• Published 18th Dec 2018
  • 940 Views, 14 Comments

"I wouldn't say Heroes...." - TheOneWhoWanders



".....But we're definitely something" A group of five disgruntled adventurers are each dropped into separate areas of the planet Equestria is found. Of course, they are very annoyed at this.

  • ...
0
 14
 940

Swede's visit to the Hospital

Swede's eyes fluttered open slowly. The feeling in most of his body was also returning, mainly in his arms and legs. His ears were greeted by a strange beeping noise. When he was finally able to open his eyes they were assaulted by a ridiculous amount of light. He groaned and attempted to raise a hand to his head but it was held back by some kind of wire filled with blood. For a second he thought some dastardly villain had captured him and was harvesting his blood for some evil plot. That was until he was able to gather his thoughts and remember that this was a new medical technique that some of the larger cities in Haneton had begun using.

His head turned to the door and he watched what looked like a unicorn walk into the room. It was wearing a white jacket of some kind and was reading something on a clipboard. It didn't look like it had noticed he was awake. Swede cleared his throat to get the unicorn's attention. It raised its gaze from the paper and stared at him with a shocked expression for a solid 10 seconds.

Swede broke the awkward silence with a friendly "Hello!"
That appeared to snap the creature out of its stupor and it responded in a male voice.

"H-hi? Um...How are you awake right now? You should have been in that coma for another month at least!"

"I...don't know. Begging your pardon, good....Doctor?"
At the unicorn's nod, swede continued.
"Might I know your name?"

The unicorn seemed hesitant but complied.
"My name is Doctor Sawbones. Can I get your name? For the medical record?"

"Of course, I'm Yuri Swede but I'd much prefer being addressed by my last name."

Sawbones wrote the name down on the paper then said something about fetching the princess to speak with him and left. Swede sighed, hopefully this Princess can answer some of his questions. He had plenty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celestia was sat in her office. It was finally time for her break. She was in the middle of devouring a rather large slice of Banofee cream cake. Her assistant, Raven Inkwell, had told her that if she would have to change her diet soon or face the consequences of her choice in food. She nearly dropped the piece on her fork when the royal physician, Doctor Sawbones, slammed her door open and began yelling about someone waking up.

"Sawbones? Sawbones, calm down. Get your breath, use your words. Whose woken up?" She asked, using her usual motherly tone in an attempt to calm the obviously panicking medical professional.

Sawbones took some deep breathes then responded to his Princess. "Th-the creature that crashed through the throne room roof has woken up. I came to get you to speak with him, like you asked."

Celestia's eyes widened. It shouldn't have been possible for anything to be awake after a fall like that. On top of that, Twilight wasn't even in Canterlot yet, nevermind the Palace. It looked like Celestia had to begin talking with her new guest sooner than originally expected and by herself. Well, better now than later.

"Take me to his room, Sawbones. Lets see if we can find out anything about him."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The door to Swede's room opened and in walked the large white horse that he'd seen before he passed out on the floor. This must be the Princess.

"Hello! My name is Yuri Swede, I'd bow but I'm currently a bit.......restrained." He began. The horse let out a chuckle and sat down in the cushioned seat next to the bed.

"I wouldn't expect you too anyway. Honestly? I find it very uncomfortable."

"I can imagine. So, I expect we both have some questians that the other may have answers too."

"Indeed. Would you like to go first? Or shall I?"

Swede thought for a moment. This Princess was unlike the other royals he had dealt with back in Haneton. She seemed much more......kind and caring then the ones he was used to. Perhaps he should change his usual strategy.

"Might I go first, highness? You do have me at a disadvantage in this situation."

The Princess smiled and nodded. Swede began simply enough.

"Well, starting simple is always good. What's your name and what is my current location?" Swede asked while looking around the room. The window showed he was in a city and likely an important one if a member of the royalty had a castle within it. The architecture also looked regal. Everything appeared to be made out of some kind of marble with very high quality wood making up everything else.

"I am Princess Celestia and you are in the Royal infirmary of Canterlot Castle, in the city of Canterlot. Canterlot is also the capital city of the Principality of Equestria. Might I know how you arrived here? You did crash through my throne room ceiling."

Swede laughed then explained that he and his friends had been traveling to a city to stay the night before moving on. He also spoke about how the strange blue portal had sucked all five of them into it. He asked if Celestia could tell him if any news of their whereabouts was found as it was obvious that they hadn't all been dropped in the same place. Celestia, of course, accepted the request. Soon after the questions turned to how things are in their respective worlds. Both Swede and Celestia were shocked at how different their respective planes of existence were. Swede was unable to believe that any place could not be constantly fighting itself and Celestia couldn't bare to think about the amount of suffering the people of Haneton had to go through on a daily basis.

"If things are as bad as you describe in your home then perhaps it is good that you have arrived here." Celestia said, sadness filling her voice and her head looking down.

"I'm inclined to agree with you Princess. Some members of my group may not though. For three of them, violence is their life. They know nothing more and are probably going to look for a way back." Swede spoke with pity for those he was thinking of. He didn't think he'd ever have pity for Pajara but apparently she had grown on him.

"Anyway, I'm sure you have many duties to attend to and I need my rest. Perhaps we can talk again some other time?" Swede said, turning to look out the window.

"Indeed. I will be here tomorrow with my former student, Twilight Sparkle. She will have many questions so you should probably prepare yourself."

Celestia walked to the door and left. Perhaps now she can finish her cake. She had much to think on, as well.