• Published 11th May 2019
  • 941 Views, 33 Comments

Pinkie Pie, the Stage Magician - MemeSurvivor



Pinkie Pie Pinkie wasn’t there to see Trixie's show in Ponyville, so she has no knowledge of Trixie aside from vague stories. They manage to cross paths on the family rock farm and Pinkie is persuaded by Trixie to become her assistant.

  • ...
0
 33
 941

Destined Rivals: Part 2

Trixie had arranged for her newest and greatest show in Mareway earlier in the day. She had already parked her wagon and was currently attempting to procure a room to sleep in. Indeed, she was proactive. Pinkie deserved as much, and more, for being so amicable about sleeping in her wagon.

Although, the motel itself was rather humble in size and comforts. Trixie needed to cut down on her spending. Her bits were already running a bit low. She spent considerable time earning coin at the rock farm but buying all her magician necessities had come at a hefty cost.

So now here she was, standing in a decent, but not great, motel with a look of great frustration as the purple maned, purple furred pony continued to annoy her.

The purple mare sitting on the other side of the Front Desk stared at her with a raised brow.

“What?” Trixie questioned impatiently.

“We only accept real names,” she stated plainly.

“That is Trixie’s real name!” she defended.

The mare looked at the paper that read ‘The Great and Powerful Trixie!’ and simply said, “First and last name, please.”

Trixie let out a long-suffering sigh and levitated a pen with her magic. “The things Trixie does for her friend.”

The mare looked at the corrected signature. ‘The Great and Powerful Trixie Beatrix Lulamoon.’

“Are you happy now?” Trixie asked sardonically.

“Thrilled,” the purple mare responded dispassionately. “Now I need identification.”

Trixie had no idea that getting a room would be so terrible. She looked around the room and wondered where Pinkie had gone off to. She had been acting very strangely.


Pinkie wondered the streets a little longer than she usually would have. Honestly, it was starting to get a little difficult to act normal around Trixie. Pinkie wasn’t the best at keeping things to herself, and her feelings seemed to be getting a teensy bit out of control.

It’s not like she was going to kiss Trixie, she was just thinking about it a little bit. She had reacted to the thought in a way that ensured suspicion. She really needed to stop panicking around her. Luckily, Trixie seemed borderline incapable of reading a pony’s reaction.

Later, she told Trixie that she was planning something really fun, which was true. Her super awesome party for Trixie was really coming together! It was pretty unusual but Pinkie Pie, party-planning extraordinaire, never backs down from a challenge!

She giggled to herself when she realized that she was starting to sound like Trixie now. It was just the pick-me-up that Pinkie needed as she started bouncing to the motel. First, she would throw an awesome party for her friend. Then, her awesome party would make her realize that making her friend smile was all she wanted the whole time!

Pinkie returned to the motel and hesitated only slightly before opening the door and walking through.

Trixie saw Pinkie come through the door and gave a joyful smile, contrasting her previously annoyed expression. “Pinkie! Where in Equestria do you keep running off to?”

Pinkie’s smile became more awkward. “Well, uh, I was out making friends! I’ve never been here before! Crazy, huh? And, I was saying hi to an old friend! I didn’t meet her here. Obviously.”

Everything Pinkie said was true, but she did leave out the part where she was planning a party for Trixie.

Trixie looked suspicious for a moment, but then she shrugged. “If you say so. Trixie was just procuring a room for us, which was a much more of a hurdle than she anticipated.” She threw a dirty look at the purple pony. “Luckily, the Great and Powerful Trixie is up for any task!”

Pinkie felt her smile slip as anxiety overtook her. “Um, ‘a’ room? As in, one room? For both of us?”

Trixie, feeling as though she had read Pinkie’s mind, gave a haughty grin. “Yes. But Trixie has seen to it that we get two beds! No need to worry. She is very considerate.”

The purple mare cut in with, “It’s actually just cheaper that way.”

Trixie glared at her and turned back to Pinkie with her smile returning. “It was cheaper, yes.”

Pinkie forced herself to calm down. They weren’t sleeping in the same bed and they had already slept in the same wagon. This was practically the same.

As Trixie led her to an area she designated ‘the practice stage,’ the purple pony grumpily mumbled something under her breath that Pinkie couldn’t make out. Pinkie stopped in her tracks when she realized something terrible. She sped to the desk and the mare looked up in surprise. “Whoa! I’ve never seen a pony move so fast! You got a cutie mark in marathons or something?”

