• Published 10th Aug 2012
  • 600 Views, 4 Comments

The Friendship Fighters - FeatheredWings



Young Shadow Bolt embarks on a quest to save her family before it's too late.

  • ...
 4
 600

Chapter Six

"It's not your fault for not remembering me," Electric said to the filly on his back. "We met a long time ago. You were still a baby and I was five." Market stalls passed by on their sides. They passed several different ponies. A mint unicorn and a cream Earth pony sitting on a bench. A light grey Pegasus lurking around muffin stall. A brown stallion trying to drag the Pegasus away from the muffin stall. Shadow hopped off of Electric's back and walked beside him. She looked around at the different things. One thing she noticed was that her cousin's flank was bare.

"Why haven't you gotten your cutiemark yet?" Shadow asked her cousin. Electric's ear flopped back and a blush was showing through his grey coat.

"I'm not very good at anything yet but that's not the point of anything," Electric stated.

"But."

"No, Shadow. Drop it," Electric said sternly. Shadow was quiet. The silence made him feel guilty. "Sorry, Shadow. I didn't need to be mean." Shadow stayed quiet. The rest of the journey was spent in the quiet. Shadow was looking at all the different stalls and ponies. She was dumbfounded. In Cloudsdale, there were no stalls. Save for the few who couldn't afford a building. She never made eye-contact with anypony. She looked around too quickly. There was one though. One pony who caught her eye. It was a small unicorn filly. She was accompanied by a Earth filly and a Pegasus filly. Shadow looked back at Electric. His gaze was fixed forward. He wasn't talking and he had no expression. She looked back at the trio of fillies. They were giggling and laughing.

Shadow was thinking hard. She wasn't watching anything. She hadn't noticed when Electric stopped. She ran face first into a door and fell on her butt. She got back up and looked at Electric. He pulled a key out of nowhere and inserted the key into the lock on the door. He put the key back and walked in the door. Shadow took a hesitant step into the house.

I was dark. Darker than what Shadow preferred. She looked around for her cousin. He was nowhere to be seen. Shadow started to silently panic. She felt like she walked into a trap. A trap the insect ponies put up for her, to catch her for escaping their first attempt. She gulped. She took a good long look around the room. There was a couch with its back facing her to the left and a arch on her left that led into a kitchen. The back of the room was barren, save for one lonely staircase going up and a small bookcase. Shadow smirked to herself. Take out the bookshelves and a pony could easily fit in that bookshelf.

Shadow started to walk forward. She wanted to go up the stairs. She got to the base and looked up. The stairs seemingly went on forever. Shadow walked up them, counting each step as she ascended. Thirteen steps were counted. At the top was a hallway that went from left to right. Shadow picked the direction on her left. She reached a door. She put an ear to door to listen for anything. All she heard was silence. She put a hoof on the knob and opened the door, slowly. When the door was open enough, she peeked her head through. She found a bathroom. Shadow sighed and shut the door, disappointed.

After opening several different doors, Shadow started to feel like her entire search was in vain. The only thing she ever found was storage closets, bathrooms, and more empty bedrooms. Shadow reached the end of the hall. It was empty like she thought. She sighed loudly and turned around. She came face to face with the silhouette of a rather larger pony. Shadow screamed.