• Published 26th Dec 2011
  • 1,364 Views, 10 Comments

Crimson Bonds - Dumakey93



An experiment of sorts, testing the boundary of sanity and sickness.

  • ...
9
 10
 1,364

The Same Man

The ponies stepped back to let the mist settle down before looking at their handiwork.
"Did it work?"
"I dunno, we just have to wait a few more seconds."

A loud thump was heard from the mist, and a Ian stepped out of the mist.
I looked at them all, "Hello, I am Ian."

The group of ponies gasped, thinking that the spell didn't work. In reality, it did work, but swapped the main character with another. The only difference with the man standing there was that he had powers as a human without a transformation.

"You may think that the spell you cast did not work, that is where you are wrong. You see, the spell turned Ian into a stallion, but sent him to my world. We decided to switch places, with him in my universe and vice versa."

The group was still shocked, but they nodded signalling they understood.

"Anypony need more explanations? Good, now, let's get started. We need to defeat Discord, right? But I need brush up on my skills first, any ideas?"

Dr. Whooves stepped up, "You may train with one of each kind, Alicorn, Earth Pony, Pegasus, and Unicorn."
I grinned, "Why don't I take on all of each kind at once."
"I don't think that you can handle-"
"Doesn't matter...we have a days rest ahead of us anyway."
"But it's morning..."
"Oh, I forgot about that, so, let's begin."

I looked at the group of ponies, and made my choice. "I would like to train with you Earth ponies first."
"Alright guys, let's do that."

Several Hours Later...

Applejack, Big Mac, and Dr. Whooves surrounded me in a triangle formation, the worst case scenario. I beckoned them with my fingers, "C'mon, let's do this!"

Big Mac rushed at me at full-speed, about as fast as an NFL linebacker. The speed and power was intense, as he collided with me, head-on. I nearly blacked out on impact, but overpowered him quickly, moving him up on his hindquarters. I looked and saw Applejack coming at me from behind. Her speed was phenomenal, leaving a dust trail. She bucked me in my back, and I heard several cracking sounds. I ignored the pain, and flung Big Mac in a circle, hitting Applejack's ribs. She had her breath knocked out of her, and was shocked at the impact. With the two in a tired heap, all that was left was Dr. Whooves. I looked around, but saw no signs of him.

"You have to analyze all your opponents, before attacking. If you don't, you leave openings."

"Really Doc? Are you really underground? Such a petty tactic."

I used my legs to crush the earth beneath my feet, suspecting the Doctor was there. It turned out that he was, but he had a weapon in his hand, that looked somewhat like a pen. I recognized what it was for, and dodged the attack. The Doctor anticipated this, and kicked my face with his hooves, breaking my nose. Despite the amount of blood gushing from my nose, I pushed on. Grabbing the hooves that kicked me, I applied force to one of his pressure points. With that, the Doctor announced that the training was over, since I defeated all of them.

The three got up and shook my hand, congratulating me on beating them. The only reason why I beat them was that I took self defense classes for a year on Earth. That, and for some reason, I had more strength here than on Earth.

The training session seemed short, but had lasted for a few hours. Time flies when you're beating up friends. When sunset arrived, I decided to stay up that night to meditate and clear my head to form strategies for approaching Discord. Little did I know, a dark figure had infiltrated our training grounds.