• Published 13th Mar 2019
  • 195 Views, 0 Comments

Dark souls: Undead Equestria. - Kings_of_Medicine



Starlight glimmer, travels all around equestria to save it from it's horrible fate.

  • ...
 0
 195

Chapter I: Ponyville sanctuary

Starlight Glimmer woke up next to a bonfire. She doesn't remember what happened. She assumed that she died. Her body looked like it was rotting away. and she was giving off a god awful smell. She got up and looked through her saddle bag. she took out an Effigy and used it. "There. Good as new." She thought to herself.

Starlight observed her surroundings. the floor was damp. mold was all over the walls. Starlight kept her distance from them. She was probably underground. The sound of monsters stomping above them proved that. A fog wall was at the end of this long underground corridor. it was barely visible, even with the bonfire, it was incredibly dark.

Starlight was about to get up, but then she saw somepony sitting on the opposite side of the bonfire. A pony with Yellow fur and a pink main. Her face, hidden with her hood. Only her glowing blue eyes could be seen. Starlight didn't feel threatened though.

Suddenly, the hooded pony spoke up. "Fellow undead," Her voice was soft and calming, which surprised Starlight. the mysterious pony took off her hood. "It is not wise to enter these parts without being equipped with the proper equipment. in fact you had nothing but that bag. no amour, no Estus, nothing. what were you thinking?"

Starlight took a while to respond. She hadn't talked in ages. She couldn't even remember what she sounded like. "W-Well, y-you see, usually, dying isn't a problem." She spoke quietly. Her throat was dry. "I just get my supplies and then run back to my hideout... also, where am I?"

The hooded pony laughed. "You are in the Ponyville sanctuary. Here, Take this. I have have enough of these things to spare one for you" She threw an Estus flask over to Starlight.

Starlight caught it. She got up. "I've got to get going. Thank you." She walked away towards the fog wall. The warmth of the bonfire was fading.

"Find a weapon, Starlight. Your magic can only take you so far. Equestria isn't what it used to be. Magic has been getting weaker recently."

Starlight turned around. "How do you know my-" The sentence was left unfinished. The hooded pony was no longer at the bonfire. She had disappeared. Starlight shuddered, cleared her mind and walked over to the fog wall.and hesitantly walked through it... Only to be met face to face with a Chimera.

The Chimera was terrifying to Starlight. It was an amalgamation. the head and front legs of a Saber-toothed tiger, The head and hind legs of a goat, and a snake for a tail. It noticed Starlight, and the tiger head Roared, and the Chimera leapt over to starlight and swiped at her.

Starlight tried to get out of the way but she was to slow. She was sent flying into a wall. It hurt like hell, but she pushed through the pain and got up as fast as she could and ran to the other side of the room. It was a very spacious room. In one corner there was a short sword. Starlight knew what to do. she sent a bolt of magic into the Chimera. The creature staggered. This gave Starlight enough time to run over and get the sword. she held the hilt in her mouth.

Though Starlight was a unicorn, using her magic to pick up items was impossible. The curse of the undead drained almost all magic from Equestria. the only beings that were able to keep all their magic were alicorns. The alicorns godlike powers are seemingly the only things immune to the curses effects. Even living unicorns that use magic have trouble with it. Only the very small amount of undead unicorns can use magic properly, and Starlight was not a part of that small amount.

Starlight had to think fast. What she lacked in magical ability, she made up for with her strategic intelligence. As the Chimera regained concentration , starlight backed herself up against a wall and prepared herself.

The Chimera once again charged in the direction of Starlight, and was about to ram directly into her, but She jumped out of the way, and the goat head got stuck in the wall. This was Starlight's chance.she slashed at the snake tail. it fell off and turned into dust. she slashed away at the body. soon enough, the Goat head was free.

Starlight was shocked at how fast the thing got out of that trap. She backed off. but at this point, Starlight knew it was close to death. It was limping towards her. this time it was her turn to run towards the Chimera. She jumped and stabbed straight down into the tiger head. Blood splattered everywhere as the creature collapsed. Starlight pulled her sword out of the head and the Chimera was no more. it turned to ash, just like the snake. Starlight caught her breath. She couldn't believe she just defeated a Chimera All by herself. She noticed it dropped something. She picked it up. It was a key. She put it in her saddle bag and walked slowly out of the room and up a staircase.

The hooded pony was waiting for her at the top of the staircase. "I see you have passed my test." Her voice was as calm as it was before. "Then it seems you are the one who is destined to save Equestria..."

Starlight didn't respond. She was at a loss for words.

"My name is Fluttershy. I've been waiting for someone like-" she was cut off.

"Wait, you're that Fluttershy?!" Starlight exclaimed.

"Yes, the one and only. the element of.... kindness..." Fluttershy looked up. "The elements... I'm the only one left... as far as I know." She coughed. "where was I? Oh yes. I've been waiting for someone like you to show up. And now you've proven to me that you are Who I'm looking for." She turned to Starlight and took off her hood. "That key you got From the Chimera. It grants you access to the castle of the two sister, which is located in the Everfree forest... That will be your next destination"

Starlight gulped. "you want me to go to the Everfree forest? what makes you think I'll do that?"

Fluttershy laughed. "Starlight, I don't think you are going to go into the Everfree forest, I know you will. This is your purpose. and us undead need a purpose in life to keep us sane. your words are denying it, but your heart will make you follow your destiny, whether you think you want to or not."

Starlight sighed. She knew Fluttershy was right. "okay, fine! I'll go."

"Looks my job is done" Fluttershy put back on her hood. "We will meet again, Starlight. I look forward to it. just ahead is the exit, I wish you the best of luck... you have blood in your mane by the way." and then she vanished into thin air again.

Starlight frowned. and walked slowly towards the exit. She could feel the fresh air already. She didn't know how to feel about this at all.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading chapter 1. criticism is always appreciated. I think i did okay, but then again, I'm not an expert on this stuff. so let me know :p. i was thinking of writing the entire story before posting, but I've changed my mind. so yeah.