• Published 8th Apr 2019
  • 980 Views, 18 Comments

Welcome to the Jungle: A Power Rangers Story - TheHardie-Boy



One by one, old pai zhua masters start to show up in Equestria

  • ...
4
 18
 980

Masters of the Jungle

“This is the end of the line for you, rangers,” Grizzaka taunted.

The rangers weren’t sure what to do. They were in no condition to fight Grizzaka, but they knew he wouldn’t give them a choice. All the rangers could do was prepare for battle.

Grizzaka charged. Casey was the first to try and fight. He used his sabers to fight, but Grizzaka used his wrist gauntlets to counter. He then used his insane strength to slash Casey. Casey tried to recover, but Grizzaka shot a blast at him before he could. Casey was demorphed.

Theo was next. He attacked with his fans, but Grizzaka avoided the attacks. He eventually caught one of the fans and tore it up. He then punched Theo down several times. Theo had nowhere to go. He was helpless as Grizzaka continued to pound him into the ground. Eventually, Grizzaka picked up Theo and threw him into a tree, and Theo demorphed as well.

Lily attacked Grizzaka next. She swung the mace around him, but he slipped out of the chains. He then used the ball to attack Lily. It hit her, and she was unable to prepare for Grizzaka’s next attack. She tried to hit him with a flurry of punches, but all she hit was his gauntlets. Grizzaka struck Lily with a slash and quickly followed with a deadly uppercut. He finished her off with a kick in midair. Lily couldn’t stay morphed either.

RJ charged his morpher and went after Grizzaka. Grizzaka charged a similar attack, and the two traded huge hits. Eventually, Grizzaka grabbed onto RJ’s arm and crunched it with an elbow. RJ tried to kick Grizzaka, but he couldn’t reach. Grizzaka did a quick spin with RJ still in his grip, and he threw RJ on the ground. RJ bounced a few times and demorphed.

Dominic was left. He charged Grizzaka and used his morpher to counter his gauntlets. It worked for a moment, but Grizzaka blasted Dominic from a close range. Dominic shot back, and the blasts were equally matched. Grizzaka charged forward and hit Dominic with a flurry of slashes. Dominic switched to his blade mode and used that to attack. Grizzaka was finally hit and fell back. Dominic took the opportunity to charged his blade’s power, so he could finish the fight. He attack, but Grizzaka turned. Before Dominic’s blade made contact, Grizzaka unleashed his Sokatto power, and Dominic took the hit hard. He was demorphed blacked out as Grizzaka turned back around.

“That’s it? After all these years, that’s all the strength you have? And to think that you were the ones to defeat Dai Shi. Pathetic. It’s time for me to put you out of your misery,” Grizzaka boasted. Before he could take action, a bright light appeared in his way. Grizzaka tried to blast through it, but the blast was turned back at him. A barrier was put around him to deny him any action.

Master Moa turned his attention to Carnisoar and Jellica. They attacked, but he put down the same barrier. He then turned to Casey and the others. He used his power to teleport them away.

Meanwhile

Back at the castle, Twilight and Starlight were worried about the Jungle Rangers. They went to stop the Overlords a while ago. They should have been back by now. She wondered if they were alright.

Their concerns were proved when the rangers appeared in the castle, demorphed and unconscious. They looked pretty beat up too. Starlight ran over to Casey and looked for a pulse with her magic. Tears began to roll down her cheek when she had trouble finding one. Twilight was doing the same with RJ.

“Do not worry, young ones. They will be awake any moment now,” said an unfamiliar voice. Twilight and Starlight looked to see a glowing figure wearing an orange robe.

“I am Master Moa. I would be here physically, but my animal spirit is not what it used to be,” said the figure.

With that, the Jungle Rangers woke up. Starlight took Casey in a deep hug. Her tears were still flowing, but these were tears of joy. Casey ran a hand along her mane, confused to what was going on.

“What happened? Last thing I remember was we were getting our butts kicked by Grizzaka,” said Theo.

“Do not worry, Theo. Grizzaka will not be returning before you have made a full recovery,” said Master Mao.

“Master Mao!” the rangers all said in unison.

“What are you doing here?” Dominic asked.

“After Casey went to investigate the strange appearances and didn’t return, I did a little investigating of my own. I found a crimson tablet laying on the ground. I looked into it and saw Casey. I saw this world and what was happening. I tried to pass through, but I couldn’t regenerate its power. All I could do was hope you rangers would find a way to return. I held onto the tablet. I looked into it every night. Whenever I felt you were in danger, I sent another part of the team to Equestria. I wish I could’ve helped, but I wasn’t strong enough to send myself here. All I could do was send my spirit when Grizzaka returned. I am very sorry for all that has happened,” explained Master Mao.

“No apology needed. We couldn’t possibly blame anyone for sending us here,” said Casey.

“What about Grizzaka?” Lily asked.

“I put a barrier around him so he could not move. It won’t last long, however, due to me not being here physically. However, there is one more thing I can do to help,” Master Mao said. With that, he summoned three more bright lights. Each light found its way to Casey’s, Theo’s, and Lily’s hand. The light receded to reveal three metal claws.

