• Published 11th May 2019
  • 951 Views, 33 Comments

Pinkie Pie, the Stage Magician - MemeSurvivor



Pinkie Pie Pinkie wasn’t there to see Trixie's show in Ponyville, so she has no knowledge of Trixie aside from vague stories. They manage to cross paths on the family rock farm and Pinkie is persuaded by Trixie to become her assistant.

  • ...
0
 33
 951

Reunion

Trixie ducked and weaved through the crowd of ponies, glancing back quickly to see that the 5 ponies from before were still in hot pursuit. Her heartbeat quickened as she tried her best to think of a way out of the fight, that she found herself in. She tried her best to be friendly!

Trixie threw a big bundle of cloth from a nearby stand at Rainbow Dash with her magic. Rainbow looked surprised for a moment before she was stuck in the cloth, unable to free herself quickly enough. She crashed into the ground ungracefully.

All of Rainbow’s friends looked in concern and Trixie took the opportunity. She ran into a nearby alley and leaned against the cold stone, hoping against all odds that they would just give up.

She took the moment to catch her breath and reflect on the fact that she may not have managed the situation with peerless grace. Perhaps it was presumptuous of her to try to handle the situation without Pinkie in the first place. They were her friends and all. Then again, they did seem to be jumping to a lot of conclusions. Maybe having Pinkie there would have made the situation worse.

Trixie did not react to the expected arrival of Twilight and her friends at the alley entrance. “Look, this is all a crazy misunderstanding! I’m sure we’ll all laugh about this later.”

“Then why did you run!?” Rainbow demanded. “The only reason you would run is because you did something wrong. Were you going to try and trick Pinkie again?”

“T-That’s not…” Trixie’s face became, according to all ponies present besides herself, unbearably smug. “You’re right,” she conceded.

Everypony’s expressions flickered from indignant to confused.

“What?” Twilight asked.

Trixie held her hooves out. “I surrender because I didn’t do anything wrong. I’ll take you to Pinkie and we’ll sort this mess out. Once we do, you’re the one who will come out of it looking worse for wear. In fact, Trixie has a proposal.”

“What’re you playing at?”

Trixie put a hoof on her chest in mock offense. “Trixie, playing? Trixie proposes that we go to Pinkie and talk this out like rational ponies.”

Applejack stared at Trixie; suspicion clearly written on her features. “How exactly do ya suppose we know ya won’t lie? Maybe you just want another chance to manipulate her.” Despite leaning towards skepticism at one point, Trixie had done little to endear herself to the Earth pony.

“Trixie didn’t manipulate anypony!” Trixie snapped. “Look, it’s simple. Trixie was told by…an old acquaintance that she should try to clear up potential misunderstandings. Trixie thought that friends of Pinkie might not be so bad, so she agreed that she should give them a chance.”

Twilight pushed down her annoyance because of a strange coincidence she couldn’t shake. It couldn’t possibly…could it? “That pony is…who, exactly?”

Trixie saw an unexpected opportunity to get her way. Despite Twilight’s disregard for the feelings of others, she might elicit a positive response from her friends on authority alone. She levitated her hat slightly with magic and produced a small letter. “Princess Celestia,” she said with gravitas.

Twilight snatched the letter and her friends gathered around her to read it. “It’s…really from her,” Twilight said. “This is her hornwriting. It’s her writing style.” She would know; she spent enough nights reading and rereading the Princess’ letters.

Trixie snatched the letter, placing it back in its rightful place, and basked in the stunned expressions of the ponies before her. “There you have it. Trixie will take you to Pinkie, and then every truth shall be revealed.” She looked at Twilight pointedly. “Trixie doesn’t suppose you have a problem with that?”

Twilight wondered why she looked so confident. She must have a plan. “How do we know you won’t try to pull something?”

“How is Trixie supposed to pull something in front of Pinkie’s best friends while she stays in Pinkie’s good graces?” she asked rhetorically. “And Trixie won’t lie and manipulate because she will be unable to.”

“Meaning?” Twilight led.

“Meaning, we will all be under a truth spell. You did learn how to cast one of those, right, Princess’ favorite student?”

She was annoyed with the tone, but she had to admit it wasn’t a bad idea. What game was Trixie trying to play here? Thoughts ran through her head, she ruminated over the possibilities. Maybe she really thought she could turn Pinkie against them? They had Trixie backed into a corner so why did it feel like Trixie was in complete control?

Rarity nudged her from the side and Twilight looked at her. Her expression was pleading instead of angry or annoyed as Twilight expected. “Remember what the Princess said, darling?” Rarity whispered. “This could be our chance to clear up any possible misunderstandings. Besides, what do we have to lose?”

