• Published 16th Jan 2019
  • 616 Views, 1 Comments

The Nightmare Returns. - Lucy_Marigold



The Nightmare Forces are back, wanting Rarity to become Nightmare Rarity once more. Something terrible ensues after she willing agrees for the second time. Realizing her mistake when her deal backfires, Rarity must live as the monster she becomes

  • ...
 1
 616

Chapter 1: The Return.

Author's Note:

A/N Guess who's back! I am! I haven't been posting on this site since Feb 2018. It's good to be back. Hopefully I'll end up writing and posting more.

Chapter 1; The Return.

She awoke from her sleep, a nightmare the ever ending cause for her abrupt awakening. Rarity arose from her sleeping bag, the smooth plastic sliding off of her body onto the ground. Gently, she trotted towards the balcony on the other side of the room, stepping over Applejack in the process. She gingerly opened the glass door and slipped out into the cool autumn night. She placed her hooves across the banister, glazing out at the scenery below and around her. Rarity let loose a sigh, pondering the thoughts and vivid memory of her nightmare. They were coming back and that was a certainty. Rarity looked back at the sleeping forms of her friends, bunched up on the ground in sleeping bags, being blissfully unware of the secret Rarity harboured deep inside. She lowered her hooves, the lack of sleep making her plead for more rest. She began walking inside but felt sluggish and slow. She stumbled forward, tripping over Fluttershy and landing with a high pitched squeal on the floor. Her friends woke up from the commotion. She felt something snake up her leg, it grabbing tightly onto her body before dragging her back towards the balcony. “Help me!” She screamed, Applejack rushed forward, using her lasso to grab onto Rarity’s waist.

“Not again!” Fluttershy yelped, Pinkie Pie holding tightly beside her.

“Ah need some help!” Applejack desperately cried, the others rushing forward to assist their friend. Rarity could feel the pull of magic as Twilight tried with all her might to pulling the unicorn back inside. She gasped in pain as she felt something puncture her lower leg. She screamed more, struggling.

“I can’t… hold on much longer.” The lavender mare shouted, her face showing the strain she was under. The five mares couldn’t hold on as Rarity’s body became paralysed and limp. Unable to escape the grasp of whatever had caught her, Rarity wailed as she was quickly pulled away. She watched as she was pulled away from her friends, the door slamming closed behind her. She felt the snake-like shadow sliding across her muzzle, silencing her. She eyes began to drop as she slipped into sleep.



Rarity awoke in a familiar place. She was in the Castle of The Two Sisters in the Everfree Forest. She was gaged and tied tightly to the throne she was sitting on, another vacant one sitting nearby. She struggled with her bonds, tugging hard against them. A shadow slunk out of the corner, another one following behind. The first one smiled, moving closer to Rarity. It removed the gag from her muzzle. “What do you want this time?! I wouldn’t fall for your tricks a second time.” Rarity spoke, angry and temperamental.

Ah. We are after the same as before.” The darker one spoke.

“I won’t let you-.” She began but was swiftly cut off, still struggling in her bonds.

Oh don’t tell us that you didn’t enjoy it. The power, the control, the will. You can give us what you failed to do last time. Last time, you were weak, without us you still are. Join us again, Rarity. Don’t you want to be powerful?” Another snapped, snaking around Rarity.

“I-I-I..” She stammered.

Don’t you want to help us again? You’re just like us, Rarity. Lusting for power, for love, for appreciation. WE can give you all of that. Become one with us again, Rarity.” More of them began to emerge, circling around Rarity.

“It’s not true.” Rarity whispered to herself.

It is true, embrace it. You’ll finally belong.” Rarity felt over-whelmed, the nightmare creatures circling her, blocking her sight. “Join us. Just say the word.

”I agree. On one condition.” She spoke softly. The nightmares stopped, a thousand pairs of eyes staring back at her in interest.

What condition?”

“I also get control. A fifty/fifty share.”

A share? Hmm. Give us a moment.” The shadows dispersed for a moment, forming together nearby. Rarity could hear whispers. They circled around Rarity a moment later. “We agree to your terms. Let it begin then.” A pure black shadow emerged from the rest, latching itself onto Rarity. It oozed into her coat, snaking around her body until it reached her eyes. Rarity closed them, hissing in pain whilst biting her tongue. She let herself be taken.