“Nope!” Pinkie replied. “I just remembered that I never introduced myself. I’m Pinkie Pie!”

The mare’s face relaxed into a more neutral expression. “Starlight Glimmer.”

Pinkie’s suspicions were practically confirmed. She pulled a magnifying glass out of her mane and examined ‘Starlight’ with more scrutiny. “I don’t suppose you’ve been calling yourself ‘Twilight’ recently? Ruined any stage performances?”

Starlight lowered the magnifying glass with her hoof. “No, I haven’t.”

“Which one?”

“Both…Neither!”

Trixie stepped in between them. “That’s enough, Pinkie. As entertaining as it is to watch you interrogate this troublesome pony, there is practice to be had.”

Pinkie felt disappointed. “But she could be the mare impersonating Twilight! Or Nega-Twilight impersonating someone else. Or something!”

Trixie sighed. “Look, Pinkie, there’s something I have to tell you about this whole ‘Nega-Twilight’ thing. The truth is…a thing. That is…maybe we should talk about this when we’re alone.”

Pinkie was deeply confused. “Are you…still hiding stuff about the you-know-what incident?”

Trixie looked conflicted. “Not exactly ‘hiding stuff.’ I’ve got it!” Trixie clapped her hooves together in excitement. “Once the act is over, I’ll tell you all about what happened! No more secrets! Not from this magical mare.”

Pinkie nodded her head contentedly. “Well, Okie dokie! You know the truth about Nega-Twilight?”

Trixie cleared her throat. “You could say that…I didn’t tell you because it has certain implications. It’s not important right now. All we need to worry about right now is making you the third best stage magician in the world!”

“Neat! But who’s the best and second best?”

Trixie smirked. “Trixie is second best, only behind the greatest stage magician ever, Hoofdini! He’s Trixie’s hero.”

Pinkie could practically see the stars in Trixie’s eyes. “All right! We’d better hurry if I’m going to be as great as those ponies.” She nudged Trixie playfully.

Trixie gave her a glowing smile before flinching and looking behind her. Pinkie looked behind her too, and felt her face heat up a bit when she saw Starlight desperately trying to look like she was reading. Starlight noticed the gazes, looked up, and said, “Sorry, it looked kind of personal and I didn’t know how to leave you alone without interrupting you.”

Brushing off the awkwardness of the situation, Pinkie opened the door and turned to Trixie. “Off to the stage!”


Trixie threw her treasured hat on their room’s floor. “What a disaster!” She was shaking from anger and shame. Never had she had a performance go so poorly!

“I’m sorry…” Pinkie said, her hair seeming to have lost all its poofiness. It hung straight down to her shoulders. Her body also seemed a lot more grey than usual.

“It isn’t your fault Pinkie. It was those, those savages!” Trixie stood in front of a mirror and tried to rinse the soot out of her mane. She could feel the tears streaming down her face, unasked. “This is it! I’m done for! I’m going to go back to eating pinecones! I’ve had interrupters, but they never turned the whole crowd on me before!” Trixie wasn’t just crying anymore, she was sobbing.

She really tried to stop the tears. Any possible chance that Pinkie saw her as anything besides a loser had flown out the window the second Pinkie saw her sob like a filly. Oh, who was she kidding? It flew out the window the second Pinkie saw that on-stage catastrophe.

Trixie felt a warm hoof pat her on the back comfortingly and her tears finally stopped. Trixie looked up hopefully.

“It’ll be okay, Trixie. I Pinkie Promise!” Pinkie’s sympathetic eyes nearly made Trixie begin to cry again. Instead, she hugged Pinkie. She gripped her and refused to let go.

Trixie never noticed that Pinkie had regained some of her color, or that her eyes now sparkled with determination.


“Surprise!” rang out through the room. The word came from Pinkie Pie and another pony Trixie never met before. She had a reddish pink mane, redish pink eyes, and a light blue coat. They both threw multi-colored confetti into the air.

Trixie was truly surprised. First, she registered that a very small party was being thrown for her. Then, she realized that Pinkie’s mane had returned to its previous state, and even her color seemed to come back. It made her feel relieved. She didn’t think Pinkie was capable of falling into such a miserable state. She asked Pinkie the first thing that came to mind. “Don’t your parties usually have more ponies?”

Pinkie bounced over to her. “Well, yeah. I was gonna invite some more people, but I remembered one of the first things you said to me. ‘I hate parties!’”

“Trixie doesn’t remember that,” Trixie said. She was surprised Pinkie became her friend with her saying such a thing.