Twilight didn’t think they had anything to lose. That was what was so strange. But the Princess did say it they should talk it out. And Trixie also received the Princess’ plead for a peaceful resolution. At least, that’s what she got out of skimming the letter. “Okay.”

Trixie’s face lit up. “Trixie knows you won’t regret it.”

Twilight was already regretting it. If she hears Trixie talk in the third person again, she might lose it.


Pinkie saw Trixie come into the bakery and gave her the best happy smile she could muster, which promptly became more of a confused smile when she saw her other friends follow behind her. “Um, hey! It’s not Applejack’s birthday!”

To Pinkie’s joy, all her friends smiled at the sight of her. They all crowded her and began bombarding her with questions, all overlapping with one another to create a bundle of noise.

Pinkie just smiled. “Yes, no, I’m fine, yes, and of course!” Everypony, save Trixie, rushed into a group hug.

Twilight wasn’t sure how Pinkie understood all of that or to whom each answer was directed, but she didn’t care. “It’s good to see you again, Pinkie.”

Pinkie nodded, smiled, and returned the hug. “It’s great to see you guys!” Once they all stopped the hug, she bounced to Trixie. “Did you all work it out?”

Trixie tugged on her hat. “Not…exactly. We may need to talk for a while.”

Pinkie tilted her head in confusion as Trixie tugged the hat down to cover her eyes. “Sorry. Trixie may have…made the situation a little worse.” The admission shocked everyone besides Pinkie. Not that she made a mistake, but that she would admit to it.

Pinkie pulled Trixie’s hoof away from her hat, revealing Trixie’s embarrassed gaze. “Aw, you should rely more on your awesome apprentice! You’re trying to do stuff yourself still, but we’re a duo, remember? We’re team Tripie! Team Pixie! Team Trixie! Oh, wait, that’s just your name.” Pinkie rubbed her chin thoughtfully, as If this team name she had suddenly decided they needed was the most important thing in Equestria.

Trixie couldn’t help but break into a genuine, mirthful laughter. “Correct, Pinkie! This dynamic duo shall never be felled, for we have the truth on our side!”

Twilight stared at Pinkie’s lit up face and wondered if she wasn’t misunderstanding something after all. The interaction seemed so genuine. She supposed the reality of the situation would be exposed soon enough.

Trixie stood before all of them with a renewed energy. “Ruby won’t close the bakery until tomorrow, but Trixie will try to be a gracious host until then. In any case, Trixie is sure Twilight needs time to study up on this spell. Our conversation tomorrow will be concise and effective,” Trixie reassured. “Now then, here is Trixie’s plans for the preparations.”


Ruby pulled another pie out and laid it on the counter. “You wanna borrow my bakery for your weird trial?”

Trixie waved her hoof dismissively. “It’s not a trial, it’s scrutiny for an alleged crime under threat of punishment! Completely different.”

“How’s that?”

“This will be informal, in a bakery, and run by ponies who have an obvious bias against Trixie,” Trixie pointed out.

Ruby began looking concerned. “Why exactly are you going through with this?”

“The Great and Honest Trixie has nothing to hide.” Her face grew a bit darker. “They will soon realize just who’s been the dishonest one.”

Ruby sighed. “You can have my bakery. Just don’t do anything crazy. If you’re honest, I’m sure they’ll see how much you care about her.”

Trixie smiled and gave her thanks. Tomorrow, everypony will see the two-faced nature of that purple mare.


Rarity tried her best to find alone time with Pinkie, but it was rather difficult with everypony’s incessant need to make sure she was okay. Rarity counted among those annoying ponies; she was sure of it. But the thought gnawed at the back of her mind wouldn’t leave her alone.

She admits that she got carried away with everypony else chasing Trixie. She was caught up in the tizzy. But now that she saw Trixie and Pinkie together, her willpower had begun to waver again, and a new thought clawed its way to the surface. Rarity ambushed- politely happened to in the same place as Pinkie while she was going somewhere else in the bakery, presumably bouncing towards Trixie as that would be the only place Rainbow Dash wasn’t.

Rainbow had not taken kindly to the situation at all. Rarity presumed this is what she would look like when she thought someone was toying with her friend’s feelings. Stubborn loyalty had its ups and downs, she supposed.

Despite being approached after being approached all day, Pinkie greeted her with a radiant smile. “Hey, Rarity! I guess we haven’t talked much yet, huh? I guess you’re worried about me, too.”

Pinkie was surprisingly observant. “I think Rainbow is worried enough for all of us, darling.”

