• Published 8th Apr 2019
  • 980 Views, 18 Comments

Welcome to the Jungle: A Power Rangers Story - TheHardie-Boy



One by one, old pai zhua masters start to show up in Equestria

  • ...
4
 18
 980

Newcomers

“Um...Casey? Where are we? And why are there ponies everywhere?” Theo asked. Not thirty seconds ago, he and Lily were closing up the parlor for the day. All of the sudden, they were whisked away to another world full of ponies. The only thing Theo saw that didn’t freak him out was Casey.

“It’s a little weird at first, but you get used to it pretty quick. We’re in another world called ‘Equestria’ and to answer your second question, the ponies are all locals. Get this, we’re only the second group of Power Rangers to be here,” Casey said. He couldn’t hold back a laugh. Theo was always a little stuck up. Watching him get used to this world was gonna be hilarious.

Lily remained silent. She wasn’t sure what to think of the situation. On the one hand, she was getting bored of working in the old parlor. But on the other, she wasn’t really thinking of a new world, especially one with no other humans.

“You must be Casey’s team. My name is Twilight Sparkle. It’s very nice to meet you,” Twilight said, making Theo even more confused.

“D-Did that just talk?!” Theo practically yelled at Casey.

“Yeah, how’d you think they communicate with each other?” Casey was already enjoying this.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Twilight. I’m Lily, and this is Theo,” Lily said, reaching out her hand. She and Twilight shook hand and hoof, and before anything else could be said or done, Theo fainted.

“What’s with him?” Starlight asked.

“Don’t mind him; he fears what he doesn’t understand,” Casey joked. Lily gave him a dirty look in return. “You’re no fun.”

“Anyhow, we should get back to Ponyville so we can explain what’s going on,” Starlight said. “I’m Starlight, by the way. Nice to meet you.”

Later

“Ugh, Lily?” Theo groaned without opening his eyes.

“Yeah Theo?” Theo heard Lily respond.

“I just had the weirdest dream. We were sucked into some weird world called Equestrya. It was full of ponies. Casey was there too,” Theo chuckled.

“Umm, it’s pronounced ‘Equestria’,” Theo heard a strangely familiar voice say. Theo shot awake and found himself surrounded by Casey and Lily, along with a bunch of other ponies.

“Hehe, have a nice nap?” Lily giggled.

“Why are we here? Did we do something wrong?” Theo panicked.

“Dude, chill. We’re save this land, not because we did something wrong,” Casey responded.

“Save it? From what?”

“From Carnisoar. And maybe the other Overlords. I forgot to ask you, Rainbow. Did Carnisoar say the other Overlords were here?”

“He did say that Equestria would fall to him and the other Overlords, so I guess that means they’re here,” she said with a shrug.

“Wait a second, I thought we destroyed the Overlords,” said Lily.

“Well, my theory is this: we only destroyed Carnisoar and Grizzaka, not Jellica. So she probably found a way to resurrect them,” responded Casey.

“Oh great, we had a hard enough time fighting them last time, and that was with RJ and Dominic. Without them, we don’t stand a chance,” said Theo.

“Have faith. I literally fought off Carnisoar on my own not too earlier than you arrived,” said Casey.

“Either way, we all have to be prepared for when they come back. Did they have any weaknesses?” Twilight asked.

“Not really. And magic doesn’t really seem to be an option,” said Casey.

“Wait a second, magic?” Theo said. Now he’d heard it all.

“Well, yeah. She’s an alicorn. What did you expect?” Casey said.

“I’m don’t know. A few hours ago I didn’t even know this place existed,” Theo retorted.

Rainbow rolled her eyes. She had come to enjoy Casey’s company, and Lily seemed pretty cool too, but Theo seemed like a total buzz kill.

Before anything else could be said, there were a few screams outside. Casey looked outside and saw the Rinshi were back with a new leader.

“Rinshi attack, let’s go guys,” said Casey.

“Wait a second, we don’t have our morphers,” said Theo.

“I have yours, Theo. I was gonna go visit Master Mao and give them back,” said Lily.

“Why? He said you could keep it in case of emergencies,” said Casey.

“We’ll talk about it later. But now we have to go deal with these Rinshi,” said Lily.

The three of them exited the castle to face the Rinshi. “What? I thought only the red one was,” said the leader.

“I got some backup,” said Casey.

“No matter, I’ll take all three of you down. Attack!” said the leader.

Lily gave Theo his morpher and put on her own. The three of them pressed the buttons on their sunglasses. “Jungle Beast! Spirit Unleashed!” the three of them shouted. In a familiar deal of flashes and roars, the three humans were now all morphed into the Power Rangers Jungle Fury. Theo’s Suit was similar to Casey’s, but the patterns on his uniform were black and blue instead of black and red. Lily’s suit also had black patterns, but with yellow colors to go with them. Her suits also had a skirt at the waist.

