• Published 6th Apr 2019
  • 1,399 Views, 27 Comments

Life after the Show - FSkindness



For almost 9 years six ponies have worked together on a show about friendship in Equestria. How will the lives of the cast and crew be after the show ends? Is friendship really magic?

  • ...
2
 27
 1,399

2 Pinkie Pie: A New Diary and a New Friend

Dear diary of mine,

Hi there everypony!
My name is Pinkie Pie and I'm writting this just for you!

Yes, so I kind of borrowed the idea of starting a diary from Twilight who I saw yesterday. It's not like I read into her diary, I just break the fourth wall a bit and get a little bit of extra insight to things. My diary won't be as neatly written as Twilight's since she's the book horse and all I ever do is read cupcake recipes.

Where do I even start with this thing?
I guess I will start by saying what happened next when we were done at that fancy pants place.
Twilight was feeling really sad so I spent a lot of time there with her and bought more food for us just so she wouldn't be alone.

That was when I realized everything we were doing was just a whole bunch of words on a screen to a fanfiction site!
I thought to myself "That's neato!!! I want to do that too!!!" So then after our visit I went to the book store and bought five journals! One for me, Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy. I'll bring it to them when we see each other at that sleepover Twilight was talking about.

So I went to the book store and bought five blank diaries as well as one of those big leather bags to carry it in around my side. To tell you the truth I wasn't really going to see any family after that. I just missed being up in Canterlot. The crowds of fans actually are not as bad as Rarity was making them sound. And up in Canterlot most ponies are either rich or already famous so there are not that many ponies who get super nutty when they see actresses like me.

I was walking through the streets, trying to find something yummy to eat but that was a really tough thing to do! Canterlot has some of the best bakeries you would have ever seen!

My head was tilted all the way back so I could see all the signs of all the buildings. It's always so fun to see all the colors and inhale the sweet smells of pie, doughnuts, and cookies! I guess I got a little too distracted because I ran over some little pony.

While my head was way back I didn't see this little pink earth pony. She looks like she is Applejack's sister's age maybe? I just felt so bad after. I totally demolished her, making her sunglasses fly off her face and her just getting spread across the ground. I got off of her and put out my hoof to help her up.

She didn't seem to notice my hoof. She told me sorry for running into me then put out her arms, as if she was looking for her glasses in the dark.

"Don't be silly! I ran into you! Sorry about that. Can I help you up?" I wasn't sure if she had noticed my hoof yet and swung it around directly infront of her.

She still wasn't able to see the sunglasses that were right in front of her and kept sweeping the ground for them. She said, "No I'll just sit right here for the day... Yes, I need help getting up, can you give me your hoof?"

I was reeeeaally confused because my hoof had been out that whole time. Then I said, "Oh nuts I hit a blind pony."

She sighed, "It's fine. Can you just help me find my glasses now?"

I helped her stand up then put the glasses back onto her face. I realized she was lost and asked her where she was going.

She said, "My dad gave me money to get a treat. Don't worry, I'm very good at tracing my steps. I've just been trying to get to this cotton candy I've been smelling for the last few blocks. I think I'm close, it smells like it's really close."

I stuck out my nose to the air and sniffed. I didn't smell any cotton candy.

That little girl sniffed a few times. She turned her head left and right. She got closer to me and smelled more. She frowned, "Are you kidding me?????"

I asked her what was wrong. She shouted, "You're the cotton candy head! Oh for pitty's sake now I'm lost."

"I thought you were great at retracing your steps?"

That little pink pony frowned some more and crossed her arms, "Maybe if somepony hadn't knocked me over I would know which way I was facing!" She turned to all the different directions. I could tell she was scared and was just upset with me. I told her I could help her find where it was if she told me where her parents were.

"Thank you, Candy Head. Um. They were... They were in the main plaza which isn't too far from here. Do you know where it is?"

I shook my head, "Not really but I'm sure I wrote about it later in this diary! Let me just scroll through for a second." :pinkiesmile:

She looked around dizzily, "Wait what?"

I put my hoof as far as I could down the page as I could. The text was a bit too far. I squinted way down at the words down the page and asked, "Can you read what it says down there?"

She said, "I can't even read period! What the hay are you doing?"

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

"Oh okay that's what we're supposed to do!" I smiled.

That little mare almost said something but I quickly put a hoof in her mouth. "Don't talk! It's supposed to happen in this paragraph!" With that we started walking down one of the middle paths towards the plaza, just to the left of a cotton candy stand.