She giggled. “Yep! So, what’s up?”

“Have you…noticed any similarities between this flame and your old one,” Rarity asked tentatively. Despite her attempt at tact, she was met with an unusual defensiveness.

Pinkie’s eyes narrowed and her whole body seemed to ready itself to sink backward. “What are you talking about?”

“A brash, arrogant, loves to show-off, Blue-coated mare with big dreams?”

“What are you talking about?” Pinkie repeated with more force as if saying ‘get to the point.’

Rarity figured she should stop beating around the bush. “I know that Trixie is a lot like Rainbow Dash-“

Pinkie cut her off with an honest-to-Celestia groan of pure irritation. “What are you trying to say? Are you going to say that ‘she totally knew about that and now she’s trying to manipulate you?’”

“I just think that maybe you’re projecting what you saw in Rainbow Dash onto someone else. Maybe she isn’t the mare you think she is.”

Pinkie’s hair lost most of its bounciness. “All you girls talk about is how bad she is or how I might be seeing something that’s not there. She’s not out to get me! I didn’t tell you about Rainbow so you could use it against me!”

Rarity gasped. “Pinkie, I would never! I’m only concerned that you’re not seeing her for what she is.” She was beginning to hear the unintentional implication. “I’m worried that you’re turning her into some sort of replacement. It wouldn’t be fair…to either of you.”

Pinkie’s face softened. “You don’t get it. I…sort of, maybe, was attracted to her at first because of how much she reminded me of Rainbow Dash, but they’re nothing alike! Trixie loves blueberries!”

Rarity shifted in place uncomfortably. “Pinkie…”

“That’s not it! She always takes me seriously no matter what I’m doing or saying, and she joins in sometimes because she loves being dramatic and weird. She always talks in the third person which is super cute.” Rarity flinched at that. “She loves comics and she looks really cute when she’s talking about them. She loves all sorts of geeky stuff, and her face lights up when you say it’s okay to like that stuff.”

Rarity grinned, feeling her inner romantic coming out. “Darling, that’s…”

Her mane was back to normal and her cheeks for a darker pink than usual. “She makes me feel like I can do anything. I-I’ve never felt this way about anypony before; not even Rainbow Dash.”

Rarity pulled her into a hug. “Oh, Pinkie Pie, I understand. If you really feel that way, I’ll trust you.”

Pinkie really wanted to believe her. Rarity could see in the hopeful, teary-eyed look she was giving her. “Really? I kind of thought none of you trusted her for some reason.”

“You’re a grown mare, darling. If you’re sure, I’ll support you,” Rarity said kindly. “Besides, after I saw the way you two act around each other, I’ve had my doubts that she’s all bad. Still a bit of a braggart for my tastes.”

Pinkie frowned. “But you said Rainbow is a show-off, too. You like her, right?”

“Why, of course! That is…different,” Rarity finished lamely.

Pinkie shrugged and smiled. “Thanks for trusting me, Rarity. I’m gonna go tell Trixie what I told you! She had this crazy speech and all I could say was ‘I love you, too’ ‘cause I couldn’t think of anything to say, but now I know so thanks!”

After the flurry of words, Pinkie bounced away with a quick ‘bye.’ Rarity stood, staring after her and feeling flummoxed. “Love!?” Rarity shouted after Pinkie left her vision.

Author's Note:

My hope is that this chapter re-contextualizes some earlier interactions between Trixie and Pinkie. There was a reason that Pinkie was so attracted to Trixie right after they met. Anyway, this is my first crack at a romance, so I'm kind of worried its coming off as unbelievable. Actually, I'm pretty worried about the story in general, such is my nature. I'll assume that as long as I'm not getting dislikes and negative feedback, I'm doing something right. I'm stoked about how many people drop in to read my little story in this corner of the internet.

Comments ( 4 )

Well to be fair I do find the idea of Pinkie being attracted to Rainbow Dash to be very plausible since if you wanted to look into characters as liking each other in that way Pinkie being attracted to Dash has some of the most evidence to be found especially from Pinkie's side.

Of course this does bring up the question of did Pinkie ever tell Dash about this, did Dash say no if she did, and how does Dash feel about that if she did find out. Is Dash's reaction not just her being loyal to her friend but also from some level of jealousy since it is Pinkie? Many questions abound.

That's great. Look forward to the next chapter

I wasn't paying attention and didn't notice this was incomplete when I started until I noticed there was no next chapter button this time. T_T

Oh my goood, I really like this ship and unfortunately this story was last updated 5 years ago, that's really sad

Login or register to comment