Pinkie nodded, as if already expecting her forgetfulness. She stared off into the distance, remembering one of their first conversations. “Yeah. At first, I was like ‘whaaat?’ But when I asked for an explanation, and you said you just hate big parties! You like small get-togethers with a few ponies and not a ton of noise. And I was like, ‘Oh! She must like Fluttershy parties!’” She paused her recollections to look at Trixie with an optimistic expression. “Do you like it? I sort of thought you’d need cheering up.”

Admittedly, Trixie had been feeling rather…defeated since her show. She was certain that Pinkie was moments away from ditching her. She would finally realize that she gained nothing from hanging around a washed-up stage magician.

Tears began to well up again, much to Trixie’s annoyance. She rubbed her eyes quickly and looked at Pinkie with an expression she was sure seemed out of place given the context.

Pinkie shifted in place. “Um, do you not like it?”

Trixie rushed forward and hugged Pinkie. She may have been doing that a little too much lately. “Thank you, Pinkie,” she said with as much sincerity as she could muster. Despite her greatest wishes, she could not hug Pinkie forever, and she decided to end the contact before she made things awkward. She might have imagined it, but it seemed to her that Pinkie didn’t wish to stop the hug either.

“That’s just the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen!” the mysterious pony said.

Trixie looked at her, slightly embarrassed over forgetting her presence entirely. “Who are you, exactly?”

The mare smacked herself on the head lightly. “Oh, that’s right! I never introduced myself. My name is Ruby Splash. I’m Pinkie’s friend!”

“Many ponies are,” Trixie pointed out. “What Trixie means is, why are you here?”

Ruby looked a little uncomfortable. “Well, I sort of saw your performance. I had no idea birds could be so aggressive!” She laughed nervously when Trixie began glaring at her. “A-Anyway, I wanted to help Pinkie cheer you up! She’s always been a pal!”

Trixie’s glare slipped away. “Very well. Trixie will allow your staying here.” And then, under her breathe, she said, “Although, her choice in friends has been questionable in the past.”

Ruby grabbed a pie off the table. “Pinkie said you love blueberry! This isn’t blueberry, it’s mixed berry. My specialty!” She pointed to the cutie mark on her flank depicting a strawberry alongside many green grapes.

Pinkie hopped to Ruby’s side. “Her mixed berry pie is the most delicious pie in Equestria!” she looked at the windows. “Don’t tell any bakers I said that!” she whispered.

Trixie felt quite touched that somepony would wish to bake her such a treat. Pinkie was the only one to ever go through so much trouble for her. She had come to really appreciate free meals. But she especially appreciated delicious ones.

Over the next few hours, they all three had a great deal of fun. Pinkie told Trixie that she met Ruby Splash in Canterlot. She had quite the wanderlust. She had been to just about every major location in Equestria, in fact. She wondered if the two of them had ever crossed paths and didn’t know it. Pinkie Pie didn’t seem to have that problem.

Trixie never once imagined she would have so much fun at a party. Playing silly games, drinking punch, and even, dare she say, making a new friend. She had to admit that she did feel considerably better than she did before the party began.

She made to express her gratitude to Pinkie once more before her stomach rumbled. She realized that she had not tried any mixed berry pie yet.

Gathering everypony for a slice of pie, she observed Pinkie eat the pie and literally float through the air. She assumed it was just that good.

Ignoring Ruby’s confounded expression at Pinkie’s antics, Trixie bit into the pie and couldn’t help but be amazed at the taste. “This really is the best pie that Trixie has ever tasted. And I’ve eaten Pinkie Pie’s baked treats!”

Ruby looked proud. She looked at Pinkie, whom was standing off in the corner preoccupied with Gummy, and back to Trixie. “You know, Trixie, blueberry is great; but sometimes, we need to mix things together to bring out the best in the individual flavors.” She winked.

Trixie chuckled. “Yes, yes. Trixie admits that your mixed berry confection is best.”

Ruby shook her head. “No. Sometimes, you mix things together and they bring out the best in each other. Like, even if a pony doesn’t like strawberry, they might like mixed berry pie!” She motioned to Pinkie with her head.

Trixie squinted. “Are you trying to say something?”

“Yes,” Ruby confirmed. “You really don’t do subtlety, do you? During your show, something struck me when that one thing exploded.”

Trixie flinched. “Trixie can’t afford to pay for your medical expenses at the moment.”

