• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 1,209 Views, 19 Comments

The Art of Magic: Infamy of the Facility - Rarity Belle



Magic is one of the most -if not the most- powerful thing in Equestria. Yet its origin is a horror not known by many. The unicorn race has a few secrets of its own. Secrets that must never be revealed. Though trouble is easily found.

  • ...
26
 19
 1,209

Chapter 8

It is the greatest thing that has happened to Equestria, harvest the ponies that are unfit and remold them into a better thing

It fixed the magic problem and increased production of everything by at least three times

Sweetie and Twinkle shivered in fear and pain. Though if that wasn't worst enough, two doors on either side of the hallway went open with a clunk. The mares kept themselves quiet and didn't even dare to look what it was. Out of the door emerged both Twilight and Trixie. This made matters only worse and thousands of thoughts raced through Sweetie as she heard the voices speak.

“Everything is in order here,” said Twilight while she inspected the cell.

“So it appears to be,” replied Trixie. “Shall we look how it stands with the machine?” But just when she said that a loud explosion was heard and the heavy metal door on the catwalk was flung out of its hinges and fell down in the cell.

Both mares looked up and out of the gaping, smoking hole Rarity emerged and yelled to them. “They must be here! There is no other way out! They are mine!” Her eyes scanned the floor from the catwalk and she noticed two very familiar curled up balls of pony. Rarity made no time to waste as she jumped down and used her magic to slow herself down and landed on the floor in an eerie, elegant manner.

Some of the ponies in the cell had the bravery or stupidity to stand up and charge the mare. But only to be met by a quick death. Rarity literally ripped each pony apart with her magic which crossed her way to the two little balls. The rest of the ponies in the cell gave up because they didn't want to die, not yet at least. They slowly made way in order to reveal Sweetie and Twinkle curled up as they bleed and shivered a little. Rarity walked up to them as she spoke in anger. “Nopony who enters the Magic Facility, comes out of it.” Her face was covered in blood, her coat had bloodstains all over it before she spoke in a demanding tone. “Trixie, Twilight, move away now. This is something, I and I alone have to do. Move!”

The mares looked at each other before they left her in fear. In all the years Rarity has been the head of the Facility they have never seen her this mad. “Sweetie Belle and Twinkle Sparkle. You dared to fail your tests, and now, when I want to make you useful, you pretty much destroy the Facility. I am not disappointed in the both of you, I am ashamed in you two.” Rarity said as her voice became crazier and crazier. Sweetie and Twinkle slowly uncurled themselves as their eyes met those of the monster. The purple maned unicorn was exhaling steam at that point.

She charged up her horn which caused the blood red aura to appear and Twinkle got levitated into the air. The poor mare tried to fight back but the spell was too strong. Rarity grinned devilishly as she slowly started to literally rip Twinkle apart. Leg by leg, slowly and painfully. Twinkle screamed in pure pain much to Rarity’s sadistic delight. Bones snapped as blood left the body and dripped on the floor and Sweetie who was too deep in shock to do something.

After the last leg was ripped off did the mare threw the little unicorn aside like a broken toy. Twinkle landed on the ground and in her last breath she managed to speak the words. “Don’t, forget me, Sweetie...”

Rarity looked over to the legless body. “D'aww, isn't this sweet..? But do not worry darling, for she will join you soon enough,” she replied in a stone cold voice

“I, won’t,” replied Sweetie before she crawled back up on her hooves and gathered her guts as she looked to the monster before her. Then it was Sweetie who got mad, she gathered all her guts and stood up. She looked right into the eyes of the savage beast that once was her sister.

“Nopony, leaves, my, Facility!” spoke Rarity in anger. She turned her attention back to her sister and glanced with a glare of death.

“And nopony, kills, my, friend!” she replied back in anger. Both of their horns had a glow around them. For Rarity was it blood red while Sweetie’s was the same green color as her eyes. They began to take steps back, creating a gap between the two of them but kept their eyes peeled to each other.

“Sweetie Belle, I challenge you, into a duel to the death!” Rarity spoke with a crazy voice.

“And I am happy to accept it,” yelled Sweetie with a confident voice. And after those words they both released their charges and the beams met each other in the middle point.

“You made a big mistake, Sweetie, this is my Facility. And it carries my rules! I am connected to it!” Rarity turned her eyes at the terrified ponies. They all wanted to get out and tried to escape. But none of them found a way out. Rarity then turned her glance back over to Sweetie.

Sweetie said nothing while the tears rolled down her face. The mare felt she was almost drained of her magic. Rarity noticed the beam becoming weaker on her sister's side and charged her own even more. Sweetie was running out, there was nothing more she could do, only accept death itself.

“As long as I am here, I have unlimited magic, the Facility, is running through my horn!” Rarity kept speaking in the same, crazed tone. The mare’s beam kept coming closer to Sweetie. Who in return gave everything she got but eventually stood aside. She discharged her horn before she stood there, panting like never before.

“Now, what is this..?” She was surprised to see Sweetie stepping aside. “Weakling that you are,” mumbled Rarity before she made her way over to Sweetie. All the other ponies laid down on the ground, crying over what they just saw and fearing it would only get worse. But Rarity charged up her horn once more, this time teleporting herself and Sweetie to her office.

---

“You worthless, unworthy unicorn, yet you refuse to die! I shall make a slow end to you, you are no longer my sister, Sweetie! No longer!” the older unicorn said before she looked Sweetie in her green eyes. Then she smacked her down to the ground with a hoof.

“B-But sis...” Sweetie spoke while she was about to cry.

“No, longer...” replied Rarity stone cold.

Twilight and Trixie both stormed through the door just as Rarity smacked her ex-sister and looked to her. The white Unicorn just stared at them as she yelled. “Take her away, personal cell, you know what to do.”

Both mares looked at each other and back to Rarity as Twilight found the courage to speak up. “Rarity, you can’t do this!” Sweetie watched in utter surprise to Twilight at hearing this, but decided to keep her mouth shut.

“Twilight, do not question my manners of working! Now bring her down there! No questions, or take her spot!” yelled Rarity in pure anger. A thing that scared Twilight even more, who did as she was ordered to do.

---

Sweetie was brought to a personal cell where Twilight placed her on a table. She strapped Sweetie’s hooves tight to it. Twilight looked to the little mare and Sweetie could see the tears in the mare her eyes who quickly turned her head away and left the cell without a word.

The young mare was left there for a couple of hours until Rarity finally dared to show herself. “I thought you loved me, Rarity! I am your sister! How could you, you above all, do this to me?” she dared to ask through her many tears.

“There is a reason, Sweetie, why I wanted you to pass, to push you to make that blast, I never wanted you to fail. But you did it and then, the rules come in play. Every unworthy unicorn must be processed into pure magic for the worthy ones,” her ex-sister replied.

Trixie and Twilight brought in a trolley with cutting-instruments and Rarity turned her attention away from the young mare. “It is a shame, Sweetie, I really loved you as a sister...” the white unicorn let go a deep sigh. “But still, you are unworthy... If you have any last words, say them now.”

Sweetie just dropped her head as many tears fell down her cheeks unto the cold floor. “I’m sorry everypony, that I disappointed you all... Applebloom, Scootaloo, please don’t forget me and crusade on... Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, please remember who I was...”

Rarity returned her attention to her ex-sister and pointed a knife right to her heart. “Are you done?” she asked in a strange but kind voice. Sweetie nodded and soon afterwards she felt a sharp pain in her chest. “As I said, nopony, leaves my Facility,” spoke Rarity in her normal voice.