She said, "I really think I smell cotton candy now."

"Me too. Hey so what's your name little pony?"

She walked close to my body so she wouldn't get lost in the crowd and held my hoof. She said, "My name is Shady. I'm sorry I was being rude too you, Miss Candy Mane. I was just-"

"Nothing to worry about little pony! My name is Pinkie Pie! You might have heard of me, I'm on the show Friendship is Magic."

Shady tilted her head as she thought about it, "It sounds really familiar. I don't ever watch that much TV, as you would probably guess."

"Because there's never anything good on?"

Shady seemed confused with me. Her ears flicked back, "What? No, because I'm... You know what nevermind. Thank you for bringing me back to my parents, Pinkie Pie. It means a lot."

We walked until we got to the plaza. Shady's parents saw her right away and greeted us. The father said, "Shady, I thought you were going to get cotton candy."

I smiled and shook his hoof, "She did! My name is Pinkie Pie!"

Shady's dad seemed to recognize me. He seemed pretty excited and so was the mom. They asked what I was doing the rest of my day. I told them that I did not have any plans so they invited me to their home for dinner.

I couldn't be out too late but food did sound really good so I went with them. They were so nice to me and made the yummiest hay sandwiches I ever tasted!

"So what are you doing once this show ends, Pinkie," the mom asked me.

I didn't know what to say to her. I thought about it but never really settled on a decision when she asked me this, "I'm not so sure, ma'am. I've spent half my life on this show. It was all going so well I never went to college when I got to that age."

"Well it's never too late to get back on the horse?" The dad stuck his teeth out in a silly grin. Nice dad joke.

I laughed a little but it was such a cheesy joke. I thought about it, "I don't know if I even want to. I want to get back to baking with the Cakes but something just feels so different with the show coming to an end. It's hitting Twilight the worst but everypony else seems to be okay with it."

The parents both stayed quiet for a little while. The mom said, "Why don't you go spend some time with them? I don't follow celebrity news that much but I'm sure whatever they are doing can't be too important to keep them from speaking with you. You have seen each other through thick and thin."

I smiled but groaned a little with nervousness. Sighing, "Yeah. We haven't really spent any time at all with each other off set. Twilight and I are hoping we can see them soon. I think I will ask them why they aren't as worried as us about the show ending. Thank you for sharing dinner with me."

The mother, "For the element of laughter, anything. You're always welcome to come back next time you find yourself in Canterlot."

I hugged them all then said goodbye. I went outside and stopped to check the diaries I had in my bag. While looking at each of them I heard their front door open.

Shady walked outside and called my name. "Yes, Shady?" I turned to her.

She looked up in the direction of my voice, "Candy Mane! You're still here. I... I wanted to thank you again for helping me find my parents. And I'm really sorry for being rude to you at first. I really shouldn't have gone wandering off."

"It was nothing, Shady!" nuzzling her mane.

She blushed and nuzzled back up to me. Smiling, "Really though, you really helped me. I wanted to give you something."
She handed me a piece of paper.

The paper she gave me had lots of scribbles all over the front. It was a drawing of some sort. She blushed intensely, "My friends in school talk about your guys' show a lot. I didn't remember at first but now I know who you are. I just wanted to thank you so much for what you've done for everypony and I drew you a picture. It might not look so good but I wanted to give you something."

I took a second look at it. There were two ponies walking together and some other doodles on the side. It was very clear that is what she was trying to make using just the feeling of where her hoof was moving across the page.

Shady blsuhed intensely with her head held low while I looked it over. I just gave her a big hug and said, "That's us walking together isn't it?"

She shrieked out with happiness and hugged me. "I actually made a picture?!"

"You made a wonderful picture, Shady. Thank you for it."

She was just so happy she couldn't even believe it. She said her parents said it looked good but that she wasn't really sure. I told her, "It's a really good picture, Shady. Thank you so much. It was nice to meet you."

She thanked me for everything again, "You're the best, Candy Mane! Thank you for meeting me!"

I gave her another hug then told her goodbye. For whatever reason that little pony made me feel so happy. This picture I held in my hoof was so pure and sweet I didn't know anything could be that great in the world.

Maybe that's what Twilight needs. Maybe she needs to see that there's so much more in this world to discover. This was better than any made up lesson in friendship some writer made for a studio. This was real magic. I'm happy to have met Shady today and become her friend.

-Sincerely,
Pinkamena Dianne Pie