“Our claw boosters!” Theo exclaimed.

“This will definitely help us beat those Overlords,” said Lily.

“What do they do?” asked Twilight.

“These will allow us to extend our power. With these, we can enter our Jungle Master Mode,” Casey explained.

“However, they are not active. They need to be bonded once again to your animal spirits. And it must be done fast; I don’t know how long I can hold Grizzaka,” Master Mao added.

“We’ll get to and beat Grizzaka,” said Lily.

“Yeah, you can count on us, Master Mao,” agreed Theo.

As the other rangers went to activate their boosters, Casey hung his head in despair. This was noticed by Master Mao. “There is something wrong, Casey. I can feel it,” Master Mao said.

“I’m gonna go see if the others need help,” said Twilight as she exited the room.

“Tell me Casey: what is bothering you?” Master Mao insisted.

Casey looked at Starlight, then at Master Mao. Starlight figured out in her head what was going on. She hung her head as well.

“It’s just that..well, I...it’s...me and Starlight...we’re kind of-“ Casey started to say but was cut off by Master Mao.

“I believe I understand. You do not want to leave this world.”

“Yeah, pretty much.”

“I understand your despair, my student, but you must return to Earth,” Master Mao said. Hearing this, Starlight quickly ran out of the room, in tears.

“But I can’t just leave Starlight,” Casey pleaded.

“Do not worry. I have a solution to your problem. You will not lose contact with Starlight,” Master Mao encouraged.

“What do you mean?” Casey asked.

“You will see. But first, the Overlords must be defeated,” Master Mao said.

Casey put on a brave face and got up. “I won’t let you down,” Casey said as he ran to join his friends.

Theo was currently trying to connect with his animal spirit. He summoned his aura, but it wasn’t working. He knew he couldn’t give up. This was the only way to beat Grizzaka. He couldn’t, and wouldn’t, let this world down. It was this thought that allowed Theo to fully connect with his jaguar spirit. The claw booster glowed to signify that it was now active. Lily tried the same, and her booster was activated as well.

Casey joined his friends and saw they had succeeded in their tasks. It was now his turn. He summoned his aura and tried to connect to his tiger spirit. But he was too distracted by Starlight. He didn’t want to leave her.

Casey’s friends saw that Casey’s aura was no longer surrounding him. “What’s going on?” Dominic asked.

“I’m fine, really,” Casey insisted.

“Are you sure? Because your aura’s not showing,” Theo pointed out.

“I’ll try again,” Casey said. He summoned his aura again, but he got the same result a before.

“Okay, you gotta talk to us. We’re your friends; you can tell us anything,” Lily offered.

“I believe I know what’s going on,” RJ said. He kneeled down to Casey. “It’s Starlight, isn’t it,” he whispered so no one else could hear.

“Yeah, I just can’t get her out of my head,” Casey said.

“If you can’t do this because you’re worried about her, focus on doing this for her,” RJ said.

“Alright. I’ll try,” Casey said. RJ backed off, and Casey summoned his aura a third time. This time, Casey thought of Starlight a different. He would do this for her. He wouldn’t let her down. He didn’t care if he never saw her again, as long as she was safe. At this thought, Casey finally connected to his tiger spirit. He directed it to his claw booster, and it became active.

“Nice job,” said Lily.

“Now the Overlords don’t stand a chance,” said Theo.

“Yeah. I gotta go do something. I’ll be right back,” said Casey as he left the others.

He ran through the castle, until he came upon Starlight’s room, and he knocked on the door.

“Come in,” Casey heard Starlight say.

Casey entered Starlight’s room to find her lying on her bed. He walked up to the bed and took a seat beside her.

“Hey, I got my claw booster working,” Casey said with little enthusiasm.

“Great. Now you’re one step closer to going back home,” Starlight said, sarcastically.

Casey placed his hand on her mane. “Listen, I don’t care what Master Mao says; I’m not leaving,” Casey said.

Starlight sat up. “Really? What about Earth?” she asked.

“Earth’ll be fine without me. I just don’t want to leave you. I love you, Starlight, and I can’t give that up.”

The two joined in a hug. Casey stroked Starlight’s mane, and Starlight muzzled Casey’s shoulder. The moment was interrupted by Casey’s morpher going off. He looked into them to see that the Overlords were free.

“I gotta go. The Overlords are free,” Casey said as he exited Starlight’s room.

“Go get ‘em, tiger,” Starlight said. Her heart was warmer than a Heart’s Warming Eve fire.

Later

The rangers ran out to meet the Overlords.

“You are foolish to resist,” said Carnisoar.

“Do you not remember what happened last time you tried to fight us?” Jellica said.

“Yeah, and this time’s gonna be different,” shouted Casey.

“We’ll just see about that,” said Grizzaka.

With that, the rangers activated their morphers. “Jungle Beast! Spirit Unleashed!” There was a long deal of flashing lights and roars. The rangers were all prepared for battle.

“With the strength of a tiger! Jungle Fury, Red Ranger!” shouted Casey.