“Not like that! I’m trying to say that I don’t think the ponies were laughing at you. I think they were laughing with you.”

“Trixie is pretty sure that they were laughing at us.” She looked at Pinkie, who was currently drinking a troubling amount of juice. She was devastated when the crowd started laughing. She didn’t think Pinkie could look so sad. Maybe if they were laughing with them…an idea struck her. She could feel her old courage coming back already.

“Thanks, Ruby,” she said quickly before galloping to Pinkie.

“Hey, Trixie!” Pinkie said, most of her cheer having returned.

“Pinkie! Ruby gave Trixie an idea. A brilliant idea! Trixie will never eat pinecones again!” she said with more flair than usual.

Pinkie’s smile grew, then turned sad, then remained in a strange in-between state of happiness and sadness. “That’s really great, Trixie.”

Trixie was sure that Pinkie had tried to make that sound more enthusiastic than it had. “Pinkie, what’s wrong.”

Pinkie now refused to meet Trixie’s gaze. She chose to instead stare at the floor. “Well, I sort of decided I should pack it in early.” Her ears flattened at the sight of Trixie’s devastated look. “I just wanted to make sure that you cheered up. I’m obviously not cut out for stage stuff.”

“That’s not true!” Trixie disagreed vehemently. “You’re practically a natural stage magician!”

Pinkie shook her head sadly. “I totally messed up that performance! You’ll never make your comeback if I’m weighing you down.”

Trixie stomped her hoof, causing Pinkie to jump. “Trixie was the only pony to blame for that show, and don’t tell anypony she said so! I’ve got a plan, Pinkie. But I can’t do it without you! Please, give being a stage pony another chance. Give me another chance?”

“I think it was technically both your faults,” Ruby corrected. Upon becoming aware of the fact that she had interrupted a tender moment, she finished pouring her juice and ran off.

Trixie glared at the fleeing pony, then resumed her wait for Pinkie’s reply.

“Okay,” Pinkie said quietly.

“Okay?”

Pinkie nodded and Trixie leapt with joy. “Trixie and Pinkie shall become the most amazing duo in the world!”


Trixie had trained Pinkie almost constantly until the day of her great return. Well, technically she returned when Pinkie saw her act, but that didn’t count. Everypony in the crowd would love her no matter what nasty rumor flew around. Also, there was the unnamed performance she will never speak of again. That return definitely didn’t count. She was genuinely concerned over how the performance would go if there were any hecklers.

She peeked out from her curtains and saw a sizable group of ponies had gathered. “Perfect.” She let the curtain close and turned to her friend. “Okay, Pinkie. It’ll be just like we practiced. Just like we talked about. They’ll love it!”

Pinkie looked unusually nervous and Trixie shared her pain.

If this plan of hers failed, her life would be ruined. Or would be back to the rock farm. She remembered where her thoughts went when her other performance failed. She thought of little else but the destruction of the ponies behind it all. More accurately, the destruction of Twilight Sparkle.

Who knows what might have happened if Pinkie had, in fact, abandoned her as she thought she would? She shuddered.

Trixie shook her head. These things weren’t important right now. First, she would nail this performance and create a new genre of stage performance. Then, she would reveal her last secret to Pinkie Pie and Pinkie would forgive her. Together, with her magic and Pinkie’s humor, they would become the most amazing duo there is!

After psyching herself up sufficiently, Trixie flung open the stage curtains and leapt onto the stage. “Welcome to the re-return of the Great and Powerful Trrrixie!” She swung her still plain cape and gave a dramatic pose while fireworks lit up the sky above her.

Ruby was the only pony to enthusiastically cheer, while some ponies applauded politely. Most of the crowd however seemed skeptical of her. They would likely take some convincing after Trixie’s previous show. She was fully prepared to win them all over!

Pinkie burst out from behind the curtains. “And don’t forget about Pinkie!” She came pushing a cart with pies on it.

The crowd seemed to soften at Pinkie’s appearance. Unlike with Trixie, they seemed to hold no ill will towards the pink mare. Trixie would exploit it for all it was worth. “Prepare for a show, the likes of which you’ve never seen before!”

The first act had to be done carefully. It had to be impressive and amusing. Trixie knew exactly how to start things off. “First off all, Trixie will perform a magical feat so undeniably brilliant that she will be lauded as the greatest magician ever!”

To say the crowd was skeptical would be a bit of an understatement. Still, they seemed much more affable than before. She wondered if Ruby had scolded them all into a more friendly state. That might explain her confidence in what she said. Or maybe Ruby was correct, and the crowd was laughing with them.

