Trixie’s delight. “Yeah! Maud is the best!”

“…Right.” She should probably just let that slide.

“I was sooo surprised when I found out somepony was working here, and that they were Maud’s friend! I just had to talk to you, and you’re awesome too! Maud always did have a good judge of character,” she said all of this at an amazing pace, leaving little room for interjection.

“F-Friend? Maud's friend? You mean me?”

Pinkie looked surprised, but quickly her look was replaced with a joyful one. “Of course! She always says the best stuff about you! She even let you take care of Boulder, right? Her pet rock is super important to her!”

Trixie replayed their interactions in her mind. She supposed…they were friends? “Trixie has never had a friend before.”

Trixie could have sworn Pinkie looked sad for a moment, but the next moment it was gone. “Well, now you have 2 of them!”

Trixie hated the hopeful feeling that creeped up on her. “2 friends…?”

Trixie saw a look of uncertainty pass over Pinkie’s face. “I mean, yeah? We are friends, right?”

Her heart began racing, and her face heated up. So, that’s what this feeling was! She had made a friend! Still, she never felt this way around Maud. Surely, she doesn’t…no, no. That would be ridiculous. “Yes. We’re…friends.” The words felt so foreign in her mouth, but she did her best to smile and make the sentiment come across as genuine.

Pinkie’s face lit up like Trixie had never seen. “Yeah! By the way, what are saving up bits for? What’s your dream?”

Trixie looked around conspiratorially, “I’m going to buy a wagon to travel in. Then, I’ll become the best stage magician ever! And once I’m on top of the world, I’ll rub it in the faces of those jerks that ruined my life!”

Pinkie gasped, “Somepony ruined your life…?”

Trixie felt a familiar feeling of anger rise. “That’s right! That town is cursed! A bunch of neighsayers dissed me in the middle of my performance! It led to my wagon being crushed, and all of my possessions being lost forever. I couldn’t even afford another cape; I only got a hat.”

A genuine sadness overtook Pinkie, “Why would somepony do that?” It was unimaginable to her. What if someone tried their best to ruin her party?

Trixie shrugged, “Trixie supposes that they thought she was a braggart. It’s almost like it was a show. So, they tried to show Trixie up by being even bigger braggarts. 2 dumb kids brought an Ursa Minor and Trixie heroically tried to fight it off, but she couldn’t. Now, Nopony takes her seriously.”

“Wow…I’d love to see your show, Trixie! I bet it’s amazing!”

“Yeah…Seeing all those smiling faces, and awed looks; there’s nothing like it. It’s…it’s like having a party in peoples’ hearts.” She felt silly for saying it that way, but the way Pinkie’s eyes twinkled with amazement made it worth it. “Anypony can do it, though it is easier for unicorns. It’s pretty tough wowing ponies in a world with magic everywhere.”

“Cooool! Do you think I can do it too?”

Pinkie’s question caught her off guard. Ponies rarely took any real interest in her craft. “Of course! In fact, with your strange…quirks, it might just come naturally.” Another thought came to her. Maybe she won’t have to say goodbye after all. “Pinkie, would you like to be Trixie’s assistant?” Pinkie hesitated and started to answer when Trixie cut her off, “Tell you what, if you come to my next performance, you can decide then. I’ll teach you how to make the biggest and brightest smiles around!”

Pinkie put a hoof on her mouth and gasped dramatically. “How can I refuse an offer like that!?”

In that moment, Trixie’s smile might have matched Pinkie’s in terms of pure joy. “Great! I’ll write it down for you later.”

Trixie bought a new wagon and new gear for her shows, including a new cape to match her hat. When she performed her show for Pinkie, she tried even harder than usual. She spun grand tales and brought out her best fireworks and light tricks. By the end of it, the crowd was applauding, and Pinkie Pie looked awed.

After the show, Pinkie tackled her into a hug saying, “That was super wonderful! Please please please teach me how to do that.”

Trixie could feel it. This was the start of a wonderful partnership. “Fear not, Pinkie Pie. Together, we will bring smiles to every corner of Equestria and beyond!”

Pinkie let out an adorable squeal of excitement.


Twilight and Spike were confusedly staring at Mrs. Cake in Sugarcube corner. Twilight stepped forward, “Um, excuse me, but is Pinkie Pie not working today?”

Mrs. Cake gave a slightly sad smile, “Sorry, Twilight. She told me to give you this note when I saw you.”

Twilight read the note with some concern.





Dear the first friend who receives this note,

I have instructed Mrs. Cake not to read this note, for I do not wish for her to worry. I have begun a spiritual journey to discover how to provide more and better smiles to the ponies of Equestria. Are parties truly the only way for me to bring joy? This is the question I must answer. I have found a mentor to guide me, so rest assured, they shall see me returned one day. But for now, just know that I am safe. Wish me luck, my friends. It will be a difficult journey on these here wheels, but I will see you in three weeks. On Applejack’s birthday.

Love,

Apprentice Magician Pinkamena Diane Pie

P.S. Seriously though I’m doing fine. Hugs!



Twilight rubbed her eyes, “It’s just Pinkie being Pinkie. Still, I am a little worried. It sounds like she has a lot on her mind.”

Spike just shrugged, “Well, it’s not like we know where she went. I’m sure she’s fine.”

“You’re probably right. Still, maybe we should try to find her? Make sure she’s okay?”

Spike just sighed, “You’re going to look for her no matter what I say, aren’t you?”

“Pfft, what? Of course not. But what if she’s being manipulated by a crazy criminal!?”

Spike just shook his head. Maybe he could convince her to wait 3 weeks.