• Published 13th Mar 2019
  • 196 Views, 0 Comments

Dark souls: Undead Equestria. - Kings_of_Medicine



Starlight glimmer, travels all around equestria to save it from it's horrible fate.

  • ...
 0
 196

Chapter II: Encounter

Ponyville, at this point in time, was in ruins. Some buildings were on fire. Some looked like even the slightest touch would make whatever was left of it crumble and collapse. And some were just piles of bricks and wood, completely demolished. not all were ruined, but it was only a matter of time until they were. Though Starlight was aware of this, the thick fog limited her vision, only letting her see maybe fifteen feet ahead. It wasn't like this when she was here last time. And since Ponyville is filled with hollows, Starlight was on edge, fearing that a hollow would jump out at her when she wasn't ready. And sure enough, two hollows entered Starlight's field of vision. She had dealt with hollows before, using the environment as a tool to trap them. But this time, she had a weapon.

The two hollows mindlessly ran towards Starlight. One of the two started slashing aimlessly. Starlight got out of the way, and attacked the other hollow. She defeated it in three swings of her sword. Unfortunately, she was attacked from behind by the first hollow. "Ow!" She screamed. She quickly turned around and sliced her sword through the hollows neck, decapitating it. "T-That would've ended badly." She took a sip of her Estus.

One of the hollows dropped a wooden shield. Starlight picked it up and strapped it on one of her front hooves, and continued moving. With luck, she didn't run into any more hollows, but she did run into more trouble on her journey. Once she got to the town square, Starlight could hear the sound of wings flapping. It sounded nothing like the wings of Pegasi. They sounded bigger. "So if it's not a Pegasus... Then that means...." Starlight looked up and through the fog was a giant dragon, with purple and green scales. When it landed all the fog got pushed away and Starlight could see it quite clearly. A fully grown dragon. Right in front of Starlight. looking directly at her.

The dragons scales looked as they were made out of stone. Its claws were long and sharp. Its tail was long. Longer than the actual dragon itself. The Dragons tail had destroyed many buildings when it landed, and caused a small earthquake.

Starlight didn't like her chances. She immediately turned around and ran. The dragon roared. It nearly made Starlight trip up. She looked behind her. The dragon was breathing green fire and it was going in her direction. Starlight ran quicker. looking for an alleyway or anything to protect her from the flames when they caught up to her. She didn't have much time left. She decided to improvise. She jumped through the nearest window into a building. It was the only option for her, other than burning to a crisp and start hollowing when she returned to the previous bonfire after death. Starlight felt a chill when she thought about dying that way. Though she got out of the way of the fire, she wasn't out of the way just yet. The house she was now in had caught on fire. To complicate matters, an armoured hollow was in there with her. So she ran up to it and tried to land a surprise attack on it. But this hollow was surprisingly quick. It turned around blocked Starlight's attack with its own sword, and quickly followed by an attack. Starlight blocked it with her shield, But she didn't get an opening to attack. The armoured hollow just kept attacking over and over again. Starlight managed to push the Hollow back, which made it stagger. "I don't have time to be dealing with you!" she exclaimed, as she finally stabbed it in the chest. The hollow wasn't dead yet, but Starlight ran away. her main concern was getting out of the burning building and get away from the dragon.

the dragon, however, was a step ahead of Starlight. It was waiting for her outside. It was ready to kill Starlight where she stood. It raised its claws and was about to crush Starlight like a bug. But before that could happen, the sound of a bell ringing was heard, and the dragon just stopped what it was doing, and flew away in direction of the ringing bell.

Starlight stood there for more than a couple minutes, scared and confused about what just happened. After regaining her senses, She continued onward. Her legs were shaking. Her breathing was erratic. And for a while her vision was blurry. she hoped that she wouldn't have to encounter another dragon in a long time.

***

Starlight had finally made it to the Entrance of the Everfree forest. She never thought she'd be happy to see it. To the right of the pathway into the forest was a bonfire. Starlight happily sat down by it. The warmth was nice. it took her three hours to get here in some really cold weather. She could've fallen asleep next to this bonfire, but the strange creature that was sitting at the bonfire with her kept her on guard. the creature had a helmet on, hiding its face. on the creatures torso was armour with a sun emblem on it. It wasn't hostile, she knew that much. It looked at her through its helmet. "oh!" It said. "i didn't see you there. uh, you look quite confused. as am I. It seems I've stumbled into another world. and that the inhabitants are all talking horses. It's like a dream i had once. Except that dream was much less bleak."

Starlight raised an eyebrow. "What are you?" he voice cracked a little, obviously still shaken up by that dragon.

The creature laughed. "Oh right, I am Solaire of Astora. A warrior of sunlight. It's a pleasure to meet you." Solaire held out his hand to offer a handshake.

Starlight put her hoof in Solaire's hand. "It's good to know that a creature who's supposedly from another world knows about hoofshakes." she said jokingly. "I'm Starlight Glimmer"

"Ah, so that's what they call handshakes here. That makes sense." Solaire put his hands close to the bonfire. "Are you undead as well?"

Starlight nodded. "So it's not just Equestria then..."

Solaire got up and stretched. "Sorry to leave so soon. I must find a way back to my own world, But i have a feeling we'll meet again. If you are in any need of help, you can summon me as a spirit , and we can engage in some jolly co-operation! just find my summon signature.you wont have trouble finding it, it has a brilliant aura." He started walking away. "If you miss it, you must be blind. Hah hah hah!" and just like that he was gone.

Starlight laughed nervously. She thought Solaire was an odd creature. Out of all the things that had happened to her today, this was by far the weirdest thing to happen to her. But she thought He was nice enough. It was getting dark. Starlight wondered if she was ready to enter the forest. Soon she got up from the ground. With nothing but a Wooden shield and a short sword that was close to breaking, Starlight took her first steps into the Everfree forest.

Author's Note:

hey! thanks for reading chapter two. as you can tell this isn't ponies, it will have characters from dark souls too (mostly the first game though I've only played ds1 and 2. and ds 2 doesn't have many memorable characters in my opinion.).

i hope you had fun reading this. as always criticism is fun and i would love to improve. if you have any writing suggestions, or you notice any mistakes in my story. please tell me, i will be very grateful (im not one of those people who get mad when they get criticised either, so be as brutal as you want with it. heck. even make jokes about how bad this most likely is, i dont mind) :twilightsmile: