• Published 19th Apr 2019
  • 286 Views, 4 Comments

Olympic Movement - Sanguine Blade



When the world doesn't like what do you do? Well leaving is one option.

  • ...
 4
 286

An Old Era

Chronos felt his body moving up and down and his eyes slowly started to open. All around them was a tundra of rock and snow all around. He searched all round him to find Aphrodite in the snow next to him.

"Aphrodite wake up." He said shaking her awake. Her eyes opened to look up at Chronos.

"Chronos? When did you have physical wings?" She said rising from the snow. Chronos looked at her back to see the wings of a Monarch Butterfly and turned his head to see feathery wings on his back with snow on them.

"Well you have a set of Butterfly wings, but I guess they are further symbols of beauty like that of a butterfly itself." Chronos said.

"Brother are you okay?" said a voice and out of the snow stood Prometheus. What both of them saw was a normal looking Prometheus, but a tail the same color as his hair protruded out of his pants.

"Yes I'm fine and so is Aphrodite. Have you seen the others?" Chronos asked and then they heard a punch followed by a flying Hades who landed in the snow in front of them with a pissed off Artemis walking her way over.

"No man touches me Hades!" She shouted in anger.

"Hey I didn't choose to wake up next to you in this world." Hades replied patting the snow off his black robes. Artemis just growled and turned away from him.

"Well that's all but Athena. Did either of you see her?" Aphrodite asked.

"I'm here." Athena said pushing Hades off where she was. "Artemis next time, please fling men away from everyone else." Athena calmly said.

"Where are we anyway?" Prometheus asked. The group looked in all directions and Artemis spotted a road and heard the sound of something walking along.

"Someone is coming." Artemis said preparing for combat with Chronos raiding his sickle and the others preparing to defend. Then out of the snow stood a being the group was surprised by. The creature stood on two legs, had the fur and head of a wolf, tail and ears.

"Hello. Why are you all out here?" The wolf man asked. Chronos stepped forward.

"We are lost I'm afraid. Would you happen to know of a village nearby?" He asked.

"Of course. Follow me." He said leading them back the way he came and after thirty minutes, a village of straw roofs lay before them. "This is the village of Canis, my home. I'm sure the local elder family can give you some food." The wolf man said.

"Thank you mister..."Aphrodite started.

"Oh my apologies. I am Scar, but some call me Leopard for me spotted fur." The wolf man, now Scar said. The group walked to the largest hut in the village and opened the fur covered door. Two elderly anthro wolves sat at a table and turned to see the group.

"Ah Ravage dear boy what brings you and these new beings here?" The female said.

"We are here because we got lost in the tundra. I am Chronos and these are my family. We were told you could help teach us about where we are now?" Chronos said. The old woman walked to the group and looked them over.

"I'd be happy to help you and your fine family Chronos, what about you dear?" She says turning to her husband.

"Oh of course. However since you are adults it is tradition here that everyone contribute to the village in some way. Children do small things like feeding the animals while adults do heavy work such as crop tending and hunting. I trust you and your family are capable of contributing?" The man said.

"Yes we can. I was a farmer of sorts in my homeland." He then pointed to Prometheus and Artemis. "Prometheus my brother is a craftsman, Artemis is a huntress." He then pointed to the others. "Athena has wisdom of many things including complex strategy, Hades was a guard and Aphrodite...is best with children and solving romantic issues." Chronos replied.

"Ah I see a truly beneficial group you are. You may stay with us. Our house is a lot emptier since our children all live in their own house in the village." the man replied. "Scar. I want you to take Artemis with you on your next hunt. Hades I'll introduce you to the head of the militia tomorrow. Prometheus you would be of great help in constructing and maintaining the village and any expansion. Athena, I would like to pick your brain as it were to help run the town with my wife and I. As for you Aphrodite, We could tell the local mothers that we have a foreign storyteller staying for a while. Chronos you can help our people tend the crops we have." The Elder finished.

" Thank you for your kindness." Aphrodite said giving the elderly man a peck on the cheek and he blushed. The crew went to bed to prepare for their new jobs tomorrow. As the group went to sleep, Hades pulled out his gift from Persephone and hugged it to his chest.

"I will bring you back to me Persephone." He said before tucking it back into his coat and fell asleep with a smile on his face. The Elder's wife saw the spectacle and smiled at the desire of the young lad. She didn't entirely understand, but whoever this woman was, this man was loyal to her and her alone when it came to his heart.

Author's Note:

Quick addition. In this story I did not really desribe the height of the gods so this is them by height.
Chronos- 10'
Prometheus 9'
Hades 8'8
Athena 7'10
Artemis 7'6
Aphrodite 6'10