• Published 7th May 2019
  • 701 Views, 2 Comments

daring do and the ring of destiny - daring do biggest fan



daring do does everything in her power to stop Ahuizotl from dooming the city talancon to eight centuries of unrelentless heat but sometimes, you need more than just one pony

  • ...
 2
 701

chapter 1 welcoming party

Daring do trotted through the jungle searching, it was always her searching for SOMETHING the lost temple for the sapphire stone, city of clouds, eternal flower, but now she finally had a break. She was trotting back home for a nice relaxing evening.

She took a right at the oddly shaped tree left at the boulder and then straight ahead until she got to her cottage. She knew those parts well it’s where she lives after all. She was almost there when she saw her door knocked down, there was someone in her house!

There were six ponies all looking around her house for something, caballerons men? “What are you all doing in here? Daring asked. “Uh Daring do?” a blue pegasus asked, she had a rainbow mane and a cloud with a rainbow lightning bolt.

Daring do had a photographic memory for cutie marks but hers wasn’t ringing a bell. “We didn’t do this we swear!” a purple alicorn stated. “What have you done to my house?” daring asked looking around. Her house was ransacked everything was upside down, wrinkled, or broken. “We didn’t do this mrs do” an orange pony said. Daring do picked up the rug under her

hooves. Where is it? She thought to herself. She had hidden an artifact, the ring of destiny to be exact in a book but she couldn’t find it.

“We’re awfully glad you’re alright!” the alicorn said as daring do moved books and vases out of the way.
Daring rushed to her desk throwing everything aside, where was it?

“Ok clearly this isn’t the best time but...” the blue pegasus started “...I just gotta say how much we all REALLY love your books!” she said, laughing awkwardly.

Daring was about to say something but as she looked at the pony she saw the book! The pegasus was standing on top of it. In half a second daring grabbed the book and set it on a pile of papers and books. She turned the code and placed her hoof on the horseshoe on the cover. The book opened on the binding side to reveal the ring of destiny.

“Phew!” daring do said picking it up and examining it carefully, “its safe” she then slid the ring in her cloak.

“ great! Maybe now would be a good time for me to ask you how we could move your next book along, chop chop!” daring do rolled her eyes at the pegasus. Daring do wrote her books AFTER she finished her missions and this mission was clearly not over but of course her ‘#1 fan’ didn’t realize that.

Suddenly daring do heard a thump on her roof, it was too early for santa claus. Daring do started straightening things up in her house when all of the sudden she saw 3 of caballaron's hench ponies in the reflection on her mirror. She quickly turned around but it was too late she was cornered.

She threw of her disguise of a bonnet glasses and her cloak. She stepped forward a little and put on her Trusty pith helmet and got ready to fend off her foe’s.

A mare with a greenish blue coat and an orange mane grabbed the ring it was a tug of war between daring and the henchpony, her enemy got it at first but then daring do kicked it out of his mouth.

She tried flying away but a hench pony grabbed her tail, she kicked him off and kept flying. Once again daring do was cornered, the greenish blue mare with the orange mane jumped at daring do but she kicked him off, the second one however jumped at her and she dodged him too late.

It was a battle, hoof to hoof, the ring came out and swung around daring do’s chandelier and into her fireplace. The henchpony’s were to scared to grab the ring with hot embers so daring do quickly grabbed her whip, hooked the ring and knocked over a pitcher to cool off the ring in one swift movement.

Daring do ran to the ring with the hench ponies hot on her tail. Once again daring do was flying around the house and went back into a corner with a chair to guard the ring from being stolen. All of the sudden she heard a voice.

“DARING DO!” she looked over at the window when she shouldn't have and the hench ponies lunged at her. Ring now out of her grasp rolled and bounced over to the door way when a brown pony with slicked back salt and pepper hair grabbed it he had a polkadot scarf and a white shirt.


“Many thanks daring do. As you probably surmised our earlier search for this treasure was…… unsuccessful, so kind of you to find it for us.” daring do was about to run after him but she heard a crack! It was her hoof, it had been hurt in the fight with caballeron’s men she fell to the floor.

“Give it back caballeron!” daring do said grimacing her teeth.

“That’s doctor caballeron to you” he sneered.

“So let me guess, ahuizotl has put you up to this your stealing the ring to give to him so his hold on the fortress of talancon will be good for eight centuries as foretold by prophecy!”

“CLOSE!....” caballaron said “....but no… i’m going to sell this to him, make a bundle, and retire from archeology in splendor.” daring do tried to go forward but she was still injured and his hench ponies were holding her back.

“CABALLARON YOU FOOL! YOUR DOOMING THE VALLEY TO EIGHT CENTURIES OF UNRELENTING HEAT!” daring do yelled but of course he was too stubborn to listen

“To market! Hench ponies” caballaron ordered and the hench ponies released daring do and followed caballaron out the door.

Daring do attempted to go after him but she couldn’t unless she cared to her wound first. She was putting her hoof in a sling when the six ponies from earlier walking in. “GASP! Are you ok?!” the blue pegasus said again offering her hoof.

“I got this.” daring do said smacking away the pegasus’ Hoof.

“Um she was just trying to help mrs do…” a yellow pegasus said.

“Daring do doesn’t need help…” she said putting on her pith helmet “...she handles her business herself.” she said flying after caballeron and his men.

All she needed was another pegasus to get caught and daring would be stuck having to save her. Much worse a fan. She’d be asking for autographs and pictures and such right as she was about to save Talancon. Daring would get distracted and would probably be caught or hurt by more of Caballerons men.

Daring do carefully was making her way to their campsite, crawling through bushes and hiding behind trees.


She heard hoof steps coming her way, she waited until it got closer…. Closer…. Closer…. And now! Daring do jumped from her hiding spot and tackled the intruder. Well not intruder since it wasn’t her house but it was her bush and anyone who got near would pay. She put her pith helmet over their head and tackled them to the ground.”AGH!.......Guh …...ow!.... Stop!” the pony took off her pith helmet to reveal the pegasus back from her house with the rainbow mane.


“Oh, its just you” daring said as she put her pith helmet back on.

“WAIT!...” the pegasus said “don’t go!” the pegasus said smiling. Daring do rolled her eyes and kept walking getting closer and closer to the campsite of caballeron and his men. Daring do crawled along as close to the ground as she could get.


She hid behind a tree for a few seconds then kept crawling along. When all the sudden the pegasus popped out from one of the bushes. “I am suuuuuuuch a huge fan…. Heh heh heh heh” daring do sighed and kept moving.

“Wait wait wait! Let me help you!...” the pegasus begged as she grabbed darings collar. “….i promise i can be a huge huge help if you just give me a chance!” she finished straightening out her shirt collar and tilting her hat.

"I. work. Alone.” daring said as she passed the crazy fan.

“But why won’t you let me team up with you?..... Just this once?” she kept begging.

“My work always involves secrets, and since you never know who you can trust its best never to trust anypony.” daring said making it clear to get lost

“but just because you can’t trust some doesn’t mean nopony can be trusted!” the pegasus said

“Look i don’t have time to argue” daring said annoyed.

"neither do i lets go!” the pegasus said flying ahead.

“Sigh i can’t believe i’m even talking to her.” daring said under her breath.

Author's Note:

thanks for reading