• Published 30th Jun 2019
  • 436 Views, 11 Comments

Power of Love! - Inactive Pone



Who knew A single Kidnapping was enough to spark off the biggest changeling invasion in Equestrian History?

  • ...
 11
 436

Chapter 1: Let the Puyo Battle Commence!

"Is she alright?"

"I am certain she is. She's only unconscious."

"I've heard you girls talk about the many portals connecting between Sunset Shimmer's world and ours, is this one of them?"

"I'm not sure. We have never seen someone like this, or I don't recall seeing her."

"I see... Well, you should probably stay if anything happens, Twilight."

"Understood, Celestia."


**Door closes**

Arle laid down on a bed in a guest room of the Friendship Castle. After entering the portal, she passed out. When she heard, though not clearly, the conversation between the Princesses, she realized she's alive and seemed to be well. She barely opened her eyes after a deep sleep, seeing a flank of a certain purple Alicorn.

"Wh-Wha...?"

Twilight's ear perked up and turned her head to face the girl. Arle's vision was a little bit clearer now, and to her big surprise, she saw not a human, but a pony... With wings? And a horn?

"Who... Who are you?"

Twilight smiled. "You may know me from the letter I sent you."

The moment she started speaking, Arle jumped out from the comfort under her blanket and let out one heck of a yell.

"You talk!?"

"Ehhhh, I do?" Twilight tilted her head.

"No way! Many worlds and adventures I have been through... I've yet to come across someplace like this, with talking creatures! Well, except my buddy, Ca-"

Then she gasped.

"Wait, where's my buddy, Carby?"

Twilight was very much confused about the situation, and all she could do, though unwilling to, was to calm her down with a spell.

"I'm not your enemy, don't panic."

Arle took a moment to take a breather and digest the scene happening before her.

“Okay... Hoo, I’m alright,” She dusted herself off before getting off the side of the bed, wearing her shoes. “So uh... Seeing how you pointed that out, you must be Princess Twilight Sparkle?”

Twilight nodded. “Just call me Twilight. I don’t actually like when ponies sound so formal.”

“You mean your people?”

“Yes, Exactly.”

Arle just realized her hair wasn’t tied while she slept. She found her blue band beside the bed and moved on with her words as she tied it.

“Am I in your kingdom? Equestria, correct?”

“Yes, what I said in the letter,” Twilight explained. “We actually did not expect you to come.”

“My vision was a bit blurry... Could you fill me in?”

*************

Twilight’s POV.

A week ago, I was walking through the Everfree Forest. Ever since the return of the Changelings and our failed defense, they’ve sacked the capital of Equestria. We cannot risk another loss to Chrysalis. Patrols were done regularly by what’s left of the royal guard after the invasion, as well as other ponies who Volunteered. We needed to make sure surprise attacks are detected and notified of at a minute’s notice.

I just felt like doing something to help with the routine as well, just in case.

Near the end of my intended shift, I hear magic. I quickly found out its source and it led me to an open area. All I saw was a girl. A human girl, actually. She did not seem to be conscious. Her eyes were shut, and she looked weak. I couldn’t stand there and not help her, even if I wasn’t sure if she’s an enemy.

I carefully carried her on my back to my Castle.

*************

**Normal POV.**

“How long was I out for...?”

“Only a day or so. You’re lucky.”

“Th-Thanks,” Arle said, relieved. “All I could remember was that I went into a portal, and soon everything went white... And suddenly I felt myself crashing on somewhere as my vision snapped.”

“I see,” Twilight replied. “Anyway, let’s get into the main topic. I’m willing to guess you are Miss Arle Nadja?”

“Yes, but just call me Arle.”

“It’s nice to meet you. Next thing, do you recognize the sender of the letter we have redirected to you, by any chance?”

“Oh, Yes!” Arle exclaimed, half-excitedly yet half-worriedly. “Oh, Ally... She’s my best friend in one of my recent adventures. She loves everything in the world and was the best buddy you could ask for. Who would ever kidnap her?”

“I will say,” Twilight said, unintentionally cutting her off, “Your friend really needs our help somehow. She also mentioned she was being used. I wonder if you know why?”

“Hmmm, I’m not sure. We both have things to fill each other in on, Twilight. Perhaps we could have a good chat and exchange information about the situation?”

“That will be very much appreciated, thank you,” Twilight nodded. “Regarding your friend’s-“


**Hissing**


“Gah!” Arle was startled by the sudden noise. “What was that?”

Another hiss followed. This time, Twilight saw the culprit through the window.

“Changelings!” She alerted. She cleared her throat for a Royal Canterlot Voice. ”All hooves on Deck!”

Arle temporarily covered her ears. “Wow, how did you do that?”

