• Published 10th Aug 2012
  • 1,023 Views, 0 Comments

Rise and Fall - Peppermint Cream



An orange filly is falling for Peppermint Cream but she just doesn't swing that way...

  • ...
 0
 1,023

I Think I Need Therapy

I started my day the same as any other. I woke up in my cloud house on the border of Ponyville and as usual, I was the only one there. Breakfast consisted of fried egg and bacon (I can't understand why everypony else is so against it, bacon is amazing!), which was just same as every single day under Celestia's sun. My beautiful signed guitar came into view as I headed to back into my kitchen. A fresh batch of cupcakes were ready for me to show my class what I got! I looked back at my flank and saw my cutie mark; a vanilla muffin in an electric blue case. Any doubt that I had was washed away at the sight of my mark, baking was my talent and I shall make my dreams of becoming Cloudsdale's most famed baker! And here I am, tearing my mane out trying to teach three fillies learn how to bake in the hope of earning cutie marks of their own.

How did this happen, you ask? I'll give you a recount from the start of the school day. I arrived at school just on time, I was known for being the most punctual Pegasus in the class. As soon as I saw Miss.Cheerliee, I asked if I could store my baked goods in the staff room fridge. Naturally, the kind Earth Pony mare said yes, so I trotted down to the staff room, all the while making sure the cupcakes weren't in danger of falling off my back. When I reached the staff room, I opened the fridge and carefully set the cupcakes down in the fridge. Class was just as boring as usual. Miss.Cheerilee just went on and on about creatures of the Everfree Forest. What good would that do me? I knew I was destined to be a baker, not an explorer! Morning break, the next class and lunch went just the same as you'd expect, nothing out of order it anything like that. I was ever so excited because after this math class was over, it was her time to present her cupcakes to the class.

After what seemed like an eternity, math class came to a close.

"Peppermint Cream, would you like to go and fetch what you have to show to the class that reflects your talent?" I had been getting so impatient for this moment and now it had finally came!

"Yes, Miss.Cheerilee, I'll go right away!" As soon as I got out the class I spread my wings and flew at my fastest through the corridors to the staff room. After several minutes of thrilling flight, I landed outside the room that held perfection. I walked into the room and retrieved my show and tell from the fridge. I placed the tray on my back and walked very carefully back to class.

I had been walking for at least 5 minutes and I was getting bored. Finally after a couple more minutes, the red door to the classroom came into sight. I pushed the door open gently and trotted to the front of the room. I slipped the covered tray onto the front desk using my wing as a ramp. As my classmates gathered round to see what I had to share, I unveiled the cupcakes on the tray. I looked at their expressions for the reaction to my handiwork and looks of awe, hunger and amazement were plastered upon their faces. Pleased with the reaction, I began to speak.

"Today I present to you a batch of my favourite cupcakes! They are chocolate flavour with either white or milk chocolate drops inside. The icing is vanilla, don't let the mint green colour fool you! I then decorated them with marbled chocolate flakes. There is enough for everypony to have one cake each. Please enjoy!" I watched in satisfaction as the colts and fillies help themselves to cake and took their first bite. Their expressions said it all. Her show and tell had been a great success!

Before long, home time had arrived. I packed my schoolbag and headed to the door, only to be confronted by three of the ponies in her class.

"Howdy Peppermint! They were some mighty fine cakes you whipped up!" The yellow Earth Pony was beaming with joy.

"Could you teach us how to bake like that?" the white Unicorn filly had a pleading expression on her face.

"Yeah, I guess we could give baking another go." I recognized this filly. It was Scootaloo, an orange Pegasus that just happened to be the first pony I encountered in Equestria.

"Well, why don't you three come back to my house and I could teach you a simple recipe." The three ponies' faces before her lit up when they heard that.

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADER BAKERS MARK 2!" They yelled in unison, leaving me slightly flustered. We left the school and began the journey. I regretted giving in to the crusaders. One of them was sure to question the lack of adults in my house. I had to make up an excuse, they couldn't find out where I came from! Ummm... My father works night shifts and.... My mum is on a business trip! Yeah, that would work, I could pull that off. I hadn't noticed while I was lost in my thoughts but we had reached my cloud house. When Applebloom and Sweetie Belle, climbed up onto the cloud they were very confused.

"How come me an' Sweetie ain't falling through this cloud?"

"It has an enchantment to let all races walk on this cloud."

It was then that the nightmare began.