Trixie finished digging the book out of the trunk Pinkie had drug on to the stage. “Behold! The Great and Powerful Trixie will cast spells on her assistant’s person! With her permission, of course.”

This got the intended awkward reaction. Pinkie dutifully raised a hoof to her head in salute. “Ready, sir!”

Trixie flipped through the book casually. “Let’s see…aha! This one will do nicely. I will transform this mare’s signature pinkness into a color more pleasing to Trixie’s eyes.”

Before anypony had time to register what was said, Trixie made it seem like she had built up a lot of energy before shooting Pinkie with a blinding pink light.

The ponies in the crowd were suitably impressed by Pinkie’s ‘transformation.’ Pinkie, once pink head to hoof, now had white fur and a blonde mane. “Surprise!” came from her lips directed at the now impressed crowd. Pinkie then giggled at a joke only she seemed to understand.

Trixie noticed, with some satisfaction, that the crowd was whispering to each other with smiles on their faces. In reality, the spell was nothing but illusion. It wasn’t a particularly long lasting one either. Any pony that studied at Celestia’s school should be able to handle this much. What came next however, would be what really stole the show.

“Excellent!” Trixie said with false pride. “Now, Trixie will give her, a real Earth pony, the ability to soar like a Pegasus! Remember Pinkie, if you remain still for Trixie’s spell you can eat one of the delicious pies.”

A murmur broke out through the crowd. It was true that such spells were only reserved for the greatest wielders of magic.

Pinkie looked confused. “Why do I only get one?”

Trixie rolled her eyes. “We have been over this. Assistants get less compensation. They also get less pie. Trixie does not create the rules.”

Trixie played the part of the struggling magician well. She made it seem like she was trying hard to gather an extraordinary amount of energy. Not that she had to act very well. The spell, in fact, had taken a lot of effort. A large, quiet flash overtook the performance.

Once the ponies saw the once pink pony stage, their jaws dropped. Pinkie had two large butterfly-like wings that sparkled beautifully in the sunlight. Of course, that too was part of the illusion. This time, she didn’t need to fake any pride as she stared at her new illusion.

“Go ahead, Pinkie,” Trixie said with a sense of achievement. “Give those wings a whirl. Show this fine audience what Trixie’s amazing spells can do!”

“You got it! How?”

Trixie lost her smile. “Um, you flap. Hold on.” She flipped through the book. “Maybe the counter spell was in the other one.”

While Trixie was getting the other book, Pinkie began flapping her wings, and a look of excitement crossed her face. Then, they flew off into the air without her. The crowd snickered lightheartedly.

Trixie turned around and made a show of being confused. “Trixie must have cast the spell…slightly the not correct way. She will find out how to cast it correctly!”

The crowd seemed to be catching on rather quickly that the stage magicians weren’t being serious. The air went from uncomfortable to humorous. Though, It might have been in Trixie’s head that it was uncomfortable in the first place.

Pinkie, apparently satisfied that the spell was successful, made to eat the pie on the cart. To the amusement and amazement of the audience, every step Pinkie took carried her into the air as though she were walking on air itself. She didn’t realize it until she was standing over the pies, out of legs-reach. “Nooo!”

Trixie finally noticed her friend’s ‘plight.’ She ran forward. “Don’t worry, Pinkie! I can fix this!”

And at last, the climax of the routine came. Trixie cast a spell to cancel the effect of her other spells while Pinkie stopped doing…whatever she was doing to stay suspended. Pinkie reverted to her original colors and fell onto the table, flipping it and sending the many pies directly into Trixie. They all hit her without exception.

The entire crowd erupted into booming laughter. Pinkie shrugged and bit into the only pie she could save.

The performance continued as Pinkie and Trixie threw their all into the performance. Trixie’s best acts and Pinkie’s best comedy. The two had meshed better than Trixie could have dreamed.

As they continued, the now captive audience was laughing and stomping in approval more and more. The massive turnaround from what Trixie was used to almost made her head spin.

The last part of the show was met with nothing but adoration. For the first time in a very long time, Trixie had enthralled an audience. She could have leapt for joy. Instead, Trixie let displayed her most impressive fireworks. “You’ve been a lovely audience! Now, the Great and Powerful Trixie and her Great and Powerful assistant will both take their leave!” Pinkie took a bow while Trixie threw the smoke bomb that aided their exit. Trixie barely had time to grab the box. Maybe she should invest in smoke bombs that last longer.

