• Published 19th Apr 2019
  • 287 Views, 4 Comments

Olympic Movement - Sanguine Blade



When the world doesn't like what do you do? Well leaving is one option.

  • ...
 4
 287

A New Realm

In the beginning, there was The Creator. This was the divine spring from which all life spawned. With the formation of man, The Creator sent down The Servants. These were the beings of the pagan ages from Rome, to the Norse and even the deities of the New World once it was discovered. These beings were intended to get mankind to thank The Creator for all they were given. However, mankind believed that these ones were the true creators of the cosmos. Despite trying to regain the faith of the people, The Creator was unable to get humanity back. Fed up with his Servants, he created the Prophets. These Prophets would become the creators of monotheism. They went around toppling the power of the pagan Servants. These "gods" lost their power as followers melted like thawing snow.

The Creator did not want to destroy his Servants,so he allowed them two options to not simply fade away. The first option was to reincarnate as mortals, and many lesser deities chose this option. The second option, was that they cross the dimensional barrier. The Creator weakened the barriers just enough so only the deities could cross. Most of the major gods left to find followers in a realm without a god. All the pagan pantheons started picking their choices until only the Norse and the Greek pantheons remained. However, things were about to change.

It was another boring day on Mt. Olympus for the powerless gods. Zeus was sitting in his chair when a loud sound rang out.

"Brother. I have returned from speaking with our northern counterparts." Said a deep voice and Poseidon stood before Zeus.

"What is their choice on The Creator's options?" Zeus replied.

"They have decided to leave. They are pouring in their powers together to send who they can across to another world. The rest are reincarnating as mortals." Poseidon replied. Zeus just sighed.

"I see. You remember when the lesser deities left us brother?" He asked standing up and walking to Poseidon.

"Yes. The thousands of mythical creatures we helped make. The nymphs, neriads and so many other decided to reincarnate and now walk among the mortals. A sad time for all of us watching them go." Poseidon replied.

"Yes, it seems our day in the sun has come to an end dear brother. I think it is time we leave." Zeus said looking out into the sky.

"Are you sure?" Poseidon asked. Zeus simply nodded. "I'll shall gather the others and we can talk." He continued and vanished. That night, all 12 of the Olympians gathered to talk and Zeus sat down to speak.

"I have decided the time has come for us to make our choices. I would like to send six of us to another world where they can earn the affection of the people. I plan to go so who would like to go as well." Zeus said watching the group. The first to raise their hand was a surprise.

"I shall go brother. I may not have been the best brother, but I wish to finally earn the respect of mortals rather than fear." Said a man in black robes and blueish skin. This was Hades.

"I thank you Hades for your dedication. Who else?" Zeus asks. Artemis stood up.

"I would like to go. As a huntress, I can help protect all others going." She said. The another stood that most wouldn't expect which was Aphrodite.

"I wish to go too. My love for the romance of mortals has always been important to me. I want to be able to spread love in this new world just like I have here." Aphrodite said and Zeus smiled.

"I would expect no less of you." He replied. One more stood the wisdom goddess and warrior goddess Athena.

"I will go too father. No world has all the wisdom in the universe so teaching others my knowledge would be useful." Athena said. No one else stood after half an hour of Zeus waiting.

"Hera my love? You wish to reincarnate?" Zeus asked.

"Yes. I loved you,but you always went after other women,and I will not go with you just to have it happen again." Hera replied putting her arm on his shoulder and tearing up a bit.

"I know I haven't been faithful Hera and I respect your decision. Do you others choose to reincarnate?" Zeus said. The others slowly nodded or gave other signs of the affirmative.

"I see. Well before you all go I wish for your help to get us there and to redeem all I have done." Zeus said. The others agreed to help and Zeus smiled again.

"Hermes come wit me. My first redemption is to free that who protected mankind from my wrath." Zeus said.

"You mean you are freeing Prometheus?" Hermes asked.

"He has suffered for thousands of years and I want him to come with us for something else we must do." Zeus replied. The two flew a rock where a weary looking Titan was bound and a bird was coming down to do what it had done for millennia. Hermes called the bird to his arm and it stopped. Zeus walked up to Prometheus who looked at him.

"Have you come to humiliate me nephew? I told you I would never take back what I had done." Prometheus said. Zeus stepped forward and broke the chains binding the titan.

"You have suffered enough Prometheus. We plan to leave to another world and I wish to take you as a means to redeem myself. Will you accept?" Zeus asked. Prometheus looked at Zeus and then gave a weak smile.

