• Published 10th Aug 2012
  • 1,022 Views, 0 Comments

Rise and Fall - Peppermint Cream



An orange filly is falling for Peppermint Cream but she just doesn't swing that way...

  • ...
 0
 1,022

Prologue

Peppermint Cream is just an ordinary Pegasus filly. Well that's what everypony else thinks, but not everything is as it seems. The Peppermint everypony else knows is a Pegasus with a blue-violet coat and a complicated, electric blue mane and tail (rather like Sparkleworks' from G3), that moved to Ponyville from Cloudsdale. Her cutie mark is a vanilla muffin in an electric blue case. Sports are her weakness. Her hobbies include singing and drawing. But is that who she really is? Of course not! Her life did not start in Equestria like any other colt or filly, no, her's started in a place called Earth. She was known as Tori and she lived in Northamptonshire, England. She spent 20 years on Earth until she was transferred to the magical world of Equestria. Can we get a brief description of her last two years on Earth? Thanks, now let me seeā€¦

Tori had just finished her time in her upper school in Bedfordshire. She was now looking into university. She knew she wanted to study cooking in California which she had decided that at the young age of 11. Finding a university in the area she wanted to reside in was her current focus and that area was Garden Grove, Orange County. She was on her way to getting a student visa, she was now in the queue for one. Did I mention she was a major fan of The Offspring? I didn't? Oh, well she is... Dexter Holland is so hot... oops, I went off on a tangent!

A year later sees Tori boarding the plane to the state of California. She found an apartment and within a couple of weeks she had settled in and picked up a slight American accent. Her first few months at university went perfectly. Little did she know what was going to happen in 8 months time.

Let's move on to the night she left her world. It was December 29th and she was celebrating Dexter Holland's birthday by admiring her replica of Noodles' duct tape finished electric guitar (NDM1) which had been signed by the band and drinking beer. When she had finished her 2nd bottle of beer (she didn't know what brand it was, nor did she really care), a strange navy blue mist appeared. It formed into a large figure, almost as tall as her. What confused Tori was the fact that it was shaped like Luna from that show she used to watch back in the year 2012. The mist swirled around the pony shape so she could not make out who or what it actually was. Then it spoke with a soft but powerful voice.

"Speak your name."

Tori was torn between telling her and asking why but in the end, curiosity got the better of her.

"Why do you want my name? What do you want? Why are you in my house?!"

The figure spoke with the wisdom of ages in her voice as she explained.

"I was sent to retrieve a human from this world and your house just happens to be the one I teleported into. As for your name, well it would be better if I could call you by it."

"Tori."

"Tori?"

"Yes, it's my name."

"Oh, well in that case, Tori, you may pack a few things and then you will come with me to Equestria."

This statement shocked her and made her go over the sentence several times in her head. Equestria? Wasn't that a fictional world that housed magical, pastel coloured ponies? This was crazy, but she was seeing this right in front of her eyes. She definitely wasn't dreaming. The way the intruder had spoken made it seem like she had no choice which was most likely true.

"One question, is there beer in Equestria?"

"Well, there's cider and champagne so, yes, there is. I'm pretty sure you'll appreciate the various array of beverages we supply back in Equestria."

"I'm still bringing my own, I'm convinced you and your ponies want to bake cupcakes out of my organs or crush my body for spectra to create rainbows so I'm not giving you any chances."

She began her mad rush around her apartment. When she returned, she found the mysterious figure waiting impatiently. Tori ran through a mental checklist in her mind. Her signed replica of NDM1, check; two weeks supply of beer, check; iPod and charger, check; all nine Offspring albums, check; laptop and charger, check and last but not least (In fact, its the most important thing!), a router for getting internet!

"Okay, I'm ready."

"Good. But I must warn you, when we arrive, I will not be with you and you shall no longer be in a human form. You will have just enough bits to find a place to live and get food. I suggest you get a job doing the paper round until you are old enough to get a proper job."

"What do you mean old enough, I'm 20 years ol-Ugh, I don't feel too good..." Tori collapsed as the swirling mist which was now glowing a violet-blue covered her unconscious body, transporting her to the world she would learn to call her home.


AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Can I have an intro?
listen to this before reading on:

Heya guys! I'm ever so sorry for the lack of updates throughout my stories, but I've been so busy. As I wrote this note and prologue you are reading, I was actually at a sleepover, but my friend fell asleep so I borrowed her laptop. I just wanted to say how sorry I am for being away for so long.

In case you haven't guessed, Peppermint Cream/Tori or as my friends call me, Torza, is me! I also wanted to share some of the epic and truly awesome music that I listened to while writing this note and prologue.

I'll probably put up an author's note in every chapter and share a few links. Remember guys, listen to The Offspring and stay away from pop music, it kills off brain cells!