• Published 31st Mar 2019
  • 501 Views, 17 Comments

EoH Evolution Special: Rainbow Rocks/Kamen Rider Bahamut: Episode 0 - Bahamut0



After the fight at the Fall Formal, Burst Stream thought that was it. But his battles are far from over. By contracting with Dracoplatinum, a new battle will begin. HENSHIN!

  • ...
2
 17
 501

Show Time!

"Hmm." Burst Stream was deep in thought as he ate his breakfast. The past few days he'd been practicing with his friends in their band. It was easy enough for them to land a slot in the Battle of the Bands, but that wasn't the source of his worry. What truly concerned him was how the Rainbooms had made it into the competition despite wrecking their own performance! "Something about this reeks."

"Something troubling you?" Nightmare Moon asked as she took a seat near Burst Stream. "In all the time I've known you, you always seem to smile and be easygoing."

"You've only known me for a few days." Burst Stream noted. It had only been a couple of days since he'd invited Nightmare Moon into his home. In fact, one could almost say the girl had practically moved in given how little she carried with her. "As for what's bugging me, it's concerning the Battle of the Bands. I can't shake the feeling that things are going to reach a climax once it gets down to the main event."

"Well, I didn't have much interest in the competition to begin with." Nightmare Moon said with a shrug. She then gave Burst Stream a small smile. "Then again, I don't suppose you're looking for a cheering section?"

"Keep up this banter and the two of you could be mistaken for a couple." Lumina Burst said as she exited the kitchen with a plate of food for her home's newest resident. Her sapphire-blue eyes sparkled with life, and her white skin was only matched in fairness by her platinum blonde hair. Most people would find it hard to believe that she was a mother, let alone still holding the career of a model. "Of course, I've been waiting for the day Burst would bring home a girl."

"Excuse me." Burst Stream said with a slight blush as he got up from his seat. "But I'm not dressed to endure this embarrassment. I'm going to get changed." And with that, Burst Stream retreated to his bedroom to don his usual outfit. Leaving his mom and Nightmare Moon alone.

"So." Lumina said with a warm smile as she sat down. "It looks like my son came to your rescue."

"Well, he did say that he wanted to be like the heroes he looked up to." Nightmare Moon replied with a ghost of a smile. "He's also shown me the most kindness by offering me to stay here with you two. Are you sure that me staying here isn't any trouble?"

"Don't be absurd." Lumina said with a giggle. "My current occupation provides more than enough money, so you don't have to worry about driving up our expenses. I take it you've informed your boyfriend about your current lodging status?"

"Actually, I haven't. Because I'm not going back to him." Nightmare Moon said with a sigh. "I'd prefer to say nothing about it, if that's alright with you."

"I understand." Lumina said with a nod. "At least tell him to his face that you're done with him."

'Trust me. I'm going to make sure that he gets the message loud and clear.' Nightmare Moon thought to herself as she nodded in response. It wasn't long before she found herself on Burst Stream's motorcycle on the way to CHS. She was greeted with an unpleasant sight once she and Burst Stream entered the building.

"Where have you been?" Night Terror asked in a cold tone.

"If you were worried about me, you should've called." Nightmare Moon responded in kind. However, the calm tone of her voice was betrayed by the fury her gaze held. "But then again, it's not like you ever prioritized my well-being or happiness."

"You don't need to be happy!" Night Terror snapped! "Our bond is one of sorrow! That's the only way for us to be together! We don't need happiness when we're sad together!"

"Your logic is screwed up, pal." Burst Stream interjected. "If you really love her, then shouldn't you want her to be happy?"

"Love? Love?!" Night Terror growled! "What did that have to do with me selecting her as my queen?! All I wanted was a woman with a powerful presence at my side! Nothing more! Return to me, Nightmare Moon! You've been defiled by this fool's presence long enough!"

". . . So you finally confirmed what I've thought for the last few months." Nightmare Moon said as her eyes narrowed. "Listen well Night Terror. I'm not coming back to you. We're done. I'm tired of you encouraging me to stay sad and angry. I'm through with being miserable. And above all, it's clear you don't care about my happiness."

"You. . . " Night Terror growled as he clenched his fist and glared at Burst Stream! "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU MADE HER WEAK! YOU CORRUPTED HER! YOU STOLE HER FROM ME!"

"Nightmare Moon's left you of her own free will." Burst Stream countered as he returned the glare. "The only person you have to blame is yourself. And considering how unhealthy your relationship was? Maybe she was never yours to begin with. You never loved her, so you have no right to say she's yours."

"Your presence vexes me." Night Terror hissed as he turned to leave with his flunkies in tow. "Let the Dazzlings play their little game on their own! There's no point in joining them now!" 'I may have lost my queen. But soon, she will see that I'm right for her. I'll make her see. . . '

"So? How do you feel?" Burst Stream asked Nightmare Moon.

"Free. . . " Nightmare Moon said as she took in a deep breath. "I can't think of a time I've been more happy than now."

"Well, I'm just glad to see that you're better than you were when I first saw you." Burst Stream said with a smile. "I've gotta get going! My friends are preparing for the battle! Wish me luck!" And with that, Burst Stream ran off to find his friends.

It wasn't long before the Battle of the Bands was underway, and every act was gunning for the top spot. However, for the Rainbooms, things weren't going so well as Trixie's band trapped them in a room! Thankfully, they were rescued by Spike and Vinyl Scratch just in time! Before long, the Dazzlings took the stage and their power began to grow due to the adoration of the crowd! However, their gathering of power was interrupted as soon as the Rainbooms burst onto the scene! The two bands clashed with the student body held as a literal captive audience! Gelnewts spawned from nearby reflective surfaces and kept the students trapped! However, one brave soul refused to do nothing!

"Hey uglies!" Goldenrise cried out as he got into a fighting stance! "You're gonna have to try harder if you want to keep us pinned here!" And with that, he threw himself at the squad of mirror monsters! 'Maybe this won't make up for everything I've done. But if nothing else, I know that I'll go down being better than I was before!"

But despite the valiant efforts of Goldenrise, the Gelnewts still outnumbered him and were stronger than the average human. It was then that Nightmare Moon decided to lend a hand. Her added strength didn't turn the tide, but it did provide Goldenrise with some much needed assistance.

"So you are still afflicted with foolishness, are you?" Night Terror purred as he made the Gelnewts stand down with a wave of his hand. "My offer to return to my side still stands Nightmare Moon."

"And if I refuse?" Nightmare Moon spat.

"Then it's a shame I have to dispose of you." Night Terror said with a psychotic chuckle. "If you can't be mine, then you'll belong to no one!"

Meanwhile, Burst Stream was watching the whole scene from the nearby entrance to the main building. As he observed the situation, Dracoplatinum appeared in a nearby window.

"You don't have to do anything, you know." Dracoplatinum said as his head peaked out of the reflective surface. "No one would fault you for running away. I wouldn't fault you either."

"Maybe you could live with that," Burst Stream said as he clenched his fist. "But I could never live with myself if I ran now. The people I care about need me. My home's in danger. And right now, there are a lot of people who need help! Twilight and the girls are handling the Dazzlings, but those monsters are menacing the audience!"

"So what will you do?" Dracoplatinum asked.

". . . " Burst Stream was silent as he pulled out the Advent Deck from his pocket and drew out the Contract card. Holding it right in front of Dracoplatinum! "Let's do it." Dracoplatinum nodded, and shot forward out of the window and into the contract card!

Burst Stream found himself in a grey version of the armor he'd summoned back at the Fall Formal. Suddenly, Dracoplatinum coiled around him and disappeared in a flash of light! The mounted gauntlet on Burst's left arm transformed so that it was modeled after Dracoplatinum while his grey suit turned white! The helmet resembled a dragon's head with the faceplate seemingly in the mouth of a dragon! The chest armor turned from a dull silver to a brilliant platinum! Kamen Rider Bahamut was born!

"Let's go!" Bahamut cried out as he charged at the Gelnewts! Batting away the ones surrounding Goldenrise and Nightmare Moon! "How about you try picking on someone who can actually fight back?"

"ATTACK!" Night Terror screamed as the Gelnewts surrounded Kamen Rider Bahamut!

'Burst Stream!' Dracoplatinum told Bahamut mentally! 'Draw a card from the deck, and slot it into the visor on your left arm! The Advent Cards will aid you well in battle!'

"Who's ready for a game of cards?" Bahamut quipped as he drew a card from the Advent Deck and slotted it into the Dragvisor Neo on his arm! A computerized voice called out "Sword Vent!", and a sword themed after Dracoplatinum dropped into Bahamut's right hand!

Bahamut slashed at the Gelnewts! The additional strength granted to him by his weapon allowing him to tear through the cannon fodder Mirror Monsters like paper! However, that didn't stop a few of the more determined mooks from hurling the giant shuriken on their back right at him! Bahamut quickly holstered his sword onto his back, and drew another Advent Card! This one depicting a shield modeled after Dracoplatinum's chest!

"GUARD VENT!" The visor's voice called out as the shield materialized in Bahamut's hands! The incoming shuriken did little damage as the shield blocked them! With the Gelnewts completely unarmed, Bahamut set to work mopping up the stragglers!

"Heart of the cards guide me. . . " Bahamut said as he drew the next card. It depicted the crest that was on his Advent Deck. "Final Vent?"

'Your finishing move.' Dracoplatinum answered. 'And since the fight's almost over, I'd say now's a good time to use it.'

Burst Stream immediately slotted the card into his visor!

"FINAL VENT!"The visor announced!

Dracoplatinum was summoned to Bahamut's side! The entire crowd in awe of the Advent Beast before them! Dracoplatinum let out a might roar before firing a blast of lightning from his mouth at the Gelnewt stragglers! While the Gelnewts were stunned, Bahamut ran towards them before throwing himself into a flying kick boosted by Dracoplatnium's lightning blast!

"HYAAAAH!" Bahamut cried out as his kick impacted the remaining Mirror Monsters! Making them explode upon impact! "Looks like you're all out of bodies to throw at me."

