• Published 26th Mar 2019
  • 3,604 Views, 284 Comments

🐍 Medusa - Phantom-Dragon



A revival of Lauren Faust's scrapped project and inspired by WubcakeVA. The Rainbooms and friends are teaming up to help Medusa lift her curse.

  • ...
4
 284
 3,604

Enter the Pink-Spider (It's a Working Title) – August 1 (Spider-Man Day)

“Oh look! Check this out!” Twilight pointed in her book. “It says here that snakes, spiders, and olive trees are all symbolic of the goddess Athena. But the owl is her sacred animal, because it represents wisdom.”

“Great,” Spike muttered. “But any chance there’s a dog who is a sacred animal?”

Before Twilight can answer, the sound of screaming was heard.

"What's going on out there?" Twilight asked.


Earlier

"Well, first off," Sunset began. "By chance, are you familiar with Athena?" She asked to the gorgon, who looked up with piqued interests.

“Athena?” Medusa muttered uneasily. “What do you know of Athena?”

“Only from some stories about you,” Sunset replied. “They say that you were cursed by her because of some.....” Sunset was searching for the right words, but hesitated when she noticed how unnerving Maddie looked. “Anyway, I just thought I should talk to you about this first, because I was thinking we could go to her temple later, and ask for her help. That is, if you’re okay with it.”

Medusa looked up at Sunset Shimmer, with her transparent, yet reflective, third eyelids closed to contain her petrifying stares, "I don't know," She muttered, turning her head to look away, "If the sssstoriessss say that Athena wassssss the one who curssssed me to be thisssss way, then I think ssssseeking an audiencccce with her would not be ssssssuch a wisssssse thing."

"But we have to at least try something," Sunset replied. "I mean, if Athena didn't cursed you, then who did?"

"I...I....No!" Medusa hyperventilated, as her unpleasant traumas flashed before her eyes, with the unpleasant feelings of guilt and regrets resurfacing. “No please! No!” The gorgon pleaded, to which Sunset backed away, while Fluttershy wearily woke up from the commotion. “Don’t make me relive that day! Don't make me relive that day!”

"Huh? Goodness, what's going on?" Fluttershy asked, wiping the sleeps from her eyes.

"No!" Medusa hissed, as she and her snakes both thrashed about in increasing anxiety in their coils.

"Medusa, calm down. Stop! Please calm down!" Sunset said, as she struggled to get the gorgon under control. "Calm down! You're going to-"

"Hey quiet in there!" Someone in the next room shouted.

"Sorry!" Sunset apologized, before turning her attention to Medusa, just in time to see Fluttershy coaxing and calming the gorgon in a hug, with a few gentle strokes.

"There, there, it's alright," Fluttershy cooed. "Shhhhh. You're safe now."

With a hiss, and after a series of short and heavy breathings, Medusa composed herself, while Sunset touched her geode and walked up, putting her hand on Medusa's shoulder, once again diving into her memories. Again, Sunset sees herself through Medusa's eyes, pleading for mercy and forgiveness, before the woman who had cursed her life. It must be the goddess Athena. But once again, the source and the event behind her wrath remains unclear.

Sunset could only watch and empathize with Medusa's intensifying fear as the goddess, Athena, held her hand up, casting her spell onto Medusa in a flash of light. From there, Sunset knew the rest.

"C'mon! There's got to be more to this!" Sunset said mentally with frustration. "Please, Maddie. Work with me. Tell me what went wrong!" Before Sunset could find the answer she was looking for, she was pulled back to reality, when she was startled by what sounded to be an earsplitting, bloodcurdling screech of a bird, thus breaking Sunset's concentration on her power.

"AH!!" Fluttershy yelped, two having been startled by the sound.

Both girls and Medusa looked off into the distance, out of the window, curious to what the commotion was, "What was that?"

Sunset Shimmer stepped out of the balcony to observe from the deck, "Huh, there's nothing out-" Sunset's nose twitched, to a foul odor. "Ew, what's that-AH!!!" The fiery girl screamed, when a pair of talons suddenly grabbed her and snatched her off floor.

"SUNSET!!" Fluttershy and Maddie shouted, watching as their friend was carried away, into the air, screaming.

"SUNSET!!!" Fluttershy called out desperately, right when Applejack and Rainbow Dash came into the room, with the others.

"Fluttershy? What-What's goin' on?" Applejack asked.

"It's Sunset!" Fluttershy said frantically. "She's been taken!"

"What? Taken?" Rainbow asked. "Taken where? By who?"

"Harpy!" Medusa hissed in horror. "The creature that made off with SSSSSSunsssset isssss a curssssed harpy!"

"A harpy?" Fluttershy whimpered. "What's a harpy?"