“Magic. It’s essential here, it’s good for you to know, Arle. Now please, stay inside as this short attack is put down. Surely they wouldn’t go all out right away on a small town like ours...”

“Understood, Princess. I will wait.”

“And, if any of my friends see you while coming out, don’t worry, I’ve given them the gist as to not freak out in front of you.”

Arle nodded as Twilight exited through the door.


Despite the small and minor target, the Changelings dispatched quite the number of troops to occupy Ponyville. Many were already terrorizing the locals, as another hundred or so Changelings marched right to the Castle.

Then Twilight realized- They weren’t here for the territory. They were here for her.

Because the Royal Guard was concentrated on the bigger cities, the mane seven came over to put down the commotion. Clearing the front line to the castle was extremely easy- All it took was some blasting of magic and some direct combat, not to mention how quickly they decide to fall back. For a while, the raid seemed too easy, but once the front line was completely exterminated, they move on back into town. Citizens were trapped in their puddles of goop left behind by the Changelings, ready to become their victims of sucking away their love.

Of course, Twilight was the first to reverse their plea. The group split up to free the citizens of their town. But as they were doing this, the Changeling army quickly encircled the main town from all sides, blocking the route back to the Castle and any exit to another city. They couldn’t even fly either since some were in their way. The group fell right into their trap- They got flanked from all sides when they least expected it.

But in the midst of chaos, someone came.

”Ice Storm!”

Soon, a part of the Changelings froze up, encased in ice. Twilight blasted through the stunned troops to make their escape from the blockade. When they do, they found the attack was done by someone special.

“Arle!?” Twilight gasped. “It’s dangerous here! Why did you-“

“I’m an adventurer too,” Arle scratched her head. “I have my ways!”

She brought up some kind of virtual board- One that the ponies certainly haven't seen before. She starts arranging given sets of little blob-like things into a pattern.

“What is that?” Starlight questioned.

“I’m from a world called the Puyo World. This is what we do- When we have some kind of conflict we couldn’t solve, we’ll settle it with a Puyo Battle!”

For the time being, she cut off her explanation as she made her move after creating a combo of clearing Puyos.

”Fireball!”

A shower of fireballs attacked the incoming herd. In the confusion, the ponies retreat along with Arle. Losing their main target, the Changelings were going to press on against the locals, but they withdrew according to their given plan from Chrysalis.


"That's... Honestly, a lot of information to take in," Applejack said.

The group was at the throne room, with Arle next to Twilight as she's the first that the human met. Arle just finished explaining most of her background information to everypony, about where she came from, what she does, and why she wanted to come, albeit not knowing how she got here through the portal.

"But how will you return to your world?" Fluttershy asked.

"Then I'll just have to hope I'm not the only one among my friends here. I know someone who can help, but I won't bet on it 100%," Arle replied.

That seemed to relieve most of the group.

"At least the Changelings retreated now," Rainbow said, "What's our next move?"

"Firstly," Twilight interrupted, "Arle, you have our thanks for getting out of that raid. Second, Now that they've taken Canterlot, it's more important than ever that we need to fight back, but it will be difficult since most of the nation's best-trained guards have been captured in the raid. We need some way to defend against upcoming raids, so we have time to gather up hooves and fight back."

"You mean gather up arms, right?" Arle whispered.

"It's a Ponish thing." Twilight replied.

The group went into thought mode for about a minute or so, brainstorming their own plans for defense and counter-attacks. But what Twilight said was right- They've lost their best shield. Without it, defeat could be imminent. This fact diminished the group's optimism.

Well, except one.

"Uh, hellooooooo?" Pinkie giggled, gesturing towards Arle.

"Who? Me?" Arle was confused.

Twilight gasped. "That's right! Arle, you said you know how to pop... What are they called?"

"Puyos."

"Yeah, you said when you pop Puyos in a Puyo battle, you get magic to cast powerful spells," She continued, "Maybe if we learn how to do it under your command, perhaps we would get stronger!"

"Even for the Non-Magic type of the group may get stronger, is that correct?" Rarity questioned.

"Yes, but the Puyo magic only lasts for a short period of time, fueling your strength or your magic if you already possess it."

"That's why," Starlight said, "If we know how to do it, we can give ourselves that power anywhere we wish."

Arle thought for a bit. "It took me a long time to really master the tricks of Puyo. Could you all do the same...?"

"I'll learn first, just to digest the details," Twilight volunteered. "I'll tell everypony later on. And you said you might not be the only one of your group here, so perhaps we can focus on offense while you and your friends fuel us with magic! Simple!"

"Sounds like a plan!" Arle nodded. "Seems like my adventures weren't over after all."

"When you're in Equestria, it's impossible to escape from adventure."

The group all nodded in agreement.



Puyo Apprentice Arle has joined the Party