"You think this is over?!" Night Terror hissed.

"If it isn't now, it will be in a couple seconds." Bahamut said with a smirk beneath his helmet as he noticed the Rainbooms unleashing their magic and overpowering the Dazzlings! "Look up."

Night Terror's pupil's shrank to pinpricks as he witnessed the Dazzlings' defeat! And with them beaten, whatever empowerment they'd bestowed upon him quickly faded. He was down, and was out in mere moments after Bahamut slugged him in the face.

"Sweet dreams, crazy." Bahamut said with a nod as he began to take his leave.

"Wait!" Nightmare Moon called to the rider! "There's a friend of mine who I didn't catch sight of!"

"Relax." Bahamut said as he turned to face Nightmare Moon. "Burst Stream's safe. Wouldn't be the first time I've given him a hand. He'll turn up sooner or later." He then turned his attention to Goldenrise. "Don't think I've forgotten about you."

"If you're here to punish me for my past mistakes, go ahead." Goldenrise said. "I deserve it."

"That's not why I'm here." Bahamut said as he approached the fallen apprentice. "I'm here to say that you did good by risking your own life to protect others. You're becoming a better man than you were before. And it'd be a shame to lose you before you can fully realize that."

"I don't deserve that kind of chance." Goldenrise said sadly.

"No. But you need it." Bahamut said with a smile hidden by his helmet as he gestured to Sunset being embraced by the Rainbooms. "It's done her a world of good. And something tells me it'll do the same for you."

". . . Thank you."

"Just doing my job." Bahamut said with a nod as he made his way to the nearest reflective surface, and jumped right in! Leaving an awestruck, but thankful crowd before! Bahamut soon exited the mirror and found himself in the hallways of CHS. "Now. How do I get back to normal?"

"Stand with your arms spread out slightly, and focus on dispelling the armor." Dracoplatinum answered.

"Gotcha." Bahamut said as he followed the Advent Beast's instructions. A vertical ring of electric blue energy materialized right in the middle of Bahamut's armor, and pulled apart! Reverting the rider back to Burst Stream.

"Now then." Burst said as he clapped his hands together and dashed towards the battle site! "It's show time!" Burst made his way to the stage, and he and his band took the stage as they performed!

Song played by Burst and friends:

After his performance, Burst and his friends exited the stage. He promptly found himself in Nightmare Moon's tight embrace!

"Looks like I've got a fan already." Burst Stream joked.

"I was so worried when I didn't see you in the battle." Nightmare Moon said as she loosened her hold slightly. "You're one of the first people to care about me."

"Hey." Burst Stream said as he put a hand on Nightmare Moon's shoulder. "You're not gonna lose me that easily. I can promise you that." He then caught Sunset and Goldenrise talking to each other out of the corner of his eye. 'And it looks like there's another couple that are going to be inseparable too.'

"My hero." Nightmare Moon said with a small smile.

However, things weren't completely settled as Twilight had the Dazzlings be rounded up.

"So. What's in store for us princess?" Adagio said with a defeated look in her eyes. "Throw us in tartarus? Shove us into a dungeon?"

"Your magic's been destroyed. You don't have access to your singing voices anymore. As far as I can tell, you can't do any more harm." Twilight said. "But you still need to answer for your deeds. I'll be taking you three back to Unity. We'll decide the outcome once we're all back home." And with that, she escorted the three siren siblings through the portal.

A day later, Burst was roaming about the city. Things were finally back to normal. That is, until Burst Stream heard a strange ringing in his ears. He looked in a nearby window, and saw a Mirror Monster moving about. He also saw Dracoplatinum nodding, and he thrust out the Advent Deck! In a flash of light, the V-Buckle materialized around Burst Stream's waist!

"HENSHIN!" Burst cried out as he slotted the Advent Deck into the buckle! A sphere of electric blue energy surrounded Burst as two rings of energy traveled up and down his body! Transforming him into Kamen Rider Bahamut! With his transformation, Burst Stream leaped into the nearby mirror and mounted a pod-like vehicle that drove him towards the source of the trouble!

Once on the other side of the mirror, Bahamut took to engaging the Mirror Monster! Unbeknownst to him, two figures were watching from atop a building.

"So. He's the one who reactivated the Bahamut Deck." A figure in bat-themed armor said as he watched Bahamut fight. "He's got some good skills for being a rookie Kamen Rider."

"So which of us is going to show him the ropes?" A figure in dragon-themed armor said. However, instead of a western style dragon, it was themed after an eastern style. "You taught me how to fight when we were up against Xaviax. Plus, you've already mentored some of the previous wielders of the next generation Advent Decks. Right, Len?"

"Well, Kit, I think you'd be a better fit for him." Kamen Rider Wing Knight said to his friend. "One dragon knight to another."

Back with Bahamut, he'd managed to get the monster onto its last legs!

"Time to finish this!" Bahamut drew his Final Vent card, and slotted it without any hesitation! Dracoplatinum stunned the Mirror Monster with a blast of lightning before Burst Stream ran towards the monster! launching himself into a flying kick boosted by Dracoplatnium's lightning blast! "HYAAAH!"