“With the stealth of a jaguar! Jungle Fury, Blue Ranger!” shouted Theo.

“With the speed of a cheetah! Jungle Fury, Yellow Ranger!’ shouted Lily.

“With the courage of a wolf! Jungle Fury, Wolf Ranger!” shouted RJ.

“With the power of a rhino! Jungle Fury, Rhino Ranger!” shouted Dominic.

The Overlords charged into battle. The rangers met them, and the Overlords quickly gained the upper hand. Carnisoar went after RJ and Theo. He slashed through them with his daggers. He then lifted them into the air with a gust of wind, where he proceeded to rush through them repeatedly. Jellica fought with Dominic and Lily. She allowed Dominic to attack, but she just had his attack go through her. She jabbed him with her spear, creating a large distance between the two. Lily attacked with her staff, but Jellica fought back. She waited for an opening and blasted Lily. Casey went after Grizzaka alone. Grizzaka struck, using his gauntlets. Casey blocked with his sabers, but was unable to block Grizzaka’s next attack.

The rangers regrouped. Casey, Theo, and Lily pulled out their claws and activated them. “Jungle Master Mode!” they shouted as their suits began to change. The black colors shed off, becoming white. The claws stretched out a little further as well. “Fire jets!” the rangers shouted as their suits let out a fit of fire. They charged back into battle. The Overlords were unable to counter the rangers’ attacks. Lily used her claw to slash repeatedly at Carnisoar. She didn’t give him any time to counter. Theo used his claw to break Jellica’s spear. He then kept getting a new angle every time he attacked, keeping Jellica from being able to counter. Casey fought Grizzaka once again. He avoided the attack of the gauntlets and struck from there. Grizzaka tried to tackle Casey, but Casey used his jets to get out of the way.

“I’m outta here,” said Jellica, teleporting away.

“You got lucky, rangers. Next time will be your last,” said Grizzaka as he left the scene as well.

Carnisoar saw the other Overlords leave. “Cowards!” he shouted. He turned his attention back to the rangers. “I don’t need them to make mincemeat out of you!”

The rangers charged back into battle. Dominic blocked Carnioar’s first attack, allowing RJ to land his own strike. Dominic followed up by punching Carnisoar with his morpher. Casey, Theo, and Lily then attacked Carnisoar with their claws. He tried to fly above them, but they used their jets to bring him back down. Carnisoar threw a nasty swipe at Theo, but he ducked under it and struck Carnisoar with his own claw. Casey and Lily jumped at Carnisoar and hit him with their own claws.

“Let’s finish him off,” Casey said. He, Theo, and Lily charged the claw canon, RJ charged his wolf beam, and Dominic readied his rhino morpher. They all took aim at Carnisoar, who prepared his own attack. They all fired at once, and the rangers’ attacks completely over turned Carnisoar’s. He was hit and exploded.

The rangers all cheered and congratulated each other. That was one Overlord down, two more to go. But Carnisoar still had enough energy to grow. The ponies back in town saw what was going on and ran in terror. Rainbow saw Carnisoar and went to go alert her friends. They all made their way to see what was going on.

The rangers summoned their zords. Dominic even summoned his rhino zord. They combined and went after Carnisoar. He stood his ground and fought the rangers back. He swiped both Megazords with his claws. The resulting shots made the rangers’ Megazords begin to smoke. They couldn’t take much more of this.

“Guys, we have our Jungle Master Mode back. We need the master zords,” said Casey.

“It’s worth a shot,” agreed Theo.

“Let’s do it,” said Lily.

With that, the rangers began summoning new spirits. The spirits took form of three different Jungle Zords. There was a red gorilla zord, a blue antelope zord, and a yellow penguin zord that was riding a hovercraft. The gorilla jumped at Carnisoar and tackled him to the ground. Carnisoar knocked off the gorilla and got to his feet, only for the antelope to hit Carnisoar with its head. The penguin shot a freeze beam at Carnisoar, freezing him in place. The penguin then attacked using its hovercraft.

The zords began to regroup as the antelope folded up. The penguin combined with its hovercraft. The two zords acted as legs for the gorilla. “Jungle Master Megazord!” The rangers went back after Carnisoar again. They used the gorilla’s strength to counter his claw attacks, and the antelope’s durability to kick Carnisoar. The Megazord stretched out its arms and began to spin. Carnisoar tried to attack it again, only to be smacked by the fist. The Megazord then slowly approached Carnisoar. The attacks were too much for him to handle, and he was struck down by the Megazord.

“You may have defeated me, but you will not be so lucky against the other Overlords,” Carnisoar said as he erupted into a fit of sparks and smoke. He hit the ground and was finally defeated.

“Well then bring it on,” said Casey as he and the others got to the ground. They were met by Twilight and her friends.

“I think it’s safe to say you guys did a great job,” said Twilight.

“Yeah, those new zords really showed Carnisoar who’s boss,” said Rainbow.

“That penguin was adorable,” complimented Fluttershy.

“Thanks, guys,” said Casey.

“And the other Overlords are next,” said RJ.