Behind the curtains Trixie could no longer contain her joy and she addressed her friend with the biggest smile she had. “Pinkie, we did it! They really loved us!” She could hear the disbelief in her own voice.

Pinkie smiled heartily and nodded. But before she said anything, she frowned. “You said you were going to admit something, but I think I should go first. Actually, I kind of wasn’t honest about why I didn’t want to keep performing.”

Trixie was sure that her confusion had showed. Honestly, no matter what she said, Trixie’s adoration of the pink mare would make her prone to be forgiving.

“Well,” Pinkie started. “I really didn’t want to because I was worried the crowd would laugh at us. I didn’t want to help you because I was afraid…I’m sorry, Trixie.”

The serious tone of Pinkie’s voice took Trixie by surprise. “Water under the bridge. That’s no big deal!”

Pinkie only looked relieved for a moment. “There’s also...” Surprisingly, Pinkie seemed at a complete loss for words. She had an expression Trixie could not decipher.

Seeing that Pinkie was not about to finish her thought, Trixie held her hoof up in a silencing motion. “before Trix- before I forget, I have something I wanted to give you.”

Trixie dug a hat out of her trunk that was identical to her own. Pinkie’s mouth hung open as Trixie walked the short distance between them and placed the hat on Pinkie’s head. “You’re a real stage magician, Pinkie. You’re every bit as great and powerful as I am, and you’re an even better friend than you are a stage pony. Somehow, I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

Trixie finished saying the words she thought she would never utter. Pinkie looked deeply touched. And now, came the more difficult part. She promised Pinkie that she would be honest. ‘Tell her the truth. Tell her the truth. Tell her the truth.’

Trixie was too preoccupied with her thoughts to notice Pinkie struggling with her own thoughts. She only noticed that Pinkie had started to close the distance between them when her face was inches away. Pinkie’s lips met her own and Trixie froze in shock. Very quickly, Trixie melted into the kiss as her heart gave her the impression that it would thud out of her chest. Nothing had ever felt so right to her. She was hit with a sense of clarity over her own feelings.

She had feelings for Pinkie. Had she always? When Pinkie pulled away from the kiss, Trixie was sorely disappointed. She wished to express her feelings, but the words died in her throat. Pinkie looked to be on the verge of tears, in stark contrast to her previous expression.

“I’m sorry.” Her body was tense. It seemed to Trixie that she might flee at any moment.

Trixie put a hoof on her to keep her in place. Her words refused to form, so she instead settled for placing a chaste kiss of her own. Pinkie looked calmed, and she leaned into Trixie. Without moving, Pinkie said, “The other reason was that I thought you wouldn’t feel the same way about me, and my feelings for you felt like they were just getting stronger.”

“I’m not nearly foolish enough to pass up somepony as great as you, Pinkie,” Trixie declared with certainty.

“Actually, I kind of sorta got rejected by somepony before. I guess she wasn’t into mares. That’s probably why I was so afraid to…tell you.”

Trixie was surprised. She turned her nose up with a ‘hmph’ and said, “They missed out on a lot then.”

Pinkie smiled and backed out of the partial embrace. “Weeell, that’s enough of that serious stuff! Let’s go to Ruby’s bakery and have some celebration pie!”

Trixie looked on with a sense of giddiness as Pinkie bounced more happily than usual. She then realized that she never finished what she was saying. She shrugged and followed Pinkie. She was convinced that no matter what, the two of them could get through it. She supposed that she believed in the strength of their bond.

She would tell Pinkie her original motivation for wanting to talk to her, and Pinkie would shrug it off. The real bad news would be when Trixie told her the truth about her evil friends. It would be difficult, but Trixie learned all the way back on the rock farm that Pinkie wasn’t like those ponies. Nopony could stop them now.


Twilight and her friends were not very far from Mareway. It was the last place Trixie performed, according to Celestia. But then, to Twilight’s shock, Trixie had planned another performance in Mareway. Catching up to her had been foal’s play.

Twilight tried to remember her mentor’s words, butt a nagging feeling persisted. She had a sense that the next day’s confrontation would not be pretty.

Author's Note:

Phew! That was by far the longest chapter I've written. Let me know what you think! I never wrote a chapter this long, so I'm a little worried about how the chapter turned out. I ended up deleting a good portion of it once and I lost my edits of it twice! So, you know, if it has a bunch of mistakes...anyway, I hope you enjoyed!