• Published 11th Feb 2019
  • 484 Views, 4 Comments

Bit's of Tomorrow's Future - No one is home



The Horse With No Name died a long time ago... The ashen waste survived him...

  • ...
 4
 484

Fresh Starts...

“Well, I hope you all enjoyed the field trips,” Discord announced cheerfully to his Alternate History 101 class, cheerfully proudly presenting a trophy for irresponsibility, “I am officially the first faculty member of the School of Friendship to have their chaperone privileges revoked!”

“Wow, congrats Mr. D!” Gallus flashed an enthusiastic thumbs up. “Competition was pretty fierce there, what with ‘Professors’ Applejack and Rainbow dash almost getting us all eaten alive by fish.”

“I know!” The draconequus sqee’d out loud. “Unfortunately, this means I can’t take you back to the future of Everglow.”

The six students looked more relieved than troubled by this news, but the chaotic teacher didn’t seem to mind at all as he continued. “Which is why we’re going to have a movie day!”

Three familiar fillies came into the class pushing a projector cart cheerfully. The young, yellow earth pony spoke first, “Where should we set this up, Mr. Discord, sir?”

“Just push the cart to the back of room, Apple Bloom,” Discord replied with a smile, “Mr. Discord will do the rest. If you’d like, the three of you can stay and watch the presentation with the class.”

“Are you kidding?” Scootaloo grinned. “If it gets us out of running cloth samples for Rarity’s class, we’re in! Uh… no offense Sweetie Belle.”

“Actually, I’m with you on this,” the white unicorn filly noted with a squeak. “How many oddly specific shades of purple does my sister need anyway?”

“And I recon’ we’d just have to come back later anyway to take the cart back,” Apple Bloom rationalized.

“That’s the spirit!” Discord encouraged the young ponies gleefully, and ignoring the film cart simply turned to the pull down screen as his eyes began to flicker, and movie day in Discord’s Class of Alternate History began.


-=-=-=-=-

“The Tomb of the Unnamed Soldier?!?!” the insectile, clown-faced pegasi’s gears clicked nervously. “This Tomb has been sealed for…”

“I know how long it has been sealed young one.” The Queen bowed her head. “I am the one who sealed it.”

“But why me, your majesty?” The youth balked at the weight of the task before him. “I’m only a magician, a clown… I entertain children.”

“My dear Tick Tock, you are so much more.” The queen smiled. “The agent of laughter, it is in your blood. It was a LeFaux who awoke the sword of the ancient warhorse, the Sun Killer, to defend us in our hour of desperation. It is in your blood. You are not alone, you carry the will of all your ancestors. She will trust you.”

“Wait, she? I don’t understand,” The young stallion hesitated his gears whirring in indecision.

“You will, young Tick Tock LeFaux,” The Queen gave a knowing smile, “Even now you feel the pull of destiny in your very blood, go… draw the ivory sword of war. And when you draw that terrible blade, laugh with her…”

-=-=-=-=-

“I’m a little confused,” Sweetie belle mused.

“Yeah… there was a pony...ish thing that didn’t have a name…” Gallus rolled a claw.

“The robot changeling is new,” Sandbar offered, “He’s a clown though… clowns, robots and changelings are kinda...a theme? I guess…”

“Will you three shut up already, you talked through the whole part where he entered the tomb!” Smolder declared in annoyance.

-=-=-=-=-

“I told that queen what would happen if anyone disturbed his rest.” Tick Tock froze as glowing red mechanical eyes appeared at the far end of the corridor and an alien, autotuned voice rang out. “What is your name? Everypony deserves a name for their monument.”

Fear fought a brief battle with resolve, but black sheep or not, Tick Tock would stand by the honor of his family’s name and for the honor of the goddess. “I am Tick Tock LeFaux. Son of Cotton Candy LeFaux, daughter of Candy Apple LeFaux, Daughter of Candy Corn LeFaux, son of…”

“Slapstick LeFaux,” the auto-tuned voice finished, “This changes things, my protocols prohibit me from making an example out of you.”

-=-=-=-=-

“That robot looks like me!” Sweetie gasped loudly in surprise.

“It’s weird right?” A white hippogryph clutched her cheeks and squee’d. “It turns out that in an alternate universe universe you’re a robot killing machine.”

“It’s really been a surprise to everyone.” Ocellus responded dispodently as the events unfolded on the screen before her.

Seriously, will you guys keep it down,” Smolder groused, “I’m trying to pay attention, here.”

-=-=-=-=-

“I can’t believe I was scared by a little filly, I thought for sure you were the guardian of the tomb,” Tick Tock laughed mechanically, “how did you get down here, little one? Where are your parents?”

“The pony that created me shot himself,” The little, metal, autotuned filly replied coldly, “He doesn’t matter. The only pony that matters rests in this tomb. I will remain with him in the darkness until I cease to function.”

-=-=-=-=-

“For real,” the orange filly in the room interjected, “What in Tirek’s flabby red flank are we watching?”

“Maybe if any of you would SHUT UP, we could figure that out!” The matching dragonette replied forcefully.

-=-=-=-=-

“Wait this is just one straight corrodoor with all the light at the opening end…” Tick Tock’s mechanical voice echoed for only a moment as he pieced it all together on his gear driven mind. “How did you get in here… and how did you get ahead of me?”

“It is a shooting lane,” The auto-tuned metal filly replied slyly, her tone turning suddenly sour, “That queen built his tomb to my specifications. One way in, nowhere to hide, nowhere to dodge, no cover, nowhere to serpentine. Did she send you here, or did you come of your own free will? Answer truthfully. I won’t take it out on you. I can’t make an example… out of you…”

-=-=-=-=-

“He finally died.” Yona reflected with uncharacteristic forthought. “He died and she just can’t accept it.”

“She was unequipped to deal with an unpleasant memory she wasn’t willing to erase outright", perhaps, Discorde smiled coyly.

-=-=-=-=-

Tactical Protocol SMLSUN027

When facing Designated Target SELSUN it is essential that SAFEWORD protocol be strictly adhered to as those injured by a SELSUN event may not be aware that what they are trying to communicate is not what they are communicating. Entreaties to end one’s life are not reflective of actual desires.