• Published 28th Dec 2018
  • 1,130 Views, 15 Comments

The Gamer: Equestria - TerribleTy27



Spike recieves the abilities of The Gamer.

  • ...
4
 15
 1,130

Chapter 1: God is an MLP Fan

Tap. Tap. Tap.

A quiet tapping sound reverberated through the treehouse. It's source? A very bored, very annoyed dragon. This dragons name?

Spike.

For what felt like the hundredth time, he had been left behind on what had appeared to be a benign mission. He wasn't angry though. He understood that his personality could be very grating at times, and knew that the girls needed a break. But despite all that, he was still bored. He had resorted the books twice, dusted off the shelves once, and even went so far as to do a whole lot of nothing! For four hours straight, he had walked in a circle. Once he realized it was midnight, he attempted to retire- But he was restless. Oh so restless. This had been a consistent pattern for almost three years now. The lack of work had left his mind constantly unfatigued and hungry for something to do!

As sleep finally began to assert itself, he prayed.

To whom?

He didn't know.

But what he prayed?

He prayed that something would change. That this endless routine would finally end.

~|~|~|~

Little did he know, a certain God was also very restless. The whole humanity thing was interesting and all, but it could only go so far entertainment-wise. So as he waited for the apocalypse, he had gotten into some of humanities creations. Anime was a big one in particular, and occasionally the good movie or two. But the one that he enjoyed the most (and the one the other two loved to tease him about) was the friendly children's cartoon: My Little Pony. For a couple millennia, it satisfied him. Then, as the 57th season reached the finale, he realized something.

The show was boring.

After many, many episodes, the show had simply stopped trying. Quietly, the writers had begun reusing the same plots over and over, with just the slightest differences. Rainbow Dash and Applejack switched roles. Owliscious ran away instead of Spike. Mega-force Robot Rarity fought The Ultimate Battle Of MLP(TM) instead of alien genderbended Dusk Shine.

He sighed. If only there was some universe where My Little Pony was real. Then he could get some really fun-

Oh. He's omnipotent.

He snapped his fingers. A bright pastel land of rainbows and talking horsies greeted him. Green grass stretched on for miles. The only thing visible was a small town in the distance.

He grinned. He already knew what he wanted to do. A burning fire began to stir in his chest as he realized the magnitude of what he was about to do.

Namely, the massive amount of hilarity this would lead to.

Snap.

~|~|~|~

When Spike woke up, he was expecting purple crystal to greet him. Perhaps he would hear the quiet sounds of a sleepy town waking up in the distance. If he was particularly lucky, he might've even smelled the faint flowery scent of pancakes in the morning.

What he was not expecting was his Canterlot bedroom. What he was not expecting was the painfully loud hustle and bustle of a capital city. What he was not expecting was the smell of burnt death incarnate.

And he definitely wasn't expecting a blue pop up to hover in front of his face. Spike's eyes widened to the size of frying pans as a thousand thoughts raced through his mind. But with all the willpower of a green lantern, he clamped down on the wild thoughts. The most important thing was to gather information.

With the speed of a snail, he moved away from the pop up. As he moved, the pop up's direction changed too. Almost as if it were attempting to let him read the text easier. To his surprise it didn't follow him, but continued to merely change direction.

As he began to calm down, he read the box aloud, "You have slept in a comfortable bed. Your HP and MP has been fully restored?"

Clenching his teeth, he slashed his hand across the pop up. To his surprise, it felt as if nothing was there. His hand simply passed through the pop up. The pop up itself rippled like water before slowly turning transparent. Spike watch in awe and more then a bit of confusion as it completely vanished.

There were a couple of distinct possibilities for Spike at the moment.

Number one was that this was a dream. Spike shut his eyes. If this was a dream, it would at least destabilize. He opened his eyes.

Well, that's one posibility down.

Number two was that Twilight had experimented with him in his sleep. He grimaced. The thought was nasty, but it was plausible. When the mare got something into her head, virtually nothing could stop her.

For thinking through various possibilities in an efficient manner, you've received 1 INT!

"Spike!"

A familiar voice echoed through the room. Spike slowly turned around. His eyes bugged out for the second time that day as he saw a very irate, very wingless Twilight. As he stared in shock, he felt the familiar hold of levitation grasp him.

"Honestly Spike, how long were you planning on sleeping in? I cooked breakfast!" said Twilight.

Twilight plopped Spike in the seat as she sat into the one opposite him. In front of both them stood a tall pile of pancakes. Burnt, black, charred pancakes. He gulped them down as quickly as possible, knowing that his tongue would fall off if he 'savored' the taste.

"Say, Twilight?" began Spike.

"Hmm?" she said, poking the pancakes.

”What year is it?" he said.

Her eyes twitched as she spoke, "It's one thousand A.B, Spike. I've already given three lectures about the return of Nightmare Moon! Honestly-"

Spike phased out her voice as he realized something.

He had gone back in time.

"Spike, uh, are you alright?" said Twilight.

Twilight's face had morphed into concern, losing all the aggression it had mere moments ago.

"Just a bit tired. I'll be fine," said Spike.

You've created a new skill!
Deception
LV. 1
Description:
The level of this ability determines your ability to deceive and lie.
At your current level, you'd be lucky to trick a toddler.
Your chances of deception are calculated like so:
(LVofDeception + LCK) - (Subjects Perception + Subjects LCK)

He stared at the screen before waving it away, only for another to pop up.

Lie failed!

Twilight nodded slowly, a hint of concern still showing.

"Hey, if you need a break-" she began.

"It's fine," he said, with a bit more force then necessary.

Twilight reeled back. She had never heard that much aggression from Spike before. A warm ember crawled through her cheeks.

Elsewhere, a small universe imploded.

Twilight reeled back. She had never heard that much aggression from Spike before. Her face fell. His face fell as he realized he was worrying her. An inkling of guilt worked its way through his system. He let out a small tuft of air.

"We need to head to the library," she said.

He nodded.

~|~|~|~

"SURPRISE!"

Twilight was not happy. Spike on the other hand, was very grateful for the distraction. With a tip and a tap, he dashed up the stairs using the skill of a ninja.

Now that he had a moment alone, he could test out his ability. Time to see if he remembered the D&D rulebook properly.

"Status," he said, quietly.

A blue pop-up, virtually identical to the ones from earlier, filled up his vision.

Spike

Health-100/100

Mana-50/50

The Gamer

Title-None

Level-1 Exp-30/400

Race-Dragon

STR-4

VIT-3

DEX-2

INT-3

WIS-2

LUC-3

POINTS-0

MONEY- 0B

Spike is a dragon, the son of ? and ?. He is still a baby dragon, and has a fairly short attention span. He has ?, but hasn't figured it out yet. Spike is unaware of who his parents are, and wishes to find meaning in his life. Spike loves Twilight Sparkle, and all his friends.

Status-None

He sighed.

This is gonna be a very very long day.

Author's Note:

This is my first fimfic, so bare with me. Also I have 0 idea where any of this is going. At all. No joke. Suggestions genuinely appreciated.