"Time and power loss have made you much more benevolent dear Zeus. I accept to have this clean start." Prometheus said offering his hand to Zeus who took it in his.

"Thank you. now we must go to Elysium. It is time I talked with my father." Zeus said and the two nodded simply. Elysium was beautiful, but empty since The Creator took them to the True Afterlife. Standing at the entrance was a Titan. The King of the Titans, Chronos, the father of Zeus.

"Father I need your help." Zeus said.

"Ah son. Why do you need me? Did you all finally make your choice?" Chronos asked.

"Indeed, but we need more power to get just us few there, so we need you to negotiate with the titans to lend us enough power to get us across the dimensional barriers." Zeus said.

"I see. I shall help you son to make up for consuming your siblings just to protect my status as king of the gods." Chronos said. The group returned to the Olympians and they all headed down into Tartarus including Persephone. The Titans stood bound and Atlas was holding the planet still. Chronos and Prometheus lifted the earth off their brother's shoulders as it floated on its own.

"Chronos! Prometheus!" The titans called smiling.

"You guys beat Zeus!" one titan called.

"Actually we are all here to talk." Hades said as the titans looked at them and were angry.

"What do you have to talk about traitorus scum!" called a titan. Zeus stepped forward into the eyes of the titans.

"The Creator had given the choice to reincarnate or leave the universe. Prometheus, myself and four others plan to leave and we need your help. We shall free you in exchange for you lending your power." Zeus said bowing. This confused the titans and talked among each other. Then Crius, one of the four pillars of the army of the Titans came forward.

"I shall only lend my power on one condition. That Chronos go in your place Zeus." Crius said.

"How dare you ask such a thing!" Ares shouted.

"You no longer have the high ground in this bargaining. I won't give my power just so that traitor can leave. Our brother deserves to go just as much as Zeus since he was the original king of the gods." Crius replied. The other titans began chanting in agreement.

"Chronos must go!" The others called. All except Atlas and Crius looked at him.

"Why aren't you agreeing with us Atlas?!" Crius shouted.

"I have bore the weight of the world for many centuries. Being forced to bow has shown me true humility. i do not care who goes since my freedom has happened that is enough for me." Atlas said. The others still shouted that Chronos go and Zeus stepped to their feet and looked up.

"I accept." Zeus said, shocking everyone.

"Why brother?Why do you back down?" Hades asked.

"I have caused much pain to humanity, my blood relatives and my family." He said turning his head to Hera. "I now believe it is time that I give up the crown of the Greek pantheon. If my father can guard Elysium for so long, then he will be able to protect all who go to this new universe." Zeus said.

"Then we shall share our power. Where are we supposed to put it?" Crius said. Prometheus pulled out the Box of Pandora.

"This can hold the power of any divine. Hope came to humanity long ago so it is now empty." He placed the box down and the titans put their hands on the box and their power transferred into it. Their chains shattered and they were free.

"Now it is our turn." Zeus said and the other Olympians put their power inside. Persephone walked over to her husband.

"I have always loved you Hades so i want to give you something." She said reaching into her chest. Her essence was now in her hand and she placed it into a locket. "This holds the most vital parts of me. My personality and love of you, so simply build a body and we can be together in the new universe despite being separate." She said. Hades felt tears in his eyes which Persephone wiped away giving him a kiss before pouring her power into the box.

"Alright. Now before you six go. I give you this gift." Zeus said pulling out a bag. "This contains clay that, when breathed into by you, can be made into a living guardian servant." Zeus finished and Prometheus tied it to his waist.

The titans and Olympians gave last goodbyes and hugs. The six travelers opened the box containing the power of all other immortals who ever lived on Olympus or was a titan roared out and a portal was opened, but they couldn't see anything in on the other side. The everyone stopped when a sound erupted throughout Tartarus and a bright light shone.

"I see the last of my servants have made their decisions." The creator said in an echoing voice.

"Yes we have. Why have you come Creator?" Zeus asked.

"I simply came to say Goodbye to the six of you leaving. The souls of Tartarus have been taken to the True Afterlife like the others." The Creator replied. "I am sorry that I could not stop the conflict that erupted between you all, but know this. I shall be protecting all of you in your new lives on Earth, and watching you who travel." The creator finished.

The six looked at the portal and walked in one by one before the portal snapped shut leaving The Creator and the others. Tartarus began to fade away and they all embraced one last time with Zeus giving Hera one final kiss before they all vanished.

"You are all forgiven my servants. No...my children" The creator said before vanishing himself back to the True Afterlife.