"A harpy is another creature originated from Greek Mythology," Twilight lectured, while opening up her Encyclopedia on Greek Mythologies. "A harpy has the wings and talons of a vulture, but the body of a woman. They're often referred to as storm spirits, and are said to be the cause of mysterious disappearances in Ancient Greece. According to legends, they're used by the gods to capture and punish the guilty."

"Well, maybe somebody ought to tell them that our dear friend was pardon for her past misdeeds then?" Rarity commented.

Meanwhile, Medusa had a look of dread on her face, "Or maybe, it'sssss me they want!" She hissed in dread.

"No, no, Medusa, don't start that song again," Rainbow Dash shook her head.

"But Twilight hassss read the truth!" The gorgon continued. "The harpiessss have come for me. I've doomed usssss all. The godssss musssst've known I have esssscaped my island, are now sssssending the harpiessss for me, and anyone who getsssss in their way!"

"Maddie..."

"Look, we'll worry about what those buzzards want later," Applejack said, getting everyone back on topic. "Right now, we gotta get out there and rescue our friend!"

Then, faster than Rainbow Dash could run, an idea perked up in Pinkie Pie's head, "This looks like a job for...." Reaching into her hair, Pinkie got a bag of sprinkles, which she threw down to the ground, creating a bright cloud of pink smokes, before she disappears and reappears in a superhero costume. "Pink-Spider!" She declared dramatically.

Everyone in the room all stared at their eccentric friend, in disbelief, "Pink-Spider?" Rainbow Dash began.

"That's MISS Pink-Spider to you!" Pinkie pointed her finger at the athlete.

"Miss Pink-Spider?" Fluttershy inquired. "You mean like Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends?"

"No!"

"I think she's trying to be a parody of Spider-Man," Rainbow Dash explained.

"I AM SPIDER-MAN!" Pinkie Pie said angrily.

"You're a spider and a man?" Medusa asked in bewilderment.

"No! I mean, yes. I mean, oh this is so embarrassingly out-of-context," Pinkie Pie groaned. "Alright, let's do this one last time," She began, as she narrates. "My name is Pinkamena Diana Pie. But my friends call me Pinkie Pie. I was born on a Tuesday on a rock farm, when I was bitten by a radioactive spider. And for my whole life, I am secretly the one and only Miss Pink-Spider! Eh, it's a working title. But anyway, I've thrown lots of parties, baked cakes, throw parties again, bake even more cakes, and I've saved the world now and then with my friends, AND I THROW A LOT MORE PARTIES! Oh, and I even did this!"

"But we don't talk about it. Look, I'm a TV Star. Kids loved me! I'm also an action figure, a doll, a comic book, wrote some songs, and threw a lot of parties, and I have a HUGE fanbase. They even wrote a theme song about me!"

"NO, NO! Not that one! Not that one! That one was awful! THIS ONE!"

Pinkie's Theme Song by the Phony Brony

"It's a catchy tune. But hey, after everything, I still love being Pink-Spider! I mean, who wouldn't? So no matter how many times people would want to pop my balloons, or how much time I have left until the end of G4 to G5, or the odds of G5 being another terrible reboot of the thing we all know and love growing up, I'm always going to be the one and only, Pinkie Pie! Because for what it's worth, friendship is magic!"

"And scene!" Pinkie Pie concluded, much to her friend's bewilderment and disbelief.

"Whoa," Rainbow Dash commented. "You've been a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, uh I mean, Spider-Girl this whole time? And you didn't even tell us until now?"

"Actually, I told it to Sunset Shimmer," Pink-Spider confirmed. "Y'know, after we became friends. She's my Stan Lee. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got an author and friend to save!" With a flick of her hand, Pink-Spider shot a string of pink web fluids from her wrist, and with a leap of faith, she was on her way.

"CANNELLONI–CANNOLI!" She hollered, as she disappears into the night. Not too far off, a loud crash echoed, in which a loud cat yowling was heard.

Meanwhile, the girls and Spike were getting over their shock at what just happened, "Did that really just happened?" Spike asked.

"I don't know," Rainbow replied, before an excited grin appeared on her face. "But I ain't gonna let Pinkie have all the fun! C'mon! Sunset Shimmer's our friend too, and she needs our help! Who's with me?"

"Indubitably!" Rarity joined in.

"Affirmative!" Twilight confirmed.

"Yee-haw!" Applejack added.

"Yay," Fluttershy said.

"Yeah!" Spike barked.

"Pizza!" Everyone all looked at Maddie, weirdly. "I wasssss thinking of having sssssome more pizza after thissss."

Getting back on track, Rainbow Dash leads the girls and dog to raise their hands, paws, and claws to the air, "EXCELSIOR!"

Author's Note:

August 1st.

Happy Spider-Man Day!

From his very first debut on this exact same day in 1962, our favorite friendly neighborhood Spider-Man continues to swing his way into our pop cultures from the comic books, video games, movies, TV Shows, merchandise, internet, popsicles...

AND

...this thing he did, courtesy of one Toby Maguire.