• Published 30th Jun 2019
  • 436 Views, 11 Comments

Power of Love! - Inactive Pone



Who knew A single Kidnapping was enough to spark off the biggest changeling invasion in Equestrian History?

  • ...
 11
 436

Chapter 3: Our Quest

Author's Note:

Fun fact: This will be the only chapter in the story that does not exceed 1500 words. So good job to this chapter for ruining the consistency and triggering my OCD!

For the rest of the day, Twilight has been experimenting and getting the hang of playing Puyos, and teaching the crew the basics as well. That gave time for Arle and Amitie to exchange information about their next possible adventure, which they are already thrown into by then.

They agreed to talk in the Castle library.

"So you came over because of my portal...?"

"Yeah, at least I think so. You must've channeled a really really big chain to get that to happen! There were lightning strikes and everything!"

Amitie blushed and scratched her head.

"I was teased into doing a chain of twenty..." She giggled.

"Twenty!?" Arle exclaimed. "How is that even possible...?"

"Off screen puyos," Amitie said, shrugging. "Anyway, Arle, you've got some explaining to do! I was so afraid just now!"

"I can't blame you," Arle replied. "You were attacked by changelings. Twilight told me they are a hostile force in this world, Equestria. They want to feast on the love of all her people!"

"Goodness me!" Amitie gasped.

"This is no small deal. We really need to help our new friends as soon as we can, or else the entirety of this world will be doomed!"

"*sigh* I wish our other friends also joined in. Don't get me wrong, but I hope they saw me making that portal here so they can come. Actually, one of them did."

"Oh?"

"I was teased by someone," She clarified.

"Who?"

Shut up, no spoilers.

"Amitie?"

"Eh? You didn't hear me just now?"

"N-No... That's strange... Well, we'll find out sooner or later anyway."

"Uh... Okay... Anyway! What to do?"

"We need to overthrow the Queen of the Changelings. The King lost in a civil war and surrendered, so we have to somehow get him back to power. Twilight told me he's reformed, so he's good with them once we win."

"Seems like our adventures aren't over yet!" Amitie said happily.

"Hey! I said the exact same thing yesterday!"

The two laughed. Then, they heard a knock on the door.

"That's our call," Arle said.


**Door opens**

The two were greeted by a few more faces than just the crew as soon as they enter the throne room.

"Girls, these are my mentors, also the rulers of our kingdom," Twilight explained. "Princess Celestia and Luna."

The two bow and were down on one knee as a greeting.

"We've heard about your appearance in our world, Arle," Celestia said informally, to relieve the tense atmosphere, "And your friend is?"

"Amitie," Arle replied. "I'm with her, and she's an ally. Don't worry."

Luna nodded. "Usually we would disgrace at an act of trespassing, let alone from another world, however, Twilight has explained the situation, so please, fear not."

Amitie breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you, I was getting worried, too."

"So, the reason why they're here, and why I've gathered everypo- *Clears throat* Everyone, is because not long after your arrival here, ponies have also been reporting sightings of people similar to you," Twilight explained, "The characteristics seem undeniable... Creatures walking on two legs, most with sophisticated clothing, and with distinct powers similar to that of Unicorns."

"If you can show us in detail their descriptions, maybe we can figure out who they might be!" Amitie said.

"Sure," Twilight replied. On the table were six lists. "It's only been a few days but reports ran high, which is reasonable since we've never seen a human in our world that's not transformed into a pony."

"Aaaaand boy it took us forever to summarize all of them into something we can all understand!" Pinkie said.

Arle and Amitie took a look at each list, all describing different people- But, to their absolute surprise, they were very, very accurate. Accurate descriptions of people they knew back home and from their adventures.

"Uhm, is it just me?" Amitie looked at Arle.

"I... I don't think so..."

After taking another look, the fact was crystal clear.

"They're all our friends!" They both yelled at each other.

Everypony gasped. "Ehhhhhhh!??"

"Your friends also came?" Rainbow asked.

"Are you sure about that?" Applejack seemed to agree.

"It's true!" Amitie cried. "We know all these people! The description matches completely with the appearance of our friends!"

Arle gasped. "This means our friends are here! In this world! We have to find them!"

"We also kept the location they were last seen in for the report," Celestia said. "Six of your friends have been reported to be spotted throughout Equestria. Las Pegasus, Appleloosa, Kirin Village, Cloudsdale, Manehattan, the Crystal Empire. We are not sure about their connection with their location, but these are the places they were seen in."

"Cloudsdale and the Kirin Village are hard to capture or hard to find," Fluttershy pointed out. "If we are going to find their friends, that's a good place to begin."

Rarity shook her head. "Manehattan and Las Pegasus have been bombarded by Changelings! If we don't save the ones in those places first, they'll be in danger!"

"The remaining two are somewhere in the middle," Luna continued. "The Crystal Empire is also heavily defended, so it's also a safe spot."

Amitie looked at the choices they’ve got. “Arle, you’ve got a plan?”

“So many choices... I wonder, in order to save time looking for our friends, we can split up to look for them,” Arle suggested. “Twilight, is there a way we could keep in contact over the large distance of the empire?”

“I suppose I can find a way to make it work,” She replied. “This plan would work pretty well- You see, each of us have a significant connection with one of the six places your friends have gone to. If we go to our respective fields, we’ll be at an advantage of being more familiarised with the place we go to. That’s just a bonus passage for communication with the locals if we ever need it.”

“Awesome!” Amitie said, “Are we set, then?”

“Not quite,” Twilight responded. “My friends and I still need to get more used to the ropes, and I wish that we can send 3 teams to 3 places at the same time, so we don’t leave Ponyville too undefended. Celestia and Luna can only teleport back and forth between towns so many times. I don’t want to trouble them so much.”

“Right,” Celestia said. “Changeling invasions can happen anywhere at any given time, so if this is your plan, make sure you all are well prepared to not fall into enemy hands.”

Everyone nodded in agreement.

“And for two of the teams, we’ll be there to assist!” Amitie said happily.

“I don’t see why not,” Arle showed no objection. “Once we successfully rescue our friends, return to Ponyville and we can discuss more plans.”

Luna nodded. “Due to the fall of Canterlot, we have ordered a shut down of the friendship express. However, for the mission, we will grant you special access to it for easier trips back and forth, as well as equipping the inside with remaining royal guard members to ensure your safety.”

“Sounds great!” Arle replied. “Are you all in?”

“It’s not like we can refuse,” Starlight said.


Day 12 of being kidnapped.

Because I couldn’t perform magic when my energy is drained, I got a chance to grab a bite today. Better than nothing, right?

Now that the Capital is firmly in their hands since I’m forced onto their side, I’m allowed to enter there as well. I wonder if the Queen would allow the chance I’ve gotten today more frequently, I’m always starving even with my magic negating that feeling!

Still, I wish my friends would come soon. I have no idea if my letter got to its intended recipient but I just have to hope it did. Oh, Great Hero Arle... Where are you?

~Ally


Ally closed her diary as Queen Chrysalis came momentarily.

“You must be really satisfied that I gave you the chance to rejuvenate that power of yours.”

“Yeah, I am,” Ally replies bluntly. ”Tch, just to help you on the battlefield...”

“Well, we plan to lay reinforcements on Canterlot, and you’ll be moving there too for safe protection. Don’t want my biggest weapon undefended.”

“Okay, Fine. I mean, Understood.”

Chrysalis gave her a bit of a suspicious stare before making her exit. Suddenly, as no one was watching, Ally’s pendant glowed.

“Huh?”

She looked at her little crystal pendant.

“I wonder... Does this mean something good happened? Oh, please tell me it's her...”