• Published 18th Jan 2019
  • 240 Views, 1 Comments

Unfinished Chapter Ones - FS713



A compilation of unfinished fanfic ideas from years ago.

  • ...
 1
 240

Reunion

Author's Note:

Short Description: Things get complicated when Scootaloo's estranged parents walk back into her life.

Long Description: When Scootaloo's long-estranged mother and father find themselves back in her life, she and Rainbow try to re-kindle their relationship.

Rating: E

Genres: Drama, Sad, Slice Of Life

Main Characters: Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash, OC


Yep, a sad story about Scootaloo's parents. Fun fact: at the time I was planning to base the emotional climax of this story on the infamous Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air Will's dad episode. Yeah.

CONCEPTION: August 2016

“Yes, I’ll have two large double-layered fry burgers and an extra large Lighthoof’s Lemon Lime. How ‘bout you, Scoots?”

Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo stood at the counter at a Cloudsdale Burgers And Wings as they ordered their lunches.

“Hmm… I think I’ll take a large bag of hay/double cheese sliders with extra fries and a large Cloudy Cola.”

“All right, we’ll have it ready for you soon.” said the stout brown stallion behind the counter, handing them a red card with the number “15” on it.

Rainbow and Scootaloo began to make their way to their table.

Rainbow nudged Scootaloo playfully. “Great call on those sliders, kid. I’ll tell you the first time I had those…” she pounded her chest twice. “Hoo, they’re somethin’.”

Scootaloo chuckled. “Can’t wait. Hey, thanks again for taking me out today, Rainbow.”

“Aww, don’t mention it, Scoot,” Rainbow replied, nuzzling Scootaloo’s hair with her hoof. “I always love hanging out with the most awesome sister in all of Equestria.”

“Please, Rainbow,” playfully pushing Rainbow’s hoof away from her head, “I think we all know you’re the most awesome sister in Equestria.”

“Please, it’s totally you!”

“Nu uh! It’s you!”

The two laughed while continuing the exchange before taking their seats.

“Lemme tell ya Scoots, this place is somethin’. Burgers And Wings is the finest burger joint in Cloudsdale. My big brother used to take me here all the time as a filly. Way better than that lame ol’ Hayburger down in Ponyville.”

Scootaloo chuckled. “I’ll take your word on that.”

“Oh, you will not regret it. Hey, between you and me, I think we Pegasi have the best food.” The two shared a laugh. “‘Aight, I gotta go hit the bathroom. You stay here and watch for our food, ‘k?”

“You got it, Rainbow.” The two exchanged a hoofbump before Rainbow trotted off.

Scootaloo turned around and surveyed the restaurant. The place was about as populated as you’d expect a slightly-higher-end-than-average burger joint to be on a late Saturday afternoon, just about packed but not quite crowded. She observed all the ponies around her. There was a lone pale bluish-grey stallion with a darker blue mane eating a small burger, Cloudchaser and Flitter sharing a platter of fries, an adult couple that consisted of a taller stallion that shared Scootaloo’s colors with a hockey stick cutie mark and a beige mare with a flaming wheel cutie mark…

Those last two ponies struck a chord in Scootaloo’s mind. She looked back to the couple. Could it… no, it couldn’t be. Right?

The two ponies whispered something cryptic and glanced at her. Scootaloo panicked and hid behind a counter.

She was trembling slightly as Rainbow walked up behind her.

“Hey-”

“AH!” Scootaloo jumped in startlement.

“Whoa, hey, calm down, it’s just me. Why are you over here? You’re supposed to be watching for our food.”

“Hey Rainbow…” Scootaloo looked past the counter and pointed over to the couple. “You see those two ponies over there?”

Rainbow took notice. “Yeah, I see ‘em. Why, do you know them?”

“I…”

Scootaloo’s voice grew emotional, slightly cracking.

“I think they’re my parents.”

“Your parents? Scootaloo, I thought you never knew your parents.”

“I didn’t. But… sigh OK, so, you know my foster mother, Mrs. Goodhoof, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, a few years ago, I think I was about nine or ten, I asked her if she had ever caught a glimpse of my real parents the night they left me at her doorstep. I’ll never forget how vividly she described them; ‘a tall stallion with a coat and mane just like your very own, and a mare with burnt beige fur and an aura of even stronger burning passion. Cutie marks of hockey sticks and wheels, symbols of sport and drive, designed for ambitious speedsters… much like yourself.’.”

Rainbow was taken aback. “Wow, you... memorized that whole thing? Word for word?”

Scootaloo nodded. “It was the only recollection of my real parents that I ever had.” She sighed and turned towards the couple again. “that is... until today, I guess.”

Rainbow sighed. “You wanna go talk to them? Don’t worry, I’ll be right there with you,” she said, wrapping her wing around the filly.

Scootaloo smiled. “Thanks Rainbow.”