“With the strength of a tiger! Jungle Fury, Red Ranger!” shouted Casey.

“With the stealth of a jaguar! Jungle Fury, Blue Ranger!” shouted Theo.

“With the speed of a cheetah! Jungle Fury, Yellow Ranger!” shouted Lily.

At the mention of speed, Rainbow Dash’s ears perked up.

The three jungle rangers charged into battle with he Rinshi. Casey used his strength to knock a bunch off balance. The Rinshi tried to get on top of him, but he wouldn’t let them. Theo was simply attacking and dodging. He had no problem bringing down the Rinshi. Lily had a serious speed advantage. She turned and attacked a quick as possible, and the Rinshi were too slow to counter.

Twilight and the others came out and saw what was happening. She, Starlight, Rainbow, and Applejack got into battle as well; while Pinkie, Rarity, and Fluttershy helped protect the locals. Twilight used her flight and teleportation to get around her enemies. Her magic may have not been any use, but she could still use it in certain ways to her advantage. Starlight was doing the same. She had to fight a little harder, however, because she could not fly. Rainbow remembered that these creatures were very clumsy. She simply swooped down and tried to get the Rinshi to attack her. They did, they missed, and they went down. Applejack had no trouble fighting. She found this a lot easier than fighting Tyrannadrones. These things didn’t act like they knew what they were doing.

Once the Rinshi were all defeated, the leader steeped up to the battlefield and went at it with Casey. Casey fought back as best he could, but the leader didn’t give an inch. It took Casey down with a clean sweep. Theo and Lily went to attack him and had a bit better luck.

“It’s time fo you to see what you’re really up against,” said the leader as it began to molt its skin. It became a two-legged fish with sharp jaws and claws. “I am pyrrhanax, spirit of the piranha.”

“Let’s pull out our weapons,” Casey said to his friends. Casey pulled out his nunchucks from before, as Theo pulled out some tonfas and lily pulled out a staff. They attacked the monster and gained the upper hand. Casey used his nunchucks to knock the monster off balance, as Theo and Lily used their weapons to send an electric charge at the monster.

“I think this guy’s had enough. What do you say we use this,” Casey said, pulling out a canon.

“Alright,” said Theo.

“Let’s do it,” said Lily.

The three of them took aim at the monster who was now getting back up. “Claw canon! Powered by animal spirits!” said the rangers, in unison. “Fire!”

A ball of fire shot out the end and turned the monster to stone before it exploded. The ponies came up to the rangers and congratulated them on their victory. Before much could be said, the monster grew as tall as they did against the Dino Rangers.

“You don’t happen to have zords, do you?” Twilight said.

“Let’s find out,” said Casey.

The rangers unleashed their animal spirits into the sky and they all became material. The mane six looked up in awe at what was before them: a red tiger zord, a blue jaguar zord, and a yellow cheetah zord. The rangers jumped into them and approached the monster. Before they attacked, the jaguar and the cheetah folded their paws to make their bodies straight. The tiger folded in its legs and stood upward. The cheetah and the jaguar attached themselves to the end of the tiger zord. The Jungle Pride Megazord was now complete.

The monster tried to attack the Megazord, but it was able to block. It struck back with a sound punch that made the monster hit the ground hard. The monster got up pretty quick and caught the Megazord off guard.

“We’re gonna need more power. Elephant zord!” Lily shouted. With that, she unleashed another spirit that took the form of an elephant. The elephant zord detached its head to make a wrecking ball. The wrecking ball combined with the Megazord.

“Jungle Elephant Megazord!” the rangers shouted. They swung the wrecking ball at the monster and sent it flying. The Megazord started to spin faster and faster. The monster was afraid of what was to come. The Megazord released the wrecking ball, and it hit the monster. The monster finally fell down and exploded.

The rangers jumped out of their zords, and the mane six ran up to them.

“Those zords were amazing. The Dino Rangers had zords too, but they were way different,” said Twilight.

“Thanks, Twilight. When we get back, we’re gonna have to meet up with the Dino Rangers,” said Casey.

“It’s really implied here, but thank you all,” said Starlight.

“No need to thank us. It’s our job,” said Lily.

“Yeah, we’ll get the Overlords next,” said Theo.

“Why don’t we get back to the castle? It’s getting pretty late,” said Twilight.

“Sounds good,” Casey responded.

Meanwhile

Carnisoar was very disappointed. Not only was he humiliated by the rad ranger, the other rangers were here as well. Jellies came into the room.

“We only need a little more fear. We don’t yet have enough to resurrect Grizzaka. I’ll have to do this myself,” she said.

Before she left, a skeleton that was half painted with camouflage appeared in front of her.

Author's Note:

Hey guys,
They’re finally here. I just have so much crap to throw at Theo. Casey is one of my favorite Power Rangers characters and Theo was almost always making fun of him. Anyhow, I’ve got a really special treat for you guys next chapter.

Yours truly,
Donnnnnnn