• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 1,209 Views, 19 Comments

The Art of Magic: Infamy of the Facility - Rarity Belle



Magic is one of the most -if not the most- powerful thing in Equestria. Yet its origin is a horror not known by many. The unicorn race has a few secrets of its own. Secrets that must never be revealed. Though trouble is easily found.

  • ...
26
 19
 1,209

Chapter 4

The art of magic is a terrible truth

A truth that is known by many in the land

But they don’t live on long enough to tell the tale

As Sweetie and Twinkle were dropped in their cell and they heard countless screams coming from all around them. Countless pistons which came rushing down with a crushing speed, gears that grinded bones and steam that burned unicorns. The two could only have shivered in true fear.

Unicorns who had died were simply used burned to keep the boilers running. Not even their ashes were spared. Every single bit of them was burned until there was nothing left. But for what, for who? The saying goes that stories are there to be told, but certain stories are best left untold.

Unlike the last place, here they were in one big cell with around twenty other young adults. Sweetie took a look around after the door was closed. Once that happened, they were finally freed from the blood red, magical hold.

She noticed some tubes that went all over the place. Though she was unable to see what was in them. A thing she figured out to be for the better. Sweetie also saw a catwalk that went high above them and turned her attention back to the floor. She saw only the hallway which was locked on both sides with a set of heavy, metal doors. They wouldn’t let them pass, but the sounds that went through it, went through marrow and bone.

Once again they were left there for Celestia knows how long. The food they got was worse than the first prison, but still acceptable. “What do you think they are going to do to us?” Twinkle asked one day. Sweetie closed her eyes while she collected her thoughts and processed the sounds she heard. There was only one conclusion where she could come up with.

“They are going to kill us, that is for certain,” she said in a soft but sad tone.

---

Minutes turned into hours, which on their turn slowly passed into days. Most of the mares and stallions in the cell tried to keep their minds together. But out of nowhere there appeared a couple of figures on the catwalk above them. All of them wore hazard masks and white suits which were covered in dried up bloodstains.

All the ponies in the cell nudged one another and looked up to the catwalk. Though only Sweetie and Twinkle seemed to try and make out the coats of three ponies who stood in the middle of the catwalk. The one in the middle couldn't be seen too well, but Twinkle assumed it was white. For them left, was a what appeared to be mulberry coated pony and the one to their right was blue. The mares then tried to look through the glass of the hazard masks. They would be trying to identify the color of the eyes. All in the hope to see who was doing it to them.

The pony in the middle spoke in a muffled voice due to the mask. Yet it also disguised the real voice. Though it was without a doubt a feminine voice that spoke. “So you all failed your tests... You are all unworthy unicorns, but you aren't completely useless. The unicorns were always the smallest in numbers, but always the most powerful ponies in the land. Let’s do a simple quiz shall we? Who of you can tell me, where does magic come from?”

A small stallion had the guts to stand up. Sweetie looked at him and saw his broken glasses, implying he was quite the study-head. “It is inside of us, it always has been, they taught me that in school,” he pleaded for not only himself, but for all the others as well. Yet the white coated pony started to release a muffled laugh and so did the other two.

The blue coated one then spoke under an equally muffled voice. “That is what they teach you because we tell them to do so. If we told them where it really came from, things would shake the world so to say.” Sweetie and Twinkle somehow remembered something in those three specific ponies. They couldn't tell what it was, but something in their very guts just told them.

“Another question that I have... Why did you all fail your tests? Were you all scared, nervous, unprepared perhaps?” the mulberry coated pony spoke also in a muffled voice as well. All of the young adults nodded while they shook in fear. They tried to listen to the words spoken on the catwalk.

All of the sudden there was a deafening sound of metal over metal that could be heard. The impact of it was so hard, that was felt through the whole building. The sound of an annoyed and muffled sigh followed afterward as the white coated pony growled. “Piston four hundred twelve has problems once again, fix it. I am getting tired of it!” One of the masked stallions that stood at the far end of the catwalk didn't know how soon he had to leave.

The blue coated pony took the word once again. “Since this will be your last stop, you probably want to know where are now right? Well...” The pony began to chuckle in a very dark manner. “You are, in the Magic Facility.”

“You may have never heard of it, because it is the best kept secret in Equestria, the only pony who knows about it beside its employees, is princess Luna... And now, we want to introduce ourselves to you, disgraces,” the white coated pony spoke before it turned its head to the left.

The blue coated pony removed the mask only to reveal a pony who had a face everypony knew. It was nopony else then Trixie. Her mane was filled with red highlights, messy and overall just unclean. “Why yes, the Great and Powerful Trixie, shall guide you to your doom.” Some ponies already looked in shock, but it would only become worse.

The white coated pony looked to its right as the mulberry coated pony removed its mask. Only to give Twinkle the scare of her life. For the pony who stood there on the catwalk, was nopony other than her sister. Twilight Sparkle was standing there, overlooking them all with a crazed expression. Twinkle simply couldn't believe it. She wouldn't believe it. Her sister would never be working in place like that. It must have been a trick of some kind, right?

The pink stripe in both her mane and tail had become blood red and she had blood stains all over her white suit. Twinkle just wanted to burst out in tears. The revelation on top of the entirety of the place, had become too much for the young mare’s mind to handle.

And then, it was the final pony’s turn. It removed its mask and it was Sweetie who got the scare of her life. The mare got devastated by the scene that played on for only a couple seconds. That pony was her sister, Rarity. Rarity was leading this infernal place.

“No sis, this can’t be true... This can not be!” Sweetie shouted up to her. Rarity looked at her little sister. Her mane weren't the beautiful purple anymore, it too was covered in blood and her suit was redder than the rest as her normally sapphire blue irises were now mixed with a blood red color.

“Why are you doing this? You are my sister, Rarity! Don’t you love me anymore?”

Those words filled Rarity’s eyes with rage, madness and sadness. “I do love you, Sweetie! Why else did you think I helped you so much? I wanted you to pass, so you didn't end up here! A fate I wanted to spare you but now you are marked as an unworthy unicorn. There is little I can do.”

“Twilight, shall we?” Trixie asked as Rarity was too busy talking with her sister. Twilight smirked before she walked over to the mare and began to kiss her deep.

Rarity heard the two and this only added to her frustration. “Ugh, this again, look that you love each other, fine. But do it in private will you! You two are my greatest spies for the princesses. To keep sure they won’t figure out we changed the ways out. But please, keep that to yourselves, will you.”

Trixie and Twilight broke the kiss and stood once again next to Rarity. “Tomorrow, you will all be magic, disgraces,” said Trixie with a sly smile on her face.

Sweetie looked through the tears that had been building up she saw that all their irises had hints of blood red as well. But that her sister, her sweet sister was the head of that cursed place, was a thought that devastated her. The mental hit she took from it was bigger than everything she ever got.

She fell to her behind, curled up to a ball and just cried. A thing many of the others already did. Twinkle just stood there, looking to her sister and with one thought going on. That it couldn’t be real. Twilight, Trixie and Rarity went away and only the masked stallions stayed. They were to keep the peace between the prisoners. Eventually did even Twinkle curl up and began to sob quietly to herself.