• Published 3rd Feb 2019
  • 1,249 Views, 5 Comments

Foalish - Peekeboo



Everypony has something they find comfort in.

  • ...
5
 5
 1,249

Rarity

Rarity let out a tiny sigh as she sat back on her haunches in front of her sewing machine. Gently, she levitated the fabric she had been working on to a nearby mannequin. With a quick flash of magic, the dress was on display. Standing once more, she levitated her box of jewels with her as she moved towards it. Although already magnificent, Rarity wasn’t satisfied with her work. Minutes passed of her placing and switching out gems, until finally she was pleased with it.

As she stepped back to admire the dress, she glanced out the window, surprised to find that Princess Luna had long since raised the moon. Blinking in surprised, she suddenly realized just how tired she actually was. With a yawn and a stretch, she sat down the box, turned off the lights, and drug herself to her bedroom.


On her way, she reflected on her day. It had been...less then wonderful. Between having several rude customers and still not being finished with a massive order, she hadn’t had anytime to rest. And this had left her completely exhausted.

Walking through her bedroom door, there was only one thing she wanted right now.

With a small smile, she walked towards her closet. Using her magic, she levitated a large locked box from the top self, behind her shoes. Placing it on her bed, she reached under her mattress and pulled out a key. She realized that she had perhaps gone a bit far in an attempt to hide this, but there was simply no way in Equestria that she was going to risk Sweetie Belle finding it.

She unlocked the box.

Using her magic once again, she lifted the outfit out of the box. She grinned widely as she unfolded the garment.

She so loved her hoofsie pajamas.

Typically, only young foals wear pajamas like this, but since she was MORE then capable of making her own clothing, she couldn’t help herself. She found them to be so warm and comfortable. It reminded her of a simpler time, one were the stress of a fashionista didn’t plague her. Still, she couldn’t resist adding a bit of flair.

It was made with a magnificent purple fabric, the softest she could find, and had white, sparkling diamond shapes sewn onto the front.

She unzipped it, pulled it over her back hoofs, pulled her tail through the hole in the back, and finally over her front hoofs.

Zipping it up, she climbed into bed.

She felt so warm and safe. Memories flooded back to her from her youth. Simple times, full of laughter and joy, softness and gentleness. A time of lullabies and bedtime stories. She could finally relax as her mind slipped to a place of ease.

She wrapped the blankets tightly around her herself, nuzzling up to them. The world around her seemed so big, but she felt safe being swaddled in the comfort of her pjs.

With heavy eyes, she used her magic to turn the lights off as she slowly drifted to sleep.

————————

The next morning when she woke, she had the all to familiar feeling of disgust at herself.

She wasn’t proud of her little secret. She hated it with a passion. A grown pony, especially one of her stature, shouldn’t be enjoying such foalish things! What if a Canterlot Elitist saw her in sure a garment! Why, she’d be the laughing stock of the fashion industry!

She immediately took off her attire and locked it back inside the box. She should just simply throw it away!

She paused as that thought crossed her mind. The last time she had thrown it away she had just made a new one to replace it. Angry at herself for her lack of control (and the desire to not waste more material), she continued to put it away.

Stomping down the stairs, she made a silent promise to herself to stop acting like a little filly.

Right now, she needed to clear her head. She needed to sit down and eat something.

Wanting to keep herself busy, she decided to go all out and fix herself a nice breakfast. Running around her kitchen, grabbing what she needed, She founding her mind wondering back to her hoofsie pajamas.

Why exactly does she find them so appealing? Well, obviously anything she made was wonderful, but why specifically an outfit such as that? She was more then capable of making herself a lovely night gown, or perhaps even a two piece, but there was something about hoofsie pjs that she loved. Something comforting about them....

Shaking her head, she sat down at her table to eat.

Maybe she could make more and market them. That would be a laugh! She smiled as she imagined the streets of Canterlot, late a night, filled with ponies wearing her silly pjs. Everyone would want one! Even the princesses themselves would ask her to make them each a custom! Oh, for Princess Celestia she would make a splendid, sparkling, white one, with a bright yellow sun. Princess Luna would have a lovely dark shade of blue, with the moon shining brightly on hers. It would be the fashion statement of the centur-

Rarity immediately snapped out of her thoughts. She was being absolutely ridiculous! The idea of anypony wanting such a thing, it was positively stupid!

With a huff, she finished her breakfast and started to clean up. She needed to focus on the order she had and not some silly daydream that CERTAINLY wouldn’t happen.

As she finished up, she heard a knock at her door. Mumbling about how someponies must not understand what a ‘Closed’ sign means, she walked towards the door. Before she even reached it, their was another knock. A much more persistent knock.

“Just a moment!” She called, forcing a fake, cheerful, voice. “We are still closed at the moment, but we open again at-oh!” she opened the door. “Hello, Rainbow Dash! How are you this lovely morning?”

“Uh....hey, Rarity.....I, uh.....I need some help.” She was shifting from hoof to hoof, kicking lightly at the ground.

“Oh? How can I help you, darling?” If Rainbow was this uncomfortable, it must be a big deal.

“Um.....” She was being quiet. “C-could you....maybe...”

At this point Rarity noticed the backpack the pegasus was wearing. She took it off and sat it in front of her.

“......fix it?”

Author's Note:

Let me know